No, Biden isn't defunding the Police.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Remember when the right wing posters here said he supported that?
Whirly remembers and wishes the thread still existed in all its far right, sickening, insurgent, pre-revolutionary glory!

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Whirly remembers and wishes the thread still existed in all its far right, sickening, insurgent, pre-revolutionary glory!

Does Biden back the ACLU?

https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-law-reform/defunding-the-police-will-actually-make-us-safer/

How about civil rights:

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/6-reasons-why-its-time-to-defund-police

What you are doing is playing a shell game. You never look at a candidates words at face value. You look at who they support, and who they take contributions from.

Since you never miss an opportunity to point out if a Right leaning person associates with known racists, like you did with Kyle Rittenhouse, I can only assume you know this. And that you are intentionally and deceptively applying a double standard.

Either you're lying. Or you live in a partisan bubble.

I'd vote on the option A personally.

Robtard

Robtard remembers as well.

Biden is all about funding the police so they're better trained, have health professional to deal with mental illness, etc, he's literally pushing for this as part of his agenda.

"President Joe Biden says defunding police is not the answer to stopping gun crimes and killings. He spoke in New York about recent attacks on police and gun violence." -snip

Patient_Leech
But he's a part of the Radical Left, isn't he??! That's what the Trump rhetoric said at the time, so he must be defunding the police! Therefore Check Mate, Libtards!

ilikecomics
I absolutely think law enforcement should be abolished and replaced with peace officers.

Peace officers wouldn't act as foot soliders for the powers that be, but rather would protect people and property.

Currently the great proportion of security is already supplied by market forces i.e. bouncers, security guards, camera companies etc.

It not disgusting to prefer competition among providers of security instead of a Monopoly on it, unless you think monopolies are badass.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by cdtm
Does Biden back the ACLU?

https://www.aclu.org/news/criminal-law-reform/defunding-the-police-will-actually-make-us-safer/

How about civil rights:

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/6-reasons-why-its-time-to-defund-police

What you are doing is playing a shell game. You never look at a candidates words at face value. You look at who they support, and who they take contributions from.

Since you never miss an opportunity to point out if a Right leaning person associates with known racists, like you did with Kyle Rittenhouse, I can only assume you know this. And that you are intentionally and deceptively applying a double standard.

Either you're lying. Or you live in a partisan bubble.

I'd vote on the option A personally.

A government existing at all is an infringement on one's liberties.

Robtard
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I absolutely think law enforcement should be abolished and replaced with peace officers.

Peace officers wouldn't act as foot soliders for the powers that be, but rather would protect people and property.

Currently the great proportion of security is already supplied by market forces i.e. bouncers, security guards, camera companies etc.

It not disgusting to prefer competition among providers of security instead of a Monopoly on it, unless you think monopolies are badass.

It seems like you want to do away with the police and replace them with the police.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
It seems like you want to do away with the police and replace them with the police. thumb up laughing out loud Bingo!

ilikecomics
It seems like you want to do away with the police and replace them with the police.

I want the Monopoly on the production of security and defense to be demonopolized.

Competition allows for the consumers to dictate their level of security, instead of paying for it even if their don't need it (taxation for police).

Plus in most cases the police have impunity from criticism.

It's the difference between a citizen's arrest or a police arrest.
If the citizen is wrong in his analysis he may be tried for kidnapping if the arrest is deemed unlawful.

If a police is wrong, there's no avenue of recourse for the victim.

Old Man Whirly!
I want the Monopoly on the production of security and defense to be demonopolized.

Competition allows for the consumers to dictate their level of security, instead of paying for it even if their don't need it (taxation for police).

Plus in most cases the police have impunity from criticism.

It's the difference between a citizen's arrest or a police arrest.
If the citizen is wrong in his analysis he may be tried for kidnapping if the arrest is deemed unlawful.

If a police is wrong, there's no avenue of recourse for the victim. durcry

Adam_PoE

He also wants to get rid of the state and replace it with the state.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

No, I want coercion replaced with voluntarism - like any sane person would.

Robtard

A bold strategy

ArtificialGlory
Robtard remembers as well.

Biden is all about funding the police so they're better trained, have health professional to deal with mental illness, etc, he's literally pushing for this as part of his agenda.

"President Joe Biden says defunding police is not the answer to stopping gun crimes and killings. He spoke in New York about recent attacks on police and gun violence." -snip
See, Brandon's not that stupid after all.

Blakemore
If Biden defunds the police, black people will get away with more crimes.

Then again, we might get away with shooting them more. hmm

Newjak
He also wants to get rid of the state and replace it with the state. Yup

Lord Lucien
Competition allows for the consumers to dictate their level of security, instead of paying for it even if their don't need it (taxation for police) Holy f*ck...

Can you imagine needing the police in an emergency and not having them because your small local municipality can't afford to pay for the high priced security forces? Or because contract renewal negotiations have stalled? Who takes over at that point? This shit is straight from the book of Crassus: send your private fire brigade to put out a house fire, but only after the owners have paid your colossal fee, or sold their home and land to you.

It's cute that you want to remove government and regulatory oversight from everything in exchange for "market forces" of capitalism, but you hate monopolies. Monopolies are the natural result of corporate powers unrestrained by government limitation. Remember Standard Oil and the Trusts? Why you believe privately owned monopolization of security into the hands of a few large regional companies won't happen is beyond me.

Not every f*cking industry needs to be privatized or run by corporate overlords. Stop sucking "the market's" dick, it doesn't care about you.

Robtard
You're dead on about the monopolies forming, big companies either pushing out or consuming the smaller until there's just potentially one selling their service at the price they dictate is fair to them.

I'd also wager that going with the 'lowest bidder' when it comes to police and fire services probably isn't a great idea when this 'free market paradise' forms. Because the lowest bidder would be the ones winning the contracts 9.9 out of 10 times.

ilikecomics
Lol

Grand-Moff-Gav
There isn't anything to be done, from here, regarding Biden or friends and their chicanery. The question is- why are we talking about it in this way in this place?

Robtard
Lol Proper retort, that.

I can count the amount of times on two hands (maybe one) that I've needed the police in my life. But I'd not want to be in a situation where I need the police and there's none to be had or I get two 19 year old kids with three weeks of training between them showing up because that's all "the community" decided was needed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
There isn't anything to be done, from here, regarding Biden or friends and their chicanery. The question is- why are we talking about it in this way in this place?

Wot?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Wot?

That's the question. What are we doing when posting on these boards, discussing these topics in the term and manner in which we do. What psychological itches are we trying to scratch? I take it as a given that no one actually believes quality informative debates/discussions about phenomena occur here, at least at the moment on these questions vis a vis American politics.

Robtard
Largely passing time and I'd say while there's very little learning/teaching going on, I've learned things I didn't know or had things corrected which were wrong, but thought were right.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Largely passing time and I'd say while there's very little learning/teaching going on, I've learned things I didn't know or had things corrected which were wrong, but thought were right.

Passing time, that seems plausible. I was reflecting on the comment you posted prior to the response to mine:

You did nothing wrong, of course. But surely one says- wait a minute, this remark was in response to 'lol'. Is engaging in that kind of discourse fruitful? Even if one finds a speck of gold for every ten tonnes of asbestos they have to dig through, is it worth it?

It seems to me that those of us who have been hanging around for a long time should have invested our time in a select set of threads built upon quality discussion combined with video conference discussions...

Robtard
Passing time, that seems plausible. I was reflecting on the comment you posted prior to the response to mine:

You did nothing wrong, of course. But surely one says- wait a minute, this remark was in response to 'lol'. Is engaging in that kind of discourse fruitful? Even if one finds a speck of gold for every ten tonnes of asbestos they have to dig through, is it worth it?

It seems to me that those of us who have been hanging around for a long time should have invested our time in a select set of threads built upon quality discussion combined with video conference discussions...

My point with that post to ilikecomics was to give a plausible real-life example and hope that he sees the errors of his thinking. Granted, I suspect that has maybe a 1% chance of working.

Not a terrible idea in regards to the threads. The video conference while good at face value, requires more time and effort that people might not be willing to do. Also video, while it can form a closer bond between the discussers (is that a word?), it doesn't leave a trail of the discussion, which can be detrimental to the nature of forms. eg I've seen similar happen with another forum with live chat, was easier to just call the other person a farty face in the live chat, then to type it out in a thread. Also the nature of the live chat not being permanent brought out the worst in the already worse people.

To my earlier point: I now hope you've gleaned something from me that you hadn't considered, as I have from you smile

Grand-Moff-Gav
My point with that post to ilikecomics was to give a plausible real-life example and hope that he sees the errors of his thinking. Granted, I suspect that has maybe a 1% chance of working.

Not a terrible idea in regards to the threads. The video conference while good at face value, requires more time and effort that people might not be willing to do. Also video, while it can form a closer bond between the discussers (is that a word?), it doesn't leave a trail of the discussion, which can be detrimental to the nature of forms. eg I've seen similar happen with another forum with live chat, was easier to just call the other person a farty face in the live chat, then to type it out in a thread. Also the nature of the chat not being permanent brought out the worst in the already worse people.

To my earlier point: I now hope you've gleaned something from me that you hadn't considered, as I have from you smile

The video chat was more a suggestion for the long timers, rather than the folks who turn up randomly and last a few days before vanishing/being replaced by a new joker.

Robtard
Fair point.

jaden_2.0

Seemd like more effort to achieve the same end result

Aka

Fůck all

Old Man Whirly!
This place is like a local pub. At some point I'm going to be in New York or California. I'd rather pick up a beer physically then if I'm honest. I like the nature of being able to procrastinate for dead and travel time and shit post.

ilikecomics
I said lol because they were telling me what I believe instead of asking.

For example, saying " he wants to replace the state with the state LOL !!!!"
it's not a genuine reflection of my beliefs.

I don't say "they want everyone in gulags ! They want to kill white people !!!!"
I ask, as any philosophically minded person would

Old Man Whirly!

I don't say "they want everyone in gulags ! They want to kill white people !!!!"
I ask, as any philosophically minded person would dur

ilikecomics
dur stick out tongue

Adam_PoE
You're dead on about the monopolies forming, big companies either pushing out or consuming the smaller until there's just potentially one selling their service at the price they dictate is fair to them.

I'd also wager that going with the 'lowest bidder' when it comes to police and fire services probably isn't a great idea when this 'free market paradise' forms. Because the lowest bidder would be the ones winning the contracts 9.9 out of 10 times.

https://y.yarn.co/158941d8-303c-41e2-b9e0-29094c03b9f2_text.gif

Adam_PoE

I ask, as any philosophically minded person would

It is, you just want to call it something else, like it makes a lick of a difference.

ilikecomics
It is, you just want to call it something else, like it makes a lick of a difference.

Is the relationship between jailer and prisoner different from the relationship one has with a friend ?

Old Man Whirly!
Is the relationship between jailer and prisoner different from the relationship one has with a friend ? dur

ilikecomics
dur

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adam_PoE
Is the relationship between jailer and prisoner different from the relationship one has with a friend ?

Is a group of people collectively governing themselves not a government, because you call it something different?

ilikecomics
Is a group of people collectively governing themselves not a government, because you call it something different?

That's the problem, no one should tell anyone what to do.
There should be negotiation.
You don't need the government if you make private property supreme and allow people to defend their property however they see fit.

Old Man Whirly!
You don't need the government if you make private property supreme and allow people to defend their property however they see fit. dur

ilikecomics
dur

Makes Sense you think people should tell people what to do. You spank you kids.
It's called having an authoritarian impulse.

Old Man Whirly!
Makes Sense you think people should tell people what to do. You spank you kids.
It's called having an authoritarian impulse. dur

Adam_PoE
You don't need the government if you make private property supreme and allow people to defend their property however they see fit.

What the **** do you think goverment is? It is people who agree to follow a set of collectively negotiated rules. You cannot be this stupid.

Moreover private property is not the same thing as personal property. It is almost like you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.

ilikecomics
What the **** do you think goverment is? It is people who agree to follow a set of collectively negotiated rules. You cannot be this stupid.

Moreover private property is not the same thing as personal property. It is almost like you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.

The government is a group of predators, similar to the mob.
I'm telling you I'm an anarchist, so I, at the very least, do not support the government. This means it's mob rule, dressed up in a sexy outfit.

Private property is your body and it's effects.

Newjak
I'm telling you I'm an anarchist, so I, at the very least, do not support the government. This means it's mob rule, dressed up in a sexy outfit.

Private property is your body and it's effects. I mean to be perfectly honest after hearing your opinions I think you are for government you just don't want to call what you want government even though it is.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Newjak
I mean to be perfectly honest after hearing your opinions I think you are for government you just don't want to call what you want government even though it is.

What is government ?

Newjak
What is government ? https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/government

there you go

Err77
What is government ? It is in fact a cuntery

Err77
Wow this site needs to work on it's censorship

ilikecomics
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/government

there you go

This is from the dictionary entry you just sent me, representing it as it's most common usage:

"the group of people who control and make decisions for a country, state, etc."

This is what I said based on that definition:

"That's the problem, no one should tell anyone what to do.
You don't need the government if you make private property supreme and allow people to defend their property however they see fit."

In my quote where I say no one should tell anyone what to do, I'm referencing the tiny predatory minority of people that control everyone else.

Not sure really sure where there's a disconnect for you.

Newjak
This is from the dictionary entry you just sent me, representing it as it's most common usage:

"the group of people who control and make decisions for a country, state, etc."

This is what I said based on that definition:

"That's the problem, no one should tell anyone what to do.
You don't need the government if you make private property supreme and allow people to defend their property however they see fit."

In my quote where I say no one should tell anyone what to do, I'm referencing the tiny predatory minority of people that control everyone else.

Not sure really sure where there's a disconnect for you. The fact you don't see how you're just putting into place a different governing body is beyond me lol

Adam_PoE

That is exactly what a society without government is.

Private property is your body and it's effects.

No, that is personal property. Private property is when infrastructure that is used collectively is possessed by the few. This is political/economy 101. That you do not understand this demonstrates that you are not prepared to have this conversation.

Adam_PoE
The fact you don't see how you're just putting into place a different governing body is beyond me lol

Yeah, it is ****ing stupid.

ilikecomics
That is exactly what a society without government is.

No, that is personal property. Private property is when infrastructure that is used collectively is possessed by the few. This is political/economy 101. That you do not understand this demonstrates that you are not prepared to have this conversation.

I'm aware. Anarchy good, theft and violence bad.

Private property is your body and it's effects, if you disagree you're saying you don't own your body.

Do you think someone else owns your body ? Never know with the bdsm freaks, maybe they think someone else does own their body.
Personally, I call that slavery.
Owning the effects of someone's body, without recompense is theft.

ilikecomics
Concerned that adampoe is pro slavery.

Blakemore
I'm aware. Anarchy good, theft and violence bad.

Private property is your body and it's effects, if you disagree you're saying you don't own your body.

Do you think someone else owns your body ? Never know with the bdsm freaks, maybe they think someone else does own their body.
Personally, I call that slavery.
Owning the effects of someone's body, without recompense is theft. You mean like if a woman has a zygote attached to, feeding from and growing inside her, it's her body and therefore her property?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Blakemore
You mean like if a woman has a zygote attached to, feeding from and growing inside her, it's her body and therefore her property?

Yeah, definitely. This is why I support the third rail position known as evictionism.

Adam_PoE
Concerned that adampoe is pro slavery.

I am concerned that you cannot safely cross the street by yourself.

ilikecomics
I am concerned that you cannot safely cross the street by yourself.

Your lack of knowledge on the basic tenets of private property shouldn't interfere with my ability to cross the street.

Thank you for your concern.

Do you own your body ?

Blakemore
Your lack of knowledge on the basic tenets of private property shouldn't interfere with my ability to cross the street.

Do you own your body ? You talk like Mr. Plinkett's impression of Palpatine. laughing out loud

Adam_PoE

Do you own your body ?

No, your stupidity is why you do not understand the difference between personal and private property, and why you do not understand why I am concerned that you cannot safely cross the street by yourself. Two situations with the same underlying cause.

ilikecomics
No, your stupidity is why you do not understand the difference between personal and private property, and why you do not understand why I am concerned that you cannot safely cross the street by yourself. Two situations with the same underlying cause.

Do you own your own body tho ?
Why are you dodging that question ?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Blakemore
You talk like Mr. Plinkett's impression of Palpatine. laughing out loud

Idk who mr.plinkett is.

Adam_PoE
Do you own your own body tho ?
Why are you dodging that question ?

I am not dodging the question, I am simply not entertaining it, because you only raised it as a deflection. You are trying to change the subject, because you do not understand the difference between personal and private property, and I am simply not allowing you to.

Robtard
He has issues with words, not what they entail. Keep things the same, just don't call the police the "police" and the government the "government", he'll happy. Very weird.

Blakemore
**** the "protection services."

Down with the "organisation in charge of the country's economy and society"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.