Joe Rogan, the mask slips ~durmask~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/feb/05/joe-rogan-apologises-for-using-n-word-and-racist-planet-of-the-apes-story?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story

Bashar Teg
shocking

Blakemore
Lol. He tries to say he wasn't comparing black people to apes, but come on. That's exactly what he was saying.

Can I still listen to "niggaz with attitude?"

Bashar Teg
maybe you could just not be a cvnt and call it nwa

Blakemore
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
maybe you could just not be a cvnt and call it nwa Can I sing along to their songs?

BackFire
How this guy ever became more than an opening act for any of the number of vastly more talented comedians out there, I'll never know.

Blakemore
Originally posted by BackFire
How this guy ever became more than an opening act for any of the number of vastly more talented comedians out there, I'll never know. he appeared on the documentary "the union" and got a big pot cult following. That's about it.

Deano
Controlled opposition.

Stringer

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Blakemore
Can I sing along to their songs?
You ought to get Rittenhoused if you do.

cdtm
Can I sing along to their songs?

By singing, do you mean talking to beats?

cdtm
Lost a lot of respect for Joe Rogan with this.

What a spineless coward.

Smasandian
How this guy ever became more than an opening act for any of the number of vastly more talented comedians out there, I'll never know.

Easy answer....he used those more talent comedians to create comedy gold on his show....aka Bill Burr.

The UFC angle also helps.

Adam_PoE

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/13/07/44159371-9681071-image-a-1_1623565004888.jpg

Lestov16
We finally have an explanation for this unaired episode of Fear Factor:
NqTpqIUWVrc

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/13/07/44159371-9681071-image-a-1_1623565004888.jpg
Joe Rogan may be cursed with manletism, but he could take on all of us KMC regulars at the same time.

cdtm

Because he's talented.

And he's a good man. An honest man.

Blakemore
Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro should join the manlet league or conspiracy theories.

Stringer
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You ought to get Rittenhoused if you do.

Ive wished that on xyz for years.

say it aint so

Stringer
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
shocking

TIA

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Joe Rogan may be cursed with manletism, but he could take on all of us KMC regulars at the same time.

Joe Rogan cannot take on the top shelf at the supermarket, let alone any real man.

Newjak
How this guy ever became more than an opening act for any of the number of vastly more talented comedians out there, I'll never know. I honestly think it's Fear Factor that got into the spot light. The UFC then kept him alive. Now he just serves the cult of Merica as a talking head.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Newjak
I honestly think it's Fear Factor that got into the spot light. The UFC then kept him alive. Now he just serves the cult of Merica as a talking head. yeah, the guy has gone completely ****tard.

BackFire
He's good at UFC commentary. Because he's dumb and gets excited easily so that worked well for him.

Never been impressed with anything else I've seen of him. His stand up is complete shit, his podcast is mediocre and way too long. Even before all this shit started with him, I never understood his popularity.

Newjak
He's good at UFC commentary. Because he's dumb and gets excited easily so that worked well for him.

Never been impressed with anything else I've seen of him. His stand up is complete shit, his podcast is mediocre and way too long. Even before all this shit started with him, I never understood his popularity. I think he is similar to Jay Leno in that regard.

Like I never found Leno funny but enough people buy into their BS they get shows and popular.

Adam_PoE

Never been impressed with anything else I've seen of him. His stand up is complete shit, his podcast is mediocre and way too long. Even before all this shit started with him, I never understood his popularity.

He is Gwyneth Paltrow for men.

ilikecomics
His podcast is cool for the fact that it was one of the first of it's kind to host such a diverse collection of minds.

Now all the bigger podcasts follow the Rogan formula.
So I would say he's important as a prototype, but outdated and boring compared to the new faces in the game - lex fridman would be an example of this.

jaden_2.0
I don't mind him tbh. Yeah he gets some utter bellends on his show but he gets a lot of interesting people as well. Ioan Grillo. The Mexican narco journalist was really good. Professor Brian Cox, Jocko Willink, Dorian Yates, Chuck Palahnuik, Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Loads of others who's names I didn't catch but had interesting stuff to say.

He does need to lay off the chimpanzee and elk meat stories though.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I don't mind him tbh. Yeah he gets some utter bellends on his show but he gets a lot of interesting people as well. Ioan Grillo. The Mexican narco journalist was really good. Professor Brian Cox, Jocko Willink, Dorian Yates, Chuck Palahnuik, Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Loads of others who's names I didn't catch but had interesting stuff to say.

I loved the palahnuik episode. His quote about how he felt after his mom died helped me work through my feelings towards my parents dying.

-Pr-

I feel the same. I tune in for the guests more than Rogan himself, and I think some of the stuff on there can be very interesting to listen to.

M-Theory3D
Originally posted by -Pr-
I feel the same. I tune in for the guests more than Rogan himself, and I think some of the stuff on there can be very interesting to listen to. boo!

Old Man Whirly!

Never been impressed with anything else I've seen of him. His stand up is complete shit, his podcast is mediocre and way too long. Even before all this shit started with him, I never understood his popularity. thumb up Agreed 100%Originally posted by Adam_PoE
He is Gwyneth Paltrow for men. laughing classic.

The biggest problem I have with him is his format gives no opportunity for the critical.

For Instance, Jordan Peterson needed to be asked why he struggles to understand basic evolution. But because Rogan is also retarded he doesn't understand Peterson is a ****ing dog whistling helmet head.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Agreed 100% laughing classic.

The biggest problem I have with him is his format gives no opportunity for the critical.

For Instance, Jordan Peterson needed to be asked why he struggles to understand basic evolution. But because Rogan is also retarded he doesn't understand Peterson is a ****ing dog whistling helmet head.

You don't think Peterson is just a run of the mill Christian, whose a little too into semiotics ?

jaden_2.0
thumb up Agreed 100% laughing classic.

Aye he doesn't have enough knowledge on subjects to challenge people with controversial opinions but then with the huge range of topics that he has expert guests covering i don't think there's a journalist on the planet who'd be briefed enough to really take all the different people to task on their beliefs. You only need to see what happened to Cathy Newman when she got absolutely slaughtered by Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro getting destroyed by Andrew Neil to see the difference between a journo being well briefed compared to one that isnt. A great example is Stephen Sackur on HARDtalk on the BBC. On rare occasion he'll have people from different sides of a debate on together so they can challenge each other.

At least he seems willing to learn about a broad range of stuff even if it's not exactly deeper than surface level understanding. It's more than you can say for most people. He genuinely seems like he wants to continually improve himself. His problem is wouldn't know if the person he has on is talking a load of bollocks. He also has a tendancy to get guests who are experts in one field to talk about stuff that they aren't experts in and take their opinions on those topics as equally weighted.

Old Man Whirly!
Aye he doesn't have enough knowledge on subjects to challenge people with controversial opinions but then with the huge range of topics that he has expert guests covering i don't think there's a journalist on the planet who'd be briefed enough to really take all the different people to task on their beliefs. You only need to see what happened to Cathy Newman when she got absolutely slaughtered by Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro getting destroyed by Andrew Neil to see the difference between a journo being well briefed compared to one that isnt. A great example is Stephen Sackur on HARDtalk on the BBC. On rare occasion he'll have people from different sides of a debate on together so they can challenge each other.

At least he seems willing to learn about a broad range of stuff even if it's not exactly deeper than surface level understanding. It's more than you can say for most people. He genuinely seems like he wants to continually improve himself. His problem is wouldn't know if the person he has on is talking a load of bollocks. He also has a tendancy to get guests who are experts in one field to talk about stuff that they aren't experts in and take their opinions on those topics as equally weighted. A lot of truth in this, but given how much he is making shouldn't he have access to decent researchers who provide him with basic key responses to arguments and opinions from his guests. He doesn't do that, to often he provides a soap box that tacitly endorses the unpleasant.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/podcaster-joe-rogan-gets-100-180940651.html

Rogan offered a hundred million by Trump affiliated right wing site "Rumble".

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.nickiswift.com/759680/the-rock-awkwardly-changes-tune-on-joe-rogan-over-resurfaced-tweets/

Tim Pool gaslights defends Rogan and attacks the Rock. That's a fight I'd like to see.

jaden_2.0
I'm not sure Tim Pool could beat the Rock tbh.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure Tim Pool could beat the Rock tbh. laughing out loud I'd pay money to watch him try.

Blakemore
They're acting like teenagers.

Old Man Whirly!
They're acting like teenagers. This is the false culture of Social Media Blake.

Blakemore
Boring old politicians don't get that satire is to make fun of them; I'd respect them more if they didn't partake.

ArtificialGlory

He had Bernie Sanders on, too. That was a cool episode.

Robtard
Rogan's a retard. Not surprising he's compared Black people to apes.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Rogan's a retard. Not surprising he's compared Black people to apes. thing is rightist loons, we had them on here. Claim Rogan not being able to say these things infringe his freedom of speech. I always find it interesting to see the lengths people will go to when it comes to defending the usage of racial slurs.

I'm 55 I've never felt like my rights were being impeded by just not saying something like the n-word there are plenty of other descriptive insults you can throw at a person that aren't racially motivated if you need them.

I just don't get that kind of argument.

Blakemore
thing is rightist loons, we had them on here. Claim Rogan not being able to say these things infringe his freedom of speech. I always find it interesting to see the lengths people will go to when it comes to defending the usage of racial slurs.

I'm 55 I've never felt like my rights were being impeded by just not saying something like the n-word there are plenty of other descriptive insults you can throw at a person that aren't racially motivated if you need them.

I just don't get that kind of argument. But an athlete's freedom of speech to take the knee, holy shit will they have a problem with that.

Old Man Whirly!
But an athlete's freedom of speech to take the knee, holy shit will they have a problem with that. This is very true.

Blakemore
Now Eminem took the knee in a dramatic Superbowl opening.

Hmm... how dare Eminem offend the superbowl? Eminem was a hack and #notmyartist? Or... what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.