Conspiracy nuts attack Starmer - Boris uses Trumps tactics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/07/police-rescue-keir-starmer-after-protesters-surround-him-near-parliament?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It's clear popularist politicians can use conspiracy nuts by subverting and replacing their reality.

Trigger ideas and phrase seem key for this.

Blakemore
Was this written by Owen Jones?

Old Man Whirly!
Nope

Blakemore
Okay. I just don't think Boris made the accusations with the assumption that protesters would bully Starmer. This is not America where media bias takes control and politicians can rally nutters.

Your title "Boris uses Trump tactics" is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
Okay. I just don't think Boris made the accusations with the assumption that protesters would bully Starmer. This is not America where media bias takes control and politicians can rally nutters.

Your title "Boris uses Trump tactics" is a bit of a stretch, imo. Much as I respect you mate. I think Deano is living proof that many UK citizens grasp on the main reality is tenuous. We've seen politicians of all stripes attacked in the UK for holding opininions that some people don't like. E.g. Jo Cox, call someone a paedo enabler and you only have to look at Yewtree to see how dangerous the bent reality might be for those accused.

The way the world is now, people have to be careful, especially politicians.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Much as I respectvyou mate. I think Deano is living proof that many UK citizens grasp on the main reality is tenuous. We've seen policies of all stripes attacked in the UK for holding opininions that some people don't like. E.g. Jo Cox, call someone a paedo enabler and you only have to look at Yewtree to see how dangerous the bent reality might be.

The way the world is now, people have to be careful, especially politicians. Fair point, maybe he was exploiting idiots to make a scene. If so, not a very good move considering how unpopular he is already. It's almost like he's grasping at straws now.

It reminds me of Nick Clegg in 2014 when he phoned Paddy Ashdown for advice that it might be better for the party if he resigns before the election and Ashdown said "I'm sorry, you don't have that privilege. You chose this decision to lead the party in government, it dies with you."

Same applies to Boris. The Tories are going to suffer the May elections and Boris will be shamed by all.

Old Man Whirly!
Fair point, maybe he was exploiting idiots to make a scene. If so, not a very good move considering how unpopular he is already. It's almost like he's grasping at straws now.

It reminds me of Nick Clegg in 2014 when he phoned Paddy Ashdown for advice that it might be better for the party if he resigns before the election and Ashdown said "I'm sorry, you don't have that privilege. You chose this decision to lead the party in government, it dies with you."

Same applies to Boris. The Tories are going to suffer the May elections and Boris will be shamed by all. Yeah, don't disagree with any of that at all.

Deano
Much as I respect you mate. I think Deano is living proof that many UK citizens grasp on the main reality is tenuous. We've seen politicians of all stripes attacked in the UK for holding opininions that some people don't like. E.g. Jo Cox, call someone a paedo enabler and you only have to look at Yewtree to see how dangerous the bent reality might be for those accused.

The way the world is now, people have to be careful, especially politicians.

The majority of UK citizens are dumbed down mask wearing signal virtuing paranoid little idiots who can't see above their TV screen and daily newspapers.

I know one thing though, I have enough grasp on reality to not take a dangerous experimental vaccine which has not had any long term data studies. It's the height of common sense really

Which one are you?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Deano
The majority of UK citizens are dumbed down mask wearing signal virtuing paranoid little idiots who can't see above their TV screen and daily newspapers.

I know one thing though, I have enough grasp on reality to not take a dangerous experimental vaccine which has not had any long term data studies. It's the height of common sense really

Which one are you? I take all my information from twitter and reddit. yes

samhain
Originally posted by Deano

Wow, so edgy, next you'll be ranting about skunkpussies and jism monkeys while imagining yourself as the leader of Project Mayhem.

Robtard
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/07/police-rescue-keir-starmer-after-protesters-surround-him-near-parliament?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It's clear popularist politicians can use conspiracy nuts by subverting and replacing their reality.

Does Boris have an army of cultist ready to do his bidding too? Seems like it.

Blakemore
Originally posted by samhain
Wow, so edgy, next you'll be ranting about skunkpussies and jism monkeys while imagining yourself as the leader of Project Mayhem. I thought they were called spunk monkeys.

samhain
I thought they were called spunk monkeys.

I was quoting the TV show Game On.

Blakemore
I was quoting the TV show Game On. Not seen it. srug

cdtm

So did he?

Funny how calling out politicians for defending a paedo is dirty Trump tactics, yet accusations of Islam-a-phobia/transphobia/racism/anti-Semitism ect are perfectly valid when the left does it.

Robtard
Starmer didn't, why Johnson's comment garnered outrage as being a dirty lie and tactic. Johnson later walked back the dirty tactic, but the damage had already been done as his acolytes had heard the call.

Your claims are once again just stupid lies, cdtm

samhain
Originally posted by cdtm
So did he?

Funny how calling out politicians for defending a paedo is dirty Trump tactics, yet accusations of Islam-a-phobia/transphobia/racism/anti-Semitism ect are perfectly valid when the left does it.

The problem is that Johnson either willingly lied to the public or he's too stupid to even check out such a claim before making it.

I'd go with the former given that advisors would likely have pointed out the falsehood to him.

Blakemore
The problem is that Johnson either willingly lied to the public or he's too stupid to even check out such a claim before making it.

I'd go with the former given that advisors would likely have pointed out the falsehood to him. I think the party is trying to get rid of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.