What were the definitive milestones of your teen years?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
And do you feel they shaped you as an adult?

What was your favourite music genre/song/band. Do you like it/them now? Do you feel it was providing you with an on point message or just pop culture fluff?

Were you a child of the 70's, 80's, 90's now you work with older and younger people, do you feel opinions change generationally?

Your personality as a youth, has it changed much now or are you basically the same person?

Are you a work in progress or happy with who you are, are you who you wanted to be when you were young?

Wonder Man
I think if you graph legitimacy you can accept the needle 🪡 in the haystack and make industry that profits activity.
Then all work reaches meaning.

Impediment

Blakemore
2005-2011

I'd have to say my later teen years I appreciated pop music a hell of a lot more than my early teens where I just liked nu metal. Having said that, I still hate a lot of pop music, but there are also some good songs that I appreciate.

I started university working at 18, and in terms of pop culture, politics or just people in general, I realised just how stupid and uncultured people are. Now I live in the north of England and went to university in the north of England, Yorkshire and Lancashire respectively.

You think Karl Pilkington is stupid? Almost everyone up here sounds, talks and acts like him. They're literally the most close minded, rude, ignorant twits in the world.

Tete3
Originally posted by Blakemore
2005-2011

I'd have to say my later teen years I appreciated pop music a hell of a lot more than my early teens where I just liked nu metal. Having said that, I still hate a lot of pop music, but there are also some good songs that I appreciate.

I started university working at 18, and in terms of pop culture, politics or just people in general, I realised just how stupid and uncultured people are. Now I live in the north of England and went to university in the north of England, Yorkshire and Lancashire respectively.

You think Karl Pilkington is stupid? Almost everyone up here sounds, talks and acts like him. They're literally the most close minded, rude, ignorant twits in the world. 6me9kQFyNIg

Smasandian
First time listening to Nirvana album Nevermind.

My dad bought it for me because I thought it was Weird Al in Grade 2......and my sister, who is much older was like "umm are you sure...."......I was like "yep"... Still thinking it was Weird Al.

First song...sound similar but when In Bloom started.. I realized I was wrong...but I ****ing loved it. Never put down that tape for years......

Tete3
Originally posted by Smasandian
First time listening to Nirvana album Nevermind.

My dad bought it for me because I thought it was Weird Al in Grade 2......and my sister, who is much older was like "umm are you sure...."......I was like "yep"... Still thinking it was Weird Al.

First song...sound similar but when In Bloom started.. I realized I was wrong...but I ****ing loved it. Never put down that tape for years...... 6me9kQFyNIg

Old Man Whirly!
For me, growing up I really liked thin lizzy, my favourite album in my early teens was Black Rose.

My grandad taking me to boxing and my dad taking me to play Rugby. My first long term girlfriend Julia in the early eighties then my first kid at 19 in 86.

Dunno about you guys, I struggle with today's society and values sometimes. I think we have lost how we deal with each other in the real world... I think politics and inequality from class to class and nation to nation is a shit show. All people should have a living wage and basic rights.

I like at my youngest kids and my grandkids. My oldest grand kid goes to secondary school next year and I wonder about where the world is going.

Wonder Man
A passage is select to comprise nature. Then evolution can redevelop heritage and move up the ladder 🪜.

Tete3
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For me, growing up I really liked thin lizzy, my favourite album in my early teens was Black Rose.

My grandad taking me to boxing and my dad taking me to play Rugby. My first long term girlfriend Julia in the early eighties then my first kid at 19 in 86.

Dunno about you guys, I struggle with today's society and values sometimes. I think we have lost how we deal with each other in the real world... I think politics and inequality from class to class and nation to nation is a shit show. All people should have a living wage and basic rights.

I like at my youngest kids and my grandkids. My oldest grand kid goes to secondary school next year and I wonder about where the world is going. 6me9kQFyNIg

Tete3

What was your favourite music genre/song/band. Do you like it/them now? Do you feel it was providing you with an on point message or just pop culture fluff?

Were you a child of the 70's, 80's, 90's now you work with older and younger people, do you feel opinions change generationally?

Your personality as a youth, has it changed much now or are you basically the same person?

Are you a work in progress or happy with who you are, are you who you wanted to be when you were young? dYKQMKmIulE

Blakemore
I mean, when I turned 15 there was a huge post-punk revival at the time which I loved, but it died only 5 years later and dubstep was pretty cool, but that suffered an even worse fate of commercial shite.

Now I just listen to the charts and it's usually only a few songs I like.

I think original music has died. Or rock at least. The 70s had metal, then punk came around, culminating with grunge. After the 90s, everything's gone to imitation or tech production... and guitars are about as popular as guitar hero.

Smasandian
I disagree a bit.....there is new rock out there but we don't see it in popular culture anymore because that doesn't really exist anymore.

Everybody could remember when the first saw Smells Like Teen Spirit on MTV....

Check out the rock genre list in Apple Music..there is some good stuff there. The idea of charts determine what music is nowadays is not a valid thing.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Smasandian
I disagree a bit.....there is new rock out there but we don't see it in popular culture anymore because that doesn't really exist anymore.

Everybody could remember when the first saw Smells Like Teen Spirit on MTV....

Check out the rock genre list in Apple Music..there is some good stuff there. The idea of charts determine what music is nowadays is not a valid thing. Maybe I will

StiltmanFTW

Are you a work in progress or happy with who you are, are you who you wanted to be when you were young?

You need to stop asking us those questions, Whirly laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You need to stop asking us those questions, Whirly laughing out loud shifty my files are incomplete.

Actually, I'm just interested. I started to realise long ago life os less a puzzle to be solved and more a set of challenges, pleasures and pains, to overcome, enjoy and endure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.