Electric Cars, poison and Cancer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/feb/19/we-are-afraid-erin-brockovich-pollutant-linked-to-global-electric-car-boom?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

A Guardian investigation into nickel mining and the electric vehicle industry has found evidence that a source of drinking water close to one of Indonesia’s largest nickel mines is contaminated with unsafe levels of hexavalent chromium (Cr6), the cancer-causing chemical more widely known for its role in the Erin Brockovich story and film.

The investigation also found evidence suggesting elevated levels of lung infections among people living close to the mine.

Recent years have seen a race between mining companies to gain control of the world’s largest nickel reserves in Indonesia.

Robtard
Need to regulate that shit, making sure the mining companies are spending the money on safety measures instead of not bothering to reap in that bit more in profits.

As the story notes, no ones really looking at nickel.

jaden_2.0
Nah the markets will decide, remember?

Just like people won't buy new phones/tablets/laptops/cameras/electric cars etc cos of kids dying in "artisanal" mines in the Congo extracting Cobalt for use in lithium ion batteries.

Robtard
Oh yes, the ever present equalizing hand of the FREE MARKET sweeping in to right all wrongs. My error.

COPPALAWLZs
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh yes, the ever present equalizing hand of the FREE MARKET sweeping in to right all wrongs. My error. EN6_AztGW1U

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.