Decode.exe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

k_j_r_d
What, may I ask, is DECODE.EXE used to decode. please, enlighten me, as i have done everything in the game except this

Sifer
It is used to Decode codes which can be found in various Matrix Reloaded products (Soundtrack etc) and in the Game Guide. These are sometimes hidden, so you have to look.

Contrary to some people's beliefs, these codes cannot be created or made up or encoded to make your own codes. They are ALL done by the developer and are part of the game.

Ushgarak
As far as I can tell they just turn coded hints about how hacking works in the strategy guide into recognisable text. Not much good.

DarkMage31
Yes, it is all of the above that makes me wonder about the NEO UNLOCKED decode. I know it doesn't do anything, but if DECODE.EXE is there to give "hints about how hacking works" (Ushgarak), then there must be a way to unlock him. Just some thoughts.
-DM31

Ushgarak
Why does that mean there MUST? It is only basic hacking hints the strategy guide gives, nothing to do with Neo.

The Omega

The Omega
Oh, and... Every number in the game, like on highway signs, are supposedly cheat-codes, too.

Sifer
These decode CODES that you see don't give you hints, they actually unlock things. So if you typed:

decode EABXMSXAMA7EUNGD

then it would unlock the Virtual Drive for you. Not give you a hint. These codes as I say unlock things, so if it says Neo Unlocked then he is in the game somewhere...just hidden smile

Nickydirtrider
its doesnt unlock them
u have to unlock the virtual drive by typing the code frozen fish then solving the puzzle.
Thats how you unlock the virtual drive.

Sifer
I know you can do it the proper way. But if you type in the above code then it unlocks it without you needing to do all that shit.

I know, because I have tested it.

Celsius
I've tried the neo unloked decode code, but it says "invalid code".

Mybe neo is only available on ps2 or something.

k_j_r_d
i think i have figured it out (i havent tried it but apparently in the guide there are coded words)
i dont believe it does actually gives you anything, i think it just decodes specific strings that are already in built in the game, and i aint seen any evidence of an 'encode' program.
probably just made up by someone.

i find it unusual that there is that neo.img, and my friend says his brother did some renaming and has been playing as trinity and wot not, but i still cant see such things being available on console.
ah well, we live in hope.

the funny things is there have been all these responses and the very next site after i posted this i went told me all that stuff 'The Omega' put on this board.

also, the thing abouot street names is wrong, i tried it with a couple (cumberland ave, for example, which is one of the first street signs on the highway level, Chase Morpheus i think it is called)

this post is TOO LONG

-- End Transmission

The Omega

k_j_r_d
i have finished it in easy as both and have made a lot of progress as ghost in normal.

if i find any conclusive evidence about playing as trinity, morpheus, neo, etc, i will make sure to post it.

its time like these u just wish the games manufacturers would put us out of our misery and tell us if such things exist. THE TORMENT!

Also, i have seen various codes for the taxi driving thing, as i sed i have finished it on easy both chars, is there a cheat to do taxi driving for gc?

-- End Transmission

agentskiller
it does makes sens tht as you play the game out on hard that you get something like morpeus or a grand new level...

DarkMage31
I agree. Because of the above I believe Neo is unlockable.
-DM31

Sifer
This sometimes happens. What you must do is go into the hacking, try the code, leave hacking but save. Then re-enter hacking and try the code again. It will work smile

sheena1on1
in order to use the decodes and cheat codes do you have to finish the game? is there a code that can open the whole game or unlock the game

Sifer
There isn't a code that will unlock the whole game but you can unlock all the hacking stuff early. Time doesnt have any relevance when it comes to the hacking mode.

The Omega

k_j_r_d
Spark's Training Construct. I have done the shooting range bit, and therefore unlocked the warehouse-like area. Then, as niobe (not ghost) i have unlocked the fighting area behind the electronicc double doors. I have attempted both fighting things (throwing ppl off and fighitng ppl) but nothing else has become available. Is that all thats in the construce, or is there more (on the ETM trailer there was a picture of niobe fighting one of the swat guys in the 'dojo', so i thought maybe that would be another)

Basically, how many things do ppl now about in the construct?

Celsius
thanks, ill try. big grin

Dan11
some1 should email one of the makers of the game and ask about the neo unlock thing

The Omega
Decode.exe: Use this to decode the codes given in the ''Real World'' aka the real pages, like enterthematrixgame.com, thematrix.com, etc

drtbker38
how do u get multiplayer? i put in the code but i have no clue where to go. someone please help me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.