Black-on-black violence at the Oscars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
Sad! https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/streaming-showdown-ceremony-shakeup-set-stage-oscar-sunday-2022-03-27/

Bashar Teg
chris rock crossed the line (by about a mile) and will smith overreacted. making it a black thing...edgy

not to justify smith's actions, but that was a perfectly executed bitchslap

Robtard
Smith is an unhinged idiot.

ares834
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
chris rock crossed the line (by about a mile)

Why? Because he made a bald joke? lmao

He roasted tons of people. That's the entire reason they hired him.

Anyway, Will Smith embarrassed himself in front of millions to defend his wife (from rather tame jokes) who publicly admitted to cheating on him and enjoying it.

Old Man Whirly!
Celebrities annoy me unless they are hot chick's under 30.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by ares834
Why? Because he made a bald joke? lmao

He roasted tons of people. That's the entire reason they hired him.

Anyway, Will Smith embarrassed himself in front of millions to defend his wife (from rather tame jokes) who publicly admitted to cheating on him and enjoying it.

Yeah, mocking someone's disease in front of millions is super cool and edgy. Chris rock is totally innocent and not a punkass bully AT ALL thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, mocking someone's disease in front of millions is super cool and edgy. Chris rock is totally innocent and not a punkass bully AT ALL thumb up Fair comment, but I expected better striking from the guy who played Ali.

Tbh, you don't insult a guys wife about a condition.

Robtard
She has Alopecia, not cancer, and it was a very mild joke. "Jada, I love ya. G.I. Jane 2, can't wait to see it."

Will Smith also laughed at first until he saw his wife getting angry, which she is allowed to be. But he shouldn't have reversed himself like that and slapped a comedian.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
She has Alopecia, not cancer, and it was a very mild joke. "Jada, I love ya. G.I. Jane 2, can't wait to see it."

Will Smith also laughed at first until he saw his wife getting angry, which she is allowed to be. But he shouldn't have reversed himself like that and slapped a comedian.

Pretty much, yeah.

Old Man Whirly!

Will Smith also laughed at first until he saw his wife getting angry, which she is allowed to be. But he shouldn't have reversed himself like that and slapped a comedian. Happy Wife, Happy Life.Originally posted by -Pr-
Pretty much, yeah. I don't disagree, but she does have a condition.

Bashar Teg
nah, it wasn't a harmless joke. Some of you need to put your bro-goggles down and see the situation for what it is. Famous sex symbol suddenly loses her hair, which no doubt is traumatic. Then said person scrapes up enough dignity and courage to go to the Oscars obviously bald. How low does a bully have to be to humiliate her over it, to her face, in front of the world. He didn't deserve a slap, he deserved a punch in the mouth

Robtard
She's lucky to be in a very small group of women who looks great with a shorn scalp. She's still sexy.

Even if that wasn't a thing for her, that joke was as mild as they come and Smith did laugh at first. I'm not attacking her for being mad, she's allowed to be. Smith is an idiot though for reacting that way after laughing.

Bashar Teg
She's lucky to be in a very small group of women who looks great with a shorn scalp. She's still sexy.

Even if that wasn't a thing for her, that joke was as mild as they come and Smith did laugh at first. I'm not attacking her for being mad, she's allowed to be. Smith is an idiot though for reacting that way after laughing.

It's a courtesy to laugh at every joke. That didn't make it okay. Also your appraisal of her good looks doesn't make it okay either. She can't be traumatized because she has a pretty face?

Impediment

Robtard
It's a courtesy to laugh at every joke. That didn't make it okay. Also your appraisal of her good looks doesn't make it okay either. She can't be traumatized because she has a pretty face?

If Will Smith was that upset from the start, he wouldn't have laughed at all.

Correct, why I said she's allowed to be upset, nothing against her here.

Will Smith is an idiot though.

Robtard

Bashar Teg

Reality: he courtesy laughed, looked at his wife, realized she was hurt, and reacted. Nobody was acting. Nobody was being deceptive.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/6Brd6Dh/FB-IMG-16484792009341902.jpg

jaden_2.0
What a load ae shite.

ares834
No chance. If it was scripted Rock would have had a witty comeback rather than just stood there in shock. It may have seemed scripted at first but when they cut the audio it seemed pretty clear this wasn't scripted. And if Smith was acting when he began shouting at Rock then he deserved every bit of that award.

Impediment

ares834
Will Smith isn't that talented.

jaden_2.0
The Smiths are a family of unhinged degenerates anyway. This behaviour seems par for the course.

Not that it's not amusing to see Chris Rock get a long deserved slapping. He's done nothing good since CB4.

Impediment
The memes are 24K gold.

Adam_PoE
nah, it wasn't a harmless joke. Some of you need to put your bro-goggles down and see the situation for what it is. Famous sex symbol suddenly loses her hair, which no doubt is traumatic. Then said person scrapes up enough dignity and courage to go to the Oscars obviously bald. How low does a bully have to be to humiliate her over it, to her face, in front of the world. He didn't deserve a slap, he deserved a punch in the mouth

She had been shaving her head for years before she was diagnosed with Alopecia, so that does not track. That is why so many people did not know she had Alopecia, because she has had a shaved head for ages.

Robtard
Smith's PR saying "he was defending all Black women" laughing out loud

Dude, just come out and say you overreacted and had an unhinged moment. Far more honorable.

Impediment
$20 says nothing would have happened if Dwayne Johnson made that joke.

Bashar Teg
He wouldn't say that, though

Impediment

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
She had been shaving her head for years before she was diagnosed with Alopecia, so that does not track. That is why so many people did not know she had Alopecia, because she has had a shaved head for ages.

She had a choice. this is hair loss

Impediment

StiltmanFTW

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Impediment
$20 says nothing would have happened if Dwayne Johnson made that joke.

Or Wanda Sykes.

ArtificialGlory
Cucks, when will they learn?

StyleTime
We're getting some solid memes out of it at least.

Jmanghan
In this case Smith was out of line, butttt... what we do here is on forums and we are protected by anonymity and the fact its the internet.

Cucked or not Smith decided to stick with her and stay her husband (Will cheated on her too IIRC), and frankly Rock made an insensitive remark about something she was already extremely sensitive about and had claimed beforehand she was sensitive about it in front of millions of people (thousands actually being present at the Oscars).

However, going up and slapping him in the face is stupid and he should have at least been pulled out of the show. What they both did was wrong, people acting like Chris wasn't out of line for that was ridiculous, but yeah Smith was ultimately in the wrong.

StiltmanFTW
He actually laughed the loudest at the joke, he should've slapped himself stick out tongue

Nuke Nixon
It was scripted. What does Hollywood do best, drama.

What entertainment do African-Americans enjoy, WorldStar & Beefs.

Did African-Americans even give a single fvck about the Oscars before this, no.

Are they all discussing it now, yes.

Would some white guy gone up and cracked Ricky Gervais for torching the entire industry with extremely personal insults, nope.

Is it probable a proud Black Man would go upside the head of another Black Man in defense of his wife, yes.

It was a work, a really bad WWE storyline.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jmanghan
In this case Smith was out of line, butttt... what we do here is on forums and we are protected by anonymity and the fact its the internet.

Cucked or not Smith decided to stick with her and stay her husband (Will cheated on her too IIRC), and frankly Rock made an insensitive remark about something she was already extremely sensitive about and had claimed beforehand she was sensitive about it in front of millions of people (thousands actually being present at the Oscars).

However, going up and slapping him in the face is stupid and he should have at least been pulled out of the show. What they both did was wrong, people acting like Chris wasn't out of line for that was ridiculous, but yeah Smith was ultimately in the wrong.

that's a sensible take thumb up

SamZED
I 100% suport that Chris Rock as a comedian should be able to joke about anythings he wants and not be persecuted for it. I also believe that a man reserves a right to slap someone who insults his wife. There's a controdiction there that I don't know how to resolve. A perfect world where every conflict between two parties is resolved with a formal complaint and apology doesn't exist.

Many people found a problem with it and I don't get it. People tend to react in stupid ways when they don't know how to deal with things. Especially agreeable people. I've apologized to a guy for bumping into me. Then 3 seconds later started wondering wtf did I apologize for.

In case of Will it's an ego thing. He's been called a pussy for over a year by everyone for not standing up to his wife. You know it f#cked with him all this time, hence the overreaction. Probably felt that people will now be calling him a b!tch for not defending his wife's honor. It's insecurity.

EDIT: lol at the title of the thread.

Darth Thor
Will Smith isn't that talented.

Oh he is.

But doesnt seem scripted, or he wouldnt have laughed at the joke first.

Darth Thor
Oh and racist thread title. Wtf.

I assume its a joke, which deserves another b**** slap.

Blakemore
This was scripted.

She wasn't really angry, she was faking it like all wives do.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh and racist thread title. Wtf.

I assume its a joke, which deserves another b**** slap.
You calling me a racist? That's gonna be a https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO6jdLTVUAgQTmP.jpg

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Blakemore
This was scripted.

She wasn't really angry, she was faking it like all wives do.

She gave him that look that all husbands know. The "execute order 66" look.

Bashar Teg
I respect those who draw an unconditional line, based on their principles. For example those who are against elevating verbal bullying to physical violence, even if I don't entirely agree. but everyone who is kissing Chris rock's ass and pretending he's been innocent in this beef... you're acting a bit like Trumpers, driven by nothing more than love/hate of celebrities.

samhain
I think both men were in the wrong, Smith more so than Rock. Rock made a joke about Jada's medical condition which he may or may not have been aware of and Smith overreacted because he's probably been going through a breakdown over the last year. Both men come across as fairly easy going and likable so I would hope they can find a way to bury the hatchet as this doesn't have to be a huge issue. Rock's next gig will be interesting and probably make him millions.

Blakemore
Chris Rock used his celebrity status to make a joke about someone's medical condition at the oscars in front of millions of people as if that's okay. Not only is that offensive to people with that condition, it's offensive to anyone who's had to suffer through one of no fault of their own. It's the same principle of him making an AIDS joke, but here he openly points out a celebrity (or wife of a celebrity) and draw attention to her personally...at the oscars in front of millions of people.

Will Smith is completely justified imo. He clearly does the fake laugh for the cameras as they're all told to do, but once he sees his wife is upset about how Rock took the piss out of her condition, he decided to do something about it. Was the ***** slap the right way to do it? It might have been Smith showing off or because of his personal problems but in the heat of the moment, there are much worse things he could've done and I think Rock got off easy there. Although, Smith could have verbally made a scene instead.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Happy Wife, Happy Life. I don't disagree, but she does have a condition.

I never said the joke wasn't in bad taste (and iirc, Rock didn't know she had the condition in the first place). Just that I agree with Rob that it wasn't nearly bad enough to warrant that kind of reaction from Smith (who I honestly believe was spurred on by her anyway).

samhain
It's funny that the closeted bigots who are demanding Smith have his Oscar rescinded, are the same people who have raged against cancel culture for the past 5 years.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
I also believe that a man reserves a right to slap someone who insults his wife.

Then maybe he should start with those who joke about their open marriage? mmm

-Pr-
Originally posted by samhain
It's funny that the closeted bigots who are demanding Smith have his Oscar rescinded, are the same people who have raged against cancel culture for the past 5 years.

I think it's silly that anyone thinks that they could take the Oscar off of him. I don't think it's relevant to what happened. His speech was ****ing stupid, though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think it's silly that anyone thinks that they could take the Oscar off of him. I don't think it's relevant to what happened. His speech was ****ing stupid, though.

Has something like that ever happened, anyway? Taking the Oscar away?

-Pr-

No idea. I do know Cosby had some awards taken off of him, but nothing so prestigious.

Old Man Whirly!
Actually an interesting debate, to be honest if my Mrs had a condition that was upsetting her and someone took the piss and clearly upset her further, I might well hit them too. Some misogyny is in this as far as some reactions, I also feel the usual suspects want to make it racial. Smith should not have hit the comedian, but I get why he did it.

samhain

Roman Polanski still has his I believe.

StiltmanFTW
if my Mrs had a condition that was upsetting her

Your Mrs would keep telling the world how she embraces it, is "friends" with her condition and post shitty Instagram videos about it? mmm

StiltmanFTW
If something genuinely upsets you, you don't use it to win some of your popularity back, act like an attention whore, get shitty "likes" and "reshares" and so on.

The way she talked about it, it seemed like she can take a thousand of much meaner jokes.

She certainly didn't have any problems with Regina Hall's jokes concerning her marriage.

Old Man Whirly!
It's funny that the closeted bigots who are demanding Smith have his Oscar rescinded, are the same people who have raged against cancel culture for the past 5 years. It's very funny, they are hardly closeted.

Old Man Whirly!
If something genuinely upsets you, you don't use it to win some of your popularity back, act like an attention whore, get shitty "likes" and "reshares" and so on.

The way she talked about it, it seemed like she can take a thousand of much meaner jokes.

She certainly didn't have any problems with Regina Hall's jokes concerning her marriage. I wouldn't know what people with intracranial and Facebook do Stilt. I don't use it.

Blakemore
Actually an interesting debate, to be honest if my Mrs had a condition that was upsetting her and someone took the piss and clearly upset her further, I might well hit them too. Some misogyny is in this as far as some reactions, I also feel the usual suspects want to make it racial. Smith should not have hit the comedian, but I get why he did it. There's no misogyny in this. You would stand up for the people you love.

Robtard

Which is just stupid as Smith acting like a fool has nothing to do with his acting job and winning.

Though I would understand if the Oscars does not invite him back, even if he's up for another award. Someone can accept it in his place.

Old Man Whirly!
There's no misogyny in this. You would stand up for the people you love. I think the reactions of many online are just an excuse go go off at a black woman.

Robtard
I think the reactions of many online are just an excuse go go off at a black woman.

That's definitely a thing. Jada is in the right to feel offended at the joke, it's stupid to attack her.

Will shouldn't have acted the way he did though. I get it, but it's still wrong.

Old Man Whirly!
That's definitely a thing. Jada is in the right to feel offended at the joke, it's stupid to attack her.

Will shouldn't have acted the way he did though. I get it, but it's still wrong. I don't disagree, it is what it is.

StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't know what people with intracranial and Facebook do Stilt. I don't use it.

Then you shouldn't be bothering yourself with celebrities at all.

The only thing real about them is their money.

And as Sin noted in the other thread, the whole thing is doing nothing but distracting people from serious matters.

Old Man Whirly!
Then you shouldn't be bothering yourself with celebrities at all.

The only thing real about them is their money.

And as Sin noted in the other thread, the whole thing is doing nothing but distracting people from serious matters. Bread and Circuses... I stopped caring about celebs long ago.

Robtard
Originally posted by Jmanghan

People calling her a "whore" and similar because she cheated on Will Smith are just expressing their hatred of women.

Will Smith cheated on her several time, they separated, while separated she had an affair with some singer.

I don't like Jada Smith, I think she's a meh actor and she comes off as unlikable whenever I hear her talk, but these attacks on her are stupid.

Darth Thor
They have an open marriage. Judge them all ya like on that, but its completely unrelated to what happened at the Oscars. Except maybe his insecurities about his manhood may have come to play, but we cant judge what was going on in his mind, only what he did.

Adam_PoE
There's no misogyny in this. You would stand up for the people you love.

Pinket is the aggreived party, not Smith. It was not his place to say or do anything. The notion that he needed to intercede on her behalf is sexism. She is not a damsel in distress, she is capable woman. If she had a problem with what Rock said, then she should have said or done something herself. It does not matter what Rock said, Smith is all the way wrong for taking offense for someone else, and assaulting someone. It is stupid, and makes him look emasculated and small.

Blakemore
Pinket is the aggreived party, not Smith. It was not his place to say or do anything. The notion that he needed to intercede on her behalf is sexism. She is not a damsel in distress, she is capable woman. If she had a problem with what Rock said, then she should have said or done something herself. It does not matter what Rock said, Smith is all the way wrong for taking offense for someone else, and assaulting someone. It is stupid, and makes him look emasculated and small. It's different; it's his wife; it's his family.

Adam_PoE
It's different; it's his wife; it's his family.

It is not different. She does not need protection from words.

Blakemore
It is not different. She does not need protection from words. Maybe she does.

ares834
I can't agree that defending a loved one or friend is inherently sexist simply because the person in question is a woman. That seems quite backwards to me. Oftentimes, the aggrieved party (regardless of gender) will be unable to defend themselves or appear pathetic if they do so.

Admittedly this was just ribbing rather than full on mean spirited bullying. Rock would have made this single joke about Jada before moving on to his next "victim" so there was little reason for Will to intercede at the time. Furthermore, nearly everyone would have forgotten about the joke within a minute or two of its delivery but now, because Will made such a big incident about it, every one knows about it even if they weren't watching the Oscars. In his attempt to defend his wife, he brought far more attention to it.

shiv
Actors on a stage.

Were they acting. Were they not acting. Was one of them acting a character.

Every one, Jada, Will, Chris, Every One there would have been aware every second they were there High Def Cameras were on them.

If they were at an event with no cameras or press would any of them have done any thing different (They Would). How much different?

Robtard
^This account has been posting on and off a long time, do wonder whose sock/alt it is. Definitely tends to have a strong Rigthwing lean when posting about politics and social issues.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/FVYd4cc/277599868-515177916685678-5250781759078456034-n.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TYNbH1C/277415955-526383695870907-5172777089916129393-n.jpg

Blakemore
That's a good apology.

Adam_PoE
Maybe she does.

Then she has bigger problems than hair loss.

Adam_PoE
I can't agree that defending a loved one or friend is inherently sexist simply because the person in question is a woman. That seems quite backwards to me. Oftentimes, the aggrieved party (regardless of gender) will be unable to defend themselves or appear pathetic if they do so.

Pinket is able to defend herself, so yes, it is sexist.

Adam_PoE
That's a good apology.

Of course it is, a publicist wrote it.

Darth Thor
Pinket is the aggreived party, not Smith. It was not his place to say or do anything. The notion that he needed to intercede on her behalf is sexism. She is not a damsel in distress, she is capable woman. If she had a problem with what Rock said, then she should have said or done something herself. It does not matter what Rock said, Smith is all the way wrong for taking offense for someone else, and assaulting someone. It is stupid, and makes him look emasculated and small.

Nah. Women love a man sticking up for them. Part of why theyre attracted to Bad Boys (no pun intended).

Im picturing If my wife had to stick up for herself whilst I just sat there laughing you can believe id be joining the divorce club within due course.

Blakemore
It depends on the woman. Some would just stand/sit there while others would stand up. If it were my woman, I'd instinctly stand up for her and what she does is up to her.

Robtard
I think people are missing the context of the situation, if it were some dude on the street calling Jada a "dirty bald c**t whore", I can see letting your emotions dictate actions, but this was an overall mild joke from a comedian doing a skit.

I've seen early 1990's Andrew Dice Clay standups where he said far worse to a woman in the audience and she was pissed and her husband was like WTF. But there were no punches thrown.

Blakemore
I think people are missing the context of the situation, if it were some dude on the street calling Jada a "dirty bald c**t whore", I can see letting your emotions dictate actions, but this was an overall mild joke from a comedian doing a skit.

I've seen early 1990's Andrew Dice Clay standups where he said far worse to a woman in the audience and she was pissed and her husband was like WTF. But there were no punches thrown. Well, Rob. You see, in the hood...

Old Man Whirly!
Pinket is able to defend herself, so yes, it is sexist. I can only imagine what people would say if a black woman stood up for herself Adam.

Darth Thor

I've seen early 1990's Andrew Dice Clay standups where he said far worse to a woman in the audience and she was pissed and her husband was like WTF. But there were no punches thrown.

Not missing context, just going off topic a bit.

Roasting is a part of comedy. Cant defend Smith.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/hDwzrQj/jada.png

https://i.ibb.co/R4dVnhB/519.jpg

Robtard
Not missing context, just going off topic a bit.

Roasting is a part of comedy. Cant defend Smith.

Fair enough

Adam_PoE
Nah. Women love a man sticking up for them. Part of why theyre attracted to Bad Boys (no pun intended).

Im picturing If my wife had to stick up for herself whilst I just sat there laughing you can believe id be joining the divorce club within due course.

Yeah, women love sexist gender roles.

Adam_PoE
It depends on the woman. Some would just stand/sit there while others would stand up. If it were my woman, I'd instinctly stand up for her and what she does is up to her.

Sounds reactionary and embarrassing.

Adam_PoE
I can only imagine what people would say if a black woman stood up for herself Adam.

If she stood up for herself, everyone would be piling on Rock right now for making jokes about the appearance of a woman. Instead, all of the attention is on Smith, because he had to be a toxic idiot.

samhain
Jada looked at Will like she'd just asked if him if he'd ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise. lol.

Adam_PoE
Jada looked at Will like she'd just asked if him if he'd ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise. lol.

If she cared about him, she would not have put him in this position, and handled her own business like an adult.

Blakemore
Jada looked at Will like she'd just asked if him if he'd ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise. lol. She looked at him thinking "why are you laughing you idiot?"

StiltmanFTW
She looked at him thinking "why are you laughing you idiot?"

https://i.ibb.co/1XMMFLh/ws.png

rudester
Smith just proved all black lives are violent. Chris just proved he can take a hard slap.

rudester
Guess Smith cant do comedy anywhere. In his movies or on a skit, he just can't do comedy.

rudester
If he truly cared about his wife he would have gone up to his wife first and said you are the most beautiful woman to me.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by rudester
Smith just proved all black lives are violent.

whoops. fix your mask

rudester
Smith would have looked better if he would have gone on stage and said, I'm wife is beautiful with or without hair; but she suffers from alocushia or some baldness shit

rudester
Hes probably going to get blacklisted by Hollywood.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by rudester
Smith just proved all black lives are violent. Chris just proved he can take a hard slap. ... Oh Dear.

rudester
Well it goes with saying he (Smith) is feeding to the stereo typical personification of colored men in general. /\

Bashar Teg
no, you are feeding into the stereotype.

Patient_Leech
I'm with Rob on this one. Either everything is okay for comedy or nothing is.

The joke is even complimentary, honestly. GI Jane is a badass and so is Jada. It's not even mean-spirited, so it makes no sense to be offended by it.

I think Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has the right take...

https://kareem.substack.com/p/will-smith-did-a-bad-bad-thing?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=direct

Also Bill Maher calling it Twitter mob personified (or something like that).

But man, yeah, the memes on this have been a godsend. It's a shame no one is talking about or will remember anything else from these Oscars, though.

Bashar Teg

Stringer

Darth Thor

Blakemore

Patient_Leech
Apparently Jada looked at him to say "if you don't do something, I'll cheat on you again."

So, the point of this is that toxic women are bad.

I thought they have an open marriage?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I thought they have an open marriage? No, she has an open marriage. Will Smith is the victim!

StiltmanFTW
Yes. They don't feel quite the same about it.

Explains why Jada was laughing out loud at Regina Hall's joke about their marriage and Will was embarrassed and unwilling to participate in her skit, lol.

Guess she should consider herself lucky he didn't slap her?

Blakemore
I was just being sarcastic. I don't know their situation.

StiltmanFTW
Well, you hit the jackpot this time.

rudester
I'm with Rob on this one. Either everything is okay for comedy or nothing is.

The joke is even complimentary, honestly. GI Jane is a badass and so is Jada. It's not even mean-spirited, so it makes no sense to be offended by it.

I think Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has the right take...

https://kareem.substack.com/p/will-smith-did-a-bad-bad-thing?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=direct

Also Bill Maher calling it Twitter mob personified (or something like that).

But man, yeah, the memes on this have been a godsend. It's a shame no one is talking about or will remember anything else from these Oscars, though.

The fact that Chris Rock said, love you jda after his joke shows he was kidding.

Blakemore
J7u9_z7ZSnk ermm

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

Jmanghan
I was just being sarcastic. I don't know their situation. Will has cheated on her first.

ares834
I thought they have an open marriage?

They do. Will just wasn't aware of it until the rest of us were.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/034/582/will-1.jpg

ares834
Apparently Jada looked at him to say "if you don't do something, I'll cheat on you again."

So, the point of this is that toxic women are bad.

Incorrect. What she actually said was "My boyfriend wouldn't allow other men to talk about me like that."

Robtard
The people behind the Oscars is saying Will Smith was asked to leave after the slap, but refused.

Do they not have security anymore? I'm sure a few guards could have managed to escort Smith out. Complete bullshit excuse on their part.

Old Man Whirly!
The people behind the Oscars is saying Will Smith was asked to leave after the slap, but refused.

Do they not have security anymore? I'm sure a few guards could have managed to escort Smith out. Complete bullshit excuse on their part. Nah, Will throws Whales around for fun. Anyway this nothing story bores me tbh.

Darth Thor
Incorrect. What she actually said was "My boyfriend wouldn't allow other men to talk about me like that."

laughing out loud

Robtard
Nah, Will throws Whales around for fun. Anyway this nothing story bores me tbh.

Memes are the only good that came out of it.

https://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/batman-slapping-robin-vs-netflix-adaptation-will-smith-slapping-chris-rock-oscars.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Memes are quite exquisite, yes.

Robtard
https://i.imgur.com/LobROnN.jpg

Patient_Leech
^ laughing out loud

The memes have been truly glorious.

jaden_2.0

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/ygXtqbf/FB-IMG-16486413662361218.jpg

jaden_2.0

Patient_Leech
^ thumb up

Stringer
haermm

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Stringer
haermm
ROFL, that's rough.

Darth Thor
Smith has resigned from the Academy.

Originally posted by Eon Blue
George Soros orchestrated the actions of Chris Rock and Will Smith, for they are but puppets in the bigger scheme. Donald Trump and Joe Biden each had a hand in both prospects, like butt babies.

Trump would be the Will Smith in that scenario, given hes a big baby.

StiltmanFTW
Smith has resigned from the Academy.

Yes.

But that doesn't mean it's over:

The Academy says its disciplinary proceedings will continue, which leaves open the possibility that he could be stripped of the Oscar he won on Sunday - although that seems unlikely - or he could be denied future appearance at Academy Awards ceremonies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60963054

Blakemore
Will Smith: https://youtu.be/dAvwnBQaGtk

Darth Thor
Yes.

But that doesn't mean it's over:

The Academy says its disciplinary proceedings will continue, which leaves open the possibility that he could be stripped of the Oscar he won on Sunday - although that seems unlikely - or he could be denied future appearance at Academy Awards ceremonies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60963054

He most likely will get a suspension from attending for a few years.

StiltmanFTW
Will Smith: dAvwnBQaGtk

Fixed.

Blakemore
Rumour has it Smith and Rock have had a feud for a long time since The Fresh Prince days as Smith has always been the more successful being in films, TV and music whereas Rock only gets voice over and stand up.

This would explain "you keep my ****ing wife out of this" as it's between them and not his wife. I guess Smith wouldn't have had a problem if Rock attacked him, but attacking his wife with her medical condition is a bit much.

Still, he assaulted someone on live television. erm

Smasandian
99% sure that Chris Rock joke was written by somebody else. Award shows usually do that...aside from maybe a bit or two from the hosts. A presenter usually doesn't write them.

That being said, it seems Chris Rock didn't even know Jada Pinkett Smith had a medical condition. And who ****ing cares, I'm always in the opinion that a celebrity is not afforded the same decency that regular people get....assuming that celebrity keeps themselves in the spotlight.

For example, there is actors/actresses who keep to themselves and don't go onto TV shows and showcase their lives....then yeah, it's probably not a good thing to make fun of somebody like that.

But the Smith's, **** them. This is what you get.

But in reality, she has a medical condition but nobody gets up in arms when people make fun of bald guys, small dicks, being overwieght, being under weight.

StiltmanFTW
Alopecia is not some terminal disease and Jada talked about it 24/7, she was in the full attention whore about it, going as far as to say she's friends with it and doesn't give a f*ck on what anyone thinks about her bald head.

Bashar Teg
Because who ever says positive shit to cope with a condition. If she hated having to be bald, she should have said so, or it's her own fault for being singled out and mocked over it. Am I following your reasoning correctly?

Smasandian
This is the same person who publicly on TV said that she was ****ing her son's friend. They seek fame and that comes with a price. Being made fun of at the Oscars for one.

Nobody bats an eye when other celebrities get made fun of....Ricky Gervais has been going at them 4-5 times at the Globes.

The joke was bad and not funny....but if you want to be in the limelight, this is what happens. I assume Will Smith and co. were running around like nuts for the last 2-3 months jerking off Acedemy voters trying to get that statue.

Blakemore
I don't think anyone's defending the joke.

StiltmanFTW

Wrong!

Will Smith is laughing out loud

J7u9_z7ZSnk ermm

Blakemore
It's a joke!

Patient_Leech

There was nothing even remotely mean-spirited about the joke. It was even complimentary to be compared to such an awesome icon.

This is a pretty interesting take, some Freudian psychoanalysis on Will Smith and some of his upbringing...

_UCMw5uXZCM

StiltmanFTW
Has there been any statement from Rock?

Or he's still "processing what happened"?

Blakemore
Originally posted by Smasandian
Ricky Gervais has been going at them 4-5 times at the Globes.
Gervais said he would have joked about her boyfriend, not her hair.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/ricky-gervais-jada-will-smith-oscar-joke-b2048746.html

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>