Yoda vs Darth Sidious (see details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. Light sabers only both at their peak and best who takes this?
Also was not sure did Yoda disarm and over power Sids in ROTS in sabers ? Did a recent disney canon novel/cartoon/ comic mention that Sids has the power to disarm yoda and defeat him in sabers etc?

Total Warrior
Could go either way but probably Yoda is slightly better

Darth Thor
Sabers only probably give it to Yoda. Just due to the script and Junior novel, which the movie doesnt contradict.

ozz81

Forschbewithu
What does the junior novel say about it?

ozz81
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
What does the junior novel say about it?

I remember Galan posted it up once in one thread ,i remember it stated something along the lines of Sids being more superior then yoda in sabers and could disarm him etc..

Darth Thor
No, ROTS script and junior novel have Yoda disarming Sidious. Which is consistent with the film because we dont know what happens to Palpatines saber in the film. One scene hes using it, the next its gone.

That said I keep forgetting Sidious carries 2 Sabers as standard. So not sure if that would make a difference had he not lost one to Mace earlier.

Eli Vanto
Could go either way depending on the environment.

relentless1
this is an environment match for sure, Sidious was in a small space tailored for Yoda when they fought and he got backed off because of it; say it was the Geonosian Arena or the Throne Room it'd be a different outcome.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sabers only probably give it to Yoda. Just due to the script and Junior novel, which the movie doesnt contradict. Wouldn't it be hard for a movie to contradict the script?

generalp123
Yoda probably wins in sabers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.