Star Trek the Motion Picture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
For the first time in nearly 30 years I watched this. It was the Director's Cut. This isn't the best Trek nor is it the worst either. Seeing them again still gets me giddy. Fave Trek filM though is Wrath of KHAN

Kazenji
Does the director's cut make the first film any better?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
For the first time in nearly 30 years I watched this. It was the Director's Cut. This isn't the best Trek nor is it the worst either. Seeing them again still gets me giddy. Fave Trek filM though is Wrath of KHAN it's better than people like to pretend. Khan is far better thumb upOriginally posted by Kazenji
Does the director's cut make the first film any better? it has goos ideas, they are just poorly executed. Visually it is a beautiful film.

riv6672

Impediment
Wrath of Khan is great, but my favorite is IV: The Voyage Home because it was my very first Star Trek experience. I was six years old in 1986 and my dad took me to the cinema with him because he was and still is a rabid Trekkie.

-Pr-
TMP is a very underrated movie, imo. And I'm glad it's getting a rerelease. I just want to see what the new version is like.

riv6672

Robtard
Had no idea a director's cut of ST:TMP was released, will definitely be watching this thumb up

IMO, of the original Trek movies from best to worst:

The Wrath of Khan (1982)
The Voyage Home (1986)
The Motion Picture (1979)
The Search for Spock (1984)
The Undiscovered Country (1991)
The Final Frontier (1989)

Mentioned before, a few years back was lucky enough to see a screening of WoK and then Shatner came out on stage to tell his stories and do a Q&A. He's an egomaniac, but also a very funny man.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Does the director's cut make the first film any better?

it makes it a wee better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.