The Raid: Redemption

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Over the years I've heard people especially on here to say good things about this film.. They were right. Great martial arts action. Generic plot,, that was the only thing that didn't interest me.

Robtard
It's a great action movie, Iko Uwais is likely the best film martial arts guy working right now.

Check out the sequel 'The Raid 2' when you have time, not as good, but still good.

Netflix is making an American version, Michael Bay is producing.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
It's a great action movie, Iko Uwais is likely the best film martial arts guy working right now.

Check out the sequel 'The Raid 2' when you have time, not as good, but still good.

Netflix is making an American version, Michael Bay is producing.

thanks rob, i will

bay will prolly f6ck it up though

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thanks rob, i will

bay will prolly f6ck it up though

It'll probably have asteroids and talking alien robot cars. And lots of explosions.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It'll probably have asteroids and talking alien robot cars. And lots of explosions.

i have no doubt about it

robertopupka
Not bad 8/10

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard

Netflix is making an American version, Michael Bay is producing. Yeah, he is spectacular in the first raid film. Gareth Evans is a quality Director too. I would like to see more realistic ground fighting techniques, but the splat and ghe muay thai are lovely. He opens his hand to deliver elbows, that's how all but soear elbows should be used because it exposes more sharp bone and that means, "it will cut".

https://i.imgur.com/xqKICqX.jpeg

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, he is spectacular in the first raid film. Gareth Evans is a quality Director too. I would like to see more realistic ground fighting techniques, but the splat and ghe muay thai are lovely. He opens his hand to deliver elbows, that's how all but soear elbows should be used because it exposes more sharp bone and that means, "it will cut".

https://i.imgur.com/xqKICqX.jpeg

It's not muay thai. It's silat

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's not muay thai. It's silat Some of it is splat, a lot of it is Muay Thai. Splat in my previous post was meant to read Silat but I didn't proof read. The Silat trapping and some rolling fists etc are solid silat. Whilst knees and elbows are used in silat, things like the plum aren't really and the plum is used loads in this film. Silat knife stuff is used to be honest it's Silat film fu! And soer should read spear.

The funniest silat technique I've ever seen is a walking stick knife defence...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.