Tyson Fury - Greatest of all time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
For 14 years he has beaten every man put in front of him. Unbeaten, he bows out, getting better as he got older

I think his reach advantage and skill combined mean he is the GOAT. His chin is also monumental.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For 14 years he has beaten every man put in front of him. Unbeaten, he bows out, getting better as he got older

I think his reach advantage and skill combined mean he is the GOAT. His chin is also monumental.

I hope he can actually enjoy his retirement, health wise! He's earned it.

Read the man had bone spurs removed just before Wilder 3. Actually went in hurt, with shots in both forearms.

jaden_2.0
Shame he never got to skelp Joshua. And I'd also like to have seen him fight Usyk. Don't think he's the GOAT though. He's the best in what's been a pretty poor couple of decades for the heavyweight division. (Although its better noe than when the Klitchkos dominated)I think a huge part of which has been much less doping nowadays though. Previous era heavyweights were steroided up to the gills. Far more difficult to get away with that these days. Even some juiced up middleweights would've given him a run. Look at the Hagler Hearns fight and tell me their mental ferocity and speed wouldn't have been tough for Fury to handle.

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few.

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Shame he never got to skelp Joshua. And I'd also like to have seen him fight Usyk. Don't think he's the GOAT though. He's the best in what's been a pretty poor couple of decades for the heavyweight division. (Although its better noe than when the Klitchkos dominated)I think a huge part of which has been much less doping nowadays though. Previous era heavyweights were steroided up to the gills. Far more difficult to get away with that these days. Even some juiced up middleweights would've given him a run. Look at the Hagler Hearns fight and tell me their mental ferocity and speed wouldn't have been tough for Fury to handle.

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few.

Do you think Ali juiced?

jaden_2.0
Possibly. Elite sports started to get rife with it in the early 60s. His physique is attainable naturally though so maybe not.

Old Man Whirly!
Possibly. Elite sports started to get rife with it in the early 60s. His physique is attainable naturally though so maybe not. fury got banned for one of my fave old school roids, Nandralone, JadenOriginally posted by jaden_2.0

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few. Personally I think Wilder hits as hard as anyone ever. Fury overcame him punching power isn't an issue. He has an amazing engine for a giant, as well as skills no man that size has ever been seen to have. He is as much taller than Lewis as Lewis is taller than me. And he is 9-10 inches taller than Tyson. I think he has the tools to beat them all getting up out of the chair is lifting more than gym rats. White is a beast of a man and he treated him like a child in the clinch almost. And yeah, Joshua is a prick, Fury doing him would have been great. Let's hope it happens.

Old Man Whirly!
Fury Vs Usyk should cement this.

StyleTime
Yeah, a win over Usyk definitely cements his place in the GOAT discussion. He's a tall dude with great movement and skilled hands. He also recovered from a Wilder KO punch, while still retaining the mental toughness to keep fighting. Even KO'd Wilder in the rematch with a new strategy, showing his versatility.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, a win over Usyk definitely cements his place in the GOAT discussion. He's a tall dude with great movement and skilled hands. He also recovered from a Wilder KO punch, while still retaining the mental toughness to keep fighting. Even KO'd Wilder in the rematch with a new strategy, showing his versatility. he stopped him in the decider too. They both hit the canvas in that one if you recall. Best "trilogy" in a long time. But really despite the draw, Wilder 0 : 3 Fury.

Old Man Whirly!
Double post.

Old Man Whirly!

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few. he hopefully will fight AJ.

cdtm
The sportsmanship snub pisses me off. Wilder's a great fighter in his own right, bur he rotten attitude tarnished what should have been a proud moment.

Joe Fraiser lost to Ali how many times? And he was a class act about it, and no one thinks less of him for the losses because of who he fought.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
The sportsmanship snub pisses me off. Wilder's a great fighter in his own right, bur he rotten attitude tarnished what should have been a proud moment.

Joe Fraiser lost to Ali how many times? And he was a class act about it, and no one thinks less of him for the losses because of who he fought. thumb up For once CD, I agree with you.

Old Man Whirly!
AJ bottled in... so sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.