Ryu vs. Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dvampire
Over the years Ryu have faced some super villains that'll give Goku some trouble. Now before anyone start to saying ridiculous things like raditz saga Goku could beat Ryu, I would like to point out some things. Street fighter has characters like Seth who got beaten by Ryu back in super street fight 4 I think. Seth is a very powerful being that is made out of silver with super speed and strength and can fly and teleport. This is a notable feat for Ryu, because the metal silver is very hard, not only that, Seth is a super powered being with a body made out of silver.

This would mean Ryu is hitting with a lot of force of power to hurt him in his base state. I don't think Ryu used power of nothingness to defeat Seth, because at the end of super street fighter 4, the dark hado was consuming him and he needed to release some of that power to to keep his sanity. So I think it was all normal Ryu who beat Seth. I don't know how strong the second version of Seth is, but I still assume that he's below Gill in power.

Another reason I think that Ryu could beat Goku is because of Gill and G. Gill summons metero's to destroy it's target casually. If we go by facts, a small meteorite is as hot as 6,000 degree fahrenheit. Goku them never shot anything remotely close to being that hot, so I think Ryu stands a good chance of taking those ki blasts. G on the other hand have the power of magma, a power that could very well mean that he's as hot as the core of the earth.

One of his famous quotes is saying 'power of the Earth' he may be extremely hot, he has to be, I think he have to beat the temperatures of those meteorites gill summons. Who's more powerful between gill and G? I don't know, but cannonically, I think that Capcom is hinting that some street fighter characters can take a meteorite gill summons. I also think that Ryu is very strong, the reason why is because of Abigail. Abigail creates shockwaves with his punches, and going by the timeline, he came after ryu's fight with Seth, so he's pretty strong.

Abigail also have to be very fast because in one of his special moves is him hitting his opponent at superspeed, and adding the fact that he loves cars, I'm just going to go on a hunch and say that he can move as fast as most moving vehicle's. I'm not sure though. Then we have urine with his iron body. The melting point of iron is around 2,000 some degrees, meaning that Ryu and Ken hadoken's have to be hotter in order for urien to even notice it.

How hard do you think G's body is? It's clearly not some normal metal of gold, but a lot tougher.

Anyways, I think that Ryu can beat Goku now, base off of facts I've seen in dbs and street fighter 5.

juggerman
Which SF character can destroy a planet as easily as you'd drop a deuce?

RcGtUEHzk9s

Goku dwarfs that Frieza in power well before even going Super Saiyan.

dvampire
Vegeta died from a planetary explosion, and through out the entire series they get battered up by punches and kicks. You don't need to destroy the planet to fight with them, plus the planet is a giant rock that could be destroyed easy, it's not like a harder substance as metal, which they struggle to destroy by fighting a machine like megaton. I say Goku would have to fight up close, and going by the what we know of street fighter super villains, Ryu if he chooses to use his hadoken, could possibly melt Goku out of existence. Let's bring heat, because concussive won't work on DB side, it's not enough.

NotAllThatEvil2
Originally posted by dvampire
Vegeta died from a planetary explosion, and through out the entire series they get battered up by punches and kicks. You don't need to destroy the planet to fight with them, plus the planet is a giant rock that could be destroyed easy, it's not like a harder substance as metal, which they struggle to destroy by fighting a machine like megaton. I say Goku would have to fight up close, and going by the what we know of street fighter super villains, Ryu if he chooses to use his hadoken, could possibly melt Goku out of existence. Let's bring heat, because concussive won't work on DB side, it's not enough.

When has frieza been killed by a planet exploding? He shrugged off both namek and vegeta blowing up on him, and having an issue destroying metal? Goku and his ilk were tearing up the ToP arena, which was made out of the strongest material in the multiverse?

dvampire
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil2
When has frieza been killed by a planet exploding? He shrugged off both namek and vegeta blowing up on him, and having an issue destroying metal? Goku and his ilk were tearing up the ToP arena, which was made out of the strongest material in the multiverse?

I said Vegeta, he died, freeza must have flown off the planet, it's the only way you can explain it. I said the planet is a giant rock, so causing it to self-destruct means it destroy the rest of the hard materials on its own. I don't believe that Vegeta was strong enough to hurt megaton and in manga chapter 81 where Goku was forced to avoid being stabbed by metal nails, wouldn't it be better to just have used an energy blast to destroy them? He probably couldn't do it. And granola also being shot from point blank range by a gun, means they are far from needing planetary force to hurt them. Their durability isn't that high or like you claim.

StiltmanFTW
I think you're perfectly aware of how terrible of a mismatch it is.

Street Fighter characters really can't compare - most of them are barely meta level - and discussing the high-end showings of the most powerful incarnations of a handful of them, powered up way beyond their standard, is not exactly a good strategy to make them look badass.

In case you really want to debate SF characters (and not just troll the DB fanbase), then start with putting them against some Naruto characters from the first seasons.

juggerman

Those punches and kicks are well beyond what the SF cast can do. Honestly ask yourself if Ryu could survive a planetary explosion. Hell the punches and kicks these guy take shake the planets they fight on. It's not even close.

NemeBro

Abigail also have to be very fast because in one of his special moves is him hitting his opponent at superspeed, and adding the fact that he loves cars, I'm just going to go on a hunch and say that he can move as fast as most moving vehicle's. laughing out loud

Goku one-shots though.

dvampire
How you figure?

StiltmanFTW
If you want SF guys to get murdered, put them against Mortal Kombat or Tekken characters, so they'll at least give us a show before dying.

dvampire
I think Ryu would beat the entire cast of mortal Kombat. I mean Sonya blade can hold her own against the cast and she ended up getting buried in debris before dying from a small explosion. Ryu would kill them. As for Tekken, I believe that street fighter have the greater boss villains. I don't see heihachi lasting too long against m.bison or necalli.

NemeBro
I think Ryu would beat the entire cast of mortal Kombat. This part is mostly true. thumb up

Ridley_Prime
B-but Death Battle!

Shao Kahn would probably wreck Vegeta at his current strongest according to their "research". At least I'm convinced of that after what we got from Kahn vs Akuma.

Just in case anyone still takes Death Battle seriously. wink

StiltmanFTW
Even Virtua Fighter would sodomize Street Fighter.

SSJGGogeta
This is why no one takes this forum seriously. Thanks, for that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
This is why no one takes this forum seriously. Thanks, for that.

To be fair now, Street Fighter online fans have always been extremely delusional.

Estacado
Ryu.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair now, Street Fighter online fans have always been extremely delusional.

Clearly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Markness

Markness

Markness

Markness
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Even Virtua Fighter would sodomize Street Fighter.

So would Guilty Gear.

Markness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.