Batman vs Luke Cage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
1. H2H
2. Bruce gets his weapons

Who wins?

DarkSaint85
Bruce wins in both, without weapons.

Alex_Ferrana
The only Batman's chance in h2h without his gear is pressure poits, which technically worked on Luke, but... Looks like he withstood it.

DarkSaint85
"Technically", i.e. it worked.

StiltmanFTW
Worked well enough to put him on his ass, yes, but that's not the same as scoring an actual knockout.

It's important, because that wasn't the only time Cage has showed *some* resistance to such attacks... unlike some Class 100 powerhouses such as Thor or Grundy.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Bruce wins in both, without weapons.

What has you give Batman the first? Just pressure points or that's just part of it?

BruceSkywalker
luke becomes bruce's new biatch

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Worked well enough to put him on his ass, yes, but that's not the same as scoring an actual knockout.

It's important, because that wasn't the only time Cage has showed *some* resistance to such attacks... unlike some Class 100 powerhouses such as Thor or Grundy.

He made Luke completely freeze up, iirc. With his first nerve strike.
Originally posted by Delta1938
What has you give Batman the first? Just pressure points or that's just part of it?

Yup. Maybe throw some esoteric skills in there if one wants, though that might stretch the definition of h2h (hypnosis or somesuch). Verrry unlikely to work on its own, though. Just throwing it in there.

DarkSaint85
Here's the scan. Where Luke has that weird pose, and asks what he's doing.

https://i.imgur.com/P7jwt8u_d.webp

StiltmanFTW
Yes.

And here's the full scene in context - it wasn't a fight, just a misunderstanding between the two; there was a third party involved:

https://imgur.com/gallery/11mNG

And now some actual fight; pre-upgrade Luke getting hurt by the nerve strikes, only to recover in moments and restrain the villainess:

1. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286234-presure_points_on_cage.jpg
2. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286236-presure_points_on_cage_2.jpg
3. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286238-presure_points_on_cage_3.jpg

It's entirely possible that Luke may be legit KO'd this way - but it's not as easy as the contextless scene suggests.

DarkSaint85
But the full album (that we took from the same source) doesn't contradict what I said.

The first nerve strike he used, Luke looks paralysed. We even know it affected him, as he is in shock and asks what BP did.

Did Luke recover and do anything after that BP scene? Note, too, that in the second scene you posted, Luke didn't want to undergo the pressure point attacks again.

Not to mention, Batman has better and more pressure point feats than that villainess.

Smurph

DarkSaint85

Smurph
Could the other guy even pick up on vital signs? Or was he just busting out super yoga to show off to Daredevil.

Smurph
Iron Fist, such a flirt.

StiltmanFTW
But the full album (that we took from the same source) doesn't contradict what I said.

The first nerve strike he used, Luke looks paralysed. We even know it affected him, as he is in shock and asks what BP did.

He was definitely affected.

What I'm saying is that he was down, not out. And it's far easier doing the pressure point strikes in a non-fight scenario.

You can see him getting up and staring at BP pointing his index finger at him.

Did Luke recover and do anything after that BP scene?

Other than being in the process of getting up and making eye-contact with BP, nothing else happened, as you know.

But it wasn't his intention to antagonize Panther or start a fight with him - as he tried to explain before the nerve pinch.

Note, too, that in the second scene you posted, Luke didn't want to undergo the pressure point attacks again.

Yes, which shows they get some results - just far lesser than intended.

Not to mention, Batman has better and more pressure point feats than that villainess.

Well, duh. That he does. Ninotchka has 4 appearances.

He also has a history of being humbled by low metas stick out tongue And struggling with a certain character with a thick hide.

---
I'm the last person on this forum that would want to defend Luke.

It needs to be said, however, that he isn't exactly as susceptible as some others.

Plus their entire fight was done in close quarter combat....but stopping his heart was the only way to get his opponent into striking distance....

Welcome to the world of K'un-Lun bullshit that cdtm loves so much.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't like modern cage, give me the fro and silk shirt in Times Square and that supporting cast anyday.

StiltmanFTW
Those were his best days thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Those were his best days thumb up Sweet Christmas!

Alex_Ferrana
Yes.

And here's the full scene in context - it wasn't a fight, just a misunderstanding between the two; there was a third party involved:

https://imgur.com/gallery/11mNG

And now some actual fight; pre-upgrade Luke getting hurt by the nerve strikes, only to recover in moments and restrain the villainess:

1. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286234-presure_points_on_cage.jpg
2. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286236-presure_points_on_cage_2.jpg
3. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2286238-presure_points_on_cage_3.jpg

It's entirely possible that Luke may be legit KO'd this way - but it's not as easy as the contextless scene suggests.

Batman once fought StalnoiVolk (Russian supersoldier with an invincible skin, similar to Luke Cage) and stunned him with pressure points. Same about Bronze Tiger, who also successfully used pressure points and nerve strikes against him (although in their first fight StalnoiVolk grabbed Bronze Tiger and was ready to crush him, but Vixen interferred).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Alex_Ferrana
Batman once fought StalnoiVolk (Russian supersoldier with an invincible skin, similar to Luke Cage) and stunned him with pressure points. Same about Bronze Tiger, who also successfully used pressure points and nerve strikes against him (although in their first fight StalnoiVolk grabbed Bronze Tiger and was ready to crush him, but Vixen interferred).

I wasn't aware of that particular feat, but can't say I'm surprised.

Truly, Bruce's only weakness is female sexual anatomy...

https://i.ibb.co/YDCDrS4/1623759547-right.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Batman once fought StalnoiVolk (Russian supersoldier with an invincible skin, similar to Luke Cage) and stunned him with pressure points. Same about Bronze Tiger, who also successfully used pressure points and nerve strikes against him (although in their first fight StalnoiVolk grabbed Bronze Tiger and was ready to crush him, but Vixen interferred). Neither is Luke Cage stranger...

Old Man Whirly!

https://i.ibb.co/YDCDrS4/1623759547-right.jpg laughing out loud

cdtm
Those were his best days thumb up

That's what made Power Man and Iron Fist such genius. Two quintessential 1970's stereotypes team up.

Modern team ups just aren't the same.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
That's what made Power Man and Iron Fist such genius. Two quintessential 1970's stereotypes team up.

Modern team-ups just aren't the same. the nearest was the early 90s, Archer and Armstrong, by the same creative team. That was 30 years ago now...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud

DC couldn't have embarrassed themselves more if they tried.

Booya_69

😆 smh.

Booya_69
Luke cage has had a couple of upgrades since then right? Nerve strikes should have less of an affect by now. Hes also been shown to be quick enough to tag spidey.
He should take the majority in rd1 and lose the majority in rd2 imo.

DarkSaint85
Upgrades since his Panther showing?

And we really don't want to go by who's been tagged by whom.

Booya_69

And we really don't want to go by who's been tagged by whom.

Did this instance happen before or after his fight with proxima? Iirc when those two were tussling, spidey was an awe that luke can cause seismic activity with his punches.
Could it be an implied boost in power, since spidey knows all about cage and shouldn't be surprised by his strength. 🤷‍♂️

Alex_Ferrana

Nah, pissed off Batman always wiped the floor with Catwoman. But if he holds back - sure.

Delta1938
Nah, pissed off Batman always wiped the floor with Catwoman. But if he holds back - sure.

You missed the joke. sad

StiltmanFTW

You have missed the joke here wink

https://i.ibb.co/fYp42mM/screen-shot-2021-06-14-at-8-43-11-pm.png

No upgrades since then.

And he had only one, afaik. During his solo run in the nineties. We could probably nitpick it, too... if we really wanted to mmm... but let's be generous give him that... since that is the commonly accepted kmc canon, anyway.

PS. Recent bios could clarify it.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Booya_69
Did this instance happen before or after his fight with proxima? Iirc when those two were tussling, spidey was an awe that luke can cause seismic activity with his punches.
Could it be an implied boost in power, since spidey knows all about cage and shouldn't be surprised by his strength. 🤷‍♂️

There wasn't any power boost. The same Luke who fought Proxima Midnight, faced a depowered Black Panther.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah.

Getting a high showing doesn't automatically mean you've been amped.

DarkSaint85
He was definitely affected.

What I'm saying is that he was down, not out. And it's far easier doing the pressure point strikes in a non-fight scenario.

You can see him getting up and staring at BP pointing his index finger at him.

Other than being in the process of getting up and making eye-contact with BP, nothing else happened, as you know.

But it wasn't his intention to antagonize Panther or start a fight with him - as he tried to explain before the nerve pinch.

Yes, which shows they get some results - just far lesser than intended.

Well, duh. That he does. Ninotchka has 4 appearances.

He also has a history of being humbled by low metas stick out tongue And struggling with a certain character with a thick hide.

---
I'm the last person on this forum that would want to defend Luke.

It needs to be said, however, that he isn't exactly as susceptible as some others.

Welcome to the world of K'un-Lun bullshit that cdtm loves so much.

Agreed, he's not, and I'm not saying any random second tier MAs could replicate it.

I'm saying Bats can replicate it.

StiltmanFTW
Agreed, he's not, and I'm not saying any random second tier MAs could replicate it.

I'm saying Bats can replicate it.

Yes, I agree.

It also should be noted that Panther probably took it easy on Cage, too - if he wanted him knocked out, he would use more efficient pressure point attacks or just keep applying them.

It's a little known fact that Cage does posses a superhuman recuperative ability - comparable with that of Spider-Man or Beast, I'd say - but it can be overloaded.

Does anyone know if there's some other instance of Cage getting "tested" against nerve strikes?

Alex_Ferrana
You missed the joke. sad

I got it, acyually. I just was in a mad mood.

Alex_Ferrana
Yes, I agree.

It also should be noted that Panther probably took it easy on Cage, too - if he wanted him knocked out, he would use more efficient pressure point attacks or just keep applying them.

It's a little known fact that Cage does posses a superhuman recuperative ability - comparable with that of Spider-Man or Beast, I'd say - but it can be overloaded.

Does anyone know if there's some other instance of Cage getting "tested" against nerve strikes?

Could be counted a moment, where Paladin shoot Luke Cage with his tazer gun (nerve disruptor gun) and it seemingly had an effect on Luke (temporarely paralyzed him)? Although Luke then stood up and punched Paladin, so even though it kinda worked on Luke, he recovered pretty quickly.

https://imgur.com/a/fVGRFLY

Albeit here's same gun, which one-shots Luke. Inconsistency?

https://imgur.com/JxCzwFI

Alex_Ferrana
You have missed the joke here wink

https://i.ibb.co/fYp42mM/screen-shot-2021-06-14-at-8-43-11-pm.png

No upgrades since then.

And he had only one, afaik. During his solo run in the nineties. We could probably nitpick it, too... if we really wanted to mmm... but let's be generous give him that... since that is the commonly accepted kmc canon, anyway.

PS. Recent bios could clarify it.

Lol. I got it. Weird decision in an animated series, where 2 girls showed as an apparent lesbials and where violence and blood is everywhere (same with adult jokes and moments).

StiltmanFTW
But since you mentioned it... as for Selina's h2h formidability, nobody will even try to rep her here... at least not when pitted against the true top tiers like Bats. Way out of her league, especially these days.

MrMind

the fact that you put thor in the same sentence as grundy is so disrespectful

Alex_Ferrana
But since you mentioned it... as for Selina's h2h formidability, nobody will even try to rep her here... at least not when pitted against the true top tiers like Bats. Way out of her league, especially these days.

Catwoman is a very good H2H fighter, which a lot of people doesn't know (an usually underestimates her, calling her "nothing but a latex-clad cat burglar who struggles with fodder", which is just silly), but indeed, she isn't a match for Bats (at least mostly).

-Pr-
Originally posted by MrMind
the fact that you put thor in the same sentence as grundy is so disrespectful

True. Grundy deserves far better.

DarkSaint85
Now, how about round 2? What does Bats have that can take him out?

Alex_Ferrana

Well, knockout gas, for example. it's his standard gear, though.

But even if that won't work, Batman has a lot of gadgets which should help him take out Luke Cage.

Delta1938

I'm sure Batman has something similar that'll work on Cage.

https://genk.mediacdn.vn/2018/10/4/photo-1-1538666196709786365786.png

Alex_Ferrana
I'm sure Batman has something similar that'll work on Cage.

https://genk.mediacdn.vn/2018/10/4/photo-1-1538666196709786365786.png

Where's it from? Batman looks like he's from 1966 TV show.

DarkSaint85
It's a crossover with Planetary.

Delta1938
Where's it from? Batman looks like he's from 1966 TV show.

That's because it was. laughing

Alex_Ferrana
That's because it was. laughing

Oh, okay. big grin

Delta1938
Oh, okay. big grin

Plot had the guy Batman was chasing have a multiverse swapping effect so we saw different versions of Batman including Adam West.

lawest9
Originally posted by -Pr-
True. Grundy deserves far better. laughing laughing laughing

cdtm
I don't know, Batman needed power gloves to put a hurting on Slade, and he's nowhere near as durable as Luke Cage..

Alex_Ferrana
I don't know, Batman needed power gloves to put a hurting on Slade, and he's nowhere near as durable as Luke Cage..

Where it was? Bats usually stalemated or even defeated Deathstroke without any amps, and even Nightwing in batman's suit stalemated Slade pretty well.

Alex_Ferrana
Plot had the guy Batman was chasing have a multiverse swapping effect so we saw different versions of Batman including Adam West.

And we all know than "Batman's standard gear" is a very vague term.

lawest9
And we all know than "Batman's standard gear" is a very vague term. Yea.......it can mean almost anything the writer wishes.

cdtm
Where it was? Bats usually stalemated or even defeated Deathstroke without any amps, and even Nightwing in batman's suit stalemated Slade pretty well.

Christopher Priest wrote that one. Batman vs Deathstroke six issue mini.

It happened in Slade's own book, but this is Priest we're talking about, he's as even handed and respectable a writer as it gets. Even had Damian outplay Slade in his own series.

StiltmanFTW
Christopher Priest wrote that one. Batman vs Deathstroke six issue mini.

It happened in Slade's own book, but this is Priest we're talking about, he's as even handed and respectable a writer as it gets. Even had Damian outplay Slade in his own series.

You're thinking of gloves that fired energy bolts from distance.

He didn't actually need it to protect his hands or enhance his striking power.

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, Todd. You're taking your pills, at least?

Delta1938
And we all know than "Batman's standard gear" is a very vague term.

Well the post was a joke, but Batman has randomly used gas powerful enough to effect stronger bricks than Luke. Had a gas grenade that affected Orion, and his cowl sprayed gas that hurt Grundy when Grodd controlling Grundy tried to remove it.

StiltmanFTW
Well the post was a joke, but Batman has randomly used gas powerful enough to effect stronger bricks than Luke. Had a gas grenade that affected Orion, and his cowl sprayed gas that hurt Grundy when Grodd controlling Grundy tried to remove it.

To be fair, Grundy gets hurt by everything.

But in full context... it was tear gas that just helped to break Grodd's telepathic hold over Grundy... same tear gas was used on normal human thugs without causing them serious harm .

StiltmanFTW
However, he does have sonics, bat-foam, JLA-level explosives, electric batarangs and a shitload of other gear.

cdtm
You're thinking of gloves that fired energy bolts from distance.

He didn't actually need it to protect his hands or enhance his striking power.

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, Todd. You're taking your pills, at least?

No, he also wore them while beating on Slade. Stands to reason they'd amp his punches just by the fact of being big arsed gauntlets, even if they didn't act like power armor (Which logically they probably did, since he could have as easily used a better dedicated projectile weapon if all he wanted was a blaster)

Plus Batman was trying to hit him in an earlier issue with them, with Slade asking if they increased his speed as well as his power..

StiltmanFTW
So, you have nothing aside from your fanon? mmm

If you want to get technical, then Batman's standard kevlar gloves already protect his hands enough to strike Superman in the face repeatedly.

cdtm
So, you have nothing aside from your fanon? mmm

If you want to get technical, then Batman's standard kevlar gloves already protect his hands enough to strike Superman in the face repeatedly.

Here's your proof:

https://www.comicextra.com/deathstroke-2016/chapter-32/14

https://www.comicextra.com/deathstroke-2016/chapter-32/15

Notice the first thing he does after they're charged is try and hit him? Same gauntlets.

StiltmanFTW
Fair enough. Debatable, but fair enough.

It's a damn good thing that their effect is easily replaceable with a single batarang poke, eh?

https://i.ibb.co/sPWg7KN/Eb-NFEj1-XYAA32-PL-format-jpg-name-4096x4096.jpg

stick out tongue

Smurph

Delta1938
To be fair, Grundy gets hurt by everything.

But in full context... it was tear gas that just helped to break Grodd's telepathic hold over Grundy... same tear gas was used on normal human thugs without causing them serious harm .

You didn't make an issue out of Grundy before, when you had a similar argument of Batman effect Top-Tiers.

You complained about the Public Enemies instance, when Grundy was initially mind-controlled (said control broke when he got exposed to Batman's tear gas)...

... so how about this showing, then?

https://i.imgur.com/dt5lF9a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2plbEeU.jpg

Posted it before, but you ignored it.

This time, it was Grundy who had the element of surprise against Bruce --- he still got KO'd.

Why is "Grundy gets hurt by everything" relevant now? That could just as easily been used against you at the time.

And it wouldn't be the first time human characters have survived something they shouldn't.

StiltmanFTW
That's how the mask worked under Loeb.

Released the tear gas - nothing more, nothing less - when anyone tried to unmask Bruce... in order to stop them from doing that and to mess up their vision, before they got a chance to get a good look.

I was bursting Alberto's bubble who kept making excuses for Grundy. It doesn't take Bats to deal with Solomon... as the likes of Wildcat or Green Arrow have been more than enough.

StiltmanFTW

Stoic

cdtm

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
Maybe if Batman was a villian.

Batman doesn't kill. Logically, if he toy can hurt Superman and he's fighting someone who isn't nearly as durable as Superman, he wouldn't use a level of force needed to hurt Superman.

You can argue the gauntlets of overkill, but really most of his toys are less a sliding scale and more a switch: Sufficient for Riddler or Superman.

Anything above the Riddler/Penguin pay grade gets the gear designed to tackle herald level threats.

You never get tired of strawmanning, do you?

It's a simple fact that Bats never needed power gauntlets in his career to hurt Slade. Not even in their very first fight, when Slade won.

Doesn't mean he's above using them in a fight with him. Slade doesn't exactly fight fair, either.

cdtm
You never get tired of strawmanning, do you?

It's a simple fact that Bats never needed power gauntlets in his career to hurt Slade. Not even in their very first fight, when Slade won.

Doesn't mean he's above using them in a fight with him. Slade doesn't exactly fight fair, either.

Smurph made a statement, I directly addressed the statement. How is that a strawman?

Smurph, do you feel I strawmanned you? Not me intention, but..

As for your comment:

Never? eek!

Batman got his rear handed to him in their first encounter.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-df6e0183df1cffa922e38b3dad450858-pjlq

Shrugged off his punches and everything. This used to be considered the gold standard on how they measure up.

And I'm aware a lots changed since then, what with Slade suddenly becoming a JLA stomper in Identity Crisis, and then getting toned waaaay down under Snyder.

Frankly he's all over the place. But considering he was originally a Teen Titans beater, which included Robin/Nightwing, Cyborg, Kid Flash and such, I think Christopher Priest did a good interpretation of them.

Batman SHOULD need prep against a guy who can solo a team. He SHOULD need gear or planning. Random encounters SHOULD end up exactly like that scan.

In my opinion.

StiltmanFTW
Shrugged off his punches and everything.

No. He was all messed up from that fight:

https://i.ibb.co/vzGTn76/004.jpg

Try reading for the first time in your life:

https://i.ibb.co/4TmMtg2/dsflesh.png

https://i.ibb.co/jbBcWBr/blood.png

Not enough?

Maybe you want to see how weak exactly he was after that fight with Bats?

Here you go:

https://i.ibb.co/bBPzkSP/005.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jfG5TdD/006.jpg

Now take your meds and keep your mouth shut or I'll put a bullet in your brain.

cdtm
No. He was all messed up from that fight:

https://i.ibb.co/vzGTn76/004.jpg

Try reading for the first time in your life:

https://i.ibb.co/4TmMtg2/dsflesh.png

https://i.ibb.co/jbBcWBr/blood.png

Not enough?

Maybe you want to see how weak exactly he was after that fight with Bats?

Here you go:

https://i.ibb.co/bBPzkSP/005.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jfG5TdD/006.jpg

Now take your meds and keep your mouth shut or I'll put a bullet in your brain.

Wow, that was a lot of blood. Forgot how casually gory the 80's was.

They actually had Bloodsport kill children in his first appearance.

cdtm
And ok, I may have forgotten and/or intentionally glossed over a minor detail or two. Pretty sure Bronze Tiger ended up looking pretty good as well...

Nonetheless in that Priest story at least, Batman did try and fail to cause major damage without the gauntlets. Remember when he tried breaking his neck, and Slade basically laughed about how he'd drown him first?

Smurph

Smurph

cdtm

cdtm
Smurph, did you read the story?

Batman actually did a lot in the final showdown. He cut into Slades back with a sword, for one. He got him with those blue lasers that Slade kept claiming are meant to hurt Superman.

Priest had Batman use those things for a reason, he isn't the type of writer to do something just because.

Same man gave us Iron Man vs Black Panther, his stories I'd take over a million Snyders or Bendis's or Tom Kings..

Smurph

cdtm

Smurph

StiltmanFTW

cdtm

cdtm

cdtm
Yeah, my bad.

Now the thread is derailed and filled with nonsense. And Todd ain't gonna stop, unless we cease feeding him.

And we won't do that, because...

--

How is the chain scene relevant to anything you're trying to say?

You don't see how Batman trying like hell to break Slades neck with a chain, and failing to break his neck with a chain, is relevent to a conversation about whether he can do serious damage to Slade unamped?

The entire point is to link whether Batman can hurt Luke with his bare hands. He can't even break Slades neck with a CHAIN, how on earth do you expect him to hurt Cage with his bare hands?

Smurph

StiltmanFTW
You don't see how Batman trying like hell to break Slades neck with a chain, and failing to break his neck with a chain, is relevent to a conversation about whether he can do serious damage to Slade unamped?

The entire point is to link whether Batman can hurt Luke with his bare hands. He can't even break Slades neck with a CHAIN, how on earth do you expect him to hurt Cage with his bare hands?

Not only Slade is resisting and fighting back, he also calls Bruce's bluff.

This is what happens when you never read, Todd.

Sin I AM
Smurph, did you read the story?

Batman actually did a lot in the final showdown. He cut into Slades back with a sword, for one. He got him with those blue lasers that Slade kept claiming are meant to hurt Superman.

Priest had Batman use those things for a reason, he isn't the type of writer to do something just because.

Same man gave us Iron Man vs Black Panther, his stories I'd take over a million Snyders or Bendis's or Tom Kings..

Hmmm....Tom king is a good writer actually

DarkSaint85

The argument is also all over the place.

StiltmanFTW

It is. But that's not surprising, considering who we're dealing with here.

DarkSaint85

Also, pressure points magically bypass all this.

Facee
Pressure points only work in comics. laughing

DarkSaint85
Wrong! They also work in my erotic fanfiction.

cdtm

That's down to having to "prove" Slade is too durable for Batman to take in straight h2h.

Which he totally IS. Deathstroke regularly took attacks from Cyborg and such since the start of his career.

The Batman fluff on the other hand is a result of years of PIS, in proportion to all the times Batman shows attack and defense in proportion to the street leveled he is.

In other words, in straight hand to hand, Batman hits Slade all day, fails to do any real damage, and beats him down.

Lacking even this very obvious and generally accepted ANYWHERE ELSE frame of reference makes building a coherent narrative impossible.

I guess Christopher Priest had Bruce use power gauntlets designed to fight Superman because they look cool. Priest is known for his bad writing, amiright? He probably reasoned "Pfft, Batman COULD win this in a kick, but lets break out the 'ol justice buster, just because."

StiltmanFTW
I have literally used your "gold standard" of how Bats and Stroke "measure up" against you.

Deathstroke has a low metahuman durability, inferior to the likes of Spider-Man (and Parker tends to get hurt by humans a lot of times, too)... it's the mix of his armor, damage soak and regen that allows him to keep going.... and even that often is not enough.

You'd have a point if he was wearing his Nth metal armor or had the Ikon forcefield protecting him.

Slade has been fighting and getting hurt by human-level streets his whole career --- even in his solo series. You ain't gonna change that now.

StiltmanFTW
Also, pressure points magically bypass all this.

Of course they do.

Even against the likes of the Thing, Colossus or Mister Fantastic.

But it was never Todd's intention to stay on topic.

lawest9
Originally posted by Facee
Pressure points only work in comics. laughing 🤔

cdtm
Pressure points as depicted in comic just might only work in comics.

Considering the writer probably doesn't know the first thing about fighting and just picked a random spot on the body and went "pressure point!"

StiltmanFTW
Superpowers work only in comics, too.

cdtm
Superpowers work only in comics, too.

Yeah, but I'm talking about a real life skill depicted in a comic.

Like a simple wrist lock/arm bar, have seen comic depictions that look worse then professional wrestling...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.