Order these guys buy shield strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Doom
Magneto
Hal Jordan
Jean Grey
Dr. Strange
Thanos
Batman on Mobius Chair

cdtm
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Doom
Magneto
Hal Jordan
Jean Grey
Dr. Strange
Thanos
Batman on Mobius Chair

Probably Jean topping the list, followed by Magneto, Thanos, Doom.

No shield list is a serious list without including Vril Dox, Booster Gold, or Sue.

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
Probably Jean topping the list, followed by Magneto, Thanos, Doom.

No shield list is a serious list without including Vril Dox, Booster Gold, or Sue.

I'd add Brainiac 5 to that list. In which case it would probably go

Jean
Brainiac 5
Magneto
Thanos
Sue/Vril
Booster/Doom

I know I'm going to get the argument that Boosters Shield is Brainiac 5s but it doesn't have the same power cell. Remember Brainiac 5 left it in the past depleted so bybthe time Booster got it it was using a power cell from the 24th century not the 30th. Plus it's run out of Juice (Doomsday/DOS) and faltered where B5s hasnt

h1a8
Why does Jean top the list?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Doom
Magneto
Hal Jordan
Jean Grey
Dr. Strange
Thanos
Batman on Mobius Chair

No Rogers? Fail

Glorificus
Jean
Doom
Thanos
Magneto
Hal
Mobius Chair
Strange?... Not sure where current Dr. Strange is, as didn't he recently die? But I assume if he's still alive, he's probably much weaker than his classic levels? In which case I would put his shields as the flimsiest.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Glorificus
Jean
Doom
Thanos
Magneto
Hal
Mobius Chair
Strange?... Not sure where current Dr. Strange is, as didn't he recently die? But I assume if he's still alive, he's probably much weaker than his classic levels? In which case I would put his shields as the flimsiest.
laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Yeah I felt the same way. Thanos IMO tops the list. Having shields capable of blunting more than planetary destructive force. For example; when the Champion was hitting his shield it failed to buckle after a few hits, but he was able to one shot the planet that they were on, and appeared confident that they would hold until the Champion decided to play into his trap.

Endless Mike
Strange at classic levels could take universe+ force with his shields... but I'm so far behind on current Marvel that he's probably a lot weaker now.

Stoic
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Strange at classic levels could take universe+ force with his shields... but I'm so far behind on current Marvel that he's probably a lot weaker now.

Hmmm. So what does that mean when the Hulk has breached those shields?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Stoic

He wasn't using them at full power. Or inconsistent showing. Take your pick.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Let's not pretend "classic Strange" isn't the most inconsistent character in comics.

Classic NES
Here is my list:

Thanos
BatGod on the Mobius chair
Hal Jordan
Doom
Magneto
Dr. Strange
Jean Grey

How'd I do?

abhilegend
Thanos is too high

Classic NES
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanos is too high

Under BatGod then?

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic

Depends on how consistent with past showings.

Take Persuader's Atomic Axe. It's well known for cutting ANYTHING. Including concepts like "gravity".

Yet Mon-El, a Superman peer, stopped the Axe with his arm

Does this mean the Axe gets stopped by anyone with comparable durability? What if this was the only such showing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.