The problem with crazy ladies like Amber Heard...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Is that they allow misogynists like Rogan to have their day and undermine the many women who are abused.

Thoughts?

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Is that they allow misogynists like Rogan to have their day and undermine the many women who are abused.

Thoughts?

I'll agree she undermines victims, yes.

StiltmanFTW
I support Cdtm's sister beating the living crap out of him with my whole heart http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Old Man Whirly!
smile

ares834
So the problem isn't that Amber Heard is an abusive piece of shit but that she gives other people ammunition?

lmao

Bashar Teg
I haven't been following this at all

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ares834
So the problem isn't that Amber Heard is an abusive piece of shit but that she gives other people ammunition?

lmao why can't it be both?

ArtificialGlory
Women make up nearly half of domestic abusers. I say it's about time we used some of that ammunition against them.

BruceSkywalker
Amber Turd the wh$re can go jump off the tallest building in the world and die

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Amber Turd the wh$re can go jump off the tallest building in the world and die

And she can take Depp with her, tbh.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
why can't it be both?

Bingo.

She's an abusive lying trashcan, who I hope gets sued into oblivion, and her actions both undermines real victoms of abuse while giving the dudebros ammo to do there thing.

-Pr-
A whole bunch of conversations about female victims of abuse get derailed by some dickhead that's like "but what about the men?". I would hope a similar thing isn't going to happen here.

A talk about female abusers in relationships in society is long overdue, and if anything positive comes from the Depp trial, it would be my hope that people start to see the reality of the situation, and that she's not some abberation.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I haven't been following this at all My thoughts, exactly.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by -Pr-
A whole bunch of conversations about female victims of abuse get derailed by some dickhead that's like "but what about the men?". I would hope a similar thing isn't going to happen here.

It happened here already, though

Originally posted by Blakemore
My thoughts, exactly.

The craziest thing about amber heard was that we have a supreme court justice who's wife assisted and encouraged the capitol insurrection.

Adam_PoE

A talk about female abusers in relationships in society is long overdue, and if anything positive comes from the Depp trial, it would be my hope that people start to see the reality of the situation, and that she's not some abberation.

The reality of the situation is that the rate of abuse between men and women in intimate relationships is roughly equal. But the real elephant in the room is that lesbian couples have the highest rates of abuse, and gay couples have the lowest, with straight couples in between.

cdtm

I can't speak for the world at large, but I really believe that conversation in America is unsalvageable.

As are most conversations. The main problem is the mixing of politics, social issues, with marketing. You can't have an honest conversation when everyone wants to sell you something. "Reality TV" culture really. Or maybe Jerry Springer.

The good faith actors get drowned out by the scumbags wanting to sell you shampoos or deodorant or hybrids or insurance, or the politicians looking to get elected, or the trolls with axes to grind...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
It happened here already, though

I don't doubt that. Doesn't mean it needs to continue though, especially if that side of the conversation comes up again.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The reality of the situation is that the rate of abuse between men and women in intimate relationships is roughly equal. But the real elephant in the room is that lesbian couples have the highest rates of abuse, and gay couples have the lowest, with straight couples in between.

Yup. But when you say that, the usual shite comes up.

Originally posted by cdtm
I can't speak for the world at large, but I really believe that conversation in America is unsalvageable.

As are most conversations. The main problem is the mixing of politics, social issues, with marketing. You can't have an honest conversation when everyone wants to sell you something. "Reality TV" culture really. Or maybe Jerry Springer.

The good faith actors get drowned out by the scumbags wanting to sell you shampoos or deodorant or hybrids or insurance, or the politicians looking to get elected, or the trolls with axes to grind...

Eh, while I think you can poke fun at America for a bunch of things, in this case I feel like it's more of a western civilization thing. The attitude towards the idea of female abusers is pretty consistent in most western countries, and even if it's worse in America, say, that doesn't mean it's easily solved in places like Ireland, the UK, France, Germany etc.

Old Man Whirly!
*in the voice of Sean Connery* We've all had mad exes, nothing a good spanking doesn't solve... shifty I jest.

-Pr-
Well, who doesn't like a spanking?

Old Man Whirly!
Well, who doesn't like a spanking? laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
yes, you must give us all a good spanking! and then the oral sex!

Blakemore
oo0d1zTAFKA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.