Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This is gonna be really REALLY good:

Zo3Kj4dgdBU

riv6672
I laughed out loud when I saw the trailer the other day. thumb up

Robtard
Looks good. Radcliffe is a solid casting choice here.

Patient_Leech
I'm looking forward to this.

Anyone who hasn't seen UHF, it's an absolutely underrated classic. My family and I quote it all the time. Up there with Monty Python.

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm looking forward to this.

Anyone who hasn't seen UHF, it's an absolutely underrated classic. My family and I quote it all the time. Up there with Monty Python.

I had forgotten about UHF, I will add it to my digital library stat

Patient_Leech
You haven't seen UHF, Rob?!

It's truly a cinematic tragedy that it got buried at the box office. Sequels or other Weird Al parody movies would have improved life for all.

Robtard
I watched it back in 1989-1990.

BruceSkywalker
gonna pass unless this gets recommended to me

Robtard
Brucie, I'm going to go ahead and pre-recommend this.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
I watched it back in 1989-1990.

Oh, okay. Good. thumb up

Yeah, Bruce. I mean, if you're an Al fan it is recommended, if not then you probably won't be interested. 🤷‍♂️

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Haha, "Today we're teaching poodles how to fly!"

I think they intended to have more scenes with that guy, but he died in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver, before they finished his scenes. But they kept his scenes anyway.

Man, UHF is truly a pure masterpiece and is criminally underrated. One of my favorite parts is near the beginning when Al tosses the dog into the punch bowl. It's small and random, but man is it funny. laughing out loud

Impediment

I think they intended to have more scenes with that guy, but he died in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver, before they finished his scenes. But they kept his scenes anyway.

Man, UHF is truly a pure masterpiece and is criminally underrated. One of my favorite parts is near the beginning when Al tosses the dog into the punch bowl. It's small and random, but man is it funny. laughing out loud

"STUPID!!!!!! YOU'RE SO STUPIIIIIIID!!!

Impediment
It's hard to see Radcliffe as anything other than Harry Potter, but I think he can pull this off.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
"STUPID!!!!!! YOU'RE SO STUPIIIIIIID!!!

"SUPPLIES!!"

Man, so many great quotable lines and character actors. Michael Richards of course steals most of the show.

Kazenji
What the **** is even the Roku channel?

Stringer

riv6672

^^^Ugh, that sucks! confused

Patient_Leech
Hoping to get together with my brother tomorrow to watch this. It's a special occasion!!

Robtard
Watching this tonight, am hyped.

Patient_Leech
Watched this with my brother and the first act or so is pure gold. We were laughing pretty much non-stop.

Around the time that ERW appears as Madonna it starts to slow down. It's not necessarily entirely that conniving b!tch's fault, because that's exactly what her role is: a conniving b!tch! The role she was born to play! The plot gets a little ridiculous, which I guess isn't unexpected. The low budget shows at times, too, and the ending is awkward.. haha.

A very solid start, but overall I'd give it about 7/10.

How popular is Roku? I'm just wondering how well this will do. Hm..

Lestov16
Watched this based off your recommendation Rob, and it was the funniest comedy of the decade imo!!!! big grin

Kazenji
I don't know how to watch this movie in Australia. Can't find the Roku app if it is a app my tv

guess i'm gonna have to wait for it to come out on Blu-ray some shit.

Lestov16
You can watch the whole thing here: https://1movieshd.com/watch-movie/free-weird-the-al-yankovic-story-hd-89866.9121429

Lestov16
The 2023 Oscars are going to be AMAZING
BEST ACTRESS- ANA DE ARMAS AS MARILYN MONROE
BEST ACTOR- DANIEL RADCLIFFE AS WEIRD AL YANKOVIC cool smile :yes

*Predicting this now so when it happens, younohitocelbratez big grin

Lestov16
^for now keep that link on low low

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
You can watch the whole thing here: https://1movieshd.com/watch-movie/free-weird-the-al-yankovic-story-hd-89866.9121429

Looks shady

i don't do piracy.

Lestov16
Best get that Roku subscription then thumb up

Robtard
I enjoyed it, but as PL said, it ends weaker than it started.

I was expecting more of a biopic, but I get that Weird Al probably doesn't have a lot of drama and scandals in his life, so this was largely just a goofy fiction with some reality tossed in.

Radcliffe is really shaping up to be a very good actor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.