Dune: Part Two (2023)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
So, dear god, please tell me this isn't just speculation...

Christopher Walken as the Emperor...

https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/deadline.com/2022/05/dune-part-2-christopher-walken-the-emperor-1235021590/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D&fbclid=IwAR3bOZ4CLD- W3NqRPA1WZgP0lhKOrvk_ixFgjc_OBCizZS1vZJ6wWQ585xI#a
oh=16523859233011&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadline.com%2F2022%2F05%2Fdune-part-2-christopher-walken-the-emperor-1235021590%2F

BruceSkywalker
IT'S TRUE... IT'S DAMN TRUE

playa1258
Looking forward to Paul shitting all over Shaddam/Sardaukar/Harkonnens

Bashar Teg
Christopher Walken... I really don't know what to make of this

riv6672

Patient_Leech

ares834
Not a fan of this at all. Walken is a great actor but he's horribly miscast as Shaddam.

Robtard
^Agree with Ares, I love Walken, just don't see him as the emperor. He's also pushing 80 and likely missing a step or two, he seemed off in his Severance role.

I'd say Gary Oldman, I know, I always name him, Mads Mikkelsen (aged) or even Lee Pace (aged), Pace already done a similar role in the Foundation show.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So, dear god, please tell me this isn't just speculation...

Christopher Walken as the Emperor...

https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/deadline.com/2022/05/dune-part-2-christopher-walken-the-emperor-1235021590/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D&fbclid=IwAR3bOZ4CLD- W3NqRPA1WZgP0lhKOrvk_ixFgjc_OBCizZS1vZJ6wWQ585xI#a
oh=16523859233011&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadline.com%2F2022%2F05%2Fdune-part-2-christopher-walken-the-emperor-1235021590%2F

For someone who has "patient" in his username, you sure have a nasty habit of posting broken links.

Here, fixed:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/dune-part-2-christopher-walken-the-emperor-1235021590/

Patient_Leech
Works fine for me, brah. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe your slutty computer should wear a condom. stick out tongue

Tzeentch
Meh. Part one was so incredibly ****ing bland and sanitized I have zero interest in the sequel.

StiltmanFTW
Works fine for me, brah. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe your slutty computer should wear a condom. stick out tongue

mmm

Got it to work on some other browsers. Still not a fan of needlessly long links.

Anyway, this is good news. Even though I'd still be looking forward to it even if they cast someone completely unknown as the Emperor.

Patient_Leech
Our new Emperor, ladies and gents (and transes..?)

Fatboy Slim's Weapon Of Choice Music Video Predicted Christopher Walken's Dune 2 Casting

More of a self-fulfilled prophecy, though.

rudester
I can see Christopher's hair being made into a crown although the original emperor was kinda balding.

rudester
I would love to see Millie Bobby Brown play either the daughter of the emperor or the sister of Paul.

Robtard
Nov 3rd 2023 release date

Patient_Leech
Hell yeah, just in time for my birthday! 😛

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Nov 3rd 2023 release date

20 days before i turn 54

rudester
I could see him as Hakonen.

rudester
I love this movie so I can't wait to see part two.

rudester
This movie became dumb after Part 3. Children of Dune.

playa1258
Looking forward to Paul vs Feyd

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by playa1258
Looking forward to Paul vs Feyd

I just watched Elvis.

Austin Butler is impressive, I must say. He's probably going to kill it as Feyd.

Patient_Leech
However my friend just tells me that people are worried that he's still going to sound like Elvis because he did during his golden globe speech... haha..

PqNARwvFV3k

Patient_Leech
I hope he does Elvis moves during the fight scene. laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
I re-watched Dune Part 1 the other night and I forgot how goddamn good it is.

The sound and music is incredible.

My body is ready for Part 2.

PMkDaDg8pPg

My nipples are HAAARD!

playa1258
Butler is going to kill it. Part 2 should have loads of action in it.

Robtard
I re-watched Dune Part 1 the other night and I forgot how goddamn good it is.

The sound and music is incredible.

My body is ready for Part 2.

PMkDaDg8pPg

My nipples are HAAARD!

If they follow the books, Feyd will have dark hair.

Patient_Leech
^ I've seen reports that he will be bald.

Apparently some footage was shown at Cinema-Con recently.

Robtard
God! Damn! It! He should have hair!

But I get they probably want to go with the aesthetics of uniform bald Harkonens.

playa1258
Feyd will be bald in this but hopefully is charisma and ruthlessness are kept.

NemeBro
Is the first Dune movie worth watching for someone who thought the actual book was kind of shit? Read it recently and I do not relate to the adulation for it at all.

Patient_Leech
Some teaser images have been released by Vanity Fair.

Feyd has been kept appropriately mysterious, but yeah, he does look bald.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Is the first Dune movie worth watching for someone who thought the actual book was kind of shit? Read it recently and I do not relate to the adulation for it at all.

It's fairly close to the book, considering how long the book is and far closer than the 1984 David Lynch film. So if you think the source material is shit, you'll probably think this film is shit.

Then again, there's a lot of hardcore Dune fans who did not like this film, so it might have the opposite affect on you. Watch the first 30mins, that will give you a taste.

ares834
Looked through the vanity fair pics and I thought they were looking good until I saw Irulan. WTF! They completely butchered her. I wonder how Shaddam is going to look now...

Robtard
How does one butcher the lovely Florence Pugh?

ares834
She looks fine. Just nothing like what Irulan should look like. I thought she was miscast from the beginning.

Robtard
She's a good actress (and lovely to look at) imo, I think she has it in her to do the role proper, assuming she's written properly.

NemeBro
Kind of amazing how people are so concerned about what complete non-characters like the Emperor and Irulan are going to look like. The Emperor shows up at the very end of the book to be made to look like a complete moron by Paul. I don't know why Walken can't play such an insignificant role. With Irulan there's even less there in the first book; IIRC she has like one line lol.

Is the second movie going to also go into the events of Messiah (which to be fair I have no read)? Or is there planned to be a sequel covering its events (considering that Paul becomes big Hitler in the sky in it I kind of doubt it) Because unless it is they could get basically anyone to play these complete nothingburger characters and it would not matter.

ares834
Simple. It's because I enjoy the characters. The length and importance of the role is irrelevant to me. If it's a character I like I want them done right (or what I consider right). On the other hand, if it's a character I don't particularly care for, like Feyd-Rautha, that I don't have a problem with them changing them up. And, yes, Irulan has a far larger role in the latter books and they have talked about potentially creating a movie adaptation of Messiah.

playa1258
Irulan could be in her casual dress and wear more regal clothing later on.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Simple. It's because I enjoy the characters. The length and importance of the role is irrelevant to me. If it's a character I like I want them done right (or what I consider right). On the other hand, if it's a character I don't particularly care for, like Feyd-Rautha, that I don't have a problem with them changing them up. And, yes, Irulan has a far larger role in the latter books and they have talked about potentially creating a movie adaptation of Messiah.

IOW: If Dune parts 1 & 2 bring in enough money

Which I hope they do, love to see a twp part of Dune Messiah.

Robtard
Kind of amazing how people are so concerned about what complete non-characters like the Emperor and Irulan are going to look like. The Emperor shows up at the very end of the book to be made to look like a complete moron by Paul. I don't know why Walken can't play such an insignificant role. With Irulan there's even less there in the first book; IIRC she has like one line lol.

Is the second movie going to also go into the events of Messiah (which to be fair I have no read)? Or is there planned to be a sequel covering its events (considering that Paul becomes big Hitler in the sky in it I kind of doubt it) Because unless it is they could get basically anyone to play these complete nothingburger characters and it would not matter.

I believe the two films are just covering Dune.

Maybe a hint of Messiah at the very end, or en credits scene, as a teaser to a possible sequel.

Patient_Leech
Denis V. has stated that the ultimate plan is to round out a Trilogy, the third film being the 2nd book, Messiah. It's actually a pretty short book. I honestly wonder how they'd stretch it out into a feature-length film. Seems it might need some adjusting.

But anyway, yes, he wants the actors to age a bit between films 2 and 3, though, as I think 10-12 years passes between the two books.

Robtard
Chamalet is 27, he'd be the right age if they starting filming now.

Make it happen, PL.

Patient_Leech
Chamalet is 27, he'd be the right age if they starting filming now.

Make it happen, PL.

Lol, but I mean, he still looks so young. So does Chani, too, for that matter... blanking on her name at the moment... fu#k.. *looks it up*.. Zendaya!

playa1258
First trailer tomorrow

Robtard
Lol, but I mean, he still looks so young. So does Chani, too, for that matter... blanking on her name at the moment... fu#k.. *looks it up*.. Zendaya!

Bit of makeup and he'd look mid to late 20s easy.

Patient_Leech
First trailer tomorrow

I'm planning to limit myself to just the first half of the trailer.

I doubt they'd be revealing TOO much at this point, though, because it's not out until November.

Robtard
Way9Dexny3w

playa1258
Going to shit on the Marvel's hard

Jaden_3.0
As much as it'll look spectacular, as pt1 did, it would do much at the box office ($500m as an estimate) because it's just too hard sci-fi for general audiences.

Looking forward to what Villeneuve will do with Cleopatra and Rendezvous with Rama.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm liking forward to the prequel trilogy, the Butlerian Jihad and the rise of Chat gtp

Robtard
While Butler looks creepy bald and no eyebrows, still wish they had giving him hair and made Feyd look like the proper pretty-boy, in stark contrast to his brother and uncle. I think Lynch's film got the contrast right the first time around.

Patient_Leech
Watched the first 45 seconds.

I don't feel the need for more.

Will wait until November.

Robtard
Watched the first 45 seconds.

I don't feel the need for more.

Will wait until November.

But at the 00:47 marker you get to see Zendaya's butthole.

Patient_Leech
But at the 00:47 marker you get to see Zendaya's butthole.

Probably just looks like the mouth of a sandworm.

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/64e/9a4/e5d20214b1febe68983c2781f9b6c88fc2-worm-.rsquare.w700.jpg

Robtard
Bit more pink, but yeah

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/F57zs8J/lccosplay.jpg

Robtard
One of his best, yet so simple.

Jaden_3.0
wM3PGU3dnao

Patient_Leech
My friend tells me there is a little bit of Walken as the Emperor.

Jaden_3.0
There is.

playa1258
I've been stroking to the trailer all day.

Galan007
One of the few movies I'm actually looking forward to. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I enjoyed 1, it wasn't the first half of the book really, but, it was clearly a labour of love.

playa1258
This film will wipe its ass with The Marvels. Disney should write that pile of shit off as a tax write off Batgirl style.

Patient_Leech
Ladies and gentlemen, your Emperor...

wCDIYvFmgW8

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
One of the few movies I'm actually looking forward to. thumb up

If it turns out to be even half as entertaining as part 1, then it'll be worth the wait thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Ladies and gentlemen, your Emperor...

wCDIYvFmgW8 Takes me back, for me his greatest role will always be Nick in the Deer Hunter.

Robtard
My second most looking forward too movie of 2023, behind Oppenheimer.

Patient_Leech
My second most looking forward too movie of 2023, behind Oppenheimer.

I cannot wait to get balls deep into the rest of this Sci-fi masterpiece. droolio

NemeBro
Dune's trash

StiltmanFTW
Dune's trash

Superman is trash.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Superman is trash.

That's very much true. Which will make it all the more impressive if James Gunn can make a good film with him.

Patient_Leech
Fuuuuuuuuuuck, it's delayed until 2024.

It was supposed to come out around my birthday. 😩

Robtard
God damn casualty of the strikes.

jaden_2.0
Only in the sense that it's essentially impossible to promote without press tours by the actors and director. The movie's finished. They just don't want it to lose money because the 1st one barely scraped a profit.

rudester
Micheal Myers would have been perfect as the emperor in his fat bastard suit

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Only in the sense that it's essentially impossible to promote without press tours by the actors and director. The movie's finished. They just don't want it to lose money because the 1st one barely scraped a profit.

Whatever the cause, it's a god damn travesty.

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
Micheal Myers would have been perfect as the emperor in his fat bastard suit

You're thinking of Baron Harkonnen, he's the fat one.

Emperor Saddam was described as a slender man with thin features. Like a bird of prey. Charles Dance should have been cast as the Emperor, he'd have been perfect, even though in the book the Emperor looks half his age.

rudester
I getchu. Maybe he will be okay, we will see

rudester
Didn't they have red hair and each house had there own particular colors

StiltmanFTW
Charles Dance should have been cast as the Emperor, he'd have been perfect, even though in the book the Emperor looks half his age.

Charles at 76 looks better than 99.99% Americans at 25:

https://i.ibb.co/XXf0qvD/methode.jpg

He'd beat you both in a gym and in a Star Trek quiz battle thumb up

Patient_Leech
I would have been totally pleased with Charles Dance as the Emperor. He's one of the few who probably would have been better than Walken. Hugo Weaving would have been potentially another.

StiltmanFTW
I would have been totally pleased with Charles Dance as the Emperor. He's one of the few who probably would have been better than Walken. Hugo Weaving would have been potentially another.

thumb up

I agree. But I think we shouldn't complain. Villeneuve more than earned our trust with Part One.

Patient_Leech
thumb up

I agree. But I think we shouldn't complain. Villeneuve more than earned our trust with Part One.

Oh yes. After seeing several of his other films and Dune Pt 1, I consider Villeneuve practically a cinema GOD. In Villeneuve I trust.

Robtard
Charles at 76 looks better than 99.99% Americans at 25:

https://i.ibb.co/XXf0qvD/methode.jpg

He'd beat you both in a gym and in a Star Trek quiz battle thumb up

He does

Not in the gym, but I also work out regularly and he's over 25 years older.

Is he a known Trekkie?

playa1258
****ing writers strike

StiltmanFTW
He does

Not in the gym, but I also work out regularly and he's over 25 years older.

thumb up

Is he a known Trekkie?

Nah, I was just messing with you.

Though he did compare the GoT fans to SW/ST ones once:

https://i.ibb.co/L65hwjm/quote-i-ve-done-a-couple-of-fan-conventions-and-the-fans-are-legion-they-re-rather-like-star-charles.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/game-of-thrones/9961779/Game-of-Thrones-Charles-Dance-interview-I-treat-Peter-Dinklage-appallingly.html

Robtard
LoL, an offhanded compliment to uber-fans.

Patient_Leech
Lol

roughrider
thumb up

Perhaps, but I wonder why 8000 years in the future, one thing everyone does without is interior lighting. It's bright outside, but all the interior rooms are as dimly lit as caves. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden_2.0
U2Qp5pL3ovA?si=MZt_fsvXWJQaj_O0

ares834
Looks great. thumb up

Though Chani bitching about the prophecy seems kinda strange considering it serves as the foundation of Paul's power.

playa1258
Paul is a better fighter than any MCU Avenger.

I just busted a hot load to this trailer.

Robtard
Looks amazing.

I feel bad for the people that didn't allow themselves to enjoy the first one and won't allow themselves to enjoy this one sad

riv6672
God that looks boring af.

playa1258
It's ok Bane still dies

NemeBro
U2Qp5pL3ovA?si=MZt_fsvXWJQaj_O0 Looks like shit. thumb up

riv6672
It's ok Bane still dies
^^^Something something unnecessary MCU comparison.

Patient_Leech
I've accidently seen a few images from the trailer, and yeah, looks fan-****ing-tastic.

Massive sci-fi boners becumming engorged...

Robtard
Bro, he's totally the Kwisatz Haderach. Totally.

playa1258
Little over a month before Disney Star Wars fans commit mass suicide

Patient_Leech
Why would Disney Star Wars fans do such a thing?

My nerd loins are on fire for this.

But I fear I'm going to be a bit busy around the time this comes out (we'll likely be moving), so I hope I'm still able to find some time to get out and see it.

playa1258
Due to the quality. The first film won 6 academy awards while Disney Star Wars is more worried about putting a chick in their films and making them lame gay and lame.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, we're lucky complaints of the "White Savior" motif didn't cancel a Dune Reboot.

(I know it's actually the opposite of that, but you don't know that until Dune Messiah)

playa1258
Messiah will turn the whole savior thing on its ass. Paul is no hero.

Robtard
Due to the quality. The first film won 6 academy awards while Disney Star Wars is more worried about putting a chick in their films and making them lame gay and lame.

Your incel is coming out again. Tuck him back in, okay?

Ray being female didn't wreck the new SW trilogy, being unoriginal and bad writing did. If Rey had been a a dude named Ray instead, he still would have been a rip-off of Luke, Jakku a ripoff of Tatooine, the First Order a ripoff of the Empire, Luke a broken loser, rehashing the same main villain etc. etc. etc.

Bashar Teg

playa1258
Rob stop making sense or something

playa1258
Early ticket sales crashed AMC. Anyway seeing this on February 25th

Patient_Leech
The IMAX posters I've seen for this kick ass...

https://www.reddit.com/r/dune/comments/19epylq/dune_part_two_imax_poster/

https://www.reddit.com/r/imax/comments/1abn6e2/imax_70mm_poster_for_dune_part_two/

playa1258
**** yeah!

jaden_2.0
First one looks like demonic giant Pingu is nooting the planet.

Patient_Leech
https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/MCDDUPA_WB041.jpg

https://deadline.com/gallery/dune-part-two-posters-photos/rev-1-dun2-27779rv2_high_res_jpeg/

lianass
good

Patient_Leech
My friend tells me there is some sort of sand worm clip and says this is going to be pretty killer in IMAX.

I'm not sure what video it is, though, and I don't want to go looking for it too hard...

Patient_Leech
Ok, I watched it and it's *chef's kiss*

Starts at 30 seconds or so into the video...

qfuGmXb_ACs?si=WTq3HrTvv92GpmKS

NemeBro
Even a super genius who knows Dune blows ass like me thinks the Shai-Hulud are cool. thumb up

playa1258
You're hatred will chip and shatter.

NemeBro
You're hatred will chip and shatter. *your

jaden_2.0
Even a super genius who knows Dune blows ass like me thinks the Shai-Hulud are cool. thumb up

You blow ass?

NemeBro
You blow ass? ye

Patient_Leech
Man, Javier Bardem as Stilgar just absolutely embodies the role in that scene. And the sound is so effective and immersive. It's going to be a massive IMAX experience.

Long live Denis Villeneuve!!

Bashar Teg
DCZxOPC2h8c?si=fs1Mhlcheh4K8O4e

playa1258
*your

Haha yep

playa1258
Social media reactions are out and they are amazing.

Patient_Leech

playa1258
Lots of reactions calling it a masterpiece.

Patient_Leech
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/dune-part-two-first-reactions-the-definitive-sci-fi-epic-of-a-generation/

What's amusing and kind of frustrating is people comparing it to the first one. I mean, the first one wasn't finished. It's the set-up without the finish. It's not like it's some improvised sequel... it's the rest of the story.

but I guess there's bound to be some clueless people out there...

riv6672

playa1258
It true that some couldn't get over part 1 only be part of the story.

It's ok they can go watch trash like Disney Star Wars.

playa1258
Reviews are out. ****ing stellar.

Robtard
My boner is ready. Let it come.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, reviews are through the ****ing roof.

I just got tickets for the fan premiere Sunday the 25th. I didn't know about it until today!

Robtard
How did you pull off this eldritch witchery?

I only see tickets for the day before for early shows.

Patient_Leech
I don't know much about it, except that it's a single show on the 25th at 7 pm. IMAX only.

Some special early fan premiere. My city usually sucks, but at least we have an IMAX screen. (it's inferior to other IMAX screens I've seen).

I mean, it makes sense and is only fair, since it was supposed to come out in NOVEMBER ffs!

playa1258
I'm going on the 25th also. There might be screenings avaliable just checking your local cinema

Patient_Leech
Shit, I haven't even seen a trailer. But I did watch Paul riding the Sandworm scene and it got me pretty hyped because it was superb.

StiltmanFTW
@Leech & Rob.

You remember that fan-edt of the original Dune movie that we talked about some time ago?

What was it called? Spicediver's version, I think?

Robtard
@Leech & Rob.

You remember that fan-edt of the original Dune movie that we talked about some time ago?

What was it called? Spicediver's version, I think?

vJykw3H4PDw&ab

StiltmanFTW
Thank you thumb up

Patient_Leech
I think that's the version I watched a few years ago because my friend suggested it.

Shit, I haven't seen the actual Lynch edit in probably 20+ years.

Robtard
I've not watched Spice Diver, I just might this week.

Patient_Leech
**** it, I just re-watched Part 1 again in preparation.

My body is ready. Part 2 is gonna rock.

Patient_Leech
F*ck, it's great.

It's the first time I've been genuinely impressed with and enjoyed IMAX, the nuance with the sound effects and music. And the visuals here are of course spectacular. Incredibly well done. Denis is a cinema god and makes it seem so effortless. God. Damn.

Part One truly is the appetizer and Part Two is the main course.

playa1258
Amazing film that won't be topped this year. Disney Star Wars is bargin bin trash compared to this.

Patient_Leech
Oh yeah, in fact that is how I described it to my wife after it was over: it's like Star Wars, but not for kids and written better. So basically like Star Wars, but doesn't suck.

The only movie this year that is likely to even come close to this is Furiosa.

playa1258
The lasguns shit all over SW blasters. Agreed about Furiosa. I expect it to be good considering what it's following.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>