"My Body is Growing" controversy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Recent news has it that a book aimed at toddlers from 4-8 has inappropriate sexual content.

Having first looked up the author and found she's done fairly typical work like "I won't go with strangers", I assumed this "controversy" was typical clickbait overreacting, until I read the article and spotted this passage:

That does seem a but much.

Tbh, this kind of thing more confuses me then triggers any anger. Who approved this, and how did someone not think to slow down and really think about who their audience is here?

Robtard
I'd not want my 4-8 year old reading that.

Funny enough, stuff like this is deemed appropriate for all ages by Christians:

Genesis 19:30-38

30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

37 And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Good old fashioned drunken rape and incest and incest babies for the whole family to read smile

Adam_PoE
Just a reminder, that god deemed Lot and his family the only righteous people in Sodom, and worthy of being saved from its destruction.

So men threatening to rape angels is a mortal sin wothy of destroying a city and all of its inhabitants, but daughters drugging and raping their father is a stairway to Heaven.

Robtard
Oh, god, smiting the masses to punish the few.

But couldn't the angels have just defended their own buttholes with their angle-powers? What's the point of being an angel if you can't even do that.

Adam_PoE
The angels temporarily blinded them with their light powers and escaped. But the threat of violence from a few justified the totally proportionate response of destroying the entire city with fire from the sky.

The actual incestuous gang rape was totally cool though, because it was heterosexual.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd not want my 4-8 year old reading that.

Funny enough, stuff like this is deemed appropriate for all ages by Christians:

Genesis 19:30-38

30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

37 And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

Good old fashioned drunken rape and incest and incest babies for the whole family to read smile

Good old Lot. Got so plastered on a single bottle of wine that he can't remember anything AND avoided liquor dick.

Truly, a blessed miracle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.