Shazam vs. Homelander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Shazam (DCEU) vs. Homelander (The Boys)

Who wins?

Impediment
I'm leaning towards Shazam.

Robtard
Shazam has greater feats from what I recall, but I googled "Homelander's greatest feats" to see if I've forgptton some of the highter one, I got this hit:

"Able to put a dickhole in a human head and destroy a desk by throwing it with one arm"

I'm sure it's from the comic, but laughing

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Robtard
Shazam has greater feats from what I recall, but I googled "Homelander's greatest feats" to see if I've forgptton some of the highter one, I got this hit:

"Able to put a dickhole in a human head and destroy a desk by throwing it with one arm"

I'm sure it's from the comic, but laughing That's really random lmfao.

Why were those mentioned specifically?

Robtard
There was a list of feats that came up, that one was just WTF why.

NemeBro
Yeah he ****s the president's skull in the comic.

Shazam's feats of strength and durability aren't particularly above Homelander's but he is substantially faster so he should win handily.

ShadowFyre
I'm trying to remember what shazam's actual strength Feats are he caught a car or a bus or something

NemeBro
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm trying to remember what shazam's actual strength Feats are he caught a car or a bus or something He caught a falling bus without too much trouble and should scale to Pedro, who handled a ferris wheel.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm trying to remember what shazam's actual strength Feats are he caught a car or a bus or something

He casually finger flicked a steel garbage can with such a force that it got crush on a wall 50-60ft away. The feat too multiple tons of strength to do. But the kicker is that he only used a tiny fraction of his strength to do the feat.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
He casually finger flicked a steel garbage can with such a force that it got crush on a wall 50-60ft away. The feat too multiple tons of strength to do. But the kicker is that he only used a tiny fraction of his strength to do the feat.

I have no memory of this extraordinary feat. Do you have a clip?

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
He caught a falling bus without too much trouble and should scale to Pedro, who handled a ferris wheel.

Weren't they individually weaker as the family due to Shazam's power being split among six heroes instead of focused on just one?

Or am I thinking of the comics maybe.

KingD19
The Power Sharing didn't weaken Billy, it was just his siblings got 1 primary power and the rest of their abilities were at a normal level comparatively speaking. Nobody was as fast as the sister, and nobody was as atrong as Pedro for instance. And I believe Freddy got the lightning.

NemeBro
Freddy got flight, his asian stepbro got the lightning.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I have no memory of this extraordinary feat. Do you have a clip? uX4u_9_KdxY

About twelve seconds in.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
The Power Sharing didn't weaken Billy, it was just his siblings got 1 primary power and the rest of their abilities were at a normal level comparatively speaking. Nobody was as fast as the sister, and nobody was as atrong as Pedro for instance. And I believe Freddy got the lightning.

Okay, cool thumb up

KingD19
It might not seem like much, but Shazam has also thrown a football into space. I can't even calculate how much force it takes to propel a football past the atmosphere and beyond orbit.

Also if I recall, Stormfront's plasma/electrical bolts left noticeable damage on Homelander even if it was mostly cosmetic. I'm sure sustained lightning from Billy will mess him up as it's actual lightning he can shoot from his hands and summon from the sky as well.

Robtard
Considering the ball wasn't propelled by a rocket (or other sustained force), it'd need to be traveling at least fast enough to break Earth's escape velocity, which is 11.2 km (6.96 miles) per second.

Pretty sure that's how that would work.

edit: Might want to ask someone like Astner, I know he's Swedish and they're an awfully difficult race to deal with, but he seems to know his sciencer stuff pretty well

NemeBro
Yeah that's the minimum speed the ball would be traveling, so about mach 32.6.

Also falls well below his actual speed given his and Darla's feats.

Granted, a football traveling at escape velocity only has a force of about 5.25 tons so bluntly Homelander could likely replicate it, though that's not accounting for things like drag because no one wants to do that much ****ing work.

h1a8
Originally posted by Robtard
Considering the ball wasn't propelled by a rocket (or other sustained force), it'd need to be traveling at least fast enough to break Earth's escape velocity, which is 11.2 km (6.96 miles) per second.

Pretty sure that's how that would work.

edit: Might want to ask someone like Astner, I know he's Swedish and they're an awfully difficult race to deal with, but he seems to know his sciencer stuff pretty well

In reality it's impossible to do such things. The football would be destroyed long before it leaves the atmosphere.

Assuming a sufficiently durable football then it would take at minimum millions of tons of force, mostly to defeat drag forces.
Remember the force of drag is proportional to the square of speed.
So a football moving at 11.2km/s would experience a drag force so strong that it's speed will reduce to 0 almost instantly.
In other words, the moment you release the ball at 11.2km/s it stops dead in its tracks a fraction of a second later.

You have to throw the ball with relativistic speeds (which complicates matters). I did a general calculation using differential equations many years ago.

NemeBro
Shut up h1

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up h1
He becerlistens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.