Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot 1 and 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Oh god, I hope this falls apart.

The Rock set to replace Johnny Depp

Did they learn nothing from that awful Jungle Cruise?

I know The Rock was inspired early on by Pirates of the Caribbean and his goal was to be in something like it. Well, good for him achieving his goal, but goddammit, not good for us fans. thumb down

Khazra Reborn
Huge mistake. There is absolutely no way the rock can pull off Jack Sparrow. If they insist on including him a new character would be fine. Trying to get him to play Jack Sparrow might legitimately be the worst miscasting in recent memory.

Patient_Leech
Oh, I don't think he'd actually be playing Jack Sparrow (that would be the dumbest thing ever). I assume it would just be another main character in a reboot of the franchise.

But it's still painful to think about. 🤦‍♂️

Khazra Reborn

Patient_Leech

Estacado
The Rock should be in every movie ever.

riv6672

Impediment
The Rock is to movies what Steve Zahn is to movies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Did they learn nothing from that awful Jungle Cruise?

Huh?...Jungle Cruise was good, Not sure what you were expecting from it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Huh?...Jungle Cruise was good, Not sure what you were expecting from it.

It sucked and it sucked hard.

Robtard
Jungle Cruise was kinda fun I thought, even if it was a very lazy ripoff of PoTC. But I also have a crush on Emily Blunt.

But they're absolutely going to keep the PoTC franchise alive, as it's highly lucrative, a couple of the films crossed the billion mark.

They shouldn't reboot or recast Jack Sparrow, just keep writing increasingly worse installments to the story. Maybe PoTC in space. The Fast and Furious franchise did space, so why not.

Darth Thor
Will have to see how lucrative a franchise it is though without Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow.

Estacado
Captain Jacked Sparrow. biscuits

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Will have to see how lucrative a franchise it is though without Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow.

True, but TBF, Dwayne Johnson brings in the crowds himself. He's huge in Asia smile

Especially in China. Damn, I did it twice.

Robtard
Originally posted by Estacado
Captain Jacked Sparrow. biscuits

^Nice

Darth Thor
Oh the Rock is the bigger movie star in that he will bring a crowd to any film. But it seems like the main attraction to this franchise was Captain Jack Sparrow. And it was Depp who made that character. More so that the writers/creators.

But will see what Rock can do with this. Is Margot Robbie still involved ?

Robtard
No idea, didn't even watch the last PoTC, got sick of the franchise after #2.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
No idea, didn't even watch the last PoTC, got sick of the franchise after #2. I beat you, sick after 1. Shit films.

Old Man Whirly!
True, but TBF, Dwayne Johnson brings in the crowds himself. He's huge in Asia smile

Especially in China. Damn, I did it twice. Big in Japan? shifty

Patient_Leech
No idea, didn't even watch the last PoTC, got sick of the franchise after #2.

Yet you like Jungle Cruise. Smh

Patient_Leech

But will see what Rock can do with this. Is Margot Robbie still involved ?

It's a little unclear, but my understanding is that there are two separate spin-offs/reboots in the works. One has Margot Robbie and now apparently the other has The Rock. Something like that.

Ugh, if it's a female reboot/spinoff I'm going to blow chunks at the TV. Hopefully all over their t!ts, making them wet and sexy. That's the only way I'd want a female spin off is a lesbo prono parody.

Robtard
Yet you like Jungle Cruise. Smh

I said it was kinda fun, for being a lazy PoTC ripoff. Not something I'd watch again.

Patient_Leech
I thought it COULD have been fun if it weren't such a tacky and shameless try-hard Disney crapfest. Lazy PotC rip-off is a pretty accurate description. It didn't have anything like the fun character actor ensemble that the PotC films have. Instead it was The Rock. *yawn*

I don't even hate the Rock. I think he actually can act and has good charisma. But it's always the same and works for certain films, but he certainly isn't worthy of replacing Johnny Depp.

Darth Thor
Depps won his defamation trial. Just bring him back to POTC now !

Robtard
They should write his ordeal into the PoTC 6 script, from the defamation, to the abuse, to the literal shitting of the bed.

Patient_Leech
Depps won his defamation trial. Just bring him back to POTC now !

Unfortunately I think he has disowned Disney, or at least the franchise due to their treatment of him.

If I remember correctly something about he "wouldn't do it for $300 million and a million alpacas."

Something like that.

Darth Thor
sad

Patient_Leech
They should write his ordeal into the PoTC 6 script, from the defamation, to the abuse, to the literal shitting of the bed.

That would actually be pretty awesome. It could be some intense relationship with a crazed whore and a big montage of all the main events. It could be totally obvious references to what happened, breaking the 4th wall. A shame it'll probably never happen.

Ridley_Prime
Unfortunately I think he has disowned Disney, or at least the franchise due to their treatment of him.

If I remember correctly something about he "wouldn't do it for $300 million and a million alpacas."

Something like that.
I heard about this or something along the lines of that unfortunately, and under the circumstances, I can't really blame him. He's gotta have some kind of movie plans eventually though now that he's back in business.

As far as this PotC reboot, I have little interest. I'm apparently one of the few here that likes Dwayne, but he could never replace Depp/Sparrow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.