Depp wins trial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Thoughts?

shiv
Y.J. Quote Metamorpho: On the rope ladder on the helicopter lifting up off the island: Woo Hoo!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by shiv
Y.J. Quote Metamorpho: On the rope ladder on the helicopter lifting up off the island: Woo Hoo! hi CDthumb up

Darth Thor
Looking forward to his next film. Want him in another big franchise.

Ambers career is screwed. Which is a shame given she was by far the best visual effect in Aquaman.

Patient_Leech
Glad he won.

This can and should transcend political bias. But you still see the bias in headlines for the verdict.

She's a liar and a hoaxer. She deserves worse. I followed the case pretty closely.

jaden_2.0
She'd still get it absolutely rotten every which way.

Patient_Leech
The hilarious thing about it is that Amber Heard was her own worst enemy...

She could have easily toned down her accusations and made them believable to a jury, but she's such an obnoxious and vindictive narcissist that she had to make Depp out to be not just abusive, but the worst possible monster, so slamming her around, breaking her nose, raping her with a bottle so that she bled from the vagina, etc. And obviously none of her images even remotely demonstrated any of that, and she had zero medical records for anything. Her exaggerations and lies ruined her credibility, so obviously the jury concluded that she was hoaxing. And not only that, but she didn't really own up to anything, so she seemed to claim that she was perfectly innocent, when all the audio tapes told the opposite story. So clearly she was manipulating Johnny. On the flip side Johnny came across as real and owned up to flaws and mistakes. Mean texts are not the same as actual violence. Neither is destroying inanimate objects.

But it's disturbing how easy it would actually be to fake this stuff and make it believable to a jury. If you're not Amber Heard, of course.

Robtard
Glad he won, she's a deplorable liar.

One of her biggest sins though, is giving the dudebro nation and all of inceldom ammo against real victims of abuse. Cos believe me, you're going to hear "just another Amber". So **** her for that too.

Patient_Leech
It IS a terrible detriment to real victims of abuse, yes.

Just wait for the Marilyn Manson case...

That's REALLY going to destroy all credibility for the MeToo movement, because it is a GROUP of women exploiting the "believe all women" dogma.

Robtard
IIRC, "believe all women" wasn't some carte blanche check that all women who claim abuse are victims as fact, just that they should be heard and not silenced.

Patient_Leech
Fair enough, but it was still largely dogmatized politically.

And it prevented many from hearing and believing Johnny Depp's side of the story.

NemeBro
idc

BruceSkywalker
f7ck amber turd and f8ck wb if they do not finally fire the wh0re c8nt

Bashar Teg
"reeeeeeeee"

Old Man Whirly!
Personally I still think Amber is hot and would enjoy her beating me as long as she left no marks. The online misogyny has been weird as ****. But that's 2022.

Blakemore
zQVqpddvq6o Interesting perspective.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Robtard
IIRC, "believe all women" wasn't some carte blanche check that all women who claim abuse are victims as fact, just that they should be heard and not silenced.

Definitely no victims need to be blamed or silenced. That seems to follow easily enough.

It gets push back though because of rhetoric from people with questionable motives (celebrities and political figures of dubious, creepy morals) and also because baseless accusations are extremely powerful in some cases (which makes men in particular feel uneasy).

You want to believe people when they say they have been victims, because the idea of ignoring a victim and letting them suffer (and some ******* get away with a crime) is axiomatically wrong. But it's a tread carefully situation, because hearsay is not conclusive evidence, and people can and have been punished wrongly. I wish I knew an easier solution for the issue.

That being said, the moment I saw Amber Heard in Zombieland, I was convinced she was a sociopath. I mean, who talks like that? She sounds like a monster trying to emote like a human being. It's a telltale sign.

Blakemore
Zombieland, great film.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Personally I still think Amber is hot and would enjoy her beating me as long as she left no marks. The online misogyny has been weird as ****. But that's 2022.

The overt casual misogyny has been downright vile.

Patient_Leech
No beauty is worth that much crazy.

There's plenty of other beautiful women that aren't crazy.

C'mon, Whirl. You should know that.

Jmanghan
WOOO!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
No beauty is worth that much crazy.

There's plenty of other beautiful women that aren't crazy.

C'mon, Whirl. You should know that. I would sell my story if I banged Amber... and maybe the srx tape. shiftyOriginally posted by Bashar Teg
The overt casual misogyny has been downright vile. Yup, it has. The thing in seriousness about domestic cases and rape cases etc. Is the only people who really know most of the time are the two people present.

Robtard
Originally posted by Blakemore
Zombieland, great film.

Didn't realize Amber Heard was in it for a bit role.

Patient_Leech
I didn't realize she was in Zombieland either. I didn't know who she was at the time, I guess.

cdtm
I'm conflicted on this.

The UK case "hinged" partly on Depp PMing everyone that he hurt his own finger in an accordion door, and a surgeon corroborated that his injury was not consistent with a thrown bottle.

That doesn't mean I think Heard wasn't lying about anything else, but it does call into question how much of Depp's side is reliable, as the severed finger is a pretty big deal.

StiltmanFTW
The finger wasn't actually severed, though.

It was a minor cut and it healed nicely.

Only American celebs have the time for such nonsense.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The finger wasn't actually severed, though.

It was a minor cut and it healed nicely.

Only American celebs have the time for such nonsense.

And here I was assuming the tip actually flew off. laughing out loud 😳

StiltmanFTW
A tiny portion of it:

https://i.ibb.co/3ssxQGC/SEI-61936460.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sJtVxX1/image.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/6H8WxrW/bpanews-cb01ad97-5eab-47aa-aa2d-f8b6975682a8-1.jpg

-Pr-
Thoughts?

I really wish I could believe that this whole thing signals a change in how society will perceive male victims of domestic violence.

But it won't, I don't think.

Bashar Teg
I have a very similar scar (almost identical in shape/angle/position/length) on my index finger, from cutting mat board during a late night class project. Finger was pretty much split longways, like a mouth that puked blood when it opened. well over a quarter inch deep, very messy, and wow did it sting

my point: you have to look very close at it, in a certain light, to even notice. pretty sure depp's finger got extremely f*cked up.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really wish I could believe that this whole thing signals a change in how society will perceive male victims of domestic violence.

Here's the thing about people:

We're AWFUL at using abstract reasoning with social concerns.

I mean, logically you'd think feminism would also act to tear down gender stereotypes of masculinity, but nope, somehow negative stereotypes against women having sex or working are addressed, while all the stereotypes about guys remain intact.

Why is career advancement and sex conquest the way we still define men?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm

I mean, logically you'd think feminism would also act to tear down gender stereotypes of masculinity, but nope, somehow negative stereotypes against women having sex or working are addressed, while all the stereotypes about guys remain intact.

Why is career advancement and sex conquest the way we still define men? durpoop

jaden_2.0

Why is career advancement and sex conquest the way we still define men?

Because you spend countless hours watching "Alpha grindset" cringe videos on YouTube?

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Because you spend countless hours watching "Alpha grindset" cringe videos on YouTube?

Sounds more like a Tiktok thing.

Seriously though, the career thing transcends idealogy over here. Stay at home parents are shamed, achievement in the marketplace is not a choice, but a status symbol.

From allegedly "hard hearted" conservatives, maybe I can expect that, but to see self proclaimed compassionate leftists shame someone for working at Wendy's or packing groceries?

Not to say achievement isn't a mark of pride, it absolutely is and should be, but the left is also supposed to be against social stigma and social class. A mechanic or a secretary has no cause to bow before the doctor or lawyer, according to traditional leftist philosophy.

Kind of flies in the face of how left leaning people in the US actually behave when you get to know them.

Old Man Whirly!

Seriously though, the career thing transcends idealogy over here. Stay at home parents are shamed, achievement in the marketplace is not a choice, but a status symbol.

From allegedly "hard hearted" conservatives, maybe I can expect that, but to see self proclaimed compassionate leftists shame someone for working at Wendy's or packing groceries?

Not to say achievement isn't a mark of pride, it absolutely is and should be, but the left is also supposed to be against social stigma and social class. A mechanic or a secretary has no cause to bow before the doctor or lawyer, according to traditional leftist philosophy.

Kind of flies in the face of how left leaning people in the US actually behave when you get to know them. Tl:dr durpoop

jaden_2.0

Kind of flies in the face of how left leaning people in the US actually behave when you get to know them.

You know who worries about stuff like that? Insecure people who are deeply unhappy with their own lives.

-Pr-

^ That part of your post? Fine.

That part? Not so much. And not really on topic either.

Adam_PoE

I think it has killed "believe women," which was a stupid mantra in the first place. It should have been "take accusations seriously." Not only because it is gender-neutral, but because it places the emphasis on investigating allegations, instead of reflexively believing them.

cdtm
^ That part of your post? Fine.

That part? Not so much. And not really on topic either.

It's about gender stereotypes.

A woman can work instead of be a homemaker, but a man MUST be a breadwinner or be considered a failure.

On the specific topic of women abusing men, the fact many don't buy it comes down to gender stereotypes. Either they blame the man for provoking it, or they consider a man pathetic if he can't "take it like a man".

Patient_Leech
It's about gender stereotypes.

A woman can work instead of be a homemaker, but a man MUST be a breadwinner or be considered a failure.

Wth are you even rambling about? There are stay-at-home dads.

cdtm
Wth are you even rambling about? There are stay-at-home dads.

And plenty of leftists who look down on them in private.

You'd know this if you knew any American leftists, and been in social situations with them as I have.

Basically every bigoted stereotype you attribute to the "Right" is only a thing because the Left keeps it to themselves. The "I make jokes about Mexicans and gays all the time, but I don't mean it. THEY do" mentality.

cdtm
Look, lets not split hairs or make this into another right/left thing. I thought I was talking common knowledge here.

But stick to this one point:

A man is looked down on if he gets beat up by a woman.

Do we agree on this point?

This is my personal experience for the record. Plenty of people regardless of idealogy seem to subscribe to a narrative of masculinity being obligated to "suck it up" if attacked.

Bashar Teg
durpoop

it's endless

cdtm
Funny how Bash always interrupts when I make a halfway fair point.

The rest of you, opinion:

Look, lets not split hairs or make this into another right/left thing. I thought I was talking common knowledge here.

This is my personal experience for the record. Plenty of people regardless of idealogy seem to subscribe to a narrative of masculinity being obligated to "suck it up" if attacked.

Am I right or not?

Bashar Teg
Funny how Bash always interrupts when I make a halfway fair point.

The rest of you, opinion:

Am I right or not?

endless durpoop

Old Man Whirly!

This is my personal experience for the record. Plenty of people regardless of idealogy seem to subscribe to a narrative of masculinity being obligated to "suck it up" if attacked. Tl:dr durpoop

Trocity
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
The overt casual misogyny has been downright vile.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bashar Teg
"reeeeee"

Old Man Whirly!
Amber is appealing and not just to me.

Patient_Leech
Amber is appealing and not just to me.

laughing out loud

Of course she is. She's unstoppably delusional. She believes her own lies and is still "fighting for women"! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
It's her right to appeal, it likely won't go anywhere and she'll end up having to pay.

jaden_2.0
It's her right to appeal, it likely won't go anywhere and she'll end up having to pay.

Depp says he's happy to not get paid the settlement because it wasn't about the money. She can't pay it anyway. She doesn't have the money. (She'll probably take a leaf out of the Bella Thorne playbook and start an OnlyFans)

Robtard
Depp says he's happy to not get paid the settlement because it wasn't about the money. She can't pay it anyway. She doesn't have the money. (She'll probably take a leaf out of the Bella Thorne playbook and start an OnlyFans)

She can always use her Elon Musk card.

Whirly would defo subscribe to her Onlyfans.

Blakemore
Johnny Derp!

I made a funny. smile

Old Man Whirly!
She can always use her Elon Musk card.

Whirly would defo subscribe to her Onlyfans. You know it makes sense.

Patient_Leech
(She'll probably take a leaf out of the Bella Thorne playbook and start an OnlyFans)

Sadly, and to Whirly's great chagrin, I bet she wouldn't view Onlyfans as feminist enough. So she probably thinks she's above doing something like that.

Old Man Whirly!
Sadly, and to Whirly's great chagrin, I bet she wouldn't view Onlyfans as feminist enough. So she probably thinks she's above doing something like that. I still hold out hope she will. smile

Patient_Leech
WhzIVMBQD8g

Darth Thor
So hes dating the less hot one, and the one who lost his case. Well whatever floats his boat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.