Best era of comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Golden Age
Silver Age
Bronze Age
Late 80s - 90s (some call it the Dark Age)
Early 2000s
Modern Age

Explain why

Stoic

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whichever decade you first had to get into comics, so it varies. Nostalgia is powerful.

For me, it's the 90s.

For beatboks, the 50s

Carver, last week.

Dude111
I would say 30s-70s w/o question!!

MrMind
2020s, the woke era

CosmicComet
Silver age no doubt.

Galan007
Late 90s-early 2000s

Smurph
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998

Yes, we have the winner here.

lawest9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Silver age no doubt.

Old Man Whirly!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, we have the winner here. It must feel great to be Carver, imagine being able feel the joy of discovering comics again and again every week.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
It must feel great to be Carver, imagine being able feel the joy of discovering comics again and again every week.

Lmmfao

DarkSaint85
Oh sure, when others say it it's funny....

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You think Carver retains the information? I think he starts each and every day, a tabula rasa. That's why he's so chill when people insult him - it's literally the first time he's heard the insults.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
Late 90s-early 2000s this

cdtm
Modern age sucks donkey balls! Retread after retread after retread.

Retread of what? Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Sandman. All the classics, made in the 80's and 90's.

Plus the juggernaut Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came then. And Groo the Wanderer. And Usagi Yojimbo! And Cerebus the Aardvark.

The originals by Tom King or Scott Snyder or that ******* Geoff Johns don't hold a candle to the greats. NOT.A.CANDLE.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Silver age no doubt.

I grew up in with Byrne's Man of Steel and Marvel's Transformers, but I was able to read a stack of pre crisis comics at the dentist office, and he actually let me borrow some to take home (I always returned them, but I don't think he cared).

People complain about woke now, but looking back they were just as bad in their way. Except instead of woke, they were... poppy. All these bs pop culture references. Soap opera crap, MTV references, movies references. Really makes them feel incredibly dated now.

90's comics seemed to move away from that a bit, though they were still there. But there was more of a polished professionalism to them, less of the rough around the edges nerding out on whatever the writer wants, more of a focus on solid story telling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.