The Black Phone (2022)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
This is getting good reviews so far...

3eGP6im8AZA

Robtard
If bad shit happens when you pick up the phone, why pick up the f**king phone? White people, amirite!?

Patient_Leech
To be honest I haven't even watched the trailer, just have heard good things.

Might just wait and see without watching the trailer.

Quincy

riv6672

Estacado
I though it was ok.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Estacado
I though it was ok.

That's it? That's your review?

BruceSkywalker
is this worth watching

rudester
8/10

It was entertaining as serial killer movies go. Very comparable to the movie, Lovely Bones. Not enough carnage, not enough supernatural, but just enough to get you by.

No spoilers. I wouldn't consider this a horror movie, more of a timid thriller. Something you'd watch while eating dinner but not watch twice.

Patient_Leech
I watched this. It's really good. The supernatural stuff turned me off at first, but by the end I wasn't too bothered by it. I think you can attribute it to trauma hallucinations or something.

I found the relationship between the brother and sister very charming. Maybe it helps that I have two kids and it reminded me of them a little.

Solid film. I also give it 8/10. But a less mediocre recommendation than rudester.. haha. Maybe 8-9/10. It's very well done.

BruceSkywalker
Might watch next week

Jmanghan
The villain is cringe.

"I'll scratch your face."

"This face? -Basks-"

Nah man that just turned me off to the movie lol.

Estacado
The whole ending was stupid as phuck....

the loser of the class who is getting his ass kicked by 14 year olds is gonna Man up and kill a serial killer with a phuckin phone just cause his Ghost buddy taught him a 3 move combo under 1 minute... facepalm

The plot is predictible the villain is more like a weirdo than an actual scary guy....

Patient_Leech
The whole ending was stupid as phuck....

the loser of the class who is getting his ass kicked by 14 year olds is gonna Man up and kill a serial killer with a phuckin phone just cause his Ghost buddy taught him a 3 move combo under 1 minute... facepalm

The plot is predictible the villain is more like a weirdo than an actual scary guy....

The villain preyed on kids with machismo and teenage angst. And if I remember correctly the kid had an episode where he actually did fight back a bit and took a beating pretty well, too. And the boy used more ingenuity than just the fighting lesson.

Estacado
Hawke 1 shot ko'd him easily when he eascaped the house but got caught by him

Galan007
Thought this was okay overall, but wasn't a fan of the ending.

Also wish they would have explained the supernatural element here a bit more. Like how the dead kids were able to call the black phone in the first place? And why The Grabber didn't just rip the phone out of the wall, since he could also hear it ringing and whatnot?

hakimziyech
topstreamingsites com is a detailed review site of the best movies sites. You can refer to it for more information

Patient_Leech
I though it was ok.

Themes are boring...

COgA_kSfgLE

Old Man Whirly!
Good film.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.