Which canon version of Obi Wan Kenobi is the most powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Which canon version of Kenobi is the most powerful?

Underachiever59
I genuinely believe Kenobi in the finale was stronger than he was in Episode III, and probably stronger than any other point in his development. After the events of Obi-Wan Kenobi, he seems to have focused more on his Force training with Qui-Gon, letting his lightsaber skills atrophy even further. His duel with Maul was impressive, but accomplished entirely through outplaying his opponent rather than being outright superior. And when he rematched Vader on the Death Star, FACPOV makes it obvious that he was out of his depth, too old, too tired, and just not the man he'd been at his peak.

Forschbewithu
This show really displays Obi-wan's character development over time. From being a great Jedi master, to a broken old man, to an enlightened Jedi master in the end.

We see a complete 180 from obi-wan in the Kenobi show - from not touching his lightsaber in 10 years, to then getting his mojo back and defeating an even MORE powerful Vader. At the end of Kenobi, we see glimpses of what Kenobi will become by ANH. Heck, just two years prior to ANH, we see how Obi-wan's development has allowed him to take out Maul so quickly. Not through sheer combat ability, but by baiting Maul into thinking victory is secured.

I'd imagine the way "Kenobi" ended, he likely kept up with his training. He wouldn't make the same mistake twice by letting his skills slip away - Leia or Luke might need him. Even if he did let his skills slip, apparently regaining his former saber skills is like riding a bike.

ANH Kenobi >/= rebels Kenobi > "Kenobi" Kenobi > rots Kenobi

McP
^
Not sure if that version of Vader was stronger. I doubt it. Perhaps, after another ten years, Rebels/ANH Vader will be more powerful then his ROTS self. I don't like that idea, but let it be. Anyway, from my point of view, Force fights are very dependable of using a swords as well. Dooku, for example, in my opinion couln't ragdoll Obi-Wan whenever he wanted. I believe, that after he overpowered Obi-Wan and Anakin in short, quick saberlock, Kenobi lost his balance, Anakin as well. Dooku used the opportunity - he kicked Anakin away, while Anakin's guard was lowered a little bit.And he did the same with Kenobi's Force guard.

I also doubt, that Nihilus could one-shoted Kreia with Force push/Force sever. Kreia had to split her attention to both, Nihilus and Sion. Something, that forced her to lower her guard against any of them, as she wasn't focused and didn't know which one will attack first. And how.

When there is a huge disparity, like Sidious and Maul or Kenobi or Yoda and Ventress, then stonger one can do whatever he wants. I doubt that either Dooku or Vader was that far above Kenobi in the Force.
For Dooku it was easier, as he was superior to Kenobi in sabers. ROTS Vader was as well, but he lost much of his focus before fight even started. This verion of Vader, I mean crippled Anakin, is not as good as he used to be. At least yet. Kenobi was owepowering him in sabers. Vader still was superior in the Force. He even blocked some of Obi-Wan strikes with Force TK. But that could left him open a little bit to Kenobi's own Force attacks. And when Kenobi did that amazing TK feat with rocks, Vader was actually on the ground. Kenobi had a time to prepare his attack. Dooku also had an awesome TK feat with those obelisks when he showed his skill to Savage. But it was much, much harder to use it in the middle of the fight. For same reason Yoda couldn't stop Dooku's escape.

Not sure if Kenobi!Kenobi > ROTS!Kenobi. Doubt it. Even Vader said, that his strenght returned. Then he temporaty overpowered Kenobi, but after that Kenobi used the Force more directly, with push. Only when he had advantage, he attackes with higher level of TK. I would say that Kenobi and ROTS versions of Kenobi are about equal.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
This show really displays Obi-wan's character development over time. From being a great Jedi master, to a broken old man, to an enlightened Jedi master in the end.

The show jumped us through that development. The execution of it was frankly shit.

Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Heck, just two years prior to ANH, we see how Obi-wan's development has allowed him to take out Maul so quickly. Not through sheer combat ability, but by baiting Maul into thinking victory is secured.

Maul just had no idea what he was facing.

He was thinking this was a broken Obi-Wan like the first half of the Kenobi series, so thinking hed kill him easily.. He had no idea this guy has kicked the crud out of Vader (who Maul knew he couldnt take).

And then he goes and threatens Luke laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
ROTJ Obi-Wan is more powerful than you can imagine bro.

/thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.