Re: Kenobi show Ep 6 duel (see details )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81

Psychotron
He should have connected with Qui-Gon's spirit while buried under the rocks. That connection would have given Obi-Wan a temporary amp and it would have made his victory over Vader more sensible.

Stealth Moose
Obi-Wan realized he forgot to reapply his skill points after respec and did it while under the rocks.

This explains why he's the first one out in every other battle against Sith, minus the ten minute long Flynning battle at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Rockydonovang
I think vader also was probably not in an ideal spot emotionally based on sidious telling him he was conflicted and how emotions biased his decision making in episode 5.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I think vader also was probably not in an ideal spot emotionally based on sidious telling him he was conflicted and how emotions biased his decision making in episode 5.

I'm not sure how accurate Sidious' interpretation of that could be, since he's feeling Vader's emotions after the latter just got his ass whupped.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'm not sure how accurate Sidious' interpretation of that could be, since he's feeling Vader's emotions after the latter just got his ass whupped.
True, but we also saw this play out in episode 5 with the flashbacks basically spelling out for us why vader got outsmarted by his master. Narratively kenobi being a bogey man vader chokes against makes sense. And i'd say that's also supported in part with vader conceding kenobi was "the master" before in anh. Kenobi masters his emotions and outsmarts vader in episode 5. Vader, not being able to master his emotions, tries to prove himself and loses kenobi. Then in the next episode, kenobi, under pressure masters his emotions and wins, while vader doesn't and loses.

Stealth Moose
It's still pretty jarring to see Vader, who tore open a starship (you know, the thing meant to absorb planetary re-entry, high velocity space debris, and turbolaser fire) as easy as kiss my hand, but Obi-Wan uses the power of Plot Convenience to level up and just stomp him.

Ignoring that Force feats in Disney SW are nearly as bad as old EU in scope, Vader's TK alone in that hangar puts him head and shoulders above any depiction in the movie eras, the Emperor included, and he should be able to just yeet Kenobi into low orbit.

But maybe those rocks were coated in sand, his ultimate weakness.

ozz81
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's still pretty jarring to see Vader, who tore open a starship (you know, the thing meant to absorb planetary re-entry, high velocity space debris, and turbolaser fire) as easy as kiss my hand, but Obi-Wan uses the power of Plot Convenience to level up and just stomp him.

Ignoring that Force feats in Disney SW are nearly as bad as old EU in scope, Vader's TK alone in that hangar puts him head and shoulders above any depiction in the movie eras, the Emperor included, and he should be able to just yeet Kenobi into low orbit.

But maybe those rocks were coated in sand, his ultimate weakness.

Yeah true i guess he did overpower kenobi in the ep 2, the way i see it in ep 6 his powers diminished as he reverted back to anakin etc ?!

Psychotron
Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah true i guess he did overpower kenobi in the ep 2, the way i see it in ep 6 his powers diminished as he reverted back to anakin etc ?!

Except he easily overpowered Kenobi with the Force, when Kenobi tried to drop that rock pillar on him. This was before Obi-Wan when into the zone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.