Thor [current] vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Without being Hulked-out, of course. Just All-Father Thor.

Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Dude, we won't even give Thor a single win out of ten against the likes of Night Trasher and Prowler on this forum.

Go ask that question on Dambo's YouTube channel.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dude, we won't even give Thor a single win out of ten against the likes of Night Trasher and Prowler on this forum.

Go ask that question on Dambo's YouTube channel.
Current Thor is hulk-uped though

DarkSaint85
Imagine, if you will, a Thor that isn't Hulked out.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Current Thor is hulk-uped though

From the OP:

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
From the OP:
Didn't see this. I guess I was really hoping Thor has a chance here. I read too many Dambo's YouTube channel comments sad

Stoic
Thanos wrecks him again.

carver9
Thor stomps.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Thor stomps.

eek!

Stoic
Not that he needs it, but Thanos is in possession of the Reality gem. The score between these two is 3-0 I believe.

Khazra Reborn

carver9
Why is he nerfed in the Hulk vs Thor fight? Explain please.

Sin I AM
Why is he nerfed in the Hulk vs Thor fight? Explain please.

Because they have to limit Thor in order for Hulk to compete

Khazra Reborn

ShadowFyre
Well, he did one shot Celestial iron man, something I would put past regular Thor

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Well, he did one shot Celestial iron man, something I would put past regular Thor

I assume that's a typo, but yeah, I wouldn't put it past normal Thor, especially with his high ends and Tony's track record with 'prepped' armours.

Khazra Reborn

DarkSaint85

Khazra Reborn

DarkSaint85

Khazra Reborn

carver9
The excuses for Thor is hilarious. The guy is fighting against a Hulk that is said to be the most dangerous thing the entire Avengers lineup will ever face and he's doing good solo.

DarkSaint85
The excuses for Thor is hilarious. The guy is fighting against a Hulk that is said to be the most dangerous thing the entire Avengers lineup will ever face and he's doing good solo.

This you?

So I looked at the quote you posted where I mentioned juggling suns, lmao, I brought that up to discredit ABHI scan of using a statement as a ft. Every post I posted (along with others) to counteract ABHI post were all statements. I want you to show me where I use this as a ft for Hulk in a debate.
My point of mentioning those fts was due to people trying to use statements as concrete evidence

I don't think using statements is a way of debating.

Sin I AM
LoL

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This you?

Ok, I stand corrected Darksaint. He has somehow found a way to both gaslight,strawman and red herring hisself simultaneously.

Stoic

carver9
Gave him respect before his fight with Hulk...

Thor without hammer - mid Herald to bottom high High Herald
Thor with hammer - epitome of high Herald tier and can reach Trans tier levels under stress
Thor with Odin Force - Easily Skyfather

Heck, here I even said he's more powerful than Hulk...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=671226&highlight=%22Thor+vs+Hulk%22

🤔

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ok, I stand corrected Darksaint. He has somehow found a way to both gaslight,strawman and red herring hisself simultaneously.

Then when called out on it, he will simply ignore it and hope people forget about it so he can do it all over again.

Rinse, repeat.

DarkSaint85
Anyway, I would side with Thanos here. Thor has the power, sure, not denying that, but hard to see an answer for TP.

Assuming of course, that we're using current. I know when he fought the Black Winter he fought the TP off, so debate if that's enough when stacked against Thanos' TP feats.

carver9
I'm not using statements as concrete evidence. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The fts are there to support those statements.

Sin I AM
Anyway, I would side with Thanos here. Thor has the power, sure, not denying that, but hard to see an answer for TP.

Assuming of course, that we're using current. I know when he fought the Black Winter he fought the TP off, so debate if that's enough when stacked against Thanos' TP feats.

When was Thanos last showing?

DarkSaint85
I'm not using statements as concrete evidence. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The fts are there to support those statements.

Like screaming into space, amirite? And fighting Skyfather level ghosts (lol)?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
When was Thanos last showing?

Last I saw, was him fighting alongside King Thanos.

Stoic

Sin I AM
Sorry it's canon it just doesn't occur in the present. It occurs in the past like in the 90s. Particularly after the Ron's old run

ShadowFyre
I feel like Cates went out of his way to make the Black Winter as vague as possible. I still think the BW is literally just Thor if that wasn't already stated in the comic.

Stoic

DarkSaint85

Stoic
Plus powerless Odin (as he has given all of his power to Thor) broke into Starship Hulk, and made Banner his b1tch. I wager a fully powered Thanos is at least as powerful as a powerless Odin, won't you?

Yes absolutely.

carver9
@Stoic...

Ironman already built an armor that was taking on Celestial before getting this armor and now he is powering an armor that is opening portals to different universes and shooting out blasts more powerful than suns. Let's not try to downplay here.

Yes, Immortal Hulk fought and crushed Thor but that wasn't full Odin Force powered Thor and Odin outright said Thor will have access to ALL of his skyfather power.

Tell me what better showings Thor had than almost dropping a Celestial level being in a single hit? Also, you do know Thor previous showings still sticks with him, right? When you were taking Superman side not too long ago, were you using Supes from one story or were you using his collected frs from all of his books?

Answer this, which Superman is stronger? The one that doughty DOS Doomsday or the one that recently fought Damage?

Your argument is all over the place.

Stoic

carver9
Thor wasn't as powerful as he is now when he fought Immortal Hulk. Please stop saying that and also, you're using losing to Hulk as a low showing instead of it being a power scaling for Hulk? Thanos beating Anni Hulk, is this a low showing for Anni Hulk or a good showing for Thanos? Thanos vs Tyrant, is that a low showing for Tyrant or a high showing for Thanos? Thanos vs Surfer. Is that a low showing for Surfer or a high showing for Thanos?

Also, again, the armor Tony is wearing was taking on 2 Celestials and Winning and its not like the armor isn't displaying power here. Outright said on panel that Hulk is being hit by exploding suns and it was outright wrecking Celestial skin when doing it.

So your entire argument is Hulk losing to Thanos due to TP, something that he rarely use?

DarkSaint85
Lol @Carver avoiding the Hulk/Thanos thread.

carver9
How did I avoid the thread when I posted in there? Are you saying I'm avoiding your story telling post that you don't even follow?

Sin I AM
Carver is right Stoic. Thor only had a portion of the OF when he faced Immortal Hulk. Now I'm pretty sure at the time Carver was saying he had the whole OF but that's neither here nor there.

Problem with the Banner of War fights is there all inconclusive and riddled with context. Thor has been fighting like a brick not a skyfather, Tony's prepped armors have historically been trash, Thor one shot that celestial armor. Odin can't be powerless based on the showings. Hulk doesn't seem to be fighting anything other than Banner's control and he's obviously under another control from some outside source. It's a weird comic

DarkSaint85
How did I avoid the thread when I posted in there? Are you saying I'm avoiding your story telling post that you don't even follow?

Wut. Are you ok?

carver9
Carver is right Stoic. Thor only had a portion of the OF when he faced Immortal Hulk. Now I'm pretty sure at the time Carver was saying he had the whole OF but that's neither here nor there.

Problem with the Banner of War fights is there all inconclusive and riddled with context. Thor has been fighting like a brick not a skyfather, Tony's prepped armors have historically been trash, Thor one shot that celestial armor. Odin can't be powerless based on the showings. Hulk doesn't seem to be fighting anything other than Banner's control and he's obviously under another control from some outside source. It's a weird comic

Thor used his lightning and it did absolutely nothing. Which attack from Thor are you thinking will stop Hulk?

Stoic

Sin I AM
Thor used his lightning and it did absolutely nothing. Which attack from Thor are you thinking will stop Hulk?

You think the Thor that's facing Hulk is the same caliber Thor that faced Mjolgog?

carver9
You think the Thor that's facing Hulk is the same caliber Thor that faced Mjolgog?

More powerful. Why would anyone think different? Are there different versions of Thors in each issue? Is the Immortal Hulk that fought the Avengers different than the Immortal Hulk that Loki fought? When did we start debating like this

carver9
@Stoic...

The Galactus that Thanos killed was an alternate reality Galactus. 🤦🏿 Everyone you named was alternate reality versions (sigh). Younger Thanos beating a character that took on alt characters isn't as great as you're trying to make it and most of those fights took place off panel.

Thought the cosmic cube wasn't at full power? Also, I am going to pull a you. Prove that Lord Marvell was using the full extent of the cosmic cube and please don't share fts.

Why is Thir being written different than the Odin that fought Thanos? Did you not see the Odin and Thanos fight. All Odin did was blast and go physical with Thanos. The same shit Thor is doing against Hulk. Lol. Yes, Thor is as powerful as Odin was, said on panel.

Anni Hulk used a weapon to kill the heros, not his own power. Also, are we talking about the same Annihulk that Hulk was able to damage with one hit, something Thanos couldn't do.

Why is that statement hyperbole about Hulk tanking sun level power?

Sin I AM
More powerful. Why would anyone think different? Are there different versions of Thors in each issue? Is the Immortal Hulk that fought the Avengers different than the Immortal Hulk that Loki fought? When did we start debating like this

We always take into (or at least those of us who can actually debate) account a characters mindset or motivations during a fight. There's a difference between a wolverine who fights with his claws sheathed and one who's feral for example. It's the same Wolverine but it's also not. Thor that fought Mjolgog used his terra powers from Gaea. Iirc he used the bifrost he did esoteric shit other than punching, bashing a fan lightning. If I did a versus. Using that version in that issue against the one that's been facing Hulk the it'd be no question who would win. It all boils down to context. You're hindered by your obsession with power sets

Stoic

carver9
We always take into (or at least those of us who can actually debate) account a characters mindset or motivations during a fight. There's a difference between a wolverine who fights with his claws sheathed and one who's feral for example. It's the same Wolverine but it's also not. Thor that fought Mjolgog used his terra powers from Gaea. Iirc he used the bifrost he did esoteric shit other than punching, bashing a fan lightning. If I did a versus. Using that version in that issue against the one that's been facing Hulk the it'd be no question who would win. It all boils down to context. You're hindered by your obsession with power sets

He's/Thor admitted that he isn't holding back in this fight. Surfer held back against Thanos as well since he did nothing but blast and fly the entire time? No exotic abilities? Did Surfer hold back? Superman held back against Doomsday too, huh? Did he even use ice breath during the fight? He didn't go all exotic so I'm guessing he held back.

Surfer vs Thor. Surfer didn't use intangibility, black holes, matter manipulation, energy absorption, none of that against Thor. Yep, he held back. Ironman held back against Thor as well. No shields, herald slicing blades, invisibility. Thor didn't fight full power Sentry or The Void either. They didn't matter manipulate, use super speed, teleportation. Just punched and kicked. Martian Manhunter holds back in all of his fights. He doesn't use half of his powers in combat. Let's throw all of his fights out of the window.

I've seen a lot of weird debating here but I've never seen anyone debate like this. Dont throw this type of debating style on most people here on KMC because it's foolish.

Sin I AM
He's/Thor admitted that he isn't holding back in this fight. Surfer held back against Thanos as well since he did nothing but blast and fly the entire time? No exotic abilities? Did Surfer hold back? Superman held back against Doomsday too, huh? Did he even use ice breath during the fight? He didn't go all exotic so I'm guessing he held back.

Surfer vs Thor. Surfer didn't use intangibility, black holes, matter manipulation, energy absorption, none of that against Thor. Yep, he held back. Ironman held back against Thor as well. No shields, herald slicing blades, invisibility. Thor didn't fight full power Sentry or The Void either. They didn't matter manipulate, use super speed, teleportation. Just punched and kicked. Martian Manhunter holds back in all of his fights. He doesn't use half of his powers in combat. Let's throw all of his fights out of the window.

I've seen a lot of weird debating here but I've never seen anyone debate like this. Dont throw this type of debating style on most people here on KMC because it's foolish. it's not a debating style it's common sense. Every fight has context. Thor trying to reason with Banner, Wonder Woman trying to reach Power Girl...yes they're fighting but they aren't going all out. Why you can't grasp this basic concept is insane.

carver9
it's not a debating style it's common sense. Every fight has context. Thor trying to reason with Banner, Wonder Woman trying to reach Power Girl...yes they're fighting but they aren't going all out. Why you can't grasp this basic concept is insane.

When did he try to reason with Banner? In the last pages, he said they would need to kill Banner due to his rage. So not only did he admit he isn't holding back, he said that they would need to kill him.

Stoic

ODG
More powerful. Why would anyone think different? Are there different versions of Thors in each issue? Is the Immortal Hulk that fought the Avengers different than the Immortal Hulk that Loki fought? When did we start debating like this When Odin fully passed his essence to Thor so that Thor could access the Odinforce Thorforce... Thor went all glowy, instantly manifested the Odinsword, and fought so hard... he immediately underwent the Odinsleep Thorsleep for four months.

So while the version is supposed to be the same, it's very arguable that current Thor isn't exhibiting the same level of power against current Hulk. Not to the level that Thor did against a Mangog-corrupted, Motherstorm-possessed Mjolnir in the God of Hammers climax.

Something for your consideration.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ODG
When Odin fully passed his essence to Thor so that Thor could access the Odinforce Thorforce... Thor went all glowy, instantly manifested the Odinsword, and fought so hard... he immediately underwent the Odinsleep Thorsleep for four months.

So while the version is supposed to be the same, it's very arguable that current Thor isn't exhibiting the same level of power against current Hulk. Not to the level that Thor did against a Mangog-corrupted, Motherstorm-possessed Mjolnir in the God of Hammers climax.

Something for your consideration.

Exactly

ODG
Exactly The thing I don't understand though... is that when Angela re-forged Mjolnir, it was supposed to be a completely powerless, magicless mallet. Thor himself says he senses no magic within it. It was more of a symbolic gesture.

But now during Banner of War, Mjolnir shoots lightning, exhibits the "worthy" enchantment, etc. It basically acts like the original Mjolnir, blessed with the Odinforce, or the Motherstorm, or whatever origin it has. Makes me wonder how much of the Thorforce he's using to make the current reforged Mjolnir act like "classic Mjolnir".

I think Cates may explore this. Because he surprised everyone (and me) with the Mangog-possession angle during the God of Hammers arc. Or it'll just be ignored. Like when JMS reforged Mjolnir and said that next time it broke it would killl Thor.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
So every time Thor use a great amount of power, he autos goes into the Odin/Thor sleep or was/is this just a one time instance? Are we saying "every time Thor fights with his new found power, if he doesn't go into the Odin sleep, he's obviously holding back"?. Seems pretty obvious to me that he went into that deep sleep due to the powers being new to him.

ODG
So every time Thor use a great amount of power, he autos goes into the Odin/Thor sleep or was/is this just a one time instance? Are we saying "every time Thor fights with his new found power, if he doesn't go into the Odin sleep, he's obviously holding back"?. Seems pretty obvious to me that he went into that deep sleep due to the powers being new to him. Current Thor has had two fights so far, against: (i) Mangog-possessed Mjolnir, and (ii) "starship" Hulk. The second fight, hasn't actually concluded.

Arguments are being made that there are differences in the two fights when it comes to current Thor. And those arguments aren't being made in bad faith given the marked differences between the first and second fight. Let's wait to see what happens.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
Current Thor has had two fights so far, against: (i) Mangog-possessed Mjolnir, and (ii) "starship" Hulk. The second fight, hasn't actually concluded.

Arguments are being made that there are differences in the two fights when it comes to current Thor. And those arguments aren't being made in bad faith given the marked differences between the first and second fight. Let's wait to see what happens.

👍🏾

DarkSaint85
Well we saw what happened.

How do people think it goes, and why?

Sin I AM
The same as I said.

carver9
Thor takes this

ODG
Well we saw what happened.

How do people think it goes, and why? I believe God of Hammers Thor would win. But Banner of War Thor? That Thor didn't really do that much more than I would have expected from classic Thor. And clearly, Banner of War Thor didn't fall into the Odinsleep for months whereas he did during the former storyline.

So... I guess if taken at his best, current Thorforce Thor should win? But he just simply hasn't exhibited the same level of power as his first appearance. Starting to wonder if there's an in-story reason for it given all the circumstances surrounding Hel-reforged Mjolnir. It's not the first time an Odinforce Thor had to sacrifice the Odinforce to restore Mjolnir, e.g., Straczynski run had that happen.

DarkSaint85
Probably not, alas.

I still think Thanos wins, based on his TP abilities.

abhilegend
So many excuses for Thor lol

ShadowFyre
I think the main problem here is how jobby the celestials have gotten and how wonky iron Man's armors are when it comes to fighting other heroes.

abhilegend
Celestials were always jobbers, propped up by only statements except Thor 300.

DarkSaint85
How are they jobbers? A single one just casually killed the Phoenix, Starbrand and Thor with the full Odinforce!

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
Celestials were always jobbers, propped up by only statements except Thor 300. Tbh, many mundane characters look like cosmic beings when entering the Thor-verse. They're probably writing poems about Iceman's omnipotence. I don't even want to presume the stuff they're writing about Cyclops.

https://i.ibb.co/C0FbfXv/li-Qcrf6-Hu-Xmq-NI3-D12-Y9nrv99-GL2t-Ima4-YIxk-F7ff-Fd-QD-u28jj-Nb-ZWFSX2sx-JQVp-JC9-Ed-VL35-Nwd3-Nv.jpg

It'd probably make Pr blush.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.