Is it time to Amend the Constitution Yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
it's the only way i can think of to cancel out this trump-stuffed supreme court take away their ability to take away certain right. abortion was just the start, so get ready for assaults on gay marriage, transgender rights, interracial couples, etc.

Some might argue for impeachment as an alternative, but (having to choose instead of having both) i think even if successful, impeachment is just a bandaid. of course i want to see the proven liars tossed out, but the system will continue to allow for a perfectly timed bandit to stuff the court. I'll leave impeachment as a poll option, though.

NewGuy01
okay but how

Stealth Moose
I mean, the idea of lifelong public servants who merely make judgments across party lines ought to be abolished. Gunpowder works well, I hear.

Blakemore
Who has more authority, the president or the court?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I mean, the idea of lifelong public servants who merely make judgments across party lines ought to be abolished. Gunpowder works well, I hear.

Do you mean "legitimate political discourse"? Guess I should have made that a polling option laughing out loud

Tzeentch
You need 3/4th of the States to approve in order to make any changes to the Constitution. Furthermore it isn't a popular vote in each state but the electorate in each state that gets to make that decision to ratify, so even in a relative swing state where the popular vote could potentially go on favor of ratification, if the governor+administration is red the state would still go against it.

To quantify what it would take to amend the constitution, if every state that voted for Biden agreed to amend the constitution, you would still need NINE hard red states to sign off on it.

It's such a functionally impossible task that it's barely worth even discussing it. It's also the reason why I rule my eyes when people talk about removing the electoral college. That cannot and will not ever happen in our lifetimes or our children's lifetimes.

Here is an idea: when everyone knew that supreme Court justices were on the line in 2016, the millions of people in their 20s should have actually gone out and ****ing voted for Hillary instead of sitting home and jerking each other off on Reddit about Bernie and other garbage. Every time I hear about assaults on abortion, gun control whatever I immediately think about the turnout stats for people under 30 in the 2016 election, and I sneer in contempt. People act like the system does not work when in reality the system only doesn't work because like 60% of the country refuses to participate.

Blakemore
NC, FL, TX, IO, OH, AK, KS, SC and MO were the 9 closest states, the 10th being Indiana.

Here's a map if those 10 states flipped. https://www.270towin.com/maps/yQr1R

As for the leftists circle jerking about Bernie on reddit, umm, yeah? You think? You'd think they'd learn from 2016 but no they did it again in 2020.

Genuine, **** you, Robtard.

Tzeentch
You are a deranged retard, don't ever agree with me again.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You are a deranged retard, don't ever agree with me again. Why are you going back on your point about Sanders supporters? Is it because I agreed with it?

Tzeentch
Yes.

Robtard
You need 3/4th of the States to approve in order to make any changes to the Constitution. Furthermore it isn't a popular vote in each state but the electorate in each state that gets to make that decision to ratify, so even in a relative swing state where the popular vote could potentially go on favor of ratification, if the governor+administration is red the state would still go against it.

To quantify what it would take to amend the constitution, if every state that voted for Biden agreed to amend the constitution, you would still need NINE hard red states to sign off on it.

It's such a functionally impossible task that it's barely worth even discussing it. It's also the reason why I rule my eyes when people talk about removing the electoral college. That cannot and will not ever happen in our lifetimes or our children's lifetimes.

Here is an idea: when everyone knew that supreme Court justices were on the line in 2016, the millions of people in their 20s should have actually gone out and ****ing voted for Hillary instead of sitting home and jerking each other off on Reddit about Bernie and other garbage. Every time I hear about assaults on abortion, gun control whatever I immediately think about the turnout stats for people under 30 in the 2016 election, and I sneer in contempt. People act like the system does not work when in reality the system only doesn't work because like 60% of the country refuses to participate.

^He's right you know.

He's also deadly spot on about the Left leaning people who just couldn't bring themselves to vote out of laziness, or hated Trump, but just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Clinton because "something, something, the establishment". Clinton would have had her faults, but she would not have picked Far Right judges who make rulings based on their religious views. Hopefully people grow some sense this November because of this. Rage is a good motivator, if anything.

Should also be noted though, if Republicans somehow had the means to expand the SC to get something passed or overturned in a given term, they'd have no moral issue doing so.

Blakemore
Hillary Clinton had an Abortion before she met Bill. ermm

Adam_PoE

BINGO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.