MCU Kurse vs. MCU Ikaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
No BFR

Who wins

riv6672
Bane dies.

ShadowFyre
Kurse, Ikaris isn't damaging him. And if he gets the same ground and pound treatment Thor got, he's done

FrothByte
Technically, Ikaris can just stay in the air and eye-blast Kurse for however long is needed till Kurse is dismembered.

But if Ikaris tries to melee it out with Kurse then I don't like his chances.

h1a8
But we know in character Ikaris won't do such tactics. He will eventually go fisticuffs. And I'm not too sure how much damage his eye blasts can do to Kurse. What are its feats?

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
But we know in character Ikaris won't do such tactics. He will eventually go fisticuffs. And I'm not too sure how much damage his eye blasts can do to Kurse. What are its feats?

So you never watched the movie and yet you still post.

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
So you never watched the movie and yet you still post. I saw the movie. Remind of any feat that proves his blasts can effect Kurse significantly. I seen him go physical too many times for me to think he would automatically do the stay away tactic all throughout the fight from the beginning.

FrothByte

He uses his eyeblasts more than he engages fisticuffs. His eyeblasts are able to slice through the Eternals' spaceship and injure Deviants.

Kurse, while super durable, wasn't invulnerable. Remember that Loki was able to stab him clean through with an elven blade. I also don't recall Kurse withstanding continuous energy blasts.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
He uses his eyeblasts more than he engages fisticuffs. His eyeblasts are able to slice through the Eternals' spaceship and injure Deviants.

Kurse, while super durable, wasn't invulnerable. Remember that Loki was able to stab him clean through with an elven blade. I also don't recall Kurse withstanding continuous energy blasts.

It's fair to say Kurse is more durable than steel.
Slicing through a spaceship isn't a good feat or Deviants (who have no other feats against energy to compare).

I didn't say he won't use his blasts from a distance. I'm saying that he won't fight the WHOLE FIGHT that way.

h1a8
Just re-watched all his fighting scenes.
HV is pretty weak Imo (in comparison to someone in Kurse level).
Many times it did little damage to the Dviants (earlier versions as well) and other Eternals. Kurse is significantly more durable than the Eternals or Deviants.

Worst case, it does a little damage. Ikaris eventually comes in close and gets stomped bad.

FrothByte
Just re-watched all his fighting scenes.
HV is pretty weak Imo (in comparison to someone in Kurse level).
Many times it did little damage to the Dviants (earlier versions as well) and other Eternals. Kurse is significantly more durable than the Eternals or Deviants.

Worst case, it does a little damage. Ikaris eventually comes in close and gets stomped bad.

I doubt Ikaris can oneshot Kurse with his eyebeams. But Kurse doesn't exactly have feats to prove he can withstand repeated blasts from those eyeblasts either. Remember that Loki was able to ram a sword straight through him.

tkitna
I doubt Ikaris can oneshot Kurse with his eyebeams. But Kurse doesn't exactly have feats to prove he can withstand repeated blasts from those eyeblasts either. Remember that Loki was able to ram a sword straight through him.

Loki did stab him, but it didnt bother him at all. It merely surprised him.

Suz3EX1ryBQ

I seriously doubt Ikaris can put him down.

FrothByte
Loki did stab him, but it didnt bother him at all. It merely surprised him.

Suz3EX1ryBQ

I seriously doubt Ikaris can put him down.

Yes, he didn't seem to feel any pain due to that stab, but it still went through him without issue. If Ikaris starts dismembering him with eyeblasts while he stays at a distance, Kurse will eventually fall.

Again, I'm not saying that it will only take one or two eyeblasts from Ikaris. I'm saying Kurse has no feats to prove he can withstand continuous eyeblasts. Ikaris will need to close the distance for Kurse to beat the crap out of him.

tkitna

Again, I'm not saying that it will only take one or two eyeblasts from Ikaris. I'm saying Kurse has no feats to prove he can withstand continuous eyeblasts. Ikaris will need to close the distance for Kurse to beat the crap out of him.

Yeah, I guess its impossible to say if the eyeblasts could harm him or not.

FrothByte
Yeah, I guess its impossible to say if the eyeblasts could harm him or not.

It's very doubtful that Loki armed with an elven sword can as easily cut the Eternals' spaceship near in half as easily as Ikaris did with his eyebeams.

Even a regular Asgardian soldier's sword bit into Kurse's shoulder armor and got stuck in there.

Again, it didn't pain him or anything, but it still proved that he can be damaged.

What I'm saying is, of course the eyebeams can harm him. The only question is how long Ikaris will need to maintain it to damage Kurse enough for a win. And whether Ikaris is able to stay his distance long enough to do that.

h1a8
I doubt Ikaris can oneshot Kurse with his eyebeams. But Kurse doesn't exactly have feats to prove he can withstand repeated blasts from those eyeblasts either. Remember that Loki was able to ram a sword straight through him. He doesn't need any feats. The eyeblasts suck. They didn't damage the other externals nor many times didn't do much to the deviants. Kurse is head and shoulders more durable than either of them. Loki can run a sword through Thor, all the externals, the deviants, etc.

So logically if a sword can go through an Eternal and Deviant and they both can withstand eyebeams then eyebeams aren't doing much to Kurse who is more durable.

Worst case scenario is the eyebeams does some damage and ikaris eventually goes in close proximity and gets messed up.

h1a8
It's very doubtful that Loki armed with an elven sword can as easily cut the Eternals' spaceship near in half as easily as Ikaris did with his eyebeams.

Even a regular Asgardian soldier's sword bit into Kurse's shoulder armor and got stuck in there.

Again, it didn't pain him or anything, but it still proved that he can be damaged.

What I'm saying is, of course the eyebeams can harm him. The only question is how long Ikaris will need to maintain it to damage Kurse enough for a win. And whether Ikaris is able to stay his distance long enough to do that. Kurse and Thor are more durable than the rock-like spaceship. Thor >>>> rock

Basically you are claiming that a spaceship is more durable than Kurse, especially one made out of rock

Lastly, you once reasoned that an Asgardian farmer crumpled a tactical knife to argue that Asgardian weapons are more durable than steel weapons.

KingD19
It's pretty disingenuous to say it's made out of "rock". You think the Celestials would put their hyper advanced humanoid androids on a ship made of "rock"? That's like saying Mjolnir is made out of "stone". Keep in mind it was durable enough to have the city of Babylon built on top of it. Thats millions of tons just sitting on it for centuries with no problem.

FrothByte
He doesn't need any feats. The eyeblasts suck. They didn't damage the other externals nor many times didn't do much to the deviants. Kurse is head and shoulders more durable than either of them. Loki can run a sword through Thor, all the externals, the deviants, etc.

So logically if a sword can go through an Eternal and Deviant and they both can withstand eyebeams then eyebeams aren't doing much to Kurse who is more durable.

Worst case scenario is the eyebeams does some damage and ikaris eventually goes in close proximity and gets messed up.

Dude, golden rule of the MvF is we argue using feats. Saying "he doesn't need any feats" is a ridiculously dumbass thing to say.

Fact of the matter is that Ikaris's eyeblasts have better destructive feats than Kurse has durability feats. Kurse proved to be ridiculously durable against blunt attacks and seems to be immune to pain, but he has no durability feats to prove he can remain unscathed after numerous blasts from Ikaris' eyebeams.

An elven sword was able to puncture him and a blackhole grenade killed him. So where are you getting the idea that he can just tank Ikaris' blasts indefinitely?

Also, Deviants couldn't withstand Ikaris' eyebeams. Not the regular ones anyway. It was that big main one that managed to withstand Ikaris's eye blasts but that Deviant had Ajak's healing powers.

So your logic doesn't add up.

h1a8
Dude, golden rule of the MvF is we argue using feats. Saying "he doesn't need any feats" is a ridiculously dumbass thing to say.

Fact of the matter is that Ikaris's eyeblasts have better destructive feats than Kurse has durability feats. Kurse proved to be ridiculously durable against blunt attacks and seems to be immune to pain, but he has no durability feats to prove he can remain unscathed after numerous blasts from Ikaris' eyebeams.

An elven sword was able to puncture him and a blackhole grenade killed him. So where are you getting the idea that he can just tank Ikaris' blasts indefinitely?

Also, Deviants couldn't withstand Ikaris' eyebeams. Not the regular ones anyway. It was that big main one that managed to withstand Ikaris's eye blasts but that Deviant had Ajak's healing powers.

So your logic doesn't add up.

Ikaris blast damaged rock. Kurse is more durable than rock.

Are you implying that being cut by an alien sword (more durable than man made materials) logically proves blast will hurt Kurse?

Let's start there and keep it simple.

I can post feats showing ALL deviants (even the beginning ones) being resistant to the blasts.

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
It's pretty disingenuous to say it's made out of "rock". You think the Celestials would put their hyper advanced humanoid androids on a ship made of "rock"? That's like saying Mjolnir is made out of "stone". Keep in mind it was durable enough to have the city of Babylon built on top of it. Thats millions of tons just sitting on it for centuries with no problem. That's what it appeared to be. It's not my burden to prove otherwise. Mjolnir in MCU is metal (not stone) plus it has feats, rock ship doesn't.

The total weight of something isn't supported by a small part but rather evenly distributed on the whole. It's about pressure, not total force. Stone/rock can withstand more than 16,000 tons of force per cubic meter (3x3x3 feet).
You have to prove that the ship supported more weight than 16,000 tons on such a small cube portion.

KingD19

Are you implying that being cut by an alien sword (more durable than man made materials) logically proves blast will hurt Kurse?

I can post feats showing ALL deviants (even the beginning ones) being resistant to the blasts.
Are you implying that Asgardians have access to better technology and materials than beings who basically create life across the galaxy just to help them get stronger? You're still being disingenuous and acting like the Domo, a starship made by Celestials is some rinky dink rock hopper. Like I said we might as well call Mjolnir a ballpeen hammer.

ShadowFyre
Ikaris eyebeams were only pushing back deviants from what I remember. But I have only seen the first half

FrothByte

Go ahead. Please post feats of ALL deviants being unharmed by continuous blasts from Ikaris.

And yes, I'm saying Kurse getting cut by an alien elven sword proves that he can get damaged by Ikaris' blasts. Why? Because Ikaris' blasts have better feats than that alien sword. Like easily cutting up the Eternals spaceship.

And claiming that spaceship is just made of plain rock is about as stupid as claiming Kurse is made of plain rock.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ikaris eyebeams were only pushing back deviants from what I remember. But I have only seen the first half

Some of them got cut in half by the blasts, some needed multiple blasts before they went down. But all of them were getting harmed by it and none of them could simply shrug off multiple or continuous blasts. Except for that one Deviant who kept on healing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeY3z_VRdjE

Psychotron
Remember that Loki was able to stab him clean through with an elven blade.

He effortlessly stabbed Thor too.

h1a8
Go ahead. Please post feats of ALL deviants being unharmed by continuous blasts from Ikaris.

And yes, I'm saying Kurse getting cut by an alien elven sword proves that he can get damaged by Ikaris' blasts. Why? Because Ikaris' blasts have better feats than that alien sword. Like easily cutting up the Eternals spaceship.

And claiming that spaceship is just made of plain rock is about as stupid as claiming Kurse is made of plain rock.

Steel blade has feats. We know how strong it is. Eleven blade is even stronger, or at least no weaker.

If you are relating eye blast durability with cutting durability then I can relate eye blast durability with blunt force durability (which is a better comparison).

Rocky ship has no durability feats. So you can't assume it was more durable than rock and at the same time assume that elvn blade is not significantly more durable than a steel blade. Don't be a hypocrite.

If ship has massive durability because it was created by advanced being then elvn blade has massive durability for the same reasons.

h1a8
Some of them got cut in half by the blasts, some needed multiple blasts before they went down. But all of them were getting harmed by it and none of them could simply shrug off multiple or continuous blasts. Except for that one Deviant who kept on healing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeY3z_VRdjE The vast majority of the time the blasts did absolutely no visible damage. Deviants was stabbed too (same as Kurse). Kurse is far above those deviants.

https://youtu.be/ZeY3z_VRdjE

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
He effortlessly stabbed Thor too.

Yeah but not clean through. Besides, I never claimed that Thor was invulnerable. Heck, I'm pretty sure Thor also can't withstand Ikaris' blast for an indefinite amount of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.