Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's the weakest person that can physically heat bang?

Physical, hand 2 hand combat. No gimmicks.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

Are we heating or beating

carver9
🤦🏿

DarkSaint85
Not my fault you can't type, despite having the latest in phone technology, a modicum of familiarity with the English language and two opposable thumbs.

Anyway, doesn't Bang's MA only work on humanoids and of a certain size? The way some characters are drawn, they're certainly bigger than humans....

carthage

Magnon
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Anyway, doesn't Bang's MA only work on humanoids and of a certain size?
Not really. He didn't teach Garou how to fight non-human opponents, which is why Garou struggled against Genos and even lost to Watchdog Man. But Bang himself knows how to fight non-human, non-human-sized opponents such as Melzargard and, to an extent, even Elder Centipede.

Sin I AM
Proxima Midnight

carver9
Lmmfao at Proxima. She dies, badly.

DarkSaint85
Brit, though that's image. I remember someone in the LOSH having similar powers, or maybe Great Lakes Avengers?

Magnon
I don't think Brit is anywhere near fast enough or skilled enough to land any hits on Bang. Bang could either avoid all of Brit's punches or deflect them with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. If Bang is anything like Bomb (and he is), he can move fast enough to be invisible to normal human perception.

Smurph

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Magnon
I don't think Brit is anywhere near fast enough or skilled enough to land any hits on Bang. Bang could either avoid all of Brit's punches or deflect them with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. If Bang is anything like Bomb (and he is), he can move fast enough to be invisible to normal human perception.
He doesn't have to be. He can just outlast him. Bang would exhaust himself using all his top attacks.

It wasn't a GLA member, btw ; it was a mutant. His only power was durability, lol. Was a fat teenager, with fat human teenager level strength, but was durable against anything and everything.

Is BFR on?

Smurph
He doesn't have to be. He can just outlast him. Bang would exhaust himself using all his top attacks.

It wasn't a GLA member, btw ; it was a mutant. His only power was durability, lol. Was a fat teenager, with fat human teenager level strength, but was durable against anything and everything.

Is BFR on? Butterball?

DarkSaint85

Smurph

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Smurph
Butterball?

That's it! Butterball.

carver9
Bfr isn't off. Brit gets punched out of orbit.

carver9
FYI... Bang is faster than a character that's been confirmed as FTL, strong enough to match someone who punches were morphing earth and powers were crossing into another dimension. Durable enough to also physically take blows from this character.

DarkSaint85
Lol, please tell me more stips for the thread. What else is allowed/not allowed? How do the combatants fight? Do I need to post scans proving this (for example, if I say Bang BFRs someone do I need to show h BFRing someone)?

What do you mean by physical h2h combat? Do you mean just slugfest or are all physical powers (i.e. no mental powers, no weapons, no energy attacks)?

Basically, are you gonna do the same as you did in the DBZ thread and be a weaselly little shit and add stips every time someone phucks with your preferred answer of 'OMG Carver this guys so powahful!!'?

Remember:

Is that how he reacts in character? You also know I never have bfr on in my threads. It's a cheap tactic of winning a battle and it tend to be a go to for a group of people on the forum.

But lemme guess, you're gonna say I've changed your mind, amirite? That I've convinced you blah blah blah.

Such a weasel.

Galan007

Physical, hand 2 hand combat. No gimmicks. Bang has some feats to suggest that his physical stats are in the high-meta tier. So if you're just asking who could beat him with physicals alone, then it would probably take someone in that realm... Maybe a bit higher.

But if esoteric stuff like TP, BFR, intangibility, energy projection, etc are still on, then it's another story... You did just say that BFR is an option, after all:

carver9
Brit is a walking gimmick, so in this case, just to avoid you using gimmicks in my thread, bfr is on

DarkSaint85
Brit is a walking gimmick, so in this case, just to avoid you using gimmicks in my thread, bfr is on

Excellent.

Bang's MA skill is a gimmick. That gets turned off.

Alfred shoots him thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
Bang has some feats to suggest that his physical stats are in the high-meta tier. So if you're just asking who could beat him with physicals alone, then it would probably take someone in that realm... Maybe a bit higher.

But if esoteric stuff like TP, BFR, intangibility, energy projection, etc are still on, then it's another story... You did just say that BFR is an option, after all:

Nah, he's scaling off other characters, and he's basically hoping that we all suck old anime man dick and agree that he's abstract, proving anime's superiority of whatever. Waiting for someone to say Superman or something, then he gets rock hard and jumps up and down like an excited bear on a bicycle, then scan dumps in a torrent of diarrhoeical shit.

carver9
Someone seems upset

DarkSaint85
Yup, because once again I underestimated how much of a weasel you are. Really disappointed in myself, should've known better and not been so naive when it comes to you.

Carver9: lol, whatever. Feelings, woman, etc.

So what other stips and conditions are you adding?

Magnon
Butterball cannot harm Bang in any way; Bang wouldn't even need to defend himself, his durability suffices. And he wouldn't "exhaust" himself trying to beat Butterball either -- he's not Colossus-fighting-Shaw-stupid.

Even if BFR was not allowed Bang could still tie him up or restrain him in some other way. Only if the win conditions were limited to just KO or death of the opponent would Butterball win, by waiting until Bang dies of old age.

DarkSaint85
Butterball cannot harm Bang in any way; Bang wouldn't even need to defend himself, his durability suffices. And he wouldn't "exhaust" himself trying to beat Butterball either -- he's not Colossus-fighting-Shaw-stupid.

Even if BFR was not allowed Bang could still tie him up or restrain him in some other way. Only if the win conditions were limited to just KO or death of the opponent would Butterball win, by waiting until Bang dies of old age.

Well, based on the manga, I was going off Bang attempting his most powerful attacks to try and override Butterball's durability - which would lead to him exhausting himself (which we've seen, there are attacks he can only attempt once every so often due to the strain).

Seems rather more on character than punching into orbit, or tying his opponent up (which to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't done).

Anyway, will wait until Carv clarifies what other stips he still wants to add.

carver9
Bfr is on, no gimmicks. Straight up fist fight. No powers shutting off. Picture this as a Doomsday vs Superman fight in DOS except there's no gimmicky powers hindering either from whippin that ass. Fist/feet... Fight.

Magnon
Well, based on the manga, I was going off Bang attempting his most powerful attacks to try and override Butterball's durability - which would lead to him exhausting himself (which we've seen, there are attacks he can only attempt once every so often due to the strain).

Seems rather more on character than punching into orbit, or tying his opponent up (which to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't done).

Anyway, will wait until Carv clarifies what other stips he still wants to add.
Actually, Bang avoids going all out unless the situation is dangerous enough to warrant it, exactly because he doesn't want to overexert himself in his old age. Butterball would hardly be threatening enough for Bang to do so.

But yes, depends on the stipulations.

Astner
I'm going with Quicksilver, because he's fast enough to land hits and avoid anything Bang can throw at him. The problem with characters like Colossus and the Thing is that they're not fast enough, and I don't think they're going to last indefinitely getting kicked around.

lawest9
Who is Bang?

carver9
Originally posted by Astner
I'm going with Quicksilver, because he's fast enough to land hits and avoid anything Bang can throw at him. The problem with characters like Colossus and the Thing is that they're not fast enough, and I don't think they're going to last indefinitely getting kicked around.

Isn't Bang faster than Flashy Flash based off his fight against Garou?

Smurph

zopzop
Butterball cannot harm Bang in any way; Bang wouldn't even need to defend himself, his durability suffices.
How durable is Bang?

carver9
@Smurph...

https://i.imgur.com/9147uwT.png

Also, this probably isn't light speed but this entire battle took place while the entire world around them were frozen...

https://m.imgur.com/a/wkPI89o

https://m.imgur.com/a/bU5U9rc

Smurph

Smurph

qwertyuiop1998
@Smurph...

So Superman has infinite speed and power by this logic?
https://ibb.co/mvwwLxp
https://ibb.co/PhQRgRw
mmm

DarkSaint85
Fascinating. Carver's proof that Flashy Flash is FTL isn't even consistent.

This is what he used last time:

https://i.postimg.cc/rwLMDFjm/8294778-screenshot2021-12-19at2-38-37am.png

Now he's using this translation:
https://i.postimg.cc/g2qd8FtK/9147uw-T-d.webp

Very different wording. One says Flashy Flash himself is FTL, the other says the flashes he shoots are FTL.

Is Hal Jordan, on his own, no ring, FTL? Answers, please.

steverules_2

Yes, Carver has scans

DarkSaint85

Sin I AM
He's really not that impressive. Proxima Midnight if all powers are in play could beat him and Ronan if it's physicals only

Parmaniac

MrMind
midnighter door him into sun

Smurph

Sin I AM
Peerlessly sharp... delicious

NemeBro

Very different wording. One says Flashy Flash himself is FTL, the other says the flashes he shoots are FTL.

Flashy Flash as far as I know doesn't "shoot" anything; all of his attacks are punches, kicks, and sword slashes. The "flashes" in this context are completely physical attacks. I haven't read much of later OPM but I'm pretty sure this is the case. Maybe someone who is more up to date has something indicating otherwise?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by NemeBro
Flashy Flash as far as I know doesn't "shoot" anything; all of his attacks are punches, kicks, and sword slashes. The "flashes" in this context are completely physical attacks. I haven't read much of later OPM but I'm pretty sure this is the case. Maybe someone who is more up to date has something indicating otherwise?

Carver-sama is translating as we speak.

Look, the forum has enough issues with English as it is - infinite crossroads, cleaving to Galactus ' ship, juggling suns, bring carried at lightspeed - without the added complication of a completely different language. I didn't even have to look hard for those two scans; they're both posted by Carv.

As it stands, it's his only proof Flashimologocal Flashitude (or whatever his name is) is supposedly FTL. It's shit proof, and shit logic is then being used (i.e. power scaling) to make Bang MFTL.

Magnon
I think the only confirmed lightspeed / near-lightspeed feat in the OPM manga is when Saitama was facing away from a mirror and then turned around so fast that he could still see the back of his head in the mirror. Flashy Flash has tried to tag / hit / outrun Saitama on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Bang was able to avoid being hit by an angry Saitama, though, which is quite impressive:

https://youtu.be/XvPb32oIN4g?t=58

DarkSaint85
I think the only confirmed lightspeed / near-lightspeed feat in the OPM manga is when Saitama was facing away from a mirror and then turned around so fast that he could still see the back of his head in the mirror. Flashy Flash has tried to tag / hit / outrun Saitama on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Bang was able to avoid being hit by an angry Saitama, though, which is quite impressive:

So has that mosquito. No, not the mosquito lady, the actual mosquito.

Magnon
True, the mosquito was quite impressive. Much more so than the mosquito lady who almost destroyed a whole city (and Genos) but didn't pose any challenge to Saitama.

DarkSaint85
Which has never been said to have been any different to real world mosquitoes. So we don't give it special attributes.

Just like if Wolverine lifts a car in comics - we don't say Marvel cars are made of superlight alloys and weigh 10kg, we say Logan is strong.

If Saitama is fast enough to turn around and see the back of his head in a mirror, we don't say that mirror was special, or the speed of light is slower or anything like that.

And so, we don't say that mosquito is special.

Moreover, we don't powerscale. Deathstroke has hit Flash before. We don't give him Wally's fastest feats.

Magnon
So? Saitama is lightspeed fast, or at the very least nearly so, and strong enough to destroy a planet or more. His struggle against the mosquito clearly showed him moving faster than the eye can see and his attacks shook the entire neighborhood. Either the mosquito had massive levels of superspeed and durability, or Saitama's attacks (even the air pressure) just magically happened to miss the mosquito. We don't know which. But in the Bang "fight", we can clearly see that "magical miss" was not the case there; instead, Bang simply avoided Saitama's hit using superspeed. As a master martial artist he can read his opponents body language and intentions so this doesn't mean he's faster than Saitama. But ridiculously fast, nevertheless.

qwertyuiop1998
I would say this depends on how much do we scale Bang from this fight.

Anime/Manga are more consistant than comics but even then the power scaling issue still doesn't completely disappear

DarkSaint85
So? Saitama is lightspeed fast, or at the very least nearly so, and strong enough to destroy a planet or more. His struggle against the mosquito clearly showed him moving faster than the eye can see and his attacks shook the entire neighborhood. Either the mosquito had massive levels of superspeed and durability, or Saitama's attacks (even the air pressure) just magically happened to miss the mosquito. We don't know which. But in the Bang "fight", we can clearly see that "magical miss" was not the case there; instead, Bang simply avoided Saitama's hit using superspeed. As a master martial artist he can read his opponents body language and intentions so this doesn't mean he's faster than Saitama. But ridiculously fast, nevertheless.

Or Saitama was holding back (as he always does) - without saying his special attacks ('Normal punch'), he's not doing anything out of the ordinary for him.

Morever, your statements are contradictory. You say Bang avoided them with superspeed - then said he used body reading etc. The two aren't necessarily compatible, to the point it is frankly, unusable.

And that again, presupposes power scaling. Deathstroke has tagged Wally, Wally who is faster than sound, light, the Speedforce itself - as per your 'logic', Deathstroke is either faster than that, or has body reading skills enabling him to hit Wally. Doesn't mean he's faster than Flash, but ridiculously fast, nevertheless. How fast is Deathstroke? Batman? Weather Wizard (and all of Flash's human level rogues)?

Magnon
Or Saitama was holding back (as he always does) - without saying his special attacks ('Normal punch'), he's not doing anything out of the ordinary for him.

Morever, your statements are contradictory. You say Bang avoided them with superspeed - then said he used body reading etc. The two aren't necessarily compatible, to the point it is frankly, unusable.

And that again, presupposes power scaling. Deathstroke has tagged Wally, Wally who is faster than sound, light, the Speedforce itself - as per your 'logic', Deathstroke is either faster than that, or has body reading skills enabling him to hit Wally. Doesn't mean he's faster than Flash, but ridiculously fast, nevertheless. How fast is Deathstroke? Batman? Weather Wizard (and all of Flash's human level rogues)?
The depiction shows movement faster than the eye can see. You can stubbornly ignore that if you want but anyone else can check the scenes and verify this themselves.

I'm not using power scaling. I'm not giving Flashy Flash's feats to Bang. I'm giving Bang's feats to Bang.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
I would say this depends on how much do we scale Bang from this fight.

Anime/Manga are more consistant than comics but even then the power scaling issue still doesn't completely disappear

Pretty much.

Since BFR and power scaling are on:
https://i.imgur.com/JUzmcil.jpg

Magik chops his head off. Who wants to go scan for scan with me on Mjolnir's top speed feats? Thor looks angry there, looks serious there.

https://i.imgur.com/C1HlkwZ.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/9mI3jvQ.jpeg

Spot is faster than Spiderman's BEST RIGHT. Spiderman, as Carver says:
Nice bullet catch. Spiderman was dodging attacks that was coming at him at light speed. He also see bullets in slow motion. As if they are standing still when shot.

So Spiderman is FTL. Spot is MFTL, then.

Spot chops Bang's head off (that's Bucky, btw):
https://i.imgur.com/x7k4Drp.jpeg

Or just BFRs him. Now that we are on Page 3.

DarkSaint85
The depiction shows movement faster than the eye can see. You can stubbornly ignore that if you want but anyone else can check the scenes and verify this themselves.

I'm not using power scaling. I'm not giving Flashy Flash's feats to Bang. I'm giving Bang's feats to Bang.

You are giving Saitama's feats to Bang, lol. Let's quote you, and let me add my sentence. Spot the difference!

"I think the only confirmed speed feat in the Flash Forward storyline is when Wally West is faster than the Speedforce. WW has tried to tag/hit/outrun WW on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Batman/Deathstroke was able to hit an angry Flash, though, which is quite impressive".

Magnon
Well, if we indeed *do* use power scaling, then Bang *is* MFTL *and* can read his opponent's body language and intentions. He'd stomp Magik and Spot and Spider-Man with ease in a physical fight.

DarkSaint85
Well, if we indeed *do* use power scaling, then Bang *is* MFTL *and* can read his opponent's body language and intentions. He'd stomp Magik and Spot and Spider-Man with ease in a physical fight.

But how can he read Magik if she is in another Dimension? Spot? Does he have dimensional reading powers that I, as a massive fan of the OPM manga AND anime, do not know about?

Edit: nearly missed this. No, with powerscaling on (which you are trying to now twist onto me), Spidey would annihilate Bang.

FTR, I am NOT saying powerscaling is on. Bang's feats are his own, and we look at them on their own two feat. Does he have any clearcut speed feats (with numbers) to suggest he can tangle with even low level speedsters?

Magnon
You are giving Saitama's feats to Bang, lol. Let's quote you, and let me add my sentence. Spot the difference!

"I think the only confirmed speed feat in the Flash Forward storyline is when Wally West is faster than the Speedforce. WW has tried to tag/hit/outrun WW on multiple occasions but has been utterly humiliated every time.

Batman/Deathstroke was able to hit an angry Flash, though, which is quite impressive".
I'm giving Saitama's feats to Saitama, and Bang's feats to Bang. Bang avoiding a hit from Saitama is a feat that can be attributed to Bang. Whether it's due to superspeed alone or a combination of superspeed and reading of the opponents intentions, it nevertheless demonstrates Bang's ability to avoid superspeed attacks.

By your criteria, the only admissible feats when assessing an X vs. Y fight would be from the other instances of that same X vs. Y fight? That's hardly how any argument on these forums works; ppl almost always use feats from some X vs. Z fight to imply what might happen in the X vs. Y fight in question. The thing is, Marvel and DC comics are highly inconsistent -- which is why we cannot cherry-pick just the low feats or high feats as suits our purpose but must be impartial. Flash, for example, certainly has the high feats to largely compensate for an occasional low feat, so we can conclude that on the average he wouldn't get hit by Batman or Deathstroke. Bang doesn't really have low feats; he has been extremely consistent with his demonstrations of superspeed and reading of enemy attacks (including superspeed attacks), and the ability to avoid or block them. So that's the power level where he should objectively be placed at.

DarkSaint85
I'm giving Saitama's feats to Saitama, and Bang's feats to Bang. Bang avoiding a hit from Saitama is a feat that can be attributed to Bang. Whether it's due to superspeed alone or a combination of superspeed and reading of the opponents intentions, it nevertheless demonstrates Bang's ability to avoid superspeed attacks.

By your criteria, the only admissible feats when assessing an X vs. Y fight would be from the other instances of that same X vs. Y fight? That's hardly how any argument on these forums works; ppl almost always use feats from some X vs. Z fight to imply what might happen in the X vs. Y fight in question. The thing is, Marvel and DC comics are highly inconsistent -- which is why we cannot cherry-pick just the low feats or high feats as suits our purpose but must be impartial. Flash, for example, certainly has the high feats to largely compensate for an occasional low feat, so we can conclude that on the average he wouldn't get hit by Batman or Deathstroke. Bang doesn't really have low feats; he has been extremely consistent with his demonstrations of superspeed and reading of enemy attacks (including superspeed attacks), and the ability to avoid or block them. So that's the power level where he should objectively be placed at.

My point being that Saitama has low feats (the aforementioned mosquito); who's to say Bang avoiding him isn't another low feat for Saitama?

You then try all manner of mental gymnastics (maybe the mosquito is lightspeed! the attacks magically missed!), whilst saying you are 'impartial', when the simplest explanation is, it was a low showing for Saitama, used for comedic purposes. Certainly not out of the realms of possibility, given the comedic nature of OPM (DS said, sarcastically).

So with that said, this is all we have for where Bang stands in relation to Saitama - another occurrence which is comedic, and could well be another low showing for Saitama. Hence, me saying that you are scaling off the power level of Saitama (some might call that 'power scaling').

DarkSaint85

So...Wolverine level?
https://i.imgur.com/4eIO7lE.png
https://i.imgur.com/CJOtdJO.png

Magnon
My point being that Saitama has low feats (the aforementioned mosquito); who's to say Bang avoiding him isn't another low feat for Saitama?

You then try all manner of mental gymnastics (maybe the mosquito is lightspeed! the attacks magically missed!), whilst saying you are 'impartial', when the simplest explanation is, it was a low showing for Saitama, used for comedic purposes. Certainly not out of the realms of possibility, given the comedic nature of OPM (DS said, sarcastically).

So with that said, this is all we have for where Bang stands in relation to Saitama - another occurrence which is comedic, and could well be another low showing for Saitama. Hence, me saying that you are scaling off the power level of Saitama (some might call that 'power scaling').
As I said, we can clearly observe Saitama moving faster than the eye can see against the mosquito. And his attacks shook the building and the neighborhood. Heat and smoke were emitted from his hands when he punched them together. He was very clearly operating at FAAAAR beyond normal human levels there, demonstrating massive superspeed and -strength (and -durability). I didn't say that the mosquito *necessarily* had superspeed/durability even though that is certainly one possibility; the other option is, as I said, that Saitama's attacks (including the air pressure) somehow magically missed the mosquito. I'm fine either way. But to look at the Saitama vs. mosquito scene and to insist that Saitama wasn't massively superfast and superstrong there, now that's just dishonest. Of course, being unlimited as he is, he did hold back -- he didn't want to destroy his home and everything around it. The result is that he chose to operate only at the barely-faster-than-the-eye-can-see and shake-the-building power level, as was shown to us.

He assumed quite similar power level vs. Bang as well. The hit was fast and powerful enough to cause severe damage to Bang's dojo but it was nowhere near Saitama's max level.

The Wolverine scan you posted is a good example of the subjective cherry-picking I mentioned earlier. If we want to assess character powers objectively we must look at the highs and the lows. For example, Wolverine also got roflstomped by a deer and didn't demonstrate any superspeed or -reflexes there.

DarkSaint85
Perhaps the deer was magically hitting Logan, like that mosquito was magically avoiding Saitama.

Or maybe Bang was magically being missed by Saitama, just as Saitama was magically missing the mosquito. Not necessarily a speed feat for Bang, as it was actually Saitama magically missing him. I'm ok with that

Magnon
Perhaps the deer was magically hitting Logan, like that mosquito was magically avoiding Saitama.

Or maybe Bang was magically being missed by Saitama, just as Saitama was magically missing the mosquito. Not necessarily a speed feat for Bang, as it was actually Saitama magically missing him. I'm ok with that
We indeed don't know anything about that particular deer. Luckily we don't need such guesswork when it comes to Bang's feat: We can clearly see the impact of Saitama's toy hammer hit. We can clearly see Bang moving at superhuman speed (faster than the normal eye can follow). We can also see Bang demonstrating high levels of strength by jumping up and striking his fingers through the ceiling in order to keep away from Saitama. Saitama, by his own admission, was attempting to hit Bang and was angry that Bang avoided it.

DarkSaint85
We indeed don't know anything about that particular deer. Luckily we don't need such guesswork when it comes to Bang's feat: We can clearly see the impact of Saitama's toy hammer hit. We can clearly see Bang moving at superhuman speed (faster than the normal eye can follow). We can also see Bang demonstrating high levels of strength by jumping up and striking his fingers through the ceiling in order to keep away from Saitama. Saitama, by his own admission, was attempting to hit Bang and was angry that Bang avoided it.

So all that we have, from your proof in that scene, is that Bang moves faster than the normal human eye can follow.

Which many street levellers in comics can do. Hell, bullets/arrows move faster than the normal eye can follow.

Attempting to imply that Saitama was anywhere near lightspeed (note, I am NOT saying that you explicitly said this, merely that you implied it by mentioning the feat of him being faster than his reflection) is disingenuous. Him being angry doesn't mean that he was at anywhere close to using his full power, any more so that Magik avoiding an angry Mjolnir toss means that she is faster than Mjolnir's best feats, or Spot is MFTL.

In short....Bang has no real feats to suggest he is able to contend with low-level speedsters, any more than this, which I feel was ignored:
Bang has some feats to suggest that his physical stats are in the high-meta tier. So if you're just asking who could beat him with physicals alone, then it would probably take someone in that realm... Maybe a bit higher.

Edit: also, no, we do not have to look at the highs and the lows. Forum rules aren't like that, certainly not for comics. Even though Flash doesn't clock all of his opponents at speed at the ring of the bell, it is a valid tactic as it is proven that he has speed on that level. Full Capacity rule. My quibble here, is that you are taking *a* comedic scene between Bang and Saitama (where they aren't even fighting), and implying he was at X% of his FTL speed, where this X is high enough for whatever purposes you want to twist it to.

Whereas I am saying, it is not really evidence, at all, it being a low showing. The problem then becomes, Bang has no other real feats besides this.

I can certainly spam this thread with Logan scans showing him faster than normal human eyes. That was just the first scan I remembered.

-Pr-
Who the **** is Bang? The Deadpool guy?

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by -Pr-
Who the **** is Bang? The Deadpool guy?
A One Punch Man character:
https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Bang

Edit:
Hence, why I bumped this thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=678917&pagenumber=5#post17572844

Don't know why you all are comparing comics to Manga. Yes, comics, there is far more solid evidence of someone going light speed. Unraveling puzzles at light speed or chasing a beam of light, evacuating a city at certain speeds, etc... anime doesn't work like that because Anime is 9 times out of 10, all combat. Flashy Flash is FTL. No way around this.
Anime =/= Manga.

Also... this was your idea?
You were at your peak back then stick out tongue

-Pr-
A One Punch Man character:
https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Bang

Oh him. Okay. I only know him from the anime as I've never read the book, so **** if I know.

DarkSaint85
Oh him. Okay. I only know him from the anime as I've never read the book, so **** if I know.

He's around the same as in the manga. Super-skilled martial artist, with a lot of scaling going on in this thread in an attempt to give him some feats to enable him to have a chance and contend against comic characters.

qwertyuiop1998
The thread was done in the first page tbh

Magnon
So all that we have, from your proof in that scene, is that Bang moves faster than the normal human eye can follow.

Which many street levellers in comics can do. Hell, bullets/arrows move faster than the normal eye can follow.
Street levellers cannot consistently move faster than the eye can follow. Only occasionally, due to inconsistency of Marvel/DC writing. Rest of the time, they get hit by a deer.

As you admitted, I'm not arguing that Bang or Flashy Flash are lightspeeders+. That's Carver's argument, not mine. But they *have* genuine superspeed and -reactions unlike the Marvel/DC street levellers who demonstrate superspeed only occasionally and inconsistently.

Oh, he does. For example, his fight(s) against Garou.

No, we cannot just take some isolated feat of our choosing from Marvel/DC comics and establish the power level of a character based on that. This is because the writing is inconsistent. We absolutely need to look at a larger sample size. In Flash's case, there's sufficient evidence to conclude that, on average, he can "clock all of his opponents at speed at the ring of the bell". But full capacity rule does NOT mean "only consider the high feats and ignore the lows".

The Bang vs. Saitama scene is evidence for the former's superspeed. This is very obvious from that scene. Combining that with the other evidence from the OPM manga and anime quite clearly shows that the old man does, indeed, possess superspeed.

As for Logan. He is obviously faster than normal human, there's enough evidence for that. But his showings are less consistent. There are lots of events where he has not been able to demonstrate any notable superspeed abilities. Thus, he's not an actual speedster, just someone with a somewhat enhanced speed.

DarkSaint85
Street levellers cannot consistently move faster than the eye can follow. Only occasionally, due to inconsistency of Marvel/DC writing. Rest of the time, they get hit by a deer.

As you admitted, I'm not arguing that Bang or Flashy Flash are lightspeeders+. That's Carver's argument, not mine. But they *have* genuine superspeed and -reactions unlike the Marvel/DC street levellers who demonstrate superspeed only occasionally and inconsistently.

Oh, he does. For example, his fight(s) against Garou.

No, we cannot just take some isolated feat of our choosing from Marvel/DC comics and establish the power level of a character based on that. This is because the writing is inconsistent. We absolutely need to look at a larger sample size. In Flash's case, there's sufficient evidence to conclude that, on average, he can "clock all of his opponents at speed at the ring of the bell". But full capacity rule does NOT mean "only consider the high feats and ignore the lows".

The Bang vs. Saitama scene is evidence for the former's superspeed. This is very obvious from that scene. Combining that with the other evidence from the OPM manga and anime quite clearly shows that the old man does, indeed, possess superspeed.

As for Logan. He is obviously faster than normal human, there's enough evidence for that. But his showings are less consistent. There are lots of events where he has not been able to demonstrate any notable superspeed abilities. Thus, he's not an actual speedster, just someone with a somewhat enhanced speed.

Quite a few strawmen being used here.

I never argued that Bang had no superspeed. How fast is he, IYO? There are levels to this, after all.

How many times does Logan need? I note you used the words 'isolated feat', 'occasional', so how many occurrences do I need to post?

Magnon
Quite a few strawmen being used here.

I never argued that Bang had no superspeed. How fast is he, IYO? There are levels to this, after all.

How many times does Logan need? I note you used the words 'isolated feat', 'occasional', so how many occurrences do I need to post?
Well, I don't think there's any official ruling for that. If he demonstrates superspeed on, lets say, 75% of his fights and very rarely if ever gets tagged by normal-speed opponents, then I'd tend to agree that he's a "speedster".

Bang satisfies these criteria. Almost always when he fights he demonstrates superspeed. He did that with Melzargard, he did that with Garou, he did that with dragon-level monster association monsters, he did that with several lesser monster association monsters. Furthermore, he never got tagged by hits from random low-level monsters. Unlike Logan, who regularly gets seriously wounded by random thugs and street levellers.

As to how fast, it's hard to say. Considerably faster than bullet-time, that's for sure. Garou very early in his development was able to deflect bullets from a gatling gun and Bang, in turn, was able to keep up with him even after Garou had evolved much further. Darkshine said that Bang beat him up effortlessly, despite Darkshine's ridiculous durability and strength. That's a pretty clear indication of what would happen if some slow-poke MU brick such as the Thing or Colossus tried to fight Bang.

DarkSaint85
Cool. So we can't say how fast he is, just that he's faster than bullets from a Minigun.

A Minigun has a muzzle velocity of 853 m/s. That's assuming Garou was standing right in front of it, of course, or no air resistance.

So that's....Mach 2.5. Garou improved a lot, so...ten times? Mach 25?100 times? Assuming no air resistance of course, in which case we'd have to drop that number, but I don't want to be accused of lowballing.

Jay Garrick would walk all over him.

qwertyuiop1998
Hmmm, I actually think Karate Kid is a good match for him. Both characters pulled a lot of bullshit from their skills

But I guess after what cdtm did to him, nobody wants to hear the character's name again

Magnon
Cool. So we can't say how fast he is, just that he's faster than bullets from a Minigun.

A Minigun has a muzzle velocity of 853 m/s. That's assuming Garou was standing right in front of it, of course, or no air resistance.

So that's....Mach 2.5. Garou improved a lot, so...ten times? Mach 25?100 times? Assuming no air resistance of course, in which case we'd have to drop that number, but I don't want to be accused of lowballing.

Jay Garrick would walk all over him.
Minigun fires at a rapid rate. Blocking all of that is much more impressive than blocking just a single bullet.

Jay's powers have fluctuated quite a bit over the years but most incarnations of him would likely beat Bang, yes. Due to Bang's martial arts mastery and ability to read his opponents, a speedster just slightly faster than him still wouldn't be able to beat him. But Jay's probably too much.

Sin I AM
So Bangs physical cap is high meta

DarkSaint85
Well if you want to bring additional considerations in, impartially, you should be bringing air resistance in, the fact his hands can deflect multiple bullets at once, etc.

Assuming you want to be impartial.

Smurph
How much superspeed does Colleen Wing have

https://i.imgur.com/pbwoBQ5.jpg

mmm

Sin I AM
Well if you want to bring additional considerations in, impartially, you should be bringing air resistance in, the fact his hands can deflect multiple bullets at once, etc.

Assuming you want to be impartial. .
So high meta

Magnon

Assuming you want to be impartial.
Air resistance? The distance between Garou and Death Gatling was 10 meters or less. Air drag doesn't cause significant loss in bullet velocity across such a small distance. And coordinating his movements in order to deflect multiple bullets with each single swing wouldn't drop down the difficulty to "single-bullet-blocking level". A bit less raw speed required in exchange for quite a bit more coordination.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11134/111344366/7528031-deathgatlingdeathshower3.png

carver9
Bang is MUCH faster than speed of sound sonic who was casually capable of seeing the world in slow motion/stand still..

f0SZJO0pnI4

carver9
How much superspeed does Colleen Wing have

https://i.imgur.com/pbwoBQ5.jpg

mmm

She's spinning her sword while Garou is slapping and catching condense bullets out of the air. There's a HUGE difference.

Alex_Ferrana
She's spinning her sword while Garou is slapping and catching condense bullets out of the air. There's a HUGE difference.

Looks awesome.

DarkSaint85
Air resistance? The distance between Garou and Death Gatling was 10 meters or less. Air drag doesn't cause significant loss in bullet velocity across such a small distance. And coordinating his movements in order to deflect multiple bullets with each single swing wouldn't drop down the difficulty to "single-bullet-blocking level". A bit less raw speed required in exchange for quite a bit more coordination.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11134/111344366/7528031-deathgatlingdeathshower3.png

My point being, you casually ignored these factors whilst talking up factors to make it more impressive, i.e. bias. I was saying if you wanted to be impartial, ALL factors need to be considered. Even if it only drops the speed down 'a bit less' (your unproven claim).

Anyway, yeah Jay would be too much for him.

How would you rate Sandman's chances (Spidey villain)? Karate Kid? And yes, Sin, looks like a High Meta. What did Classic Quicksilver top out at again?

MrMind
Bang is MUCH faster than speed of sound sonic who was casually capable of seeing the world in slow motion/stand still..

f0SZJO0pnI4

is this the jojo bizarre adventure they keep talking about?

Magnon
My point being, you casually ignored these factors whilst talking up factors to make it more impressive, i.e. bias. I was saying if you wanted to be impartial, ALL factors need to be considered. Even if it only drops the speed down 'a bit less' (your unproven claim).
Yeah, I didn't have to consider air drag because my claim was that blocking gatling gun autofire requires much more speed than blocking a single bullet. Just in case you didn't know, air drag also affects singly-fired bullets.

By all means, test it yourself. First ask someone to throw a single baseball at you and try to catch it. Then ask, say, 30 guys all throw baseballs at you at rapid rate. Does it feel the same, what do you think? If you factor in the air drag, does that make it feel the same? If you attempt to block multiple baseballs with each swing, surely that reduces the difficulty down to single-baseball levels?

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I didn't have to consider air drag because my claim was that blocking gatling gun autofire requires much more speed than blocking a single bullet. Just in case you didn't know, air drag also affects singly-fired bullets.

By all means, test it yourself. First ask someone to throw a single baseball at you and try to catch it. Then ask, say, 30 guys all throw baseballs at you at rapid rate. Does it feel the same, what do you think? If you factor in the air drag, does that make it feel the same? If you attempt to block multiple baseballs with each swing, surely that reduces the difficulty down to single-baseball levels?

I personally think catching takes more skill and speed/coordination then batting it away, but that's neither here nor there - Garou didn't catch the bullets, but swatted them away.

Then it depends on how I swat these bullets away. With a sword, with the edge, is significantly more impressive, imo, then with the flat of the blade, or with your hand - even if I am swatting multiple bullets away.

But yes - what do you think of Sandman's chances? Karate Kid?

Magnon
I personally think catching takes more skill and speed/coordination then batting it away, but that's neither here nor there - Garou didn't catch the bullets, but swatted them away.

Then it depends on how I swat these bullets away. With a sword, with the edge, is significantly more impressive, imo, then with the flat of the blade, or with your hand - even if I am swatting multiple bullets away.

But yes - what do you think of Sandman's chances? Karate Kid?
Hmm, how good is Sandman's control over his body these days? If he gets dispersed across the field like Garou did to Evil Natural Water would that take him out long enough to count as a win for Bang?

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7f27037a639f35d715f3e72bbbb48811-lq

Anyways, Sandman is probably against the spirit of this thread. If he just fought physically, remaining in humanoid shape and using only his fighting skills, he'd get wrecked time and time again (possibly always getting up soon after, depending on the extent of his control over his body). He would have to use the special physical nature of his body to launch "non-hand-to-hand" attacks in order to achieve any victory other than simply outlasting his opponent. But in that case, where do we draw the line? For example, there probably are many comic book characters who can harm Bang simply by letting him punch them. Radioactive Man? X-Ray? Naked Rogue? Lets say Loa (Alani Ryan) is one of the weakest who could beat Bang in a physical brawl. If Bang hits her, his hands (or feet) would get disintegrated.

Karate Kid is all over the place. His top showings would be enough to beat Bang, I would say.

DarkSaint85
Well, Carv never replied:

And as we're WAY past the 2nd page now, bit too late for OP to stip further.

Carv maybe just wanted a brick in this thread? Or a slugfest? But am sure he's smart enough to have said so in his OP and clarifications. He merely said no gimmicky powers....but never clarified what that is (isn't MA skill a gimmick too?)

So yeah.....looks like a meta tier here. He's really good at what he does, but not versatile enough to really go far beyond that.

carver9
I said no gimmicks or hacks. Sandman is obviously a gimmicky character that cant be punched to sleep. The thread seems pretty obvious. Characters that can be physically dominated via punches and kicks.

DarkSaint85
I said no gimmicks or hacks. Sandman is obviously a gimmicky character that cant be punched to sleep. The thread seems pretty obvious. Characters that can be physically dominated via punches and kicks.

Should've clarified you just wanted bricks, Carvy. Galan even asked you to clarify. Moreover, it's strange you wanted a pure fistfight........but allowed BFR.

Alas. It's too late in the day now. Maybe one day you can choose characters who aren't so limited.

carver9
Sandman is a gimmick

DarkSaint85
Bit late sad better luck next time, just stipulate you want limited bricks laughing out loud

-Pr-
Sandman is a gimmick

No, it's not. It's a powerset. You should have been clearer.

DarkSaint85
I've done High Meta, how about.... mid meta?

Multiple Man - every time he gets hit, a new dupe appears.

carver9
Lets pull a Dark. Bang still knocks him TF out...

https://i.imgur.com/2q2ngHs.png
https://m.imgur.com/a/uW3smbP

Knocked out by Thing...

https://i.imgur.com/jkTlbcS.png

Bang blitzes TF out of him and koes him as soon as the bell rings.

Multiple man gets blitzed and bfred.

Nice try.

DarkSaint85
Scans of Bang BFRing?

carver9
https://i.imgur.com/SrPBijh.jpg

DarkSaint85
https://i.imgur.com/SrPBijh.jpg

That's what you define as BFR?? Lmao. Knocking someone away is BFR now, is it? Want to get your opinion on this.

ShadowFyre
Godzilla

ShadowFyre
Scans of 30 men throwing balls?

DarkSaint85
Scans of 30 men's balls?

At least edit properly. Jeez.

Anyway, I am asking because Carver is famed for continually asking for scans for every single sentence one makes:
How did Tony survive the attack? Scans please.

carver9
How is multiple man beating Bang?

ODG
^ Didn't you say no gimmicks? I'd think Multiple Man's powers would be prohibited by the spirit of this thread because it's supposed to be a straight-up fight. Originally posted by Galan007

But if esoteric stuff like TP, BFR, intangibility, energy projection, etc are still on, then it's another story... You did just say that BFR is an option, after all: Without thinking too hard about it, I suppose I'd agree that his stats are high-meta. But Bang's supposed to be a normal human, or peak human.

It's just that his mastery of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is such that he is easily capable of high-meta feats, maybe beyond. There's stuff he's done that I'd be hard-pressed to see certain high metas perform.

I suppose there's no distinction worth a difference. Bang just operates at that level.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
^ Didn't you say no gimmicks? I'd think Multiple Man's powers would be prohibited by the spirit of this thread because it's supposed to be a straight-up fight. Without thinking too hard about it, I suppose I'd agree that his stats are high-meta. But Bang's supposed to be a normal human, or peak human.

It's just that his mastery of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is such that he is easily capable of high-meta feats, maybe beyond. There's stuff he's done that I'd be hard-pressed to see certain high metas perform.

I suppose there's no distinction worth a difference. Bang just operates at that level.

His powers are a gimmicky.

ODG
^ Ok, so no gimmicks because this is supposed to be a fair fight. I honestly can't come up with a long list of comic characters that could beat Bang in a straight up fight with no gimmicks on those terms.

Monsterized Garou defeated Bang because he also mastered Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. Anybody else who fought Bang had their own physical attacks turned aside almost effortlessly or straight-up turned against them to disastrous effect.

So let's say Thor used a standard swing w/ Mjolnir or Superman threw a casual left-hook at Bang, Bang would just divert those strikes back into their own faces. And they'd probably be knocked out.

On-panel, you could make an argument that you'd need someone who could master Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist and other techniques beyond in a nigh instantaneous manner to beat Bang. In a straight-up fight at least.

EDIT: Forgot this is straight H2H.

Smurph

carver9
Wouldn't consider a physical martial art technique as a gimmick which is the reason I kept this as a fist fight.

Smurph

Smurph
Is there a more gimmicky character than Karate Kid?

StiltmanFTW
Martial arts prowess can reach supernatural levels in both DC and Marvel, yes.

Even the most standard "rolling with the blows" thing is ridiculous in itself, when it saves protagonists from Class 50-100 punches...

ODG
Is there a more gimmicky character than Karate Kid? I'm kind of with carver9 here. Hear me out.

I wouldn't consider Bang's skill as a gimmick. It isn't so much a superpower that is unique as it is a martial arts style that has been honed to ridiculous degree. For instance, Monsterized Garou technically mastered the style. And Bang's brother, Bomb, could probably master it too if he wasn't focused on his own style of the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist. It's not exclusive to Bang. So I could see Bang existing in, and operating by, an American comic's rules. He's just that skilled in his style. It's not a "gimmick" because another martial arts master could feasibly learn it and replicate it.

Karate Kid at his most broken incarnations? That's more a "gimmick" because it simply cannot be replicated. But this is semantics and parsing term use and I won't presume what you mean when you use the term "gimmicky".

Either way, there's a short list of characters that I have trouble compiling that could defeat current Bang w/ Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist straight up in H2H.

And the only character that has beaten Bang so far -- Monsterized Garou -- used Bang's own style (and beyond?) to defeat Bang. Bang didn't even use the Exploding Heart Release Fist -- which is arguably more potent. Bang renounced that style. Keep in mind that the Exploding Heart Release Fist (a body-control technique to release concussive force) is arguably a style that is easier to analogize to techniques in American comics than Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (using the flow of energy/momentum to maximize defense/offense) is.

Smurph

ODG
^ Ain't nobody like Karate Kid in his most broken incarnations though, right? Batman gave Lightning Saga Karate Kid the business.

A bunch of OPM characters can give Bang a pure H2H physical fight, if not win. At least two other OPM characters can almost certainly match/exceed Bang skill-wise. Beyond that, there are definitely a few OPM characters who could outright wreck Bang in a H2H fight.

OPM "power-scaling" is arguably notorious according to the community's vocal minority. I personally think it's very consistent with few outliers (which are more for fun than anything). There has only been a pair of OPM creators that have arguably remained consistent across 150+ issues. At least comparatively speaking when contrasting with the many American comics I've read.

I think people who have read all of OPM would object to Bang's skill being characterized as a gimmick. Especially because he's one of the more straight-forward characters.

Plastic Man has no chance unless we take him at his highest and Bang at his lowest.

Smurph

ODG
^ It's just that Bang is a pure H2H fighter. And other universes have pure H2H fighters too. So it's a fair question to ask and shouldn't necessarily be dismissed with, "Well Bang's skill is just a gimmick and we should dismiss this hypothetical out of hand." I don't think plopping Barry Allen w/ Speedforce into the OPM universe is really analogous to plopping Bang w/ Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist into the DC universe. The former is a broken plot device gimmick. The latter isn't. But I actually don't disagree with your statement as written. So we're arguing semantics.

Bang beats the crap out of Plastic Man. But I'm too drunk to argue why. Consider it a flippant statement and let it pass.

Smurph
thumb up

dmills
Originally posted by ODG
^ Didn't you say no gimmicks? I'd think Multiple Man's powers would be prohibited by the spirit of this thread because it's supposed to be a straight-up fight. Without thinking too hard about it, I suppose I'd agree that his stats are high-meta. But Bang's supposed to be a normal human, or peak human.

If I could hit a "like" on this comment, I would lol. Spot on.

dmills
I'm a huge Iron Fist fan and I don't even think peak Danny could take Bang OR Bomb.

DarkSaint85
Am so glad some of you chimed in.

The issue here is that:
FYI... Bang is faster than a character that's been confirmed as FTL, strong enough to match someone who punches were morphing earth and powers were crossing into another dimension. Durable enough to also physically take blows from this character.

The thread creator was starting to leak precum everywhere, on page 1. Meta tier is where I would've placed Bang, not this....MFTL dimension crossing Bang lol

DarkSaint85
@Smurph...

Also, this probably isn't light speed but this entire battle took place while the entire world around them were frozen...

https://m.imgur.com/a/wkPI89o

https://m.imgur.com/a/bU5U9rc

I hate you

carver9
I love your sexy ass.

DarkSaint85
I know. But still, you're an idiot laughing out loud

carver9
I disagree but that is why we are here, to debate against those peeps we disagree with.

DarkSaint85
So what's the proof Flashy Flash is FTL?

qwertyuiop1998
Yeah, I later actually did some research in that topic. The scan Carver used to prove Flashy Flash is FTL, the words in that scan is called あおり(煽り)文, which is the editor used for attracting/setting a mood.

And worthing noting is these words not always meet the plot since it is the editor who wrote them and the writer could be completely clueless about it

These words often left out in TPB format/Viz versions. Because it main function is to attract these who aren't fan of said manga to read, and if you buy a TPB format, You most likely is the fan of the manga, thus あおり(煽り)文 are unnecessary

Sources( It is written by chinese who can afford to buy these TPB formats, so I can't really take the credit, also that makes MrMind can check if I'm lying or not)

Explained what is あおり(煽り)文 and provides example of these words not always meeting the actual plot. And said Viz version wouldn't contain them
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6669296953

The guy who buys the TPB format, and provides scans to show あおり(煽り)文 only appeared in origial issues and it is meant to attract these who aren't the fans of that manga to read( More specifical, in 93 楼 )
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6681300896?pn=3

Classic NES
Yeah, I later actually did some research in that topic. The scan Carver used to prove Flashy Flash is FTL, the words in that scan is called あおり(煽り)文, which is the editor used for attracting/setting a mood.

And worthing noting is these words not always meet the plot since it is the editor who wrote them and the writer could be completely clueless about it

These words often left out in TPB format/Viz versions. Because it main function is to attract these who aren't fan of said manga to read, and if you buy a TPB format, You most likely is the fan of the manga, thus あおり(煽り)文 are unnecessary

Sources( It is written by chinese who can afford to buy these TPB formats, so I can't really take the credit, also that makes MrMind can check if I'm lying or not)

Explained what is あおり(煽り)文 and provides example of these words not always meeting the actual plot. And said Viz version wouldn't contain them
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6669296953

The guy who buys the TPB format, and provides scans to show あおり(煽り)文 only appeared in origial issues and it is meant to attract these who aren't the fans of that manga to read( More specifical, in 93 楼 )
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6681300896?pn=3

Good article on it https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/7a41130204aa8ab1b25ac386fe3b426123c19318

It honestly sounds like hyperbole. Especially, this bit: 内容を盛り上げるために.

Interestingly, I have the Shounen Jump on my phone and when I get alerts they often give a description similar to あおり文. On the last chapter of OPM it stated that Garou and Saitama fight threatened the solar system. Wish I could find it.

Classic NES
Found it.

https://ibb.co/6bF0F96

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Classic NES
Good article on it https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/7a41130204aa8ab1b25ac386fe3b426123c19318

It honestly sounds like hyperbole. Especially, this bit: 内容を盛り上げるために.

Interestingly, I have the Shounen Jump on my phone and when I get alerts they often give a description similar to あおり文. On the last chapter of OPM it stated that Garou and Saitama fight threatened the solar system. Wish I could find it.
Lol, I think we did the same searching unintentionally.

https://i.ibb.co/rFpZW0s/3.jpg

And yeah, this type of words does sound like a hyperbole. Aside from that you mentioned, I also found other people gave explanation for such words( see my previous post) and their words and evidence seem legit.

I believe あおり文 are generally used as some promotional tool. For example, look at the covers of Black Adam movie in the original version and Japanese version

The original version
https://ibb.co/hsz5w5L

Japanese version. Black Adam is The God of Destruction !!! The Most terrifying Anti-Hero !!!
https://ibb.co/z5dMjRx

And IIRC, Ant-Man also had some "the most powerful" shit in his movie japanese cover version

I think they are like Silver Age introduction pages/ preview words in the end of the issue. Sometimes it can give us information about issues, but they are generally suffered from hyperbolic/fancy words. Or you can imagine them as the titles of stories.

Classic NES
Yeah, the Black Adam poster on the bottom reads "The birth of the angriest antihero in DC's history!" Side in big text reads: "The God of destruction descends!!" So, definitely hyperbole.

DarkSaint85
So much hyperbole laughing out loud

carver9
You've accepted hyperbole statements before, though. 🤷🏾‍♂️

DarkSaint85
You've accepted hyperbole statements before, though. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I don't think you quite understand what's being shown here, lol.

Edit: to be clear: you posted FAN ART, of a cover, no less, as your sole supporting evidence of Flashy Flash's speed.

And still you try to double down. Feel free to run away, as per usual. Go dickride any poster you think has even an inkling of an argument against me, even if you don't know what they're talking about.

carver9
There's different interpretations of the page, that is completely different rhan fan art. If I knew how to speak the language, I would've interpreted it myself. Stop trying to sway from you accepting hyperbolic statements for certain characters.

DarkSaint85
There's different interpretations of the page, that is completely different rhan fan art. If I knew how to speak the language, I would've interpreted it myself. Stop trying to sway from you accepting hyperbolic statements for certain characters.

Did fans add that text? Yes or no? Or was it on the official release?

Again:

So what's the proof Flashy Flash is FTL?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.