A-listers vs Z-lister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
Which character's abilities and standard gear would you choose and why? Which would you choose in the these scenarios : a) Zombie Apocalypse and b) Real Life.

The A-lsters :
Batman - you have his physical stats, his years of fighting experience, and his standard gear.
Daredevil - you have his physical stats, his years of fighting experience, and his standard gear
Punisher- you have his physical stats, his years of fighting experience AND his expertise with weapons, plus his standard gear
Spider-Man - you have his physical stats, his years of fighting experience, his spider sense, and his classic web shooters

The Z-lister :
Titania- you have all her physical stats : strength, speed, endurance, durability, etc... and whatever fighting experience she has

carver9
Either Spiderman or Titania. Cons with Titania is that people would know from the getgo that I'm super human and I would probably be in someone's lab being dissected. With Spiderman, I can still pass for a human.

DarkSaint85
In a zombie apocalypse, Titania. She's bulletproof.

IRL, Batman, with his billions of dolla bills

carver9
Does a zombie have a strong enough bite force to hurt Spiderman?

Parmaniac
Spider-Man in both easily.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Either Spiderman or Titania. Cons with Titania is that people would know from the getgo that I'm super human and I would probably be in someone's lab being dissected. With Spiderman, I can still pass for a human.
Titania looks completely human Carv. She just looks like a very well-built woman.

carver9
Yep, she does look human but once it is discovered that I can tank buildings falling on me and bullets bouncing off of me and my age slowing, tremendously, I will be someone's lab rat. Don't think abilities like that can be hidden for long.

Smurph
Originally posted by Parmaniac

DarkSaint85
Does a zombie have a strong enough bite force to hurt Spiderman?

Most likely not, but I don't want trigger happy survivors shooting me either.

carver9
Spider sense

DarkSaint85
Spider sense

Which will be going off constantly - I'm just thinking I'll be exhausted after a week, two weeks, a month of constantly being on edge with the Spidey Sense constantly going off.

I mean, I didn't forget that Spidey has a Spider sense......

Alex_Ferrana
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Spidey is pretty durable against blunt force trauma, but sharp objects and bullets still can penetrate his skin easily. So I perhaps a strong enough bite would harm him.

StiltmanFTW
Even TWD zombies - who are much less superhuman than in other fiction - have significant bite force, yeah.

Spider-Man got KO'd by Aunt May and bloodied by Jameson's fists, pretty sure he can be bitten.

Much like Aquaman, his other skin layers and muscles are more durable than his epidermis.

StiltmanFTW

Your government would put you in the gas chamber on your first day as Spider-Parm vin

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Even TWD zombies - who are much less superhuman than in other fiction - have significant bite force, yeah.

Spider-Man got KO'd by Aunt May and bloodied by Jameson's fists, pretty sure he can be bitten.

Much like Aquaman, his other skin layers and muscles are more durable than his epidermis.

And Punisher punches harder than your average human and his hits did absolutely nothing to Parker.

StiltmanFTW
And Punisher punches harder than your average human and his hits did absolutely nothing to Parker.

High showing for Pete, outlier even, as he's been hurt by Frank before (and after the panel you're speaking of as well).

Anyway, Pete's skin breaks easily, it's the other tissues underneath the skin that are tough.

And that's all that needs to be penetrated in order to get infected with the zombie virus.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
Titania looks completely human Carv. She just looks like a very well-built woman.

....do you want to look like a well built woman, zop?

Magnificent M
Who doesn't?

zopzop
Ding, ding, ding. This is exactly it. In the Zombie Apocalypse scenario, people are focusing too much on the zombies and not the battle-hardened cold-blooded killers that make up surviving humanity. None of the A-Listers are bulletproof or even knife proof. One lucky (unlucky) shot and it's over for them.
....do you want to look like a well built woman, zop?
embarrasment

Old Man Whirly!
....do you want to look like a well built woman, zop? I'd use loads of shower gel.

StiltmanFTW
Ding, ding, ding. This is exactly it. In the Zombie Apocalypse scenario, people are focusing too much on the zombies and not the battle-hardened cold-blooded killers that make up surviving humanity. None of the A-Listers are bulletproof or even knife proof. One lucky (unlucky) shot and it's over for them.

You're acting as if Titania was bona fide invulnerable... when she's anything but.

She literally developed a Spider-Man phobia.

High calibre rounds would most likely turn her into swiss cheese.

If this zombie apocalypse scenario is taking place in 'Murica, that means getting murdered faster than carver suffers another brain fart.

Alex_Ferrana
You're acting as if Titania was bona fide invulnerable... when she's anything but.

If this zombie apocalypse scenario is taking place in 'Murica, that means getting murdered faster than carver suffers another brain fart.

Is she really weak to high caliber bullets? She's bulletproof, IIRC.

StiltmanFTW
She got penetrated by puny needles made out of titanium.

That means high calibre rounds would **** her up, yes.

Shrugging off small arms doesn't mean you're completely bulletproof, just resistant to a degree.

DarkSaint85

You and I both know bullets, i.e. piercing damage, is treated differently to Spideypunches, i.e. blunt force.

Not saying she's suddenly Juggernaut in durability. But in an apocalyptic situation, the Spidey Sense would be going off 24/7 - I'd be a nervous wreck after a week (being generous). Sure, high caliber rounds MIGHT hurt me (I remember titanium needles piercing her skin in the recent Gamma Corps storyline), but it's going to have to be pretty exotic weaponry to harm me - on average, I'll be encountering zombies far more than high caliber weapons.

Certainly far more than titanium needles, lol.

Not to mention, I'll probably run out of web fluid after a week as well. At least with Titania level durability, I don't have to worry that much.

Smurph

zopzop

Shrugging off small arms doesn't mean you're completely bulletproof, just resistant to a degree.
I remember that incident but IMHO that was a low showing for her durability.

DarkSaint85
With my super strength, I'd be able to jump just as high. In a race, I might even be able to get to the moon thumb up

StiltmanFTW
You and I both know bullets, i.e. piercing damage, is treated differently to Spideypunches, i.e. blunt force.

Oh, it is.

No doubt about it.

Not saying she's suddenly Juggernaut in durability. But in an apocalyptic situation, the Spidey Sense would be going off 24/7 - I'd be a nervous wreck after a week (being generous). Sure, high caliber rounds MIGHT hurt me (I remember titanium needles piercing her skin in the recent Gamma Corps storyline), but it's going to have to be pretty exotic weaponry to harm me - on average, I'll be encountering zombies far more than high caliber weapons.

Agreed, more or less.

But if it's Murica, bro... just go to GDF and ask Imp what arsenal he has at home laughing out loud

That shit ain't even funny.

Certainly far more than titanium needles, lol.

Not to mention, I'll probably run out of web fluid after a week as well. At least with Titania level durability, I don't have to worry that much.

It's definitely true that the cool thing about Titania's powerset is how we wouldn't simply "run out" of it --- whereas Batman's gear is irreplaceable, same with the web fluid.

Hell, even Matt's billy clubs are pretty damn expensive and not something that can get fixed on the fly.

"Frank" is the only one who has it relatively easy, as with his experience & expertise, wouldn't be hard to scavenge some good stuff with the compatible ammo.

Smurph
Also, with his stats and super-senses, Parker would be way more efficient at killing zombies. Every shot a head shot, with my eyes closed.

zopzop
With my super strength, I'd be able to jump just as high. In a race, I might even be able to get to the moon thumb up
I think she has better jumping ability than he does. She flung She-Hulk miles across New York City into New Jersey, then got to her by super jumping the distance.
https://i.postimg.cc/mhrXhR8m/DtxQS8h.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/z3PdgMQ8/Yaz3opU.jpg

He does have better combat reflexes (obviously).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Smurph
Also, with his stats and super-senses, Parker would be way more efficient at killing zombies. Every shot a head shot, with my eyes closed.

https://i.ibb.co/px7xKzg/vidgun.png

vin

Alex_Ferrana

Interesting, I didn't knew about that.

Smurph

StiltmanFTW

Parmaniac

DarkSaint85
Murdock would be.

Pete would just shoot his micropenis off and get hospitalized for a year.

Matt would be dead from the smell, plus the constant moaning. Or at least, I would be with his abilities.

zopzop

Stilt, I just double checked she was taken out by titanium needles fired by the upgraded Redeemer Armor. That thing was supposed to take on Hulk level threats (sure it failed but that's what it was designed for). He even took out Doc Samson with those needles.

Alex_Ferrana
Murdock would be.

Pete would just shoot his micropenis off and get hospitalized for a year.

Or he would shoot anywhere, but not into villain. Because of his no-kill rule.

StiltmanFTW
Stilt, I just double checked she was taken out by titanium needles fired by the upgraded Redeemer Armor. That thing was supposed to take on Hulk level threats (sure it failed but that's what it was designed for). He even took out Doc Samson with those needles.

Still. Titanium is titanium. Not that durable even irl, unless we're talking about specific alloys.

Show me Titania withstanding more fearsome bullets than those fired from an overweight American cop with a puny handgun. I will wait.

And don't tell me that size doesn't matter... if there's anyone on this forum who appreciates big guns, it's definitely you vin

StiltmanFTW
Matt would be dead from the smell, plus the constant moaning. Or at least, I would be with his abilities.

laughing out loud

Very true.

But I'm 100% sure Smurph was daydreaming about Matt's recent fight with Castle, hence why I mentioned that to appease his fantasies.

zopzop
And don't tell me that size doesn't matter... if there's anyone on this forum who appreciates big guns, it's definitely you vin
https://i.postimg.cc/bZtK68nz/jerry-the-mouse-tom-and-jerry.gif

Philosophía
Unless physical stats include intelligence, this would be an easy Spiderman for me, both in real world and in the zombie apocalypse.

Smurph
laughing out loud

Very true.

But I'm 100% sure Smurph was daydreaming about Matt's recent fight with Castle, hence why I mentioned that to appease his fantasies. inlove

zopzop

Sin I AM
Give me Parker powers some riot gear and a gas powered grabbling gun with a nice good old fashioned mace or flail. I'd be unstoppable

Parmaniac
With Parker's stats you wouldn't need a grappling hook, you'd be able to simply jump just as high or throw it so far/high with your natural strength.

StiltmanFTW
Peter's stats in action:

https://i.ibb.co/Lp5zLXW/FB-IMG-16567973278196940.jpg

Parmaniac
That's Aunt May. It's basically Superboy Prime vs Sodam Yat with a tombstone in terms of power.

DarkSaint85
Imagine how fast you would be on a bike.

Sin I AM
With Parker's stats you wouldn't need a grappling hook, you'd be able to simply jump just as high or throw it so far/high with your natural strength.

It's not about need, it's about flair

Parmaniac
Spider-Man - you have his physical stats, his years of fighting experience, his spider sense, and his classic web shooters

Sin I AM
I do wtf I want

DarkSaint85
Well without comic science and Parker's intelligence, making more web fluid will be tricky

Sin I AM
Well without comic science and Parker's intelligence, making more web fluid will be tricky

And I'll be out in days, reserve those shooters for herds and last minute escapes and grab a sledge hammer at the local hardware store. Parm lacks imagination

Philosophía
Sin will obtain more web fluid by jerking off zombies.

Parmaniac
with a sledgehammer and a gas powered grappling hook.

Philosophía
Sin's "local hardware store" is full of whips and gags.

She'd close their mouth with her years of "fighting experience" in no time.

zopzop
I can't believe the lack of love Titania's powerset is getting. You'd think being a mini juggernaut would own IRL and in a post-apocalyptic world infested with zombies and trigger-happy humans.

Parmaniac
I can't believe the lack of love Titania's powerset is getting. You'd think being a mini juggernaut would own IRL and in a post-apocalyptic world infested with zombies and trigger-happy humans. It's the spider-sense that makes real life OP, and Spider-Man's stats are far more than enough in a zombie apocalypse, you can literally bitchslap heads off.

zopzop
It's the spider-sense that makes real life OP, and Spider-Man's stats are far more than enough in a zombie apocalypse, you can literally bitchslap heads off.
Zombies are the least of your worries in that universe. Cold-blooded, battle-hardened, trigger-happy humans are a much bigger threat. One unlucky shot and it's lights out.

And as someone already mentioned, your Spider-sense would be going off 24/7 in such a reality.

DarkSaint85
They aren't as refined as us, zop.

IRL, if Batman's standard gear includes his billions, then I choose that.

zopzop
They aren't as refined as us, zop.

IRL, if Batman's standard gear includes his billions, then I choose that.
I should have been more specific, by standard gear I meant stuff he uses day to day fighting crime : his utility belt, grappling hook, etc..

Parmaniac
And as someone already mentioned, your Spider-sense would be going off 24/7 in such a reality. Not really

DarkSaint85
Parm: 'I am the one setting danger senses off here'

Parmaniac
https://i.ibb.co/52dTV7X/RCO014-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/93XfR0w/RCO015-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/TcFpyMv/RCO016-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/sv0Vhm3/RCO017-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/0DHWt4H/RCO018-w-1653260873.jpg

DarkSaint85
https://i.ibb.co/52dTV7X/RCO014-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/93XfR0w/RCO015-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/TcFpyMv/RCO016-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/sv0Vhm3/RCO017-1653260873.jpg https://i.ibb.co/0DHWt4H/RCO018-w-1653260873.jpg

Those scans literally say its only a temporary solution, and if anything supports my case - that his Spidey sense will be constantly going off.

Could you deal with it going off every 5 minutes, all day? All night, when trying to sleep?

For a day, 2 days, a week? Everytime you need the toilet, or want to eat, etc?

Parmaniac
The part that you're reffering to with the temporary solution is in regards to the dissolving webbing and ultimately curing these people.

"They're all focused on me, but what happens if and when they lose interest? Will they start attacking people on the street?"
I've gotta keep them contained until I can figure out what to do with them."
"Ah that Bus should do the trick"

It's obviously not his own ass he's concerned with. He thinks about civilians that might get attacked. Plus in a zombie apocalypse without a cure and me having his powers I know what to do with them.

The important parts are page 3 panel 1: he webbed Carrion up and his SS went off when Carrion was calling the zombies and he as standing on a minivan (a place where they could reach him)

page 4 panel 2: "Okay, I'm out of reach for the moment now what?"

As you can see no Spider-Sense, because no danger.

and the panel you even mentioned he's on a rooftop save whithout a constantly trigging what?

Going by the logic that his SS would constantly fire up because there's everywhere danger at some place makes no sense. How do you explain that not happening in basically every major event then?

Maximum Carnage when Shriek turned the city into mad men.

https://i.ibb.co/kD6v3jR/RCO004-1471282664.jpg https://i.ibb.co/yyWmh29/RCO005-1471282664.jpg https://i.ibb.co/jbYQFW8/RCO006-1471282664.jpg

or whenever he's infiltrating a secret facility filled with guards.

StiltmanFTW

And you can't order anything at the shop or on the web, pun intended.

Scavenging normal supplies is the top priority, scavenging for web fluid ingredients would be challenging or impossible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.