MCU Spiderman vs. Soldier Boy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Morals off Peter from No Way Home
No BFr

Who wins

NemeBro
Good fight, Spidey beats him to death.

Nah I'm kidding I'm a kunt and haven't actually seen season 3 yet.

I'm probably right though.

FrothByte
Hard to gauge this fight because of how inconsistent Spiderman is. On paper he should be strong enough and fast enough to give Soldier Boy a fight, and he certainly has performed a few feats in his movies to support this, but on the other hand he got beat by Captain America and struggled with the likes of Vulture and Shocker.

Soldier Boy would have easily destroyed any of those 3. So with that said, Spidey puts up a fight but eventually gets killed by Soldier Boy.

Psychotron
Maeve no sold a speeding armored truck slamming into her with zero damage or budging even an inch. I don't think any version of Peter could do that, and Maeve's a lot weaker than Homelander and Soldier Boy, so SB should have a stat advantage.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Maeve no sold a speeding armored truck slamming into her with zero damage or budging even an inch. I don't think any version of Peter could do that, and Maeve's a lot weaker than Homelander and Soldier Boy, so SB should have a stat advantage.

Fair point.

Arachnid1
Maeve no sold a speeding armored truck slamming into her with zero damage or budging even an inch. I don't think any version of Peter could do that, and Maeve's a lot weaker than Homelander and Soldier Boy, so SB should have a stat advantage. Feats don't transfer like that. We don't actually know if Maeve is weaker than SB either. Their both certainly weaker than Homelander, but IMO they're comparable.

On the other hand, everyone in The Boys fights like a slow unskilled brawler. Even Homelander fights like he's an idiot in a bar fight. Skilled UFC fighters are faster and more skilled than any of them, so SB has legit no chance at all in tagging Spidey. He's so outclassed in speed and agility that it's ridiculous (Spidey dodging in-between all those drones shooting at him while blindfolded in FFH comes to mind).

No way Tobey Spidey would be hurt by a moving armored car. Dude was repeatedly smashed by 100s of tons of Sandman and no sold getting hit by a train while on the side of another training coming from the opposite direction (effectively doubling the speed of the hit).

Also, solid chance Holland Spidey could do it. Dude caught that car casually and stopped it dead in it's tracks before it hit a bus. Sure, that's not an armored car (which would be around 12,000 lbs vs that 3000 lb vehicle), but how casual it is means it's nowhere near his limit. Other feats include catching that jet bridge cap dropped on him (60,000 lbs), casually catching a blow from cull obsidian like he did with WS (and Cull was smacking around Iron Man of all people; he did it again in the final fight and this time pulled cull completely back and off his feet), pulling down that crane on Mysterio when tricked in the illusion (also casual), and supporting that collapsing bell tower in FFH.

I think I'd give this fight to Spidey, now that I think about it. His feats give him a solid edge. We didn't really see SB do much but lose every fight he got into. Soldier Boy is no Cull Obsidian.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Also, solid chance Holland Spidey could do it. Dude caught that car casually and stopped it dead in it's tracks before it hit a bus.

Not quite the same. Peter was braced against the bus, Maeve was just standing there. Also, the truck hit Maeve with enough force that she basically cut through the whole thing, engine block and all. And like you said, the truck was much heavier. You're wrong about the weight as well. The truck weighs 12,000 lbs empty. It's 25,000 lbs when loaded and 55,000 if it's loaded with coins. I'm pretty sure the robbers weren't trying to steal an empty armored car, so it's gotta be heavier than 12,000 lbs.

At the end of the day, Maeve is bulletproof and Peter isn't. I have not doubt that Spider-man is much faster, but the strength and durability go to Maeve.

Homelander had a competitive fight with Soldier Boy, while he brutalized Maeve despite holding back severely. HL has repeatedly said SB is almost as strong as him. Soldier Boy > Maeve physically.

Robtard
I'd go with Holland Spider-Man due to more feats.

His best strength feats:

-Easily stopping a speeding car
-Causally overpowering WS's robot arm
-Stopping Cull Obsidian's blow

Cull Obsidian went up against the Hulk Buster armor and almost destroyed it, that same armor that kicked an out of control butt-raged Hulk's ass to the curb.

Arachnid1
Not quite the same. Peter was braced against the bus, Maeve was just standing there. Also, the truck hit Maeve with enough force that she basically cut through the whole thing, engine block and all. And like you said, the truck was much heavier. You're wrong about the weight as well. The truck weighs 12,000 lbs empty. It's 25,000 lbs when loaded and 55,000 if it's loaded with coins. I'm pretty sure the robbers weren't trying to steal an empty armored car, so it's gotta be heavier than 12,000 lbs.

At the end of the day, Maeve is bulletproof and Peter isn't. I have not doubt that Spider-man is much faster, but the strength and durability go to Maeve.

Homelander had a competitive fight with Soldier Boy, while he brutalized Maeve despite holding back severely. HL has repeatedly said SB is almost as strong as him. Soldier Boy > Maeve physically. We saw her go through the armored car right into it, and it wasn't filled with anything but some boxes of bills on the ground. I doubt what we saw in there was enough to add even one ton to the vehicle. IMO it was still pretty close to 12,000 lbs. Spidey could stop that for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zfJeRnh-A

Also, reaching the fight HL had with both Maeve and SB? Maeve both lasted longer and did more damage. Their fight lasted minutes happening simultaneously with the fight The Boys had with Soldier Boy. SBs fight with HL on the other hand? It was clear HL was a bit scared going into the fight with him, but as they fought you could see SBs surprised reactions to HL completely overpowering him. HL himself even states that SB was overhyped. HL had SB overpowered and was strangling him to death in less than a minute (and dude had to be saved by Butcher). Niether of them did particularly well against HL in the end, but Maeve put up a better fight and has better clear cut feats with the armored truck crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWuXMrKsQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFZiasoDjQ

Spidey has strength feats comparable to and some surpassing Maeve's best, so he can definitely hurt SB (and HL for that matter). Spidey outclasses anyone from The Boys in speed/agility so ridiculously that none of them have a chance in tagging him (not to mention the insane Spidey sense upgrade he got in FFH). Soldier Boy has no answer to the tensile strength of Spidey's webbing beyond just blowing himself up (and getting KOed in the process). There is no way he wins this fight.

Psychotron
We saw her go through the armored car right into it, and it wasn't filled with anything but some boxes of bills on the ground. I doubt what we saw in there was enough to add even one ton to the vehicle. IMO it was still pretty close to 12,000 lbs. Spidey could stop that for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zfJeRnh-A

Also, reaching the fight HL had with both Maeve and SB? Maeve both lasted longer and did more damage. Their fight lasted minutes happening simultaneously with the fight The Boys had with Soldier Boy. SBs fight with HL on the other hand? It was clear HL was a bit scared going into the fight with him, but as they fought you could see SBs surprised reactions to HL completely overpowering him. HL himself even states that SB was overhyped. HL had SB overpowered and was strangling him to death in less than a minute (and dude had to be saved by Butcher). Niether of them did particularly well against HL in the end, but Maeve put up a better fight and has better clear cut feats with the armored truck crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWuXMrKsQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFZiasoDjQ

Spidey has strength feats comparable to and some surpassing Maeve's best, so he can definitely hurt SB (and HL for that matter). Spidey outclasses anyone from The Boys in speed/agility so ridiculously that none of them have a chance in tagging him (not to mention the insane Spidey sense upgrade he got in FFH). Soldier Boy has no answer to the tensile strength of Spidey's webbing beyond just blowing himself up (and getting KOed in the process). There is no way he wins this fight.

So you think the thieves were robbing an armored car for what, 1000 bucks? Cool. The question isn't whether he could stop the truck or not. The question is: could Spider-man stand in the middle of the street and let the armored truck ram him at full force without sustaining any damage or moving back an inch? I don't believe so. He's been hurt by less.

The problem with your analysis of the Homelander/Maeve fight is that you're forgetting, or perhaps omitting, that Homelander didn't want to hurt Maeve. He was holding back, while he was going all out against Soldier Boy. In fact, he was begging for her help against him. Speaking of Soldier Boy, he tanked Homelander and Ryan's heat vision. The same HV that melted a super strong being like Stormfront. Do you think Spider-man has that kind of durability?

This is just backwards. Soldier Boy is more powerful than Maeve. Spider-man's strength feats may be more impressive than Maeve's (mostly because she doesn't have a lot), but that doesn't put him above Soldier Boy, who scales off Homelander.

Peter has the edge in speed, SB definitely has durability as he is bulletproof. He should have strength as well, if we accept writer intentions.

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd go with Holland Spider-Man due to more feats.

His best strength feats:

-Easily stopping a speeding car
-Causally overpowering WS's robot arm
-Stopping Cull Obsidian's blow

-Inferior to Maeve's feat.
-What's so impressive about this one?
-I'll give you that one.

The problem is you're comparing Peter to Maeve, who SB is obviously superior to.

Arachnid1
So you think the thieves were robbing an armored car for what, 1000 bucks? Cool. The question isn't whether he could stop the truck or not. The question is: could Spider-man stand in the middle of the street and let the armored truck ram him at full force without sustaining any damage or moving back an inch? I don't believe so. He's been hurt by less.

The problem with your analysis of the Homelander/Maeve fight is that you're forgetting, or perhaps omitting, that Homelander didn't want to hurt Maeve. He was holding back, while he was going all out against Soldier Boy. In fact, he was begging for her help against him. Speaking of Soldier Boy, he tanked Homelander and Ryan's heat vision. The same HV that melted a super strong being like Stormfront. Do you think Spider-man has that kind of durability?

This is just backwards. Soldier Boy is more powerful than Maeve. Spider-man's strength feats may be more impressive than Maeve's (mostly because she doesn't have a lot), but that doesn't put him above Soldier Boy, who scales off Homelander.

Peter has the edge in speed, SB definitely has durability as he is bulletproof. He should have strength as well, if we accept writer intentions. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that "1000 dollars" comment. Clearly it's a couple hundred thousand. You can straight up see it in that clip. Honestly, if Spidey wasn't holding back and he stuck himself to the ground? He could probably stop the truck without being pushed back. Thing is, he wouldn't do that because he wouldn't want to kill the people inside. He'd slow it to a stop. Also, we've seen nothing to suggest SB would be capable of replicating Maeve's feat. On the contrary, she's been shown to be stronger than him a few times.

HL started off the fight with Maeve holding back, but he clearly started taking her seriously and lost his temper when she gave him a bloody nose (which is by the way, more than SB managed to do; all those hits to the face and not even a drop of blood? Maeve is stronger and this is a direct comparison of effect). The dude straight up lasered her, which she took without getting scratched even before blocking it with the bracelet. From that point on, she was still putting up a better fight than SB ever did. She straight up floored HL. She also lobotomized him with a metal straw. So much for that impressive durability of his.

Also, SB was lasered twice. Once by Ryan and once by Butcher. Butcher drew blood from a half second of lasering. Ryan straight up floored SB and had him shook. I doubt he would have taken that laser sustained well. Maeve, on the other hand, took a sustained laser from HL to the chest without budging, and without being scratched. You have to agree that that's a better showing of durability, right? This is another direct comparison of effect.

You seem to hold HL in pretty high esteem. What strength feats does he have in the show that make him so impressive? The best I can remember was casually breaking open the pressurized plane door with one arm (around 18,000 lbs). Also, since you're taking about scaling, why would SB compare when HL was strong enough to restrain and strangle him with one arm (vs needing both arms to grapple with Maeve while gouging out one of her eyes; another direct strength comparison)?

Maeve has the best strength feat in the show and A-train has the best speed feats. Yes, they both feared him so HL is implied to be better by writers intention, but that's not how this forum works. Now, feat wise, we know HL is at least better scaling off of Maeve due to the fight with her since he was clearly winning. Going by your statement concerning SB, we'd technically be scaling his fighting ability off Maeve too. She did better against Homelander and survived longer than SB would have.

Writers intention means nothing. HL is implied to be a Superman level character, but he's clearly not (he is a little closer in the comic, but show him has been lacking). Until we see something better from SB down the line, he's lacking too. Spidey has better strength feats than Maeve, who has better strength feats than SB. SB has done nothing to suggest he's on Spidey's level here, and he's outclassed in every stat with the exception of durability. You're right in that he's bullet proof, at least. He still loses.

NemeBro
Stopping a speeding armoured car isn't even half as impressive as Peter holding up that tower in Far From Home before it eventually crumbled at the foundation and collapsed. It's also probably not as good as catching the jet bridge in Civil War after it fell, which weighs at least 25 tons.

Psychotron
A disingenuous retelling of The Boys fight scenes.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Stopping a speeding armoured car isn't even half as impressive as Peter holding up that tower in Far From Home before it eventually crumbled at the foundation and collapsed. It's also probably not as good as catching the jet bridge in Civil War after it fell, which weighs at least 25 tons.

So you think Spider-man can just stand in the middle of the street and get hit by a 12,000+ lbs vehicle going at a high speed without sustaining any injury or moving an inch? We're talking about the same Spider-man that was overpowered by Captain America, right?

NemeBro
So you think Spider-man can just stand in the middle of the street and get hit by a 12,000+ lbs vehicle going at a high speed without sustaining any injury or moving an inch? We're talking about the same Spider-man that was overpowered by Captain America, right? Bringing up Maeve not moving an inch is pretty irrelevant: the feat isn't actually physically possible because Maeve is many times lighter than the armoured truck. Unless she literally planted her feet into the cement maybe, which I don't recall her doing. It's writer dependent, you're adding on these extra factors to make the feat sound more impressive than it really is.

The more important question is does Peter have feats in excess of the amount of the force it would take to stop an armoured car? And the answer is yes, by far.

Cap? The Cap who together with Bucky tooled Iron Man in hand to hand? The Cap who has physically fought Ultron? The Cap who can throw a bike with enough force to impale an jeep and flip it? The Cap who takes Chitauri lasers to the chest which in the same film were vaporizing people?

Cap more than any other character in that franchise benefits from people being scaled down to him. Characters far stronger than Peter who would tool every supe in the Boys at once have struggled against Cap.

If scaling to Maeve is the best Soldier Boy has Peter would beat him to within an inch of his life, especially given the speed difference.

KingD19
Cap never overpowered Spidey. He outskilled him and dropped the bridge on his head so he could run away. So on top of everything Neme said, Spidey is still demonstrably stronger than anyone else in the Boys. Spidey even pointed out during the fight that Caps shield was essentially helping him cheat because it blatantly defied the laws of physics.

John Murdoch
If Soldier Boy scaled to the top speed feat of Homelander (Homelander getting Elizabeth Shue's baby and Billy Butcher out of the exploding house in the season 1 finale), then I could see him taking Holland Spider-Man. However, SB's fight scenes show that he, Butcher, and Homelander for that matter fight with human combat speed and reflexes.

Spidey has too many speed, agility, and reflex feats, along with his litany of strength and impressive durability feats (getting smacked completely unexpectedly by the bullet train is his number one IMO by far, but also the aforementioned Cull Obsidian dead stop, the SUV dead stop, and getting smashed through plate glass and concrete walls by the Lizard and then the multi-floor body slam by Goblin) to lose this one. For every one hit SB lands, Spidey hits him 20. Eventually, SB goes down unless he double KO's Peter and himself with the Nitro self blow-up move.

Arachnid1
So you think Spider-man can just stand in the middle of the street and get hit by a 12,000+ lbs vehicle going at a high speed without sustaining any injury or moving an inch? We're talking about the same Spider-man that was overpowered by Captain America, right? Cap overpowered Spidey? And I'm being disingenuous? Lol

It's like you're just straight up ignoring feats and clean arguments while substituting your own version of events with flimsy justification like "writers intention". You still haven't even had an answer for SB just being webbed up and wailed on. Nothing says "I know I lost the debate" quite like sticking your head in the sand.

FrothByte
Spiderman won't have a speed advantage, not when he's still getting tagged by guys like Captain America, Vulture or Doc Ock.

He also won't have a durability advantage, not when he's still susceptible to bullets whereas SB can tank laser eyebeams to the face.

Robtard

-Inferior to Maeve's feat.
-What's so impressive about this one?
-I'll give you that one.

The problem is you're comparing Peter to Maeve, who SB is obviously superior to.

-Okay, maybe, it's still an impressive feat

-Because Bucky's robo-arm is incredibly strong (punched into concrete, can rip into Tony's armor) and Peter overpowered it as easily as a grown man would overpower a toddler trying to hit him. it's not just the feat, it's how easily it was done

-Of course you will, cos Spider-Man has some extremely high-end feats and would likely win this

You're the one that brought in Maeve as a qualifier to SB, no? But as noted SM has superior feats to SB, he fights guys that would wipe the floor with SB.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Spiderman won't have a speed advantage, not when he's still getting tagged by guys like Captain America, Vulture or Doc Ock.

He also won't have a durability advantage, not when he's still susceptible to bullets whereas SB can tank laser eyebeams to the face.

It's best to go with highest showings for all characters in these fights, otherwise it's open to interpretation and you have haters constantly low-balling characters.

SM's highest feats, puts him above SB in speed and agility.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
It's best to go with highest showings for all characters in these fights, otherwise it's open to interpretation and you have haters constantly low-balling characters.

SM's highest feats, puts him above SB in speed and agility.

Unfortunately, it seems only Spiderman's highest showings are being considered, not SB's.

SB doesn't have a lot of feats but based on his fights with Homelander, we can at least get a scale of where he's at. Yet people aren't considering Homelander's highest speed showings. They lower Homelander's speed to "just brawling" whenever he fought with SB.

So shouldn't we do the same thing with Spiderman? When he fought against Cap, Vulture or Doc Ock, wasn't he also operating at "just brawling" speeds as well?

I mean, has Spidey ever fought a decent superpowered opponent that he completely blitzed with speed?

Robtard
Like I said, it happens both ways.

I can't remember Homelander blitzing in a fight either, but I could just not remember.

I'd also not argue that SB wouldn't be able to hit SM at all, just that SM has the advantage in speed/agility.

Ones I recall regarding speed: Overwhelming Thanos for a bit in IF when they all fought on Titan, dodging Electro's lighting in NWH, dodging the Stark drone bullets in FFH.

I thought of another high-end SM strength feat, hitting Giant-Man in the face and visibly rocking him backwards.

https://i.imgur.com/nqfc4pj.gif

edit: Parker probably only weighs 150-160 pounds, yet managed to do that.

According to the internet nerds using scaling and maths, GM would be around 82 feet tall and weigh around 245 tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.