Wolverine vs Sabertooth cutting contests

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Classic NES
Hardest material they can cleave cleanly in two with one swipe

1. A 2x4
2. Typical tree
3. Sheet metal
4. A cement block
5. Steel girder
6. 12" thick bank vault made of titanium
7. Supermans field.

Who makes it the furthest and who can clear it first if at all?

StiltmanFTW
His name is Sabretooth, not "Sabertooth" smile

But if you want to give Creed a lightsaber, go ahead, he sure could use it in your thread right here.

Creed's claws... even when adamantiumized... don't have the same amount of feats or statements that Wolverine's claws do. They're also quite short.

He's still got some great feats with them, but if the goal here is to dice stuff clean in two with a single wave of their arms... then I'm not liking his chances here, unless we stick with using the best feats and forget about the rest.

1-5 is easy for both of them. If anything, Creed might be limited by the length of his claws - vast superhuman strength or adamantium's armor piercing qualities can't make up for that. Or maybe it can in some books (Rage of Ultron comes to mind), but it goes against common sense.

6 is when Logan's bone claws are likely to stop. Adamantium ones will beat it easily, though, seeing how he's sliced a hole in the omnium doors that had the same thickness... and omnium is much stronger than titanium.

Creed again, is limited by the length of his claws. Unless we want to completely disregard that and use comic book logic only, it's a problem.

7 - Superman dies thumb up

Classic NES
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
His name is Sabretooth, not "Sabertooth" smile

But if you want to give Creed a lightsaber, go ahead, he sure could use it in your thread right here.

Creed's claws... even when adamantiumized... don't have the same amount of feats or statements that Wolverine's claws do. They're also quite short.

He's still got some great feats with them, but if the goal here is to dice stuff clean in two with a single wave of their arms... then I'm not liking his chances here, unless we stick with using the best feats and forget about the rest.

1-5 is easy for both of them. If anything, Creed might be limited by the length of his claws - vast superhuman strength or adamantium's armor piercing qualities can't make up for that. Or maybe it can in some books (Rage of Ultron comes to mind), but it goes against common sense.

6 is when Logan's bone claws are likely to stop. Adamantium ones will beat it easily, though, seeing how he's sliced a hole in the omnium doors that had the same thickness... and omnium is much stronger than titanium.

Creed again, is limited by the length of his claws. Unless we want to completely disregard that and use comic book logic only, it's a problem.

7 - Superman dies thumb up

Thanks for the well thought out response. For the sake of this thread we'll go by feats via comic book logic. smile

StiltmanFTW
Anytime thumb up

Yeah, okay, but even comic book logic has limits.

Creed's claws are great natural weapons, but they're not intended to work as short katanas. He mauls people like a tiger --- like his namesake. His kills are messy and he loves it that way. He's not Samurai Jack. That instantly puts him at a disadvantage in this thread and drastically reduces the amounts of usable showings.

Whereas Wolverine's claws are one foot long, less than 1mm thick, much better suited for this purpose. Plus, he's got the samurai training (under numerous masters), which certainly helps here.

Here's a great cutting feat for Creed that completely ignores the length of his claws:

https://i.ibb.co/FxmpMhv/creed.png

Which is all fine & dandy, but he still doesn't do it even 1/4 as often as Wolverine, because of the reasons mentioned above.

Btw, you want to discuss the Adamantium versions of both characters or all possible showings?

Adamantium is not really standard for Creed; but it's hard to tell these days, especially after Greg Pak bringing it back and forgetting about it in his own book.

Classic NES
I was under assumption both Creed and Logan have adamantium infused skeletons. Didn't know it varies? Is it like bone claw wolvie or less consistent?

StiltmanFTW
You've assumed so after spending 16 years on this site? mmm Oh well, happens.

Wolverine has clearly defined periods of time with/without adamantium.

October, 1993 to October/December, 1999 is the classic Bone Claws era. And anything that happened before Weapon X, obviously. Plus, few stories with supernatural elements involving travelling back in time or being trapped in the hell dimension.

Creed, not so much. It's one big mess. Whenever he gets adamantium, he tends to lose it really fast.

Classic NES

Creed, not so much. It's one big mess. Whenever he gets adamantium, he tends to lose it really fast.

That particular tidbit I didn't know. Always assumed he had a bone claw era similar to logan. So, it comes and goes plus his claws are shorter and he lacks sword training. So, I'm gonna bet logan wins quite comfortably. But, I gotta ask how are they gonna cut through Supermans field?

StiltmanFTW
Organic claws, not bone claws. Your nails aren't bone. And even if we assume Creed is built like big cats, that would still make his claws keratin, not bone.

Super-durable, fictional variety of keratin, perhaps... but not bone per se.

The first time he got adamantiumized, it was clear when he got it and when he lost it. Then he got adamantiumized again... but writers seemed to have ditched the idea after the M-Day.

Then Pak happened and contradicted himself on the matter, somehow managing to make it an even worse mess.

--
Superman's bio-aura is a thing of the past, an abandoned concept, so they cut through it because it doesn't exist stick out tongue

Classic NES
Organic claws, not bone claws. Your nails aren't bone. And even if we assume Creed is built like big cats, that would still make his claws keratin, not bone.

Super-durable, fictional variety of keratin, perhaps... but not bone per se.

The first time he got adamantiumized, it was clear when he got it and when he lost it. Then he got adamantiumized again... but writers seemed to have ditched the idea after the M-Day.

Then Pak happened and contradicted himself on the matter, somehow managing to make it an even worse mess.

--
Superman's bio-aura is a thing of the past, an abandoned concept, so they cut through it because it doesn't exist stick out tongue

Damm Ok, for the sake of this thread let's pretend it's still a thing. A pre-retconned field if you will. How would it do against the claws?

carver9
Stilt, stop being a butthole. The guy is acting reasonable.

StiltmanFTW
And so am I, by correcting any mistakes or misconceptions and elaborating on the subject in more words than you could ever be able to comprehend, carvie.

Originally posted by Classic NES
Damm Ok, for the sake of this thread let's pretend it's still a thing. A pre-retconned field if you will. How would it do against the claws?

Byrne era Supes, then?

Wolverine has stabbed Gladiator all the way through the shoulder, cut the living shit out of Count Nefaria and left him a bloody mess and appeared to have wounded the Sentry.

Whereas Creed... his only showings against Superman analogues (when his claws succeeded, I mean) would be fighting Mr. Sinister's "Supermen" and perhaps Rogue with Wonder Man's powerset.

Which are good feats for sure, but not as good as the big names above.

**** it. Both could do it stick out tongue

ODG
^ Wolverine wounded Sentry? I recall Sentry basically no-selling Wolverine's claws with his fingers when they first fought. Is there another fight you're referring to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.