Saitama runs the marvel hardcore gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
seems like people here love to discuss the recent chapters of OPM

so let's put his feats into perspective

CIS is OFFFFFFFFF, BFR IS OFFFFFFF

1. Magneto
2. Vulcan
3. Black Bolt
4. Gladiator
5. Thanos
6. DS Sentry
7. Odin
8. Surtur with twilight sword
9. Classic Doctor Strange
10. Cosmic Thor
11. Kubik
12. Eternity
13. Beyonder
14. Protege

where does he stop

Gecko4lif
stops around 6 or 7

carver9
Stops at 12.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
Stops at 12.

you think he can beat Kubik who can crush universe with the palm of his hand?

Stoic
Stops at 7 or 8. He may even stop at Thanos. Can't really see him defeat Sentry.

Glorificus
Stops at 5.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Stops at 7 or 8. He may even stop at Thanos. Can't really see him defeat Sentry.

Odin gets dropped tbh.

DarkSaint85
5 or 6. Maybe even 4.

People need to realise, the events on Io and the fight with Garou didn't happen. It's been retconned.

Enzeru
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
5 or 6. Maybe even 4.

People need to realise, the events on Io and the fight with Garou didn't happen. It's been retconned.

Not that it matters in the first place. Saitama sneezing half of Jupiter away is impressive on a tangible level, but can't compete with Marvel cosmic cheese. Hulk tanks hits from Galactus, who wipes out solar systems in a weakened state. Hulk destroys an entire universe in one of his fights. Hulk pushes back against a black hole. Hulk is stronger than Hercules, who has held up the universe. Those feats are entire dimensions above Saitamas Jupiter feat, but they are not tangible. (No, Carver didn't hack my account. I'm just using Hulk as a popular example.)

So what do you side with?

I side with the Marvel size. In theory Saitama wrecking Jupiter should put him above the average portrayal levels of many Marvel mainstream high tiers like Thor and Hulk. But then again, those characters have whacky universal feats, which shouldn't be ignored. Their best high end feats are way better than Saitamas best high end feat.

However, as I always used to say: Just because a character didn't do something, doesn't mean that they can't. Saitama might very well outperform Thor and Hulk in their instances. Based on how he is written, he absolutely would. But if we compare the impressiveness of their feats, I'll take Thor hurting the Chaos King over Saitama destroying Jupiter with a sneeze. In terms of power: abstract comic book non-sense > One Punch Mans physical tangibility.

Classic NES
Stops at 11 maybe, is this current Odin or classic?

Diesldude
Stops at 5

Smurph
Originally posted by Enzeru
Not that it matters in the first place. Saitama sneezing half of Jupiter away is impressive on a tangible level, but can't compete with Marvel cosmic cheese. Hulk tanks hits from Galactus, who wipes out solar systems in a weakened state. Hulk destroys an entire universe in one of his fights. Hulk pushes back against a black hole. Hulk is stronger than Hercules, who has held up the universe. Those feats are entire dimensions above Saitamas Jupiter feat, but they are not tangible. (No, Carver didn't hack my account. I'm just using Hulk as a popular example.)

So what do you side with?
That's ... a lot of wrong in one paragraph.

abhilegend
Yeah, it's a hallmark of Enzeru

DarkSaint85
I'm not sure Carver DIDN'T hack his account, tbh.

carver9
Solid points there about Hulk. He still gets one punched by Saitama though. Glad he isn't in this thread.

DarkSaint85
What's Saitama's best speed feat? With scans and an explanation of what's happening in said scan.

And no 'what about-ery' please. Don't be that stupid and respond to questions with a question.

ODG
^ Probably bouncing around the debris of Io to overwhelm Awakened Garou.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
^ Probably bouncing around the debris of Io to overwhelm Awakened Garou.

Yeah, and I don't want to be that guy (but I know I'm absolutely becoming,if not already, that guy)....but with the time travel, that Io fight never happened.

Not to mention, as Enzeru said - how does that stack up to Marvel? I remember a lot of people making a big deal out of Gladiator, for example, crossing galaxies in the blink of a god's eye - criss-crossing a moon, whilst impressive, isn't anything compared to that, imo. Unless we had hard numbers. And yes, I know there were detractors for Glads' feat, but they were usually of the 'OMG WELL SUPREMANZZ IS TOTES EVEN FASTTERRR'.

carver9
So every time Flash time travels, does that exempt his previous fts? Also, what about others that used the wheel to travel back in time, does that exempts previous fts that happened and yes, you're always that guy

DarkSaint85
So every time Flash time travels, does that exempt his previous fts? Also, what about others that used the wheel to travel back in time, does that exempts previous fts that happened and yes, you're always that guy

What's Saitama's best speed feat? With scans and an explanation of what's happening in said scan.

And no 'what about-ery' please. Don't be that stupid and respond to questions with a question.

Lmao.

Anyway, did you read OPM Chapter 168? Where Saitama has no memory of what happened, his clothes have no damage, no one died etc?

Tell me, when Flash changes time, does he lose his memory? Say, when Wally created time clones, did his clones lose memory of what happened?

In short, the way Saitama changed time, meant that his current self never actually fought Garou on Io etc - that's the whole point. He defeated Garou not with one punch, but with zero punches (i.e. he never actually fought him, never farted through space, never sneezed Io away etc).

I thought manga was your thing. There are so few words to read, yet you still are unable to grasp the story.

We see a good example of this with Flashpoint. Barry Allen Wales up, powerless. He changed the past, so he never got powers. Crucially, however, his memory is still intact so he goes to find Batman etc.

Read a comic one day.

Parmaniac
edit

carver9
Edit

carver9
🤣🤣🤣😭...you're an ass, dark

Parmaniac
Anyway, did you read OPM Chapter 168? Where Saitama has no memory of what happened, his clothes have no damage, no one died etc? I have to check but I'm sure you're wrong on this.

DarkSaint85
Edit

Not my fault you can't read, is it? I explicitly said no what about-ery, lol, because I knew you'd come in here asking what about this, and what about that.....

But yeah. When Flash time travels, he remains constant. Saitama doesn't - we saw him lose all of his memory of what happened, we saw all his battle damage (i.e. his clothes) reverse....he didn't even know what he was doing holding Genos' core. So yeah, it was all retconned. Sorry.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I have to check but I'm sure you're wrong on this.

I translated it myself.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMfxR2xp/69.jpg

Naked Saitama merged with clothed Saitama, and the result is a Saitama who never fought on Io etc, and doesn't remember anything of said fight. Which means he also likely lost the knowledge of how to time-travel, as it was a skill he learnt at the end of said fight.

Parmaniac
Yeah you're correct, I got lost on that naked moment. After the fusion he didn't seem to remember shit.

carver9
Seems like his memories came back. Genos death happened AFTER Garou standing on the mountain scene thanking God. Saitama is surprised Genos is alive after the time travel when again, Genos died AFTER Garou standing on top of the mountain scene...

https://ibb.co/J7CXcSt

ODG
Yeah, and I don't want to be that guy (but I know I'm absolutely becoming,if not already, that guy)....but with the time travel, that Io fight never happened. Well... you're not the first poster who reacted to a feat and declared IDLI, IDH...

Parmaniac
Seems like his memories came back. Genos death happened AFTER Garou standing on the mountain scene thanking God. Saitama is surprised Genos is alive after the time travel when again, Genos died AFTER Garou standing on top of the mountain scene...

https://ibb.co/J7CXcSt Maybe he still remembers stuff, but that scan is not an indicator for that then. Because he thought Genos was dead because he still held that core from the other timeline in his hand and from that concluding current timeline Genos is dead.

Shouldn't that core also fuse with Genos now?

DarkSaint85

https://ibb.co/J7CXcSt

He's surprised because he was literally holding Genos'core in his hands, and was in shock.

It's like me holding a bloody heart in my hands with a label saying XYZ's heart....then seeing XYZ actually alive. Honestly, how is this sp hard to understand with so few words??

Maybe he still remembers stuff, but that scan is not an indicator for that then. Because he thought Genos was dead because he still held that core from the other timeline in his hand and from that concluding current timeline Genos is dead.

Shouldn't that core also fuse with Genos now?

It should, hence why I'm curious how it all plays out. Genos once more is the only one to see naked Saitama punch Garou out, too.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
Well... you're not the first poster who reacted to a feat and declared IDLI, IDH...

Eh, then with that, it opens us up to all manner of convolutions.

For example, here is Gladiator in combat, being FTL:
https://imgur.com/uF6PWJo.jpg

Of course the story ended with time being changed etc...but I personally don't really find it usable as a feat for Glads'.

Of course, in this thread, if Saitama's feats are all allowed, then we should do the same for the others.

Smurph
Is that the same story where Black Bolt shouts at Galactus?

Astner
Originally posted by Stoic
This seems reasonable.

DarkSaint85
@Smurph it is indeed, amped Galactus no less. Staggers him with screams, and Strange needs to really dig out a spell powerful enough to protect them.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
Well... you're not the first poster who reacted to a feat and declared IDLI, IDH...

Me right now:

https://i.postimg.cc/qRPFhJxc/mb51si59ubd91.png

ODG
laughing out loud Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Eh, then with that, it opens us up to all manner of convolutions. I see now the magnanimity behind your opinion. You're just looking out for the sake of KMC's collective rationality.

https://media.giphy.com/media/JccQbfNVtAMow/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Smurph
Is that the same story where Black Bolt shouts at Galactus?

Yes.

Doctor Strange v5 #16.

That reality doesn't have its own designation number atm, but it's only a matter of time before it gets one:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-TRN892

Magnon
Future Genos' core still exists, therefore the future has NOT been "retconned away". Also, Future Saitama did NOT get erased from existence; he just merged with Current Saitama.

carver9
Dark is reaching

DarkSaint85
You ever get tired of riding on others'coattails, Carv?

But Current Saitama is what we use.

carver9
Says the guy who rides Pr.

That IS current Saitama. Two Saitamas merged including the one that fought Garou.

-Pr-
You're so jealous.

DarkSaint85
Says the guy who rides Pr.

That IS current Saitama. Two Saitamas merged including the one that fought Garou. The fact that Magnon differentiated between the two tells you all you need to know.

Current Saitama has no memory of the fight. The text makes clear of this. But by the by - what's Saitama's best speed feat? And how fast was he?

Originally posted by -Pr-
You're so jealous.
laughing out loud

Diesldude

carver9
The fts still counts. Same charcuterie, same Saitama that fought Garou.

He's faster than anyone here. No one here have display after images across an entire moon bigger than earth's moon and no one here can do it.

carver9
Diesldude, you don't know what you're talking about.

Parmaniac

Diesldude
Diesldude, you don't know what you're talking about.
Is it because my post agrees with you that the feat should count ? laughing out loud

Diesldude
Garou did that because Saitama told him the child he wanted to protect died, then had a change of heart and showed Saitama how to **** with time.

I agree on the fact that the feats are still legit because I see no reason why all of the sudden Saitama shouldn't be capable of such things. It's basically the exact same character just a bit earlier. But I don't want to have an argument about it.

thumb up agreed.

ODG
The fts still counts. Same charcuterie, same Saitama that fought Garou. I was tricked into googling charcuterie to see if there was another definition that I was unaware of.

https://y.yarn.co/4107c12a-78dd-48da-9acc-aa2e859054d5_text.gif

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ODG
I was tricked into googling charcuterie to see if there was another definition that I was unaware of. It's Carter's french side that comes through sometimes.

EDIT: It's actually a french word laughing out loud

Smurph
This is so f*cking funny

Carver, what a gem

MrMind
This is so f*cking funny

Carver, what a gem

it's same charcuterie bro, get with it

https://i.ibb.co/h90JPk3/how-to-make-a-charcuterie-board-2-1638294539.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
I was tricked into googling charcuterie to see if there was another definition that I was unaware of.

https://y.yarn.co/4107c12a-78dd-48da-9acc-aa2e859054d5_text.gif

Lol... "character"

StiltmanFTW
Same charcuterie, same Saitama

https://i.ibb.co/DL0XDTV/monophy.gif

DarkSaint85
Garou did that because Saitama told him the child he wanted to protect died, then had a change of heart and showed Saitama how to **** with time.

I agree on the fact that the feats are still legit because I see no reason why all of the sudden Saitama shouldn't be capable of such things. It's basically the exact same character just a bit earlier. But I don't want to have an argument about it.

That's the thing though, to me they're NOT.

I know you don't want to argue this point, am responding to your point all the same and others can respond if they want -your silence won't be taken as your concession or whatever e-dick measuring that usually goes on

Saitama, to me, responds according to his opponent. He grew to Jupiter sneezing levels, only as a result of his fight, after promising Tareo he'd defeat Garou. He learnt time travel as a direct result of the fight. He copied Garou's moves.

https://i.postimg.cc/k4FLRVfQ/LMdcBOs.png

'like none he had ever experienced'. He doesn't just get to these levels at the drop of a hat - it depends on his opponent, and the fact Genos died. And we know he was using Garou's moves, because:
https://i.postimg.cc/zX3P8PZS/bS8RIol.png

In short, now that Garou was defeated in the past, he never fought Saitama. Tareo doesn't die, Saitama doesn't make any promises, Genos doesn't die, Saitama never needs to ramp up, never learnt time travelling skills, never copies Garou.....
It's a short time period, but a completely different Saitama in terms of skills and power levels.

DarkSaint85

He's faster than anyone here. No one here have display after images across an entire moon bigger than earth's moon and no one here can do it.

How fast is that though?

I, a normal human, can create afterimages by waving my hand in front of my face (you guys try it, lol).

What Saitama did? Much much much MUCH more impressive l, not denying that, but how fast is it? It's completely useless as an indication of speed. If you can't give me even a ballpark figure in terms of mph or magnitudes (lightspeed, 1/2 lightspeed, whatever) then it's useless.

Another example. Watch a movie - any movie. Chances are it's running at 24fps - in other words, it's flashing 24 images at you every second. But your eyes can't see that fast, so there's no blur, no afterimages -24fps is your limit.

Saitama leaving afterimages says more about Garou's limitations, not his speed. Agreed Saitama needs to be fast, but again, afterimages on their own mean nothing. Go back to my example of handwaving. Now look at a race car going at 150mph - does it leave after images? NO! Does your hand leave afterimages? Yes. Does that mean your hand is moving faster than 150mph? Lol.

It's completely unusable as a speed feat, certainly in terms of pinning down speeds. My hand is going far slower than a racecar, but cars don't leave afterimages.

qwertyuiop1998

I only edited my profile for Touhou music for a while now.......but this gem.....edited

Enzeru

He grew to Jupiter sneezing levels, only as a result of his fight, after promising Tareo he'd defeat Garou.

I was brain AFK, when I stated that Saitama destroyed Jupiter. That of course never happened. And I feel like even saying that he "sneezed Jupiter away" is too much.
Jupiter is a gas giant and is way less dense than Earth (still heavier overall though). Saitama sneazed away half of Jupiters non-solid surface and created a small crater in Jupiters core. Again, still an impressive feat and even that crater would have been enough to wreck Earth.

But then again, when you put that up against Marvel feats like Thanos coming out of a black hole with minor bruising and some blood... Put a black hole next to Jupiter and what happens?
I understand that it's just a sneeze and that Serious Series Serious Punch would scale up, but by how much? Can a Serious Punch cause damage on a black hole level?

DarkSaint85
Like, what is a serious punch meant to do to DS Sentry? I'm still mystified, people haven't brought anything to debate how DS loses. Physical damage is.....kinda useless against him, he has better speed feats, has TP etc....

h1a8
Originally posted by MrMind
seems like people here love to discuss the recent chapters of OPM

so let's put his feats into perspective

CIS is OFFFFFFFFF, BFR IS OFFFFFFF

1. Magneto
2. Vulcan
3. Black Bolt
4. Gladiator
5. Thanos
6. DS Sentry
7. Odin
8. Surtur with twilight sword
9. Classic Doctor Strange
10. Cosmic Thor
11. Kubik
12. Eternity
13. Beyonder
14. Protege

where does he stop

Stops at 12
Although he could best Protege

Everyone else gets punched into chunks or disintegrated.

h1a8
Like, what is a serious punch meant to do to DS Sentry? I'm still mystified, people haven't brought anything to debate how DS loses. Physical damage is.....kinda useless against him, he has better speed feats, has TP etc....
Disintegration is a win, if it take DS Sentry more than 10 seconds to come back. Otherwise you are correct and DS Sentry should be last on the list (well Eternity since he has no physical body to hit).

DarkSaint85
Firstly, where does this 10seconds come from?

Secondly, what makes you think he can hit Sentry - what is Saitama's best speed feat?

Thirdly, how did you time Sentry's regeneration speed? How can you say it may take more than 10 seconds?

StiltmanFTW

I'm going to use Zopzop's favorite gif for this one:

https://i.postimg.cc/bZtK68nz/jerry-the-mouse-tom-and-jerry.gif

DarkSaint85
I mean it makes sense, being incapacitated for 10 seconds is a long time, especially relative to these guys.
You think they're going to give both cores to Genos, enabling him to unlock his true potential?

Parmaniac
You think they're going to give both cores to Genos, enabling him to unlock his true potential? That's what I had in mind, the situation gave my DBZ Piccolo/God vibes.

Galan007
Regarding Saitama:

From an in-universe pov, his entire fight with Garou was effectively retconned, as the battle never happened thanks to the time travel hijinks he preformed... And Saitama himself seems to have reverted back into the mindset(and power-level) he walked around in before the fight(because he technically never had to access those levels in the first place.) That said, the feats themselves are still viable in the sense that we now know what Saitama is capable of when he is pressed to the max, and enters a fully serious/uncuffed/bloodlusted mindset... But it of course takes him a decent amount of time(and loss) against a very powerful opponent to get to those levels.

IOW, I think it is certainly possible for Saitama to eventually ramp up to that level again, but it doesn't seem like he'd *start* there in a standard battle... Though the OP's "CIS is off" stip kind of muddies the waters there.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
Regarding Saitama:

From an in-universe pov, his entire fight with Garou was effectively retconned, as the battle never happened thanks to the time travel hijinks he preformed... And Saitama himself seems to have reverted back into the mindset(and power-level) he walked around in before the fight(because he technically never had to access those levels in the first place.) That said, the feats themselves are still viable in the sense that we now know what Saitama is capable of when he is pressed to the max, and enters a fully serious/uncuffed/bloodlusted mindset... But it of course takes him a decent amount of time(and loss) against a very powerful opponent to get to those levels.

IOW, I think it is certainly possible for Saitama to eventually ramp up to that level again, but it doesn't seem like he'd *start* there in a standard battle... Though the OP's "CIS is off" stip kind of muddies the waters there.

Pretty much.

Add in a physical foe like Garou, with skills to copy, add in the loss of Genos, the loss of Tareo, the promise to Tareo, the BFR to Io (so he can cut loose), then sure, Current Clothed Saitama can eventually ramp up and replicate Future Naked Saitama showings.

But current Saitama isn't doing any of that, without those conditions. Different skillset, different power levels.

MrMind
Originally posted by h1a8
Stops at 12
Although he could best Protege

Everyone else gets punched into chunks or disintegrated.

you think he could best protege who's above living tribunal?

carver9
Shouldn't Saitama be twice as strong now?

MrMind
laughing out loud

go carver go

DarkSaint85
Shouldn't Saitama be twice as strong now? laughing out loud

carver9
🤦🏿

DarkSaint85
🤦🏿
Oh were you actually serious?

carver9
2 Saitamas merged into one makes twice as strong, right?. I learned this from people on KMC.

DarkSaint85
Oh you're actually being serious, ok.

Was Saitama split in two to keep him weakened? Asking for a friend.

carver9
Ok, 2 FULL POWERED Saitamas merged with each other. The characters were never split apart. Huge difference here. Please share this info with your friend and let me know what he/she say.

StiltmanFTW
Same charcuterie, same Saitama

Parmaniac

DeadpoolXXX
this isn't a "saitama squared" situation where 2 different saitamas fused into one being lol.

after saitama went back in time and dropped the technique, his future self just consolidated with his past self in order to sync back up with the past. there is no implication that saitama became more powerful by doing this. it is just saitama as he was seen before the last fight with garou took place. he has no memory of any of those events.

StiltmanFTW

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

https://i.postimg.cc/VLR9kvhc/zven4p94sid91.jpg

MrMind
I spit out my drinks at work lmfao

carver9
Lmao... @parmaniac - really. How did you get access to that pic?

Parmaniac
I asked Stilt

StiltmanFTW
As the headmaster of Carver High School, I do have the access to all photos of my students.

I am Dumbledore to Carver's Harry Potter.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/G5FH6RD/starwars-ewoks.gif

Smurph
One Carver typo catapulted this thread into KMC history

Philosophía

StiltmanFTW
So much win in this thread.

https://i.ibb.co/3SRs17R/e58d396a7e1eff2435a80fd58dd64f29.gif

h1a8

Secondly, what makes you think he can hit Sentry - what is Saitama's best speed feat?

Thirdly, how did you time Sentry's regeneration speed? How can you say it may take more than 10 seconds?

"if" is a common word in the English language. Look it up

Saitama easily reacted to Sonic attacks, made 10+ afterimages of himself, did DBZ instant transmission like movements on enemies, etc

That's far faster than the bullet catch normal Sentry did (his fastest feat I've seen).

Sin I AM
Curious if Saitama can withstand a high end scream from BB

carver9
He would walk through it

Classic NES
He would walk through it

He might even scream back killing BB.

DeadpoolXXX
serious question- what does cis off even mean for a character like saitama? his whole gimmick since the series first started is gag level stupidity. he always lets attacks from his opponents hit him. he always holds back against his opponents. he always monologues during the fights, etc. this is an absolute constant..... and its not like the guy can sense ki or whatever. he just sort of assumes he is the strongest, and therefore thinks he can tank everything and drop everyone (which in HIS universe happens to be true). but that kind of mindset means nothing against comic characters OUTSIDE the opm universe.

so is the intent of this thread JUST to discuss naked / IO saitama? because that is literally the only time he's been "cis free", and getting him to that state took several plot pieces falling into the right place at the right time. like some others have said- he doesnt just start off there. ever.

carver9
Garou would be high Herald/trans tier in Marvel/DC and he's fodder to Saitama. So it's not just his universe, it's period. Saitama has stood in one spot and tanked punches from 100 tonners. He deserves the hype he gets.

MrMind
Garou would be high Herald/trans tier in Marvel/DC and he's fodder to Saitama. So it's not just his universe, it's period. Saitama has stood in one spot and tanked punches from 100 tonners. He deserves the hype he gets.

where do you get that garou is trans tier

evidence?

DeadpoolXXX
Garou would be high Herald/trans tier in Marvel/DC and he's fodder to Saitama. okay. but my point is that saitama getting to that level happened over the course of the entire fight, and it took several plot conveniences to get him there. it was a gradual progression, not some sort of instantaneous powerup that he blinked into.

so like i asked- how does "no cis" apply to a complete gag character like saitama? because that is literally how he ALWAYS fights. he starts off at his normal level, lets the other guy beat on him a bit, throws in a dash of quippy one liners, then starts tapping more of his power until he wins...... even against a "god level" threat like cosmic garou.

if we are JUST using saitama as he was fighting on IO (Ie. the absolute highest level we've ever seen him), then so be it. but it does need clarification, because the no cis concept is hard to wrap my head around when it comes to saitama. the guy is the essence of cis.

So it's not just his universe, it's period. Saitama has stood in one spot and tanked punches from 100 tonners. He deserves the hype he gets. you miss the point. yes saitama is very powerful by any metric, and can beat anyone in the opm universe. but that way of thinking doesnt automatically cross over to comic characters.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
where do you get that garou is trans tier

evidence?

Tanking a scream that shedding the outer area of Jupiter and blew away stars and put a hole in the sky right alongside Saitama with a punch.

ODG
Originally posted by ODG
Well... you're not the first poster who reacted to a feat and declared IDLI, IDH... https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnderstatedBaggyBagworm.webp

qwertyuiop1998
Tanking a scream that shedding the outer area of Jupiter.
He dodged it though

carver9
Edit

carver9
You're right

MrMind
Tanking a scream that shedding the outer area of Jupiter and blew away stars and put a hole in the sky right alongside Saitama with a punch.

he didn't tank the scream

his head dodged it

carver9
You're right

Sin I AM
I think BB can take him. Someone should bz it

carver9
Saitama scream>>>>>Black Bolt scream and that's primarily on fts. Would you BZ me, Sin?

MrMind
loser has to send us nude pics of them

Sin I AM
Saitama scream>>>>>Black Bolt scream and that's primarily on fts. Would you BZ me, Sin?

Ok, everytime Saitama screamed vs everytime BB did. Are you going to use collateral damage as a way to quantity feats?

DarkSaint85
"if" is a common word in the English language. Look it up

Saitama easily reacted to Sonic attacks, made 10+ afterimages of himself, did DBZ instant transmission like movements on enemies, etc

That's far faster than the bullet catch normal Sentry did (his fastest feat I've seen).

So basically your entire post was worthless. Cheers.

This isn't normal Sentry in the thread. Look it up.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
okay. but my point is that saitama getting to that level happened over the course of the entire fight, and it took several plot conveniences to get him there. it was a gradual progression, not some sort of instantaneous powerup that he blinked into.

so like i asked- how does "no cis" apply to a complete gag character like saitama? because that is literally how he ALWAYS fights. he starts off at his normal level, lets the other guy beat on him a bit, throws in a dash of quippy one liners, then starts tapping more of his power until he wins...... even against a "god level" threat like cosmic garou.

if we are JUST using saitama as he was fighting on IO (Ie. the absolute highest level we've ever seen him), then so be it. but it does need clarification, because the no cis concept is hard to wrap my head around when it comes to saitama. the guy is the essence of cis.

you miss the point. yes saitama is very powerful by any metric, and can beat anyone in the opm universe. but that way of thinking doesnt automatically cross over to comic characters.

We're not using Io Saitama. Galan had a good write-up (not as good as mine, but the nature of Carver means only mods can make him back down).

h1a8
So basically your entire post was worthless. Cheers.

This isn't normal Sentry in the thread. Look it up.

Wasn't worthless. If is a very relevant word in logic.
Normal Sentry is faster than DS by feats (or no slower).

DarkSaint85
Wasn't worthless. If is a very relevant word in logic.
Normal Sentry is faster than DS by feats (or no slower).

If Sentry wins, Saitama loses.

If Saitama wins, Sentry loses. Truly, h1, your post has added to the sum total of human knowledge.

How fast does one need to be to create afterimages?

carver9
Across an entire moon?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ok, everytime Saitama screamed vs everytime BB did. Are you going to use collateral damage as a way to quantity feats?

That's not what you said

iceman24567
5 or 6

h1a8
If Sentry wins, Saitama loses.

If Saitama wins, Sentry loses. Truly, h1, your post has added to the sum total of human knowledge.

How fast does one need to be to create afterimages?
Here's the statement :
If it takes more than 10 seconds for Sentry to resurrect from disintegration then Saitama wins.

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the true meaning of that sentence.
I'll break it down since you don't get it.
The sentence has multiple meanings.

The first meaning (if the time is known)
The sentence implies that I don't know how long it takes for Sentry to resurrect from disintegration and therefore, requests from others, who may know "how long" to give their input on the matter.

The second meaning (if the time is unknown by all)
Also, the sentence is merely stating that the outcome is unknown due to the unknown amount of time it takes for Sentry to resurrect.

Creating 10 afterimages is faster than anything Sentry has done that is related to battle. So the claim that Sentry is faster is unsupported.

DarkSaint85
How fast does one need to be to create 10 afterimages? I keep asking this, but you keep sidestepping. Give me a mph figure.

Sin I AM
That's not what you said

Weak, tucking tail already. Concession not accepted.

Here's the statement :
If it takes more than 10 seconds for Sentry to resurrect from disintegration then Saitama wins.

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the true meaning of that sentence.
I'll break it down since you don't get it.
The sentence has multiple meanings.

The first meaning (if the time is known)
The sentence implies that I don't know how long it takes for Sentry to resurrect from disintegration and therefore, requests from others, who may know "how long" to give their input on the matter.

The second meaning (if the time is unknown by all)
Also, the sentence is merely stating that the outcome is unknown due to the unknown amount of time it takes for Sentry to resurrect.

Creating 10 afterimages is faster than anything Sentry has done that is related to battle. So the claim that Sentry is faster is unsupported.

But how fast is an after image?

MrMind
carver gets smacked around by his female superior

h1a8
How fast does one need to be to create 10 afterimages? I keep asking this, but you keep sidestepping. Give me a mph figure. irrelevant.
Its far faster than anything Sentry has done in relevant to battle.

DarkSaint85
Irrelevant? How can you say that when you can't even tell me how fast it is?

It's unquantifiable, and I know you know this. You've spent the last day or so probably trying to Google it, and have failed.

Smurph
Didn't DS Sentry blitz Thor at multiple times lightspeed?

carver9
Question, does CIS off means the characters only fight at their highest? Honest question

DarkSaint85
Didn't DS Sentry blitz Thor at multiple times lightspeed?

It almost doesn't even matter. Until the Saitama side can prove how fast one has to be to 'produce 10 afterimages ' or whatever, it's unquantifiable. It literally isn't a speed feat. It's like me using Robin punching someone loads of times, and using it as proof that his hands are moving faster than when Ozymandias caught that bullet, or faster when Flash did his IMP

Or arguing that Frank Miller's Batman is the strongest of all Batmen, because the art shows him as being more muscular. It's shit tier debating

At best they will use ABC logic, but that's problematic and no way to debate.

carver9
Who said he created 10 after images? He did more than that

DarkSaint85
Who said he created 10 after images? He did more than that

H1. Even with your 'feat' of creating afterimages all over Io (which has been retconned), you still haven't told me how fast that is.

carver9
Sentry isn't doing this with speed...

https://ibb.co/WBSvYTN
https://ibb.co/s1rcMdF
https://ibb.co/2jsmVxr
https://ibb.co/B43q3d8

And he sure as heck isn't blitzing from every angle across an entire moon (bigger than earth's moon) in one panel. Just not happening. DC and Marvel blitzes are lame AF. It's pretty obvious based off the speed fts you all post daily.
https://ibb.co/qmf9Gmm

DarkSaint85
Sentry isn't doing this with speed...

https://ibb.co/WBSvYTN
https://ibb.co/s1rcMdF
https://ibb.co/2jsmVxr
https://ibb.co/B43q3d8

And he sure as heck isn't blitzing from every angle across an entire moon (bigger than earth's moon) in one panel. Just not happening. DC and Marvel blitzes are lame AF. It's pretty obvious based off the speed fts you all post daily.
https://ibb.co/qmf9Gmm

Again - how fast is this? Give me a mph figure. You just using pretty art isn't proof. You might as well say Robin is faster than Flash's IMP.

Tell me. Whose fists are moving faster here, Robin:
https://i.postimg.cc/5tG3ZrJ9/blur.png

Or Flash:
https://i.postimg.cc/L6x9jmtj/the-flash-vs-zc3bcm-3.jpg

This goes to h1 as well. Relying on art is.....not infallible. Am I saying Saitama is human level speed? Of course not. But to say he is faster than everyone here, based on art, is.....silly.

Smurph
It almost doesn't even matter. Until the Saitama side can prove how fast one has to be to 'produce 10 afterimages ' or whatever, it's unquantifiable. It literally isn't a speed feat. It's like me using Robin punching someone loads of times, and using it as proof that his hands are moving faster than when Ozymandias caught that bullet, or faster when Flash did his IMP

Or arguing that Frank Miller's Batman is the strongest of all Batmen, because the art shows him as being more muscular. It's shit tier debating

At best they will use ABC logic, but that's problematic and no way to debate. Yeah high balling after images because they look cool. I just don't know why h1 says catching a bullet is Sentry's top speed feat when we know he grabbed Thor at "many times the speed of light"

Anyways here's Sentry creating after images I guess he's a speed god now

https://imgur.io/gAco8we

DarkSaint85
Who is punching faster here, Batman:
https://i.postimg.cc/R0KxpmHs/BatZoom.png

Or Flash:
https://i.postimg.cc/CMNSVw69/zoom.jpg

Note how sneaky I am, I have removed the text so there is NO WAI YOU CAN POSSIBLY KNOW! All you have to go on is the art!!!!

So whose fist is travelling faster?

Yeah high balling after images because they look cool. I just don't know why h1 says catching a bullet is Sentry's top speed feat when we know he grabbed Thor at "many times the speed of light"

Anyways here's Sentry creating after images I guess he's a speed god now

https://imgur.io/gAco8we

It's because h1 doesn't read comics. And no, I'm not being facetious here - he really doesn't, he relies on people posting scans then nitpicking them whilst offering no proof of his own, because he doesn't actually know their feats.

Astner
Note how sneaky I am, I have removed the text so there is NO WAI YOU CAN POSSIBLY KNOW! All you have to go on is the art!!!!
Batman punched harder because he draws blood while the Flash didn't; and if the Flash's punch has the mass-energy of white dwarf it would've disintegrated the Earth, but the room wasn't noticably affected so the text is clearly hyperbole.

So Batman wins again.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Astner
Batman punched harder because he draws blood, if the Flash's punch exerted the force of white dwarf it would've torn apart the room which it didn't so the text is hyperbole. Fight me!

Speedforce protected the room!

But I can get behind that Batman punches harder than a white dwarf star.

There is also Robin (who, IIRC, was poisoned in that scan too).

carver9
It's hyperbole

DarkSaint85
It's hyperbole

So whose fists are faster, poisoned Robin's, or Wally West's?

carver9
The fts that I posted above would be the epitome of high end showings for high/trans tier characters. You all are posting shit like this on KMC as speed fts...

https://ibb.co/h7y62st
https://ibb.co/RHYq3yV

But want to discredit far better showings and we all know why.

DarkSaint85
The fts that I posted above would be the epitome of high end showings for high/trans tier characters. You all are posting shit like this on KMC as speed fts...

https://ibb.co/h7y62st
https://ibb.co/RHYq3yV

But want to discredit far better showings and we all know why.

You are dodging my question.

Whose fists are faster? Robin, whilst poisoned, is punching so fast his fists are producing lots and lots of afterimages. Flash only has one fist there.

carver9
I can't tell how fast Flash moved his arm since he was running at super speed which makes the ft questionable. So I don't have an answer for ya. Why did you post these scans? What make this post so impressive? Explain please...

There's also this:

https://i.postimg.cc/Z5xy19Rz/08-6.jpg

A fight that took....4 or 5 issues to complete, had large-scale destruction, the United Planets showing up, extended conversations, lots of action - and in comic terms, only took 10 minutes. The art may not support it, but it is happening at superspeed.

Then there is this:
https://i.postimg.cc/VLyrv90c/RCO100-1462958057.jpg
No blurs, no anime style art to say it is at high speed - but it is clearly, based on the text, taking place at superspeed.

In short, just because it isn't drawn like an anime, doesn't mean it isn't at high speed. People get swayed by pretty pictures, and don't read the words.

Also, please provide hard numbers on your scan. Tell me how fast Supes was going there

Classic NES
Again - how fast is this? Give me a mph figure. You just using pretty art isn't proof. You might as well say Robin is faster than Flash's IMP.

Tell me. Whose fists are moving faster here, Robin:
https://i.postimg.cc/5tG3ZrJ9/blur.png

Or Flash:
https://i.postimg.cc/L6x9jmtj/the-flash-vs-zc3bcm-3.jpg

This goes to h1 as well. Relying on art is.....not infallible. Am I saying Saitama is human level speed? Of course not. But to say he is faster than everyone here, based on art, is.....silly.

Well, with the picture of Flash punching the white martian. Time or the perception of time is slowed down to a snail's pace. So, even if they're doing "normal actions" from our perspective the fact that they've done in this sort of Flash time means they're moving at relativistic speeds.

DarkSaint85
I can't tell how fast Flash moved his arm since he was running at super speed which makes the ft questionable. So I don't have an answer for ya. Why did you post these scans? What make this post so impressive? Explain please...

Also, please provide hard numbers on your scan. Tell me how fast Supes was going there

Lmao I cropped the scan on purpose, because I knew you would try to argue this. Previous panel:
https://i.postimg.cc/W4nX1fLp/the-flash-vs-zc3bcm-3-1.jpg

You clearly see his arm cocked back, ready to punch - he didn't run with his fist stretched out in front of him lmao.

But sure, if it is too hard for you to understand:
https://i.postimg.cc/JnYxbDz9/sMC5AbD.jpg

How fast is GLADIATOR'S hand moving, to catch that punch? Are poisoned Robin's hands moving faster? I am not asking you for hard numbers, lol - I am asking you which is faster, RELATIVE to each other.

As for my scans, irrelevant - I do not need to provide numbers. All that matters, is that it was taking place at superspeed - which was my point. I am not saying Superman is faster than Saitama, or Sentry, or Gladiator, or Quicksilver, or Krypto, or whatever, on the basis of those scans - I am only saying it was so fast that humans saw it as a blur. Please try to understand what it is I am arguing, lol.

Is Superman flying at superspeed there? Yes. Is Saitama moving at superspeed across Io? YES.

Is Superman flying faster than Gladiator there? Erm......ZERO IDEA. I never claimed anything different. All I claimed was that he was fast enough to be a blur.

YOUR ARGUMENT, then extrapolates this further, with zero proof - that not only is Saitama fast, but he is faster than anyone else here. Which is what I am arguing against.

Edit: in fact, I'll go even further and say based on that scan, NO, SUPERMAN IS NOT FASTER THAN SAITAMA OR GLADIATOR OR WW OR HULK, lol. But he IS moving at superspeed, even though the art does not support it.

carver9
Lmao I cropped the scan on purpose, because I knew you would try to argue this. Previous panel:
https://i.postimg.cc/W4nX1fLp/the-flash-vs-zc3bcm-3-1.jpg

You clearly see his arm cocked back, ready to punch - he didn't run with his fist stretched out in front of him lmao.

But sure, if it is too hard for you to understand:
https://i.postimg.cc/JnYxbDz9/sMC5AbD.jpg

How fast is GLADIATOR'S hand moving, to catch that punch? Are poisoned Robin's hands moving faster? I am not asking you for hard numbers, lol - I am asking you which is faster, RELATIVE to each other.

As for my scans, irrelevant - I do not need to provide numbers. All that matters, is that it was taking place at superspeed - which was my point. I am not saying Superman is faster than Saitama, or Sentry, or Gladiator, or Quicksilver, or Krypto, or whatever, on the basis of those scans - I am only saying it was so fast that humans saw it as a blur. Please try to understand what it is I am arguing, lol.

Is Superman flying at superspeed there? Yes. Is Saitama moving at superspeed across Io? YES.

Is Superman flying faster than Gladiator there? Erm......ZERO IDEA. I never claimed anything different. All I claimed was that he was fast enough to be a blur.

YOUR ARGUMENT, then extrapolates this further, with zero proof - that not only is Saitama fast, but he is faster than anyone else here. Which is what I am arguing against.

So I'm guessing besides the hyperbole that his hand was moving at light speed. Guess the proof is on you to show me he/Flash was actually doing light speed.

Wait, didn't you say humans hands can move so fast that it's blur like in our eyes? So Superman and Doomsday were moving at human arm shaking speeds?

I have proof, I'm just trying to get you to accept it. Why did you post the Superman scans when they are irrelevant based on your argument and is human speeds level?

Astner
Speedforce protected the room!
I never understood why that scene is always posted out-of-context, because the very next page suggests that the fight took a picosecond (where the fight begins and end is not clear...but still) and is followed by time-travel.

If you take the narration literally it's (as far as I know) the Flash's most impressive scene.

https://i.imgur.com/o2hJiLqm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/DFllaICm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/yw5yqStm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/pigTBcgm.jpg

- The Flash (1987) #148

DarkSaint85
So I'm guessing besides the hyperbole that his hand was moving at light speed. Guess the proof is on you to show me he/Flash was actually doing light speed.

Wait, didn't you say humans hands can move so fast that it's blur like in our eyes? So Superman and Doomsday were moving at human arm shaking speeds?

I have proof, I'm just trying to get you to accept it. Why did you post the Superman scans when they are irrelevant based on your argument and is human speeds level?

Again, sure, if that's what you want. My point is that though the art does not show him as a blur, by the text, he's moving fast as a blur. Why you can't accept/understand this I do not know, lmao.

So again - what is CURRENT Saitama's best speed feat?

Edit: you also need to give some hard numbers here. Pretty art means nothing. Hyperbole or not, your logic is leading to the silly conclusion that Poisoned Robin is punching faster than Flash, is moving faster than Hyperion, than Gladiator etc. Flash could be moving at 1%, 10%, 53% whatever% lightspeed - it doesn't matter, Robin's fists, as per pretty art, is 5 or 6 times faster than them or whatever. That Batman is punching as fast as Flash is in his picosecond fight.

Astner

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
Can't edit, oh well.

The main point is NOT that I am wedded to the lightspeed statement. Whatever speed Flash is punching him at, is irrelevant. What matters is the relativity with Robin.

All that matters, and what you are all missing, is that Robin, whilst poisoned and dying, is depicted as punching so fast that he creates afterimages, whilst Flash is not depicted with afterimages. So as per anime fan logic, Robin, whilst dying, is punching faster than Flash there when he punches a white martian to Africa.

Astner

DarkSaint85

DeadpoolXXX
opm is even worse then dragon ball when it comes to trying to calc speed feats.

some say saitama's best is jumping from the moon to earth in a short amount of time. some say his best is reacting to geryuganshoop's debris pitches. some say his best is blitzing boros. some say his best is toying with flashy flash. some say his best is blitzing monster garou. some say his best is blitzing cosmic garou on IO (which is probably true, but it's been retconned and wasnt really calculable in the first place).

the battles look really pretty, but good luck trying to find hard speed figures for them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>