Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Zi88i4CpHe4

BruceSkywalker
this looks real bad

Kazenji
Looks okay, Seems like it'll be on par with the first movie.

John Murdoch
Honestly, I hope this turns out to be good. The first Shazam! in 2019 was a wonderful surprise that along with Man of Steel is my favorite DCEU movie. The emotional beats with Billy's mom, the foster family, the comedy action bits, the chemistry between Zachary Levi and Jack Dylan Grazer was excellent, loved everything about it. Actually saw Asher Angel in person at the Tulsa Pop Culture Expo in November 2019, crazy he has grown like a foot it looks like from them to filming of Shazam! 2.

This could be a massive disappointment though like WW 1984. The January release date, the villain choice (why oh why no Black Adam when Black Adam releases this October??!), the trailer, IDK.

Think about this my fellow KMC'ers: from March 2019-April 2019, we had Ms. Marvel/now Captain Marvel, the original Captain Marvel/Shazam!, and then the end of the MCU as we knew it in Endgame. All within weeks of each other.

Since then, we've had hit-or-miss or even who cares shows and movies from Disney's MCU (Phase 4 is over with Wakanda Forever in November? Wow that's sudden), Snyder's JL cut is the only thing DC had notable besides their normal quality animated movies, and Venom 2 and Morbius memes from Sony (massive hit and excellent movie in No Way Home, but that is turning out to be the big exception, not the rule).

Looks like the superhero sub-genre is finally going the way of the western in the 70's, 80's, and then 90's.

Robtard
Seems a bit too heavy with the teen angst angle (again) and that puts me off, but looking forward to it, the first film was fun.

StiltmanFTW
Just when I thought this couldn't suck worse, we got this news:

https://i.ibb.co/R02MshP/FB-IMG-16592935255977636.jpg

tkitna
This looks terrible.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Zi88i4CpHe4
^^^Looks fun!

carthage
Originally posted by tkitna
This looks terrible.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Just when I thought this couldn't suck worse, we got this news:

https://i.ibb.co/R02MshP/FB-IMG-16592935255977636.jpg

How is that possible? I figured that would be the whole point of introducing Black Adam?!

Robtard
They're saying that now as a means to not nail themselves down in case Black Adam flops.

If BA does good to great, they'll announce an upcoming film featuring both characters n 2024-2025

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.