MCU Phase 5 and 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
https://www.polygon.com/sdcc/23275835/marvel-mcu-phase-5-schedule-calendar-upcoming-ant-man

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever ends Phase 4 of the MCU this November.

Phase 5:

02-17-2023 - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Spring 2023 - Secret Invasion (Disney +)
05-05-2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3
Summer 2023 - Echo (Disney +)
Summer 2023 - Loki Season 2 (Disney +)
07-28-2023 - The Marvels
11-03-2023 - Blade
Fall 2023 - Ironheart (Disney +)
Winter 2023 - Agatha: Coven of Chaos (Disney +)
Spring 2024 - Daredevil Born Again (Disney +)
05-03-2024 - Captain America New World Order
07-26-2024 - Thunderbolts

Phase 6:

11-08-2024 - Fantastic Four
05-02-2025 - Avengers: The Kang Dynasty
11-07-2025 - Avengers: Secret Wars

Still no release dates for Deadpool 3 and the MCU X-Men flick or some Disney + stuff like Wonder Man.

Thoughts?

riv6672

Darth Thor
Two Avenger films in a year should make up for the fact that we need to wait yet another 3 years !

Am so happy about Cox's Daredevil returning though. I still remember how great season 3 was then being all down finding out it had been cancelled shortly after.

As for X-Men someone asked Feige if Phase X will be the time for X-Men, and he replied "you want to wait until Phase 10? I don't."

So probably right after the next Avenger films. Could be introduced anytime though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor

As for X-Men someone asked Feige if Phase X will be the time for X-Men, and he replied "you want to wait until Phase 10? I don't."

I think he always insisted he doesn't want to rush it, either.

But I guess he feels ready now.

ares834
lmao

This slate looks and sounds awful. Pretty much the only thing that sounds good here is GotG 3 and, potentially, FF.

Robtard
I'm looking forward to Blade and FF. GoTG 3 too, but also kinda apprehensive about that since their terrible portrayal in Thor 4.

Loki 2 for TV.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
GoTG 3 too, but also kinda apprehensive about that since their terrible portrayal in Thor 4.

Gunn wasn't involved in L&T and GotG didn't do anything there aside frm shaking their heads at Thor going full Waititi laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Am so happy about Cox's Daredevil returning though. I still remember how great season 3 was then being all down finding out it had been cancelled shortly after.

I am still cautious about this, to be honest. I love Daredevil and Charlie Cox as Daredevil, but I am worried about how Disney will handle the character. Kingpin seemed powered up but heavily dumbed down in Hawkeye, which was kind of disappointing. He didn't project anywhere near the kind of menace that he did in the Netflix show. That version wasn't dangerous because he was big and freakishly strong but because he was always several moves ahead of anyone else. But I guess we'll get a better idea of the tone once Daredevil makes an appearance in She-Hulk.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But I guess we'll get a better idea of the tone once Daredevil makes an appearance in She-Hulk.

Stoked for She-Hulk now.

And yeah youre probably right to be cautious with your expectations. Netflix was kinda ideal for Daredevil.

Patient_Leech
I'm looking forward to Blade and FF. GoTG 3 too, but also kinda apprehensive about that since their terrible portrayal in Thor 4.

Loki 2 for TV. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Gunn wasn't involved in L&T and GotG didn't do anything there aside frm shaking their heads at Thor going full Waititi laughing out loud

OK, I was wondering if Gunn had anything to do with Thor4.

Yeah, it will definitely be cringe to watch them without Gunn's writing.

BruceSkywalker
my thoughts ae simple

the phases are fracking awesome and i do not care what the hating morons think

playa1258
I can't stop stroking it to the lineup.

steverules_2

BruceSkywalker
destin cretton will direct the kang dynaty....

https://deadline.com/2022/07/avengers-the-kang-dynasty-destin-daniel-cretton-1235078083/

playa1258
Let's go with a black Reed and blonde Sue just to piss people off.

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Fair point thumb up

Faith restored in GoTG 3 thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Pretty sure the Duperhero boom will be over by phase 6, its had its day. Especially the MCU crap. I hope Sandman is good, I enjoyed Sweet Tooth, maybe we'll get Miracleman or the Authority next. The DCU needs Lobo... then it needs to die with Marvel.

Robtard
It's not dying anytime soon when even their lower tier films like Thor 4 make 600+ million.

Old Man Whirly!
It's not dying anytime soon when even their lower tier films like Thor 4 make 600+ million. we'll see, when lower budget stuff like the boys is so much better. I guess Marvel is becoming more and more for the kids.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258
Let's go with a black Reed and blonde Sue just to piss people off.

Oh thatd be Epic. Would love the online shitstorm !

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
we'll see, when lower budget stuff like the boys is so much better. I guess Marvel is becoming more and more for the kids.

Problem with a series like The Boys is that it's not something that could be whittled down to a film trilogy and sanitized enough to have big screen clearance for a wide audience. Frankly, I wouldn't want it to be.

Patient_Leech
Problem with a series like The Boys is that it's not something that could be whittled down to a film trilogy and sanitized enough to have big screen clearance for a wide audience. Frankly, I wouldn't want it to be.

We certainly don't want that. If Butcher isn't dropping the C-word every other sentence that ruins a lot of the charm.

Honestly, I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't change his mind and kill that fu#king kid anyway in the next season. That seemed out of character.

Tzeentch
I don't agree that The Boys couldn't be adapted to a film trilogy. Honestly 90% of the story is soap opera filler drama anyway.

A film trilogy with a "boss fight" against a member of the Seven serving as the climax of each film, with the final film culminating in the deaths of Homelander and Noir, would probably be better paced than the show and comics which have a dreadful obsession with maintaining status quo. I convinced my friend to skip season 2 entirely so that he could watch S3 with me and he's had no trouble understanding what's going on with the plot.

You're right that sanitization would be a problem though. No one is taking a chance on a comic book film trilogy without making it PG-13.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I don't agree that The Boys couldn't be adapted to a film trilogy. Honestly 90% of the story is soap opera filler drama anyway.

A film trilogy with a "boss fight" against a member of the Seven serving as the climax of each film, with the final film culminating in the deaths of Homelander and Noir, would probably be better paced than the show and comics which have a dreadful obsession with maintaining status quo. I convinced my friend to skip season 2 entirely so that he could watch S3 with me and he's had no trouble understanding what's going on with the plot.

You're right that sanitization would be a problem though. No one is taking a chance on a comic book film trilogy without making it PG-13. I'm with you Ron this Tzeentch rather than Rob or PL.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by playa1258
Let's go with a black Reed and blonde Sue just to piss people off. Not people, racists.

Patient_Leech

You're right that sanitization would be a problem though. No one is taking a chance on a comic book film trilogy without making it PG-13.

You're not wrong.

The maintenance of status quo was my biggest problem with Season 3.

Old Man Whirly!
Sick of pg13

Kazenji
Sick of pg13

Depends on the character PG-13 is okay

but when it was something like 'Venom: Let There Be Carnage' Where it used Carnage should've been R.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Kazenji
Depends on the character PG-13 is okay

but when it was something like 'Venom: Let There Be Carnage' Where it used Carnage should've been R. I'm also sick of Marvel movies having no depth since Captain America Civil War.

Kazenji
I'm getting the feeling your sick of everything these days.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Whirly is mostly just a Superman fanboy, who tries not to see how they're quoting Benito Mussolini to promote their products and making Supes shit himself in front of Putin on-panel.

DC is getting cancelled and rightfully so. **** them.

Kazenji
laughing out loud

Whirly is mostly just a Superman fanboy, who tries not to see how they're quoting Benito Mussolini to promote their products and making Supes shit himself in front of Putin on-panel.

DC is getting cancelled and rightfully so. **** them.

Kinda sad on Warner Bro's part, They own the rights to do movies on all of the DC properties and they fumble around in the dark with them.

NemeBro
laughing out loud

DC is getting cancelled and rightfully so. **** them. mmm

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=DC%20comics,Marvel%20comics

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=superman,Captain%20America,Iron%20Man,Spider-Man,Wolverine

mhmm

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by NemeBro
mmm

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=DC%20comics,Marvel%20comics

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=superman,Captain%20America,Iron%20Man,Spider-Man,Wolverine

mhmm mhmm smile

Patient_Leech
Fu#kin Disney/Marvel. If you find yourself wondering why so many recent Marvel films have had highly questionable visual effects...

Why So Many VFX Artists Are Fed Up With Marvel

"When I worked on one movie, it was almost six months of overtime every day. I was working seven days a week, averaging 64 hours a week on a good week. Marvel genuinely works you really hard. I've had co-workers sit next to me, break down, and start crying. I've had people having anxiety attacks on the phone."

"The other thing with Marvel is it's famous for asking for lots of changes throughout the process. So you're already overworked, but then Marvel's asking for regular changes way in excess of what any other client does. And some of those changes are really major. Maybe a month or two before a movie comes out, Marvel will have us change the entire third act. It has really tight turnaround times."

"The studio has a lot of power over the effects houses, just because it has so many blockbuster movies coming out one after the other. If you upset Marvel in any way, there's a very high chance you're not going to get those projects in the future. So the effects houses are trying to bend over backward to keep Marvel happy. _One visual-effects house could not finish the number of shots and reshoots Marvel was asking for in time, so Marvel had to give my studio the work. Ever since, that house has effectively been blacklisted from getting Marvel work."

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Fu#kin Disney/Marvel. If you find yourself wondering why so many recent Marvel films have had highly questionable visual effects...

Why So Many VFX Artists Are Fed Up With Marvel

"When I worked on one movie, it was almost six months of overtime every day. I was working seven days a week, averaging 64 hours a week on a good week. Marvel genuinely works you really hard. I've had co-workers sit next to me, break down, and start crying. I've had people having anxiety attacks on the phone."

"The other thing with Marvel is it's famous for asking for lots of changes throughout the process. So you're already overworked, but then Marvel's asking for regular changes way in excess of what any other client does. And some of those changes are really major. Maybe a month or two before a movie comes out, Marvel will have us change the entire third act. It has really tight turnaround times."

"The studio has a lot of power over the effects houses, just because it has so many blockbuster movies coming out one after the other. If you upset Marvel in any way, there's a very high chance you're not going to get those projects in the future. So the effects houses are trying to bend over backward to keep Marvel happy. _One visual-effects house could not finish the number of shots and reshoots Marvel was asking for in time, so Marvel had to give my studio the work. Ever since, that house has effectively been blacklisted from getting Marvel work." is this verifiable, because its not what I'd expect of fellow wokees.

Robtard
Marvel movies have gone up and down through the years, but the downhill trend is there considering Ironman (2008) is still their best film and the last Strange and Thor films were dirty ass.

Old Man Whirly!
Marvel movies have gone up and down through the years, but the downhill trend is there considering Ironman (2008) is still their best film and the last Strange and Thor films were dirty ass. Exactlythumb up

NemeBro
is this verifiable, because its not what I'd expect of fellow wokees. Disney/Marvel are not woke, lol.

Corporations are not friends.

Robtard

You a make a fair point breaking it down like that, considering a film trilogy would run around 6 to 7.5 hours total and a season of The Boys is around 8 hours, so we'd only lose some useless filler.

Aye, a non hard R-Rated The Boys would be meh at best.

I'm with you on this Tzeentch rather than Rob or PL.
Traitor!!1!!

jaden_2.0

Except it was a non pg-13 comic book trilogy that essentially saved the entire comic book genre thanks to the iconic opening rave scene in the 1st movie.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Except it was a non pg-13 comic book trilogy that essentially saved the entire comic book genre thanks to the iconic opening rave scene in the 1st movie. Blade was superb, no doubt!

Robtard
Blade was 20+ years ago, people were less sensitive back then.

Not that I wouldn't want more R-Rated comic based films. Deadpool's 783mil box office, with a budget of 58mil, shows it's highly lucrative if done right. Getting studios to go along is the issue though.

edit. Though Blade only grossed 131mil on a 45mil budget. Profitable, but not top tier.

Old Man Whirly!
Blade was 20+ years ago, people were less sensitive back then.

Not that I wouldn't want more R-Rated comic based films. Deadpool's 783mil box office, with a budget of 58mil, shows it's highly lucrative if done right. Getting studios to go along is the issue though.

edit. Though Blade only grossed 131mil on a 45mil budget. Profitable, but not top tier. That first underground club s ene sequence though... As Jaden said it saved comic movies after Clooney and Kilmer.

Robtard
Don't have to sell me on it, buddy. I still love the first Blade film.

I hope Snipes has a cameo in the reboot Blade.

jaden_2.0
Well more recently there's been Logan, Joker and The Batman. You'd think studios would realise there's a massive market for r rated comic book content even more so now with the popularity of The Boys and Invincible.

Robtard
True, just not sure if that were as lucrative as Deadpool when we factor in budget to box office. iirc, Deadpool broke record after record and likely still has them.

The should realize it, but they're stuck on the 'have to make it PG-13 for a broader audience' mentality.

Even Brightburn which few people heard about made 33mil on a sub 12mil budget and that was straight up horror at the core with a superhero flair.

Patient_Leech
^ it just requires lower budget, less spectacle, and better writing.

So you can see how it becomes a gamble with studios.

But The Batman wasn't R rated.

Darth Thor
The first Blade did start the whole Marvel movie phase back in 99.

In more recents times Deadpool made it cool to be R again.

Kazenji
Is the new Blade movie even going to R ?....or have they been quiet on it so far.

StiltmanFTW
Good question.

Sony lied to fans twice about Venom films and their R-rating. Oh, and Morbius, I think.

Sure, Disney is not Sony, but I'll believe it when I see it.

roughrider
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Except it was a non pg-13 comic book trilogy that essentially saved the entire comic book genre thanks to the iconic opening rave scene in the 1st movie.

I always thought Blade was a safe way for Marvel Entertainment to get their start, because audiences would see it as a vampire movie and not a comic book movie. And every property was sealed off in it's own separate universe at the time, so you could get away with more adult stuff. They took a bolder step 17 years later with the MCU Netflix shows, with their R-rated content being part of the greater whole, though they were kind of isolated in a corner.

So yeah, while Blade came first, I think it was the X-Men in 2000 that was really Marvel's declaration of their super heroes and what they would be like. And it was very different from DC movies'; more real world than the Norman Rockwell Americana of the Superman movies or the fanciful Fritz Lang-esque world of the Batman movies. I actually think Batman Begins five years later was influenced by X-Men, taking its complicated real world esthetic and developing it further.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.