The Whale (2022)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I don't see a trailer yet for some reason.

https://www.joblo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/the-whale-watermark-1024x649.jpg

Brendan Fraser and directed by Darren Aronofsky.

A reclusive English teacher suffering from severe obesity attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter for one last chance at redemption.

IMDB

Kazenji
Good to see Fraser getting some more film work, He's been good on tv in the show Doom Patrol.

Patient_Leech
I've heard good things about Doom Patrol.

Not sure I'll ever get around to seeing it, though.

Personally I'm more interested in this for Darren Aronofsky. I've liked a lot of his films.

Robtard
Brendan Fraser can do a serious role, he was very good in 'The Quiet American (2002)', add Aronofsky and I'm in.

playa1258
Damn looks like the story of Silent Master.

Tzeentch
JUST

Robtard

Patient_Leech
Goddamn, 'tard. What the f#ck?

Robtard
^ Triggered by periods!

Patient_Leech
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/766/articles/2017/05/periodtampons-1508862670.jpg

Robtard
Before I scrolled all the way down, I thought those were vanilla ice cream bars with varying degrees of milk and dark chocolate coating :/

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Is this some actual footage? I'm not sure...

hKU4Q0rwP-k

Impediment
Fan made.

Patient_Leech
But is it footage from the movie or from something else? 🤔

Robtard
My wife was *this* close to buying tickets for a screening of this which also featured a live Q&A with the director and Brandon Fraser afterward, but the tickets sold in in under 5 mins. God damn it.

Patient_Leech
Dude.

BruceSkywalker
anyone watch yet

Patient_Leech
ByKhfjRyymg

Lestov16
I have an ominous feeling that this will be a mixture of The Wrestler and.......the Mr. Creosote sketch ........ blink sick no expression ......

Patient_Leech
Jesus christ, there is so much hype around this and it doesn't come out until December? erm

Robtard
Probably not a good thing at this point. Even if it's a very good movie, it won't live up to the uber levels of hype surrounding it.

Kazenji
D30r0CwtIKc

Patient_Leech
Well that's a very subtle and vague trailer. I may leave it at that and just wait to see the movie.

Impediment

Jaden_3.0
nWiQodhMvz4

Robtard
If they've given the lead to Christian Bale, Bale would have gained the 250lbs for the role.

Impediment

Lestov16

Patient_Leech
Did any of you b!#ches see this yet?

Robtard
This b!#ch did.

Fraser did a solid role most of the time, a few of the scenes felt overly forced though. The film is a kick in the balls emotionally and honestly hard to watch at times, with his super-extreme obesity, obsessive compulsive eating, his general sad state and his relationship with the various other characters.

I do recommend it though.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Lestov16
I have an ominous feeling that this will be a mixture of The Wrestler and.......the Mr. Creosote sketch ........ blink sick no expression ......

I am still somewhat upset that this was not the plot no expression

Robtard
Fraser trying to connect with his daughter is similar to the Wrestler and there is binge eating.

So you're not entirely wrong.

Patient_Leech
I have plans to see this tomorrow night. So that's cool. 😎

Patient_Leech
Watched this. Really liked it, as I often do with Darren Aronofsky.

It deserved a Best Picture nomination, imo. Got robbed.

Brilliant little play put to film.

It's amazing how much more sprawling movies can bore you to death and this film barely leaves the little apartment and is captivating.

I give it a 9-10/10.

Patient_Leech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.