Gorr with the Altar of Eternity vs Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Battle takes place in Dormammu's realm
Bloodlusted
No PIS/CIS
Who wins?

Psychotron
We haven't really seen Eternity do anything except for resurrecting a dead girl. It was also said he could wipe out all gods, but that's something the gauntlet could easily replicate.

h1a8
It is implied that Eternity can grant any wish. Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to wish for immunity from the gauntlet, or a power above it, or the power to destroy (or disable it like Kang did) it?

If not then ftl speed and perception would suffice. Just slice Thanos head off, or his hand with the gauntlet, faster than he can perceive.

Khazra Reborn
I guess Gorr could just wish for Thanos to be dead.

Psychotron
Sounds a bit like a no limits fallacy to me.

Khazra Reborn

FrothByte
I don't know how long it takes for Eternity to grant a wish. Does Gor need to speak out what his wish is or does he only need to think it?

Because in the end this boils down to a quick draw contest. We know Thanos can disintegrate Gor with a snap. The question is, can Gor make his wish faster than Thanos can snap his fingers?

Basing purely on feats we've seen in the movies, I'm siding with Thanos on this one. Seems he's just a big quicker on the draw, and even if his first attack failed, he could keep on attacking. Gor can make only one wish. If his wish doesn't pan out or gets countered then he's screwed.

Robtard
Gorr wins, mostly due to Thanos' lack of vision and competence with wielding the gauntlet.

eg Thanos should have easily wiped the floor with the team when they fought on Titan, yet they had him beat until Starlord acted like a complete emotional moron.

Then a single god almost killed him despite wielding a complete IF, saved only by the luck of a few inches too far to the left.

9jaboy
Originally posted by Robtard
Gorr wins, mostly due to Thanos' lack of vision and competence with wielding the gauntlet.

eg Thanos should have easily wiped the floor with the team when they fought on Titan, yet they had him beat until Starlord acted like a complete emotional moron.

Then a single god almost killed him despite wielding a complete IF, saved only by the luck of a few inches too far to the left.
I disagree with this. Thanos was wasn't trying to kill them on Titan. He did blast them(spiderman, starlord ,mantis, drax) with the power stone, and just knocked them out. He would have disintegrated them if he wanted to.
Also the gauntlet can be used other ways aside blasting. Eg. The snap, stop time,rewind time etc.

Boils down to who attacks first. Who's faster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.