Freddy Vs. Jason

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor_Pessoba
Hey...who thinks this movie is going to be the worse movie ever..i mean come on...putting two characters in a movie, whos movies have been bombing the last ten years..and i dont even think its a comedy..thats horrible...speaking of horrible..seen the trailer? *shutter*

diegocala
All I hope is there is a lot of bloodshed and a high body count...oh and some nudity would be good too.

Senor_Pessoba
oh of course....Jason naked..**** yeah!? no...just kidding..but yeah gore and some nice shots of the ladies is always great

KidRock
where can we get the trailer

Senor_Pessoba
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

diegocala
If you remember Jason is a Herm...he is neither a boy or a girl

Senor_Pessoba
ewwwwww

diegocala
yup, he's like a mean Ken Doll

Senor_Pessoba
haha

KidRock
where did u learn hes a HERM. I thought he was a guy because of his name Jason and he just plain old looks like one lol

BackFire349
it'll be fine.

diegocala
Came out in the first movie...at the end, his mom spills the beans

KidRock
I never saw the first movie can someone please explain to me how he actually came to be the blood thirsty killer he is today. Thanks a lot!

Sacrifice
*ORIGINAL FRIDAY THE 13th SPOILERS*

Kid Rock,

I recently watched the first Friday the 13th. If you are a fan of serious horror and have not seen it, I recommend that you watch it. You may be surprised by the ending. I consider it one of the best in the series.

However, if you really want to know the history of Jason, read on...

The original Friday the 13th begins with camp counselors preparing for the re-opening of Camp Crystal Lake. Quite a few years ealier the camp was forced to close down after two tragic events occured: a child drowned and two camp counselors were murdered. Of course, like all Friday the 13th movies, one by one the young counselors die a violent death. Jason, however, is not the killer. Near the end we learn that his mother, Pamela Voorhees, is the one doing all the killing.

Pamela explains to Alice, the last surviving counselor, that her child Jason was the one who drowned in the lake. She killed the two camp counsolers whom she blamed for his death. In her insanity, Pamela blames all counselors for the death of her son. After a long chase and struggle, Pamela is beheaded by Alice. Exhausted, Alice takes a boat to the middle of the lake to rest. Jason jumps out of the lake and attacks her.

In Friday the 13th Part II, one character speculates that Jason witnessed the death of his mother and is basically haunting Crystal Lake seeking revenge for her death.

That is pretty much it for story and character development. The story in the sequels are pretty much just an excuse to get teenage kids within striking distance of Crystal Lake. Jason does take a cruise to New York once though. messed

Cloaked
I've been following the making of Freddy vs. Jason for a long time with nothing but skeptism. But having seen the trailer, now I'm looking forward to it. It won't be "oh, DAMN! That was good, man!", but probably more like "hmph...cool!".

jimmy986
is there a website that has detailed info about all the friday the 13th movies.i saw them when i was younger but forget what they were all about

Senor_Pessoba
you can just go to Amazon..type in the name of those movies...and they give a synopsis on them

Senor_Pessoba
Amazom.com

chico23
Oh its going to be kinda cool.

AliasNeo15
It looks good enough to watch. Then again, I thought the same about Jason X sad

Senor_Pessoba
I think it will just be ridiculous...I at least hope the movie doesnt take itself seriously

stylez777
I remember Jason goes to hell (movie stunk bad!!) at the end when everyone seen freddy grab jasons mask and you heard the laugh.. About what, 10 years later we now have a jason vs freddy movie.. Personally I think the movie shoudl be so-so. I mean horror movies haven't been any good since the 80's. Trust me I seen them all, any horror movie worth seeing (and most that are not) I have seen, and the undisputed champion of horror movies was Halloween 1, 2, & 4..... There comes a point when you span a movie over what 2-3 decades that the effect does wear off, and since most people who were alive when friday 13th, elm street, halloween were made are now older and are not as easy to scare... In any event, I would have much rather seen Michael Myers vs Jason instead of corny freddy, but wee all know two main char who don't talk would make a lack luster movie and also that New line Cinema doesn't own the rights to the halloween series, I guess we have to settle for this movie which like i said before will probably be so-so.

If I was making the movie, why stop at Freddy and Jason? they are in hell right? Why not add Pin-head? we could also throw in Leather face too make it some more fun, make it like a UFC for horror legend, Freddy vs Jason vs Myers vs Pin-head vs Leather Face in a 5 man battle royal, with that corny dude from scream as the ref so we can watch him get slapped around by the kings of horror...that woudl make a great movie...atleast it would be worth the price of admission...

For me when I leave the theater after the movie my reaction most likely will be "that was cool, but Myers would have B*tch Slapped both of them". So now I am stuck watching my Fav slasher dude get his butt kicked by Busta Ryhmes...It is so sad how hollywood has killed horror movies isn't it???

KidRock
Whats the whole history about his Hockey mask?

DeNiro
Is anyone else really excited about Freddy vs. Jason i saw the previews at the 2 fast 2 furious movie i went to see and it looks bad ass i cant wait for it to come out. I got my money on freddy all the way he is going to kick jasons ass. It dosent look like a pointless movie either it looks like it will have allot of action not to mention maybe even a story plot lol. well lets hear what everyone else thinks about this movie.

BackFire349
hell yeah.

s8an
Why couldn't they have done Micheal Myers and Hannibal Leachter?

DeNiro
that would be cool but it would be unfair hanibal messes with ya pshcyoligcaly and barely kills anyone and u cant kill meyers and he is pure evil shit i would say some good duals would be mike agaisnt jason, leperchaon agaisnt rumpilstilkins, freddy vs pinhead, and then jeepers creeper dude against like neo lol jk

Sacrifice
No real history behind the mask. In Friday the 13th Part II he just wore a paper bag over his head. In Part III he is wearing the hockey mask. I may be wrong, but I don't think you even see him finding it, he is just suddenly wearing it.

I guess Jason has a low self image. He doesn't want to offend anyone with his disfigurement the few moments before he kills them. blink

DeNiro
Hey Sacrifice i hear ya bro throw pinhead in their is is the shit know i read when u were making fun of freddy and u like meyers ova him and i say cool meyers is ya favorite but freddy's mine i think freddy is awsome becasue he makes fun of people while killing them. i think he is the shit but hell yeah they should have a giant free for all freddy jason pinhead and lether face honestly pinhead would win the dude is from hell and dosent go there becasue he has killed people he works therelol he would deffitnly kick da shit out of every horror guy out there. my two cents.

Metroplex
What exactly is JAson's powers?? I saw JAson X and he seems to be invincible.

Sacrifice
Jason X is the only movie that explains his "powers". For some reason he has extreme healing and regenerative powers. Where and how he got those powers is still a mystery.

Jason is definitely extremely powerful in Jason X, even before he becomes "Super" Jason. He kills a group of soldiers with advanced technological weapons. I found it rather absurd that they couldn't somehow contain him on such a ship.

He is not quite so powerful in previous movies, he is more or less beaten by a couple teenage girls in Friday the 13th II & III. He is killed by a kid in IV. He is blown up by the military in Jason Goes to Hell.

spideyfreak88
i think it looks like a tight movie but i have my money on Jason not Freddy Happy Dance

KidRock
"jeepers creeper dude against like neo lol jk" Neo would PWN him! lol

kruegerKid
I disagree with most of the comments contained within this forum. Although most of you might think Freddy is lame I believe he is the king of horror. Not only is he scary, but he's funny in a morbid kind of way. Unlike Jason and Micheal he actually talks, which I believe makes the movie more interesting.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Another thing that makes him cooler is that when you have nightmares of Freddy its even scarier because thats how he kills you, that is, he kills you in your dreams.
eek!

Jason is so lame. Someone can run from him for about 20 minutes straight while he slowly pursues them. Yet, 3 miles down the road he has managed to bypass them completely and get ahead, totally ridiculous, what does he have a motorized hidden in the woods or something? The only thing that makes Jason at least semi-decent is that he has the horror look down, he is a fierce killer and he has a nice machettee.
cool

As for Micheal Myers, he is he saddest "horror king" I have ever seen. He reminds me of Jason taken down a few notches with a less interesting storyline, not to mention he wears a lame mask. His movies, in my opinion, are more suspense then horror.
sick

As far as Freddy Vs. Jason, I think the movie is going to be great. I have been waiting forever for it. Hopefully it will far surpass Nightmare On Elm Street 1,3, and 4, which I believe to be the greatest of the NOES. I have even viewed the trailer and some of the interviews with Robert Englund. With all this information I can not believe there are still those out there with doubt in their minds. Disheartening is what it is.
sad

For all those with negative thought I recommend you view the movie when it is released before you make such outrageous comments. Oh finally, in rebuttal to the comment about how over time the effect of the classics fade, I think any TRUE horror buff would be loyal to the classics no matter how many years its been.
mad

BackFire349
the king of horror is leatherface. all other characters are just one dimentional versions of him.

BackFire349
again, neither of them will win. the humans will probably kill them both.

BackFire349
and yes. micheal myers is very over rated, as are the halloween series.

kruegerKid
Sorry guys I noticed in my earier post i forgot a word. Where it says moterized in the woods I meant oterized scooter.Sorry bout that.

yerssot
I agree with BF, saw the first one of mister mike, was totally stupid

kruegerKid
I'm sorry in no means do I wish to take any kind of credit from leatherface, but I believe it impossible for him to be horror flick king because I do not view him as a horror character. He is more of a psycho killer which, forgive me, would place him in the same category as Micheal Myers, kind of suspense-action. There's nothing special about him when for example he is compared to Freddy. Horror, whether the movies be lame or not, would be like, NOES, Friday the 13th, Wishmaster, Poltergeist, Exorcist, etc. In my eyes horror has to be scary, and have a type of demonic relation. Its characters should also have some impossible attributes, such as being able to kill people in there dreams or being able to come back to life after being drowned. beer

KidRock
Anyone ever hear of Dr. Giggles??? Its a horror movie but this guy was nuts!!! he walked down the street stabbing people he also soved a vacmm throgh some other guy. Anyone ever hear of this movie?

DeNiro
hey kid rock i know Neo is the shit lol, and nice name bro i a very big kid rock fan u like PanterA and MuDvAyNe also?

BackFire349
i love pantera and mudvayne.

BackFire349
a horror villian doesnt have to e super human to be scary. the thing that makes leatherface so utterly terrifying and unique is that he is not. he is human, and thus it makes it alot creepier to think of a human being doing all those things as opposed to a demon or invincible dead person. i dont find freddy or jason scary at all because it is impossible for anything like what they do to happen in real life. but what leatherface does is very real and can actually happen. and thats more terrifying then any fried up demon or dead child who drowned in a lake. also what makes leatherface so great is his lack of motovation. unlike freddy and jason and micheal myers, who all are doing what they do for revenge purposes. leatherface does what he does simply because he is insane and he belives he has to do what he does to survive. he is heads and shoulders above every other horror villian, none of them have the depth or eerieness that he does. he is the king because if it werent for him, none of the others would exist. he was the first, and he is still the best.

DeNiro
yeah MuDvAyNe is my favorite band and PanterA is awsome as hell as u can see under my name for my status it says true cowboy from hell. yeah if u like them u got to like Rob Zombie mettalica Ozzy Black Sabbath and shit like that i am a hard core rock fan till death i love anything that pulsaits ya ear drum. but i am also into like linkin park and the used and disturbed and korn and sublime and shit like that too. how bout u guys out there what u dig in music

BackFire349
tool, dredg, slipknot, slayer, deftones, machine head, fear factory, soul fly

DeNiro
Slipknot is the shit they r cool as hell. I like godsmack is good too and jimi hendrix and icp has some good shit too

Slybaghouse
I LOVE THAT ALBUM! evil face

cemetry gates, cowboys from hell and Heresy!!!!

rock

DeNiro
**** yeah slybaghouse, that is a good ass cd of theres, i like Vulgar display of power and the great southren trend kill and reinventing steel aint so bad either.

BackFire349
great southern trendkill is there best album. also sepultura is good.

KidRock
mudvayne kicks ass pantera is in probley my top 5 but my main man is none other then KiDrOck that dude kicks lots O ass lol

DeNiro
yeah kid rock does. You dont get anything better when u r listning to cocky or american bad ass at full blast on ya radio.

kruegerKid
I totally disagree as I stated earlier, I'm not really saying he has to be superhuman but he, in my opinion, should have some other qualities other than human ones. This is because without them all he is another psycho, nothing special. Just because he is extremely demented and likes to wear human skins you think he is the king?
laughing

Think about these questions:

1. If I make a movie about a random serial killer, should we call that horror?
-No, it would be more drama, suspense than anything.

2. Just because someone kills for no reason that makes them scarier?
-No, it makes them crazier thats it.

3. If something that happened in the movie had the possibility of happening to us, does that make it scarier?
-No, I bet if you ask, most people would say they were more scared of Freddy, Jason, Chucky, Mike Myers, or IT than they were of Leatherface even though what happened in Leatherface would be far more likely to happen in real life, than the others.

Ridiculous is what I think the statements you made were. I don't care if he was first or last he didn't inspire anything. I admit he is alright but far from the best. I think what's happening is that you're letting your love of this guy overcome your commonsense, you should try evaluating the situation from a neutral standpoint.
wink

chico23
eek! *Holds back Backfire*

BackFire349
sorry. you are incorrect. he inspired every horror villian after him. this has been said by alot of the other directors who made similar characters. and actually, lots of people i know think leatherface is scarier then any of the other horror villians because he is the most realistic. oh, and what makes him the king isnt the fact that he wears human skin. its th efact that no other villian has been created that has his depth or that has combined all the winning factors of the other villians. he has the intimidation factor of jason and micheal myers. plus he's often funny. granted he isnt a wise ass like freddy. but thats no great feat. freddy crueger is basically another version of cravens old horror villian from his first movie last house on the left. krueg. anyways. leatherface is still unique to this day. that cant be said for any of the other ones. jason and micheal myers are basically the same. freddy, krueg, and chucky are all very similar. IT is basically the same as the thing. leatherface still stands alone, and is the only one that hasnt been copied to the dime. why is that? because there could never be another leatherface. oh and to answer those 3 questions....

1. no

2. yes. from what ive seen, the characters that scare me the most are the ones without motovation. henry -portrait of a serial killer is another example of this.

3. usually. of course there are exceptions. when i was younger and when i saw all the popular horror series that you mentioned, none scared me whatsoever, except the shining. but the only slasher horror movie that ever got to me was TCM. and that was because of its brutal realism. i guess its amatter of opinion, but if you know for a fact that something cant happen in real life, then why be scared of it?

and as far as your last paragraph goes. everything i say is from a neutral stand point. I've seen them all and then some. some you probably have never heard of. and after all those movies, leatherface is the only character that still intrigues me and that i find interesting. im sorry that you feel differently. but me, along with just about every other true horror fan i know has alot of respect for TCM and loves leatherface for the same reasons i do. calling me ridiculous is like calling many many other horror fans ridiculous as well. but if you want you're circle of generic copy cat killers. thats your choice.

kruegerKid
Incorrect? Maybe in your mind but I think otherwise. I can't believe you're over exaggerating leatherfaces character. You talk about how in depth he is and how none can compare. Sad, I would hope there would be no character similar to him, one is bad enough. Also, as far as how in depth his character is, that comment alone makes me laugh, he's nothing more than a psycho hillbilly. Is that supposed to scare me? I think not, apparently I have higher standards than you.
smart

Oh and by the way I never said I didn't have respect for TCM I just believe there are better and more scarier characters than leatherface. I also don't appreciate the comment about the "true horror fans" because it insinuates that I am not one, which is far from the truth. I'm also glad that leatherface intrigues you, he just doesn't have that effect on me.
sleep<--This is what he does to me

I also think this debate has continued for far to long. You can say whatever you like using as many arguments to defend your statement and I will still feel the way I do. From the way you are acting, I can assume the same about you. I'm not even going to waste my time anymore. You continue following horror movies that interest you and I will do the same, till my next post...
.... wink

KidRock
it looks like we have a Horror Buff show down on hour hands! *ding* *ding* The Forum Master BackFire V.S The Rising Rookie Understudy Kruegar Kid!!! Place your bets!

BackFire349
no, i meant you are incorrect about him influencing other horror villians. this is fact because as i said, the directors of the other horror films have stated this numerous times and all give alot of respect to TCM and leatherface. thats the only thing you are factually wrong about. everything else is just a difference in opinion that i can respect. and as far as the 'true horror fans' thing goes. i did not mean to insinuate that you are not a horror fan. i meant, and i believe i said. that all horror fans i know love leatherface. which is true. thats not to say you are not a horror fan. i dunno if you are or not. so far all ive got to go with is you like nightmare on elmstreet and the other mainstreems horror movies. that tells me nothing about you or your dedication to the genre because lots of people who dont enjoy horror movies as a whole enjoy those ones. and if you are a hardcore horror fan then you are the first who doenst like leatherface. simple as that.

Sacrifice
I can't believe you guys are arguing over horror characters. blink

BackFire349
yeah, its what i do wink

tommyboy
C'mon Freddy taking out Jason in a battle of evil. Please! The first time Freddy raises his hand to slash him, Jason will probably rip it right off and beat him with it. Without those knives Freddy is nothing but a weakling! JMO. Happy Dance

KidRock
yea it doesnt look like old freddy has to much brute strength in him. on the other hand jason is just diesel! lo l

kruegerKid
I totally agree with you BackFire, I'll admit he influenced some. I was just bothered because you were acting as though he influenced every horror villain. It's also true too that everything else we have stated is a matter of opinion. Oh and for the record, I do consider myself a true horror fan. I say this for several reasons. I've been intrigued by horror flics ever since I was little,it's so bad that horror movies are the only ones I will buy or go see in the movie theaters. I will watch other genres of course but my dedication lies with that of the horror genre. I even take the time to research up-and-coming horror movies and discuss and debate those already released, as you've come to see.
Also I never said I like all the mainstream horror movies, I've said already that I've always hated Micheal Myers and that I think Jason is "played out" in my earlier posts. I also discuss why I feel this way. I just happen to love NOES which, again, I've explained why in my earlier posts. Believe me I watch and love all different kinds of horror movies, even those low budget ones that unless you've seen, you have no idea what I'm talking about.
Happy Dance

.........................This part of my post is for Sacrifice............................
I read your comment and thought I would inform you that the point of a forum is to discuss and sometimes debate the topic that the focus is on. BackFire and I are debating because he made a comment concerning a post I made and I believe that if you can not defend the statements you make in a post then you should not be posting it at all. So I responded back and it began....Apparently you don't realize that you're not being forced to read our posts, if you don't like what we are talking about, look for a thread with a topic that interests you and post there, do something better than criticizing others.
The worst thing of all though is that you're not even witty enough to come up with anything better than "I can't believe you guys are arguing over horror characters," quite sad. At least BackFire is on the same intellectual level as me.
reading = smart ....try it....

DeNiro
ok ok i am a huge weight lifter but honeslty on this one i say **** streanght up it ass i mean freddy has like supernatural powers. like in the freddy kruger movie when those kids r in the hospital and freddy pulls the kids veins and shit out of his arms and was using him as a puppet and there freddy is bigger then the building puppeterin the kid and he can make him self disapper and shit i mean jason is a retard he wont know what will hit him. FREDDY 4 EVER lol

BackFire349
fair enough. what other horror movies do you like?

kruegerKid
I like Hellraiser,The Puppet Master, Cube, Evil Dead, Children Of The Corn,Amityville,Troll, Resident Evil, The Others, Slumber Party Massacre, etc.

stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

BackFire349
lol, children of the corn. that movies so corny (no pun intended). its hilarious, but so so bad. cube was good, hellraisers great, i dont remember puppet master too well, saw it to long ago, and i thought i was the only person who ever saw troll. any others?

kruegerKid
hmm lets see....I also like Pet Cemetary,Final Destination,Leprecaun is ok depends on which one, Mimic, Night Of The Living Dead,oh Tales From The Hood was cool too.....

BackFire349
do you like any obscure ones?

kruegerKid
such as?...

BackFire349
horror movies that most other people havent heard of.

kruegerKid
i mentioned a few most of em arent the greatest like Survival Island for example

BackFire349
yeah thats one ive never heard of.

kruegerKid
yeah mostly those underbudget horrors are the ones no one has seen

BackFire349
yeah, most of them suck though. even by my standards.

Crash_Overload
Anybody here thought that Jason X should win an Acadamie Award for best Comedy of the year, man I was laugh throughout the entire film, espeacially the part when he throughs the guy down on that digging thing, AND HE SPINS AROUND ON IT!!!

I also laughed a bit on The Ring. Like in the end when that Girl came through the T.V. and killied the guy? THAT is humour. The only scary part is in the begging when they first talk about the tape. The Horse on the Boat was cool thought. And I loved the part when Rachel takes the fly off the tape. But I should not be posting this in a FREDDY Vs. JASON thread.

O and basically I think that movie is going to be a MAJOR disapointment.

BackFire349
well im not expecting to much so i wont be disapointed.

damnation2
yeah uh im not to shure about this movie

fizzle
mad Ok... this movie is going to be so sweet! I dont know what some of you are talkin bout. but i guess thats just my opinion.... like, the 2 best villians ever... put in one movie... im so excited!!

kruegerKid
hey fizzle why dont you read all the posts in this thread before you make comments like that.If you had you would know ow I feel about this movie.

kruegerKid
This was my first post in this thread so look and read before you post..........

I disagree with most of the comments contained within this forum. Although most of you might think Freddy is lame I believe he is the king of horror. Not only is he scary, but he's funny in a morbid kind of way. Unlike Jason and Micheal he actually talks, which I believe makes the movie more interesting.

Another thing that makes him cooler is that when you have nightmares of Freddy its even scarier because thats how he kills you, that is, he kills you in your dreams.

Jason is so lame. Someone can run from him for about 20 minutes straight while he slowly pursues them. Yet, 3 miles down the road he has managed to bypass them completely and get ahead, totally ridiculous, what does he have a motorized hidden in the woods or something? The only thing that makes Jason at least semi-decent is that he has the horror look down, he is a fierce killer and he has a nice machettee.

As for Micheal Myers, he is he saddest "horror king" I have ever seen. He reminds me of Jason taken down a few notches with a less interesting storyline, not to mention he wears a lame mask. His movies, in my opinion, are more suspense then horror.

As far as Freddy Vs. Jason, I think the movie is going to be great. I have been waiting forever for it. Hopefully it will far surpass Nightmare On Elm Street 1,3, and 4, which I believe to be the greatest of the NOES. I have even viewed the trailer and some of the interviews with Robert Englund. With all this information I can not believe there are still those out there with doubt in their minds. Disheartening is what it is.

For all those with negative thought I recommend you view the movie when it is released before you make such outrageous comments. Oh finally, in rebuttal to the comment about how over time the effect of the classics fade, I think any TRUE horror buff would be loyal to the classics no matter how many years its been.

fizzle
I didnt say ALL.... i said SOME... why dont you read it right before you reply

fizzle
no expression oops... sorry kruegerkid... i didnt mean to sound bitchy there....

BackFire349
well micheal myers was a few years before jason. so basically jason is a rip off of micheal. i think as far as horror villians go, it is in this order

1. leatherface (no surprise there)
2. Zombies
3. jason
4. freddy
5. chucky
6. micheal

and i agree with krueger kid, if you are a fan then good movies dont age. they just stay great.

chico23
I like you list backfire it just seems to be missing Pinhead, but its hard to place him in there. I would put him in before chucky myself. My darkhorse would be that guy from Phantasm when I was young he freaked me out.

BackFire349
ah yes, the tall man. pinhead... he's kinda a mixed bag, i dont recall in the other hellraiser movies, but he's not a villian in the first one, he's more like a demon that brings justice to evil people... tahts why i didnt list him.

kruegerKid
My list is as follows...

1.Freddy(I'm sure you all saw that coming)wink
2.Jason
3.Zombies
4.Trolls-From the movie "Troll"
5.The toys from the movie "Demonic Toys"
6.Old Man from Poltergiest
7.Pinhead
8.Leatherface
9.Chucky
10.Cryptkeeper from "Tales From The Crypt," when I was younger I used to get freaked out when he did that evil laugh and popped out of his coffin.

TedO
Cryptkeeper ALWAYS freaked me out... even to this day.

Hi, I'm TedO by the way :P

ANYWAYS... I'm looking forward to this movie simply because these are my two favourite movie characters of all time. I'm a horror movie fan, but obviously not as much as the two big battlers on here (The Kid and the Forum Master).

Here's my question... how will they play it out? Will it be Freddy trying to kill Jason all the itme, but Jason just keeps coming back? Because that is how I see the movie playing out. What do you all think?

BackFire349
cryptkeeper was so loveable. and as far as jason vs freddy, the story is that freddy takes over jasons mind with some kinda magic, and controls him and what not. jason realizes whats going on and get mad and wants to kill freddy, and freddy wants to kill jason for not following orders.

TedO
You don't mean control him, as in the very crappy Nightmare 2 type of control, do you? Because that was just the worlds biggest disapointment. I would rather sit through Jason X then watch NOE2.

chico23
Yeah good point I guess hes not your typical horror bad gyuy and yeah Tall man he's freaky.

kruegerKid

TedO
Well, if Jason is being controlled, it would be VERY cool if they did a mind search like they did in Freddy's Dead for him... going through his past, only Freddy would be the one going through, and he'd interact with Jasons memories, altering them so he would kill who he wanted him to. Too bad the age old art of 3-D is out, because that would be cool to see it again... or am I alone on this one?

Either way, if Freddy is controlling Jason, then I really hope it's done better than NOE2.

And yeah, Double K, it is hard to top the first one... but that's because it caught so many people off gaurd, like the first Matrix movie. Then it was mostly repition with different ways of killing. But that's what I love about Freddy, he's inovative instead of the usual hack/slash ways most killers are.

kruegerKid
Well said my friend, he has an original feel to him thats why I love him. Not only is he a demented killer but he is witty about it, constanty making smart remarks and trying to scare his victims. Oh and it's not really that the first one caught us off guard, I just think they rushed the sequel. I say this because NOES 3 and 4 were great, matter of fact NOES 4 brought in the most money in the theaters.
huh

It's hard to believe his character was thought up by Wes when he read a newspaper article talking about how people that had been having nightmares, died mysteriously in there sleep. Just think, had that not been published, or had Wes not read that, we might not have never been introduced to Freddy.
blink

Also you're not alone on the 3-D that would be cool especially in the theaters. There's only one bad thing about it though, when it comes out on DVD and you lose or just plain 'ol don't have the 3-D glasses the picture would suck. People who have the movie Freddy's Dead without the glasses know what I mean.
yes

Anyways until my next post..... shifty

TedO
That's the wonderful magic of DVD, KK. I bought the NOE box set, which comes with it's own 3-D glasses... BUT Freddys Dead has two settings... one to watch WITH 3-D and one to watch without 3-D, so if you lose the glasses then you don't have to watch a crappy picture.

Hooray for technology.

And yeah, they did rush the second one out, but one of the main things I hated about it is that they had Freddy kill people who weren't asleep. He used a sleeping person to kill people who were awake. It ruined everything. Now, when I think of the series, 99% of the time I omit that movie.

kruegerKid
I hear you Tedo, Along with 2 I also omit NOES 5-Dream Child, I hated that one even more. Almost the same concept, Freddy could kill people when she was awake if her baby was sleeping. Also don't worry, I know the box set comes with the glasses because I bought it when it first came out, the joys of working at Walmart in the electronics department. Just never checked to see if I could turn the 3-D stuff off because I never had too.

TedO
I didn't think 5 was as bad as 2, simply because it was more of a continuing story part of the NOE, where if you look at the series, they all flow together in a way, with the exception of 2. Yes, 5 is my second least liked of the series, but like I said, it flowed with things... even though the whole killing while people are awake thing just sucked.

I wish I could have got the box set when it came out... Walmart here didn't carry it.. almost nobody did. I had to drive half an hour into the next town, only to find out they were sold out so I had to drive another 45 min across the town to another store and get it there. But, in the long run, it was worth it. And yeah, I think the option is when you simply play the movie, or just change the angle, to turn 3D on and off.

kruegerKid
I never said I liked 2 more, the only good thing about 2 was that the body count was the highest, remember the party when "Freddy" attacked all the kids? That was alright. The thing that sucked, besides the whole awake killing thing, was that they never explained how Freddy got in the kid. However despite all this, just so you know, I thought 2 flowed.

See the boy moved in her house right after Nancy moved out which was after her mom got killed. The only reason she wasn't in this one was because she stopped dreaming after she started taking those experimental pills, which you later find out in NOES 3. I get disappointed because people can't see it as a continuation just because none of the characters from the previous NOES were in it, which all the other NOES' do.

TedO
I know what you mean when you say it "flowed"... but the way I mean is you could have put parts 3/4/5 into one long movie and it would have still made lots of sense. I don't know how quite to say it, but 2 just always seemed out of place.

He got in to the kid just because he was weak is as far as I was able to figure it out. I guess after killing all the other kids he got more powerful and was able to enter peoples bodies who were in that house... that's why nobody else would live there. That's how I had taken it. Or something along that lines.

And yeah, that party scene was awesome. Mainly just for the one shot where the fire is going and he's wavin his arms around... a pure Freddy pose.

kruegerKid
I totally get what you're saying, that's how I feel. The way you said it though was like you thought it didnt fit at all.

TedO
Well sorry, didn't mean to. They all fit in, just 2 stands out more. Like it tried to be a different kind of movie from number one, staying away from the sleeping death.

proberts14
Now, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but have you seen the last Jason movies. They are in the words of Bill Walton "Hooooorrrible" more comical than scary. The Freddy Krueger character is better in may ways. One, the fact he doesn't exist in the "real world" makes him almost unkillable. Why not chop Jason's head off? You would think after 10 movies (7 were terrible) some genius would've figured it out. Another reason he is better than Jason is the same actor (Robert Englund) knows his character and always delivers a scarier and more unique look than the last time we see him. What you have in "Freddy vs Jason" is a dying horror series (Friday the 13th) and one that still has great potential (A Nightmare on Elm St). I am looking forward to the movie. The outcome will be though not Jason winning, not Freddy winning, but both end up losing or both end up living. This happens in every other "" vs "" movies. Take Frankenstein vs Dracula, Dracula disembles Frankenstein then dies due to sunlight. Don't be dissappointed if they both are alive or dead.

P.S. As for Chucky being considered a horror character, give me a break my stuffed big bird is more freaky than him.
(remember the classics Dracula is scary not the black and white versions and werewolves are sure to draw a shriek)

Godshinto
I just wonder who's going to win wether it be Freddy or Jason I think Freddy has an upperhand, but you know movies all villians always have the upperhand Jason might have tricks up his sleve that'll help him kill Freddy. I personaly don't cheer for the good guys anymore I just hope that the Bad Guy finds some way to make a second movie unless the first movie sucked. Oh and by the way I hae already seen the Freddy vs. Jason movie it wasn't to bad. I can tell you what happened but that would ruin the movie.

BackFire349
as i said before, i dont think either will win. it will end up being a draw. most likely they will both be killed by the humans. Because if one wins over the other then then fanboys of the loser will be up in arms and bitching about how horrible the movie was because the villian they love lost, and they wont be able to accept that. oh and by the way, as far as the latest friday the 13th movies sucking go, jason takes manhatton is my favorite of them all. the others are pretty boring. also jason X was one of the most entertaining of them all because it made fun of all the little quirks of the series (lets smoke pot and have pre-marital sex) and my favorite part, when jason seems to be awakening to the young teenage couple having sex, since sex in the friday the 13th movies always causes nothing but trouble. and how can you have seen it already?

TedO
He hasn't seen it already, that's just a load of carp. Although I've managed to reserve a place in the pre-screening at hte local theater (my friend works there and they are alloweed to bring one person in with them when they test the movie... I saw LOTR - TT this way, too big grin)

And they couldn't chop Jasons head off, that would ruin the franchise stick out tongue

As far as the winner.... I was reading that if this movie does well, they plan on making it into a series, so neither is going to win, they're going to stay alive. They more than likely will be imprisoned together by the humans and left to battle for eternity. Or captured seperatley.

What I would like to see happen (if my above statement is true) is Freddy trapped in Jasons mind, who in turn is trapped one place or another.

I personally think the first Friday The 13th movie was the best. I saw it when I was about 6, and when Jason jumped out the lake at the end of the movie I screamed SO loud that my parents thought I had hurt myself. I didn't sleep much that night.

BackFire349
i thought the first couple of friday the 13th movies were pretty boring. as i said, my fav is jason takes manhatton.

thenightmare
you're all being unfair. You *claim* to like either/both franchise but how can u. I have always loved Freddy since i was 7, and i'm now getting into Jason after seeing the amazing Friday the 13th (#1). I've seen the trailer and to be honest i think all u ppl who are saying it'll fail and that it doesn't work to have the two characters in 1 film are wrong. I agree that if it isn't done rite it could be crap, but if it's done well..TRUE horror fans will see it again and again because the plot has the potential to be so interesting, sure, they'd need plenty of gore and some nudity but gore doesn't make a horror.. I've been waiting for the moment this collaboration happened and i think if u gonna come into this forum saying its no good then don't come, coz u're no true fan! mad

BackFire349
im looking forward too it, thats for sure, but from what ive seen, i dont think it will be all that great. i hope i am wrong though, cuz i have been waiting for this movie since it was announced like 10 years ago.

thenightmare
Yeh, although many ppl are sceptical, you have to agree it has soo much potential to be a dream to ppl like me who feed off of Freddy

BackFire349
i think it will be entertaining.

TedO
It has the potential to be a great movie, but it needs to be done just so. A good storyline would pull it out nicely, and a good witer for Freddy's one-liners. The one-lners themself could be amajor factor... do they keep Freddy in the wise cracking character he always has been.

And I hear they are trying to make Jason a phantom-of-the-opera sympathetic character.... something about the eyes of the actor they chose. It was on Yahoo movies... could be crap, but just thought I'd pass it on.

kruegerKid
Um yea.. I think thenightmare and proberts14, need to read E.V.E.R.Y post in this thread before they come in here ranting and raving. Everything you're saying has already been said, if you agree, then say you agree, don't sit here and keep repeating the same stuff to me. Trust me I was the first one to come in here and truly defend both this movie and Freddy. If you doubt me refer to the old posts and you will see the long continued debate between Backfire and I.
yes

The point of a forum is to discuss your feelings on the topic, if someone has already said what you said then why post it again, you're just wasting space. Make your post interesting and unique, add something to the previous ones, perhaps a detail or a point that someone neglected to mention. I don't know, I just get frustrated when people only read the last page of a thread and think they know what's going on.
mad

Anyways until my next post...... wink

Evil Dead
going back to the original post here............"who's movies have been bombing for the past 10 years"

Not one Nightmare on Elm Street or one Friday the 13th movie have ever bombed.......as a matter of fact, all have made a healthy profit.......all 10 Friday the 13th movies and all 7 Nightmare movies had small budgets by Hollywood standards.........they are horror movies, nobody ever had the expectation of any of them making hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office..........these movies are made for fans, not mass audiences........hence the small budgets......

If a movie costs $12 million to make.........and only makes a pitiful little $20 million at the box office...............that is $8 million profit my friend.......and most movies if not all of each series made more than $8 million profit, that's why the kept making them wink

A bomb would be like that travesty of a movie called "Hulk" that's out right now........they spent $150 million + to make the movie.....and another $20-$30 million on advertising..............they are still in the whole by millions of dollars, they didn't even break even!.........that is the definition of a bomb...........

They need to do a movie with Ash v/s Freddy and Jason........tearing them to pieces with his chainsaw.........now that would be a blockbuster.

by the way........there have only been 1 movie released in the past 10 years from either series, that was Jason X........Wes Craven's New Nightmare was released ten years ago in '93....but it was the early part of '93 if memory serves as it was already out on video by August....

kruegerKid
At least we have another person with some commonsence in here Tedo...lol welcome Evil, always good to have a NOES supporter in this thread espeially when they do the smart thing and read all the posts before posting themselves. Much appreciated.

Evil Dead
Actually........i didn't read any of the posts before posting.......this was the first thread I came into and I only read the first post in it in which the originator clearly didn't know what they were talking about...........I'm just a big horror buff......the original NOES film is my favorite of all time.......followed closely by the Original Evil Dead.........I like discussing horror with other people knowledgable on the subject.

kruegerKid
Well then thats a little dissapointing, Tedo is quite knowledgable when it comes to this subject, you should read all the posts in this thread then maybe you would know what was going on. Both Tedo and I are supporters of this movie then again you wouldnt knoiw that because you read all of two posts out of like 20....apparently you know little about how a forum works.

TedO
Wow, this guy is making sense. That's been rare around here for the past while stick out tongue. Welcome to the horror relm, Dead.

Evil Dead
"No real history behind the mask. In Friday the 13th Part II he just wore a paper bag over his head. In Part III he is wearing the hockey mask. I may be wrong, but I don't think you even see him finding it, he is just suddenly wearing it.

I guess Jason has a low self image. He doesn't want to offend anyone with his disfigurement the few moments before he kills them. "

------------posted by Sacrifice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly........didn't Jason wear a pillow case/bulap bag with one eye hole cut out in Friday 2? Had it tied around his neck with a piece of rope to hold it on..........

Jason picked up his Hockey Mask in part III...........he got it when he killed the fat guy with the curly hair (can't recall his name, I do remember it was a girl's name though)......it was the mask he was wearing when he jumped out to scare one of the girls with a harpoon gun..........god what was his name......as soon as I'm done posting this it will hit me.........

There is no explanation given however on why his Mask changes from film to film......theoretically it should always be the same mask (except for part 5 when Jason isn't the killer.....he isn't even in the movie)....they did use masks for the movies that look similar, but not exactly the same.

kruegerKid
your right it was a burlap sack. Oh and I'm glad to see you actually took the time to read some older posts now.

Evil Dead
yeah....I was just reading through looking for inaccuracies............nothing bothers me more than people talking about stuff they don't know about............that guy "Sacrifice" should have just said, "I don't know" instead of passing along false information to people......

just read your other post after my last one.........I know how forums work........I've been posting on forums (mostly ezboard) since '99 as Evil Dead...........I've been posting in the Matrix forums for the past month or so..........they're all pretty much the same really.........as long as you know your stuff on the subject before you post, it's not necissary to read all the posts.......if you stick around you will eventually get to know the people and be able to discern between them........who knows their stuff and who is full of shit...........like we've just been doing.....look forward to more of it in the future.

If Tedo is the one who originated this thread.........no disrespect.....you may have knowledge on the subject, maybe more than me.......but the original post is inaccurate as I pointed out earlier........not one of the 17 movies of either series has bombed...........that's all I was saying.....I like to correct false information, 'tis a peeve of mine. Nice to meet you guys and I look forward to many good horror movie conversations in the future with both of you.

kruegerKid
Hey I hear you, Sacrifice is a fool, I told him so myself. I find myself to be pretty well educated when it comes to horror but I consider myself a NOES expert just so you know. You seem to be pretty good with your horror knowledge and Im sorry I meant no disrespect with my previous post to you its just that MY pet peeve is people who throw in their two cents without knowing verything thats going on first.

Anyways I look forward to future convo's, until my next post.....

Evil Dead
Back to the original topic here.............

I think Freddy should waste Jason easily in the movie.........although they probably won't have it happen this way........it is the way it should be.

Freddy is an intelligent mass murder who was killed by the parents of his victims..........was given the dream realm by the dream demons so he could continue to murder.................keeps finding ways to come back.

Jason is a moron (literally).....he is a retarded boy who grew up in a shack in the surrounding woods near Crystal Lake.......ashamed to show his disfigured face to the world which thought he was dead........watched his mother die at the hands of a camp councilor and now seeks revenge on all those who enter his domain of Crystal Lake............very hard to kill........ends up being slaughtered by Tommy in part 4.......only to be resurrected from the dead at the beginning of part 6 as a zombie when lightning strikes his grave..........now he's even harder to kill because he's already dead...........he's still a moron.........he is still a retard.....

(I refuse to take Friday part 8 into consideration when recounting Jason's bio as Jason's bio is already established in the first 4 movies of the series and the makers of part 8 have already went on record as saying that the end of part 8 doesn't fit into the mythology of the series......they just did it because they thought it would be cool to add a supernatural element to Jason by having him revert back to a child at the end as if he had really died in the lake as a boy and been a zombie the entire time.....................................I also refuse to take part 9 into consideration for the same points as I mentioned for 8, on the dvd commentary the filmakers even say it doesn't follow the Jason mythology.........they wanted to add a supernatural element to the movie to make it different from the rest)

who do you guys think will win?

kruegerKid
I agree with you totally and I am backing Freddy all the way, it would be a ridiculous shame if Jason won.

TedO
I don't think either will really win, tho Freddy should. He could mess with Jasons mind in so many ways... mostly by taking the form of his mother. But, of course, like I said, I don't think there will be a definite winner.

BackFire349
id like to see jason win, i like him more then freddy.

kruegerKid
saw that one coming...lol

BackFire349
i watched new nightmare tonight on tv. pretty decent.

Godshinto
Evil dead man that show a great amount of knowledge great post. Although I kind of disagree although Jason was a complete moron he was a smart killer and almost completely unstoppable. I think that audiences will have to pick a good guy and a bad guy and since the movie premise is about Freddy going to Hell to get Jason to do his dirty work and Jason telling him to **** off. So I think that audiences will be placing Jason as the good guy here. Although if you're going with who should win because of their powers then Freddy straight out he'll anilate Jason even though Jason will keep comming back because he can't be killed each and every time Freddy would destroy him, but somehow I don't think the movie will go that way. I will be able to see the movie at the end of July I'll have it on DVD by then.

Evil Dead
when I was saying Jason was a moron, I wasn't stating my opinion...........he really is, that's the storyline.........Pamela Voorhies discloses this at the end of the first movie........he is retarded, that's why she blamed the councilors for him drowning..........she said they should have been watching him closely because he was retarded..........

Evil Dead
I knew I would remember it eventually..........the fat kid with the curly hair in part 3's name was Shelly........that's who Jason got his mask from.............I knew it was a girls name!!!!

Ushgarak
Hey, I thought that treatment of fizzle was a bit unfair. He simply commented that he though the movie would be good, no need to post your first post again at all, KK.

We did also drift rather hugely off-topic here at one point; watch out for that.

BackFire349
the thing that i like about jason is that he's just an unstopable machine.

kruegerKid
Maybe just a little to unstoppable sometimes Backfire. It is as though he doesn't even feel pain, he loses an arm continues without even flincing, thats retarded.

Godshinto
Well you said before he's retarded. He is completely unstopable that's why I think that he'll be a good advisary for Freddy. But like I said it could go either way. You know the premise of the movie is that Freddy goes to hell to recruit Jason to do his dirty work, so when Jason wins he'll go back to hell and so will Freddy and neither will win atleast that's what I think that'll happen.

kruegerKid
I know thats the intention, but even though neither will win, I think Freddy will be capable of doing the most damage.

TedO
I think Freddy will keep "killing" Jason, who will keep coming back to life and trying to get revenge, only to be killed and ressurected again, and so forth.

kruegerKid
Thats what I'm thinking, although there probally wont be a winner, Freddy will dominate.

BackFire349
well he is dead already. so he cant really feel pain.

kruegerKid
Not neccesarily, because he's dead he's not supposed to die again, doesn't mean he cant feel pain.

BackFire349
basically. just like zombies.

Godshinto
Then mabey he's just to stupid to feel pain. I too agree that Freddy will do the most damage in the waking world and in the dream world.

BackFire349
no, jasons dead. he's like a super powerful zombie.

Godshinto
I just wonder in the previews I saw Freddy saying welcome to my world does that mean Jason goes to Freddys world then to the real world from there or does this whole movie happen here in the real world?

myersguy
i say we cant say anything unil we see he movie

scifigunslinger
smile I think FvJ is gonna be the BEST horror movie....EVER

kruegerKid
Well since New Line Cinema's breakdown of the movie is vague, one can only assume. Perhaps Freddy is talking about hell since he was there first or maybe he got in Jason's mind somehow which seems outlandish but according to the latest reports thats the basis of the story. What I mean is that Freddy gets in Jasons mind and tries controling him, attempting to make Jason kill for him. One can only wait to see......
...............wink

kruegerKid
True Jason is dead Backfire, but so is Freddy, do you consider him one too? Sad...if you are going to consider Jason "like a super powerful zombie" then you just ruined everyones image of zombies. Like I said before, he should still feel pain just like all the other DEAD horror kings do. For example, Freddy feels pain.

I don't understand why some people actually believe Jasons character makes sense, he constantly strays from the land of the unbelieveable, to the land of the completely ridiculous. Just so you know though, I don't believe Jason is the only one that does this, it is just that everyone finds the need to defend his character.

kruegerKid
eek! WHAT???!! Ok...I think this movie will be great but a statement like that is beyond crazy. There are so many new and old horror movies out there I doubt this will surpass them all.....

BackFire349
i didnt mean jason IS a zombie. he is similar to one. he doesnt feel pain like zombies, he doesnt talk (much) like zombies. he is not a zombie by any means, but i just said that because thats why he doesnt feel pain.

kruegerKid
True he might have some of the characteristics of a zombie, but he is not on so explain to me why? (why he doesn't feel pain). Give me on ligitimate reason. I doesn't make any sense to have a character like that becuase it sends a message that it is futile to even attempt to defeat him yet they do..... bewildering.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>