Android 16 vs. Tien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Tien as of DBS.

Ridley_Prime
DBS Tien was a laughing stock. 16 takes him easily.

Mendax
Yeah but in DBZ he kept SemiPerfect Cell at bay with his Tri-Beams, and then blocked an attack from Buutenks.

I agree that he was a laughing stock in DBS (compared to the others), but it seemed like he had still continued his training, so I assume he was more powerful then he was in the Buu saga.

Galan007
^ I've mentioned this before, but the blast that Tien "blocked" from Bootenks was only targeted at Dende and Satan... So it likely wasn't very powerful at all, and as such, isn't really a noteworthy feat for Tien.

At any rate, Tien has probably gotten the least respect(among the humans) in DBS -- he's been treated as nothing but fodder to virtually everyone. So we don't really know how much more powerful he's become since the Android saga... I highly doubt he's even remotely close to #16's level overall, though.

That said, his only hope would be successfully landing a Kikoho... But I have my doubts if that would even be enough to actually drop #16. /shrug

Mendax
Originally posted by Galan007
I highly doubt he's even remotely close to #16's level overall, though. Based on?

Galan007
Based on the fact that we have no idea how much Tien's power has increased since the Android arc? I mean, #16's overall power was...quite literally...orders of magnitude beyond Tien's back then. Hell, Tien was absolutely awestruck by the power Goku displayed against #19, ffs:

https://i.ibb.co/ys8msxG/Dragon-Ball-Z-v13-055.jpg

So as of the Android arc: #16 = Imperfect Cell >>> #17 = Kamiccolo > #18 > n00b-SS Vegeta > n00b-SS Goku(weakened by the heart virus) >>>>>> Tien.

Granted, several years passed between the Android/Cell sagas and DBS, but the strongest being Tien trained with during that time(aside from himself) is Chiaotzu... So how much should I assume his power really increased? Certainly not enough to approach #16's overall level, I'd wager. /shrug

At least DBS went out of its way to hyper-wank some of the other humans, like Krillin and Roshi(stupid and illogical as said wank might be)... But Tien has literally been given NO iota of legitimate respect since the Android arc, so here we are. ermm

Ridley_Prime
Keep in mind too that Krillen had given up fighting for awhile and had gotten so weak that bullets became a serious threat to him, so he got a ludicrous powerup prior to the ToP to compensate. Tien though has been the only one to not get a Toriyama handjob.

Mendax
I agree that Tien probably isn't on the level of Krillin or Master Roshi in DBS, but he definitely had to have became a lot stronger over the years regardless, because he spent all that time constantly training.

And even during the Cell arc, Tien's Tri-Beam was able to own Semi-Cell until he burned out. And Semi-Cell is obviously far beyond android 16.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
I agree that Tien probably isn't on the level of Krillin or Master Roshi in DBS, but he definitely had to have became a lot stronger over the years regardless, because he spent all that time constantly training. More powerful to *some* extent? Probably. Significantly more powerful, however? Nothing at all supports that. Tien hasn't really done anything of note since the Android saga, and DBS has completely shit on him. By feats and wank, Krillin and Roshi are so massively beyond Tien in DBS that it's almost hilarious.

Yes, Tien spent the majority of his time training, but he only trained with himself and Chiaotzu(who is far weaker than him.) Tien isn't a Saiyan or a Namekian, nor does he have access to any sort of "training tech"(like gravity rooms and whatnot)... So at some point he's going to plateau.

And even during the Cell arc, Tien's Tri-Beam was able to own Semi-Cell until he burned out. And Semi-Cell is obviously far beyond android 16. "Own" is a pretty strong word. At best, repeated Kikohos from Tien were able to stall Semi-Perfect Cell for a few moments before he burned out. The attacks caused absolutely no damage to Cell himself, though.

But like I said in my first post: I do believe Kikohos are Tien's only chance here. However, this assumes he'd actually be able to land one in a forum battle, which I have my doubts about(the Kikoho is an extremely one-dimensional attack that should be quite easy to avoid/counter)... But even IF the Kikohos connected, they would have to be able to either destroy #16 outright, or damage him to such an extent that he couldn't continue fighting -- otherwise #16 would pop back up just as powerful as he was before, thanks to his infinite stamina.

...And tbh, I'm a bit hesitant to believe that the Kikohos could do either, but if we're giving Tien the heavy benefit of the doubt here, I suppose it might be possible(IF they actually managed to connect, of course.) /shrug

Mendax
I see.

So how powerful would you say Tien had become by DBS? Also what do you mean by "the Kikoho is an extremely one-dimensional attack that should be quite easy to avoid/counter"?

Because the way I see it, if the Tri-Beam was able to "stall" (as you say) Semi-Cell for a bit, then it should be able to wreck android 16. So if Tien became even more powerful by DBS, the beam should be able to wreck android 16 even easier. confused

Galan007
So how powerful would you say Tien had become by DBS? That's the thing: we don't know, because Tien's last decent showing was during the Android saga. He did nothing of note during the Boo arc, and has done less than nothing in DBS. We really haven't been given a legitimate reason to assume that his power increased by much at all after the Android arc, tbh. /shrug

But to put their powers into perspective: at the start of DBS/BoG, the heavy implication(per Beerus) is that base Goku was still weaker than Namek-era Freeza... So if Goku(who had spent nearly all of his time between the Namek and Boo arcs zenkai'ing as a result of constant high-level battles, along with constant high-level training) still wasn't even on Freeza's level at base, then Tien would have logically been vastly below Freeza's level any way you slice it.

So in terms of overall power: you have #16, who is above Freeza by orders of magnitude... Then you have Tien, who isn't even remotely close to Freeza's level.

IOW, #16 could literally own Tien with a casual finger flick.

Also what do you mean by "the Kikoho is an extremely one-dimensional attack that should be quite easy to avoid/counter"? Because the Kikoho is concentrated into a very small area that his opponent here(who is orders of magnitude more powerful) should be able to easily side-step in a forum battle... Or #16 sees Tien charging the attack, and sends a "rocket punch" his way to counter.

Because the way I see it, if the Tri-Beam was able to "stall" (as you say) Semi-Cell for a bit, then it should be able to wreck android 16. So if Tien became even more powerful by DBS, the beam should be able to wreck android 16 even easier. confused Well from my perspective, the ability to essentially just push Semi-Perfect Cell down for a few moments =/= the ability to destroy #16 outright. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
You just don't like Chinese, Galan.

Ridley_Prime
Or Japan doesnt.

NotAllThatEvil2
Is tien supposed to be Chinese?

StiltmanFTW

Blakemore
I agree that Tien probably isn't on the level of Krillin or Master Roshi in DBS, but he definitely had to have became a lot stronger over the years regardless, because he spent all that time constantly training.

And even during the Cell arc, Tien's Tri-Beam was able to own Semi-Cell until he burned out. And Semi-Cell is obviously far beyond android 16. All triclops did was turn triangles into squares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.