Black Adam vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
who wins

current merged sentry

carver9
Sentry destroys him.

MrMind
black adam destroys him

tkitna
Sentry destroys him

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry destroys him. Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry destroys him

abhilegend
Adam beats the shit out of the gibberish idiot.

lawest9
Black Adam destroys him.

Classic NES
Adam.

carver9
Originally posted by Classic NES
Adam gets ripped in half.

I agree.

Classic NES
I agree.

Things that will never happen for 200, Alex. laughing

deft
Originally posted by lawest9
Hulk destroys them.

Glorificus
Sentry.

MrMind
sentry gets ripped in pieces

agreed

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Black Adam is skilled enough to combat Batman in h2h, and is faster than Hercules who easily turned the tables on Sentry. He wins.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Black Adam is skilled enough to combat Batman in h2h, and is faster than Hercules who easily turned the tables on Sentry. He wins.

I see what you did there.

Stoic
Black Adam is skilled enough to combat Batman in h2h, and is faster than Hercules who easily turned the tables on Sentry. He wins. .

The Sentry isn't Count Nefaria though. He isn't even real, so how would Adam keep him down? Not even death can stop him if Bob doesn't want it to.

DarkSaint85
He can defeat him the same way Hercules did. Which, as you say, Herc can replicate in a forum fight.

DarkSaint85
Or does skill no longer apply?

Smurph
Black Adam is skilled enough to combat Batman in h2h, and is faster than Hercules who easily turned the tables on Sentry. He wins. "combat"

skilled enough to beat* Batman in h2h

tkitna

Sentry fought Wolverine and Wolverine couldnt land a single hit. Is there that much difference in skill there?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry fought Wolverine and Wolverine couldnt land a single hit. Is there that much difference in skill there?

Context here is that Stoic is sure that Hercules would be able to replicate his one shot win over Sentry in a forum fight.

So let's see how Sentry would do against a guy who fights (ok beats, phuck you Smurph) Batman in h2h when depowered, but now has superspeed and strength etc.

Stoic is mysteriously absent. Seems he may be a hypocrite.

Smurph
happy

Delta1938

So let's see how Sentry would do against a guy who fights (ok beats, phuck you Smurph) Batman in h2h when depowered, .

I feel like you died a little inside writing that.

DarkSaint85
I'm doxxing the writer and soon it will be non-canon thumb up

tkitna
Context here is that Stoic is sure that Hercules would be able to replicate his one shot win over Sentry in a forum fight.

The context behind that was it was comedy relief. Anybody with any sense knows thats not how its going to go down if both characters were serious.

StiltmanFTW
Stoic is mysteriously absent. Seems he may be a Homo Erectus Africanus.

thumb up

Delta1938
To make DarkSaint madder than he was at Smurph

MmRjXaxV_PE

Pffft Adam beating Bats isn't so impressive now is it?

DarkSaint85
The context behind that was it was comedy relief. Anybody with any sense knows thats not how its going to go down if both characters were serious.

You mean these were all comedic?????

https://i.postimg.cc/3k3hStJj/1.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7ymVMms/2.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/mPVs07tv/3.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Don't forget about Civil War, DS.

tkitna
You mean these were all comedic?????

https://i.postimg.cc/3k3hStJj/1.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7ymVMms/2.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/mPVs07tv/3.jpg

You dont? Sentry wasnt serious there. He was trying to talk Hercules off the ledge. When shit is about ready to hit the fan, the Avengers and earths heros arent calling on Hercules to save them, they call the Sentry.

DarkSaint85
.... sarcasm doesn't translate well, huh?

DarkSaint85
Sentry is a mere 2 according to Marvel handbooks. Black Adam would fold this Fabio lookalike in half.

But then, Stoic wouldn't give Black Adam the victory here. I wonder if we replaced him with Majestic, or Superman, or someone less......dusky, than Black Teth, would his opinion change.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't forget about Civil War, DS.

I see that you've found your team. Must've had something to do with skin color.

Delta1938
Sentry is a mere 2 according to Marvel handbooks. Black Adam would fold this Fabio lookalike in half.

But then, Stoic wouldn't give Black Adam the victory here. I wonder if we replaced him with Majestic, or Superman, or someone less......dusky, than Black Teth, would his opinion change.

Just to prove the Handbooks say it.

https://bit.ly/3NSYH3u

So based on Stoic's stance Sentry is a worse fighter than the neophyte Count Nefaria.

ODG
Ima move past what appears to be ulterior motives behind this thread.

I consider merged Sentry to be at least on the same level as the Void.

But after being half the equation of halting Exitar's descent, he hasn't done much beyond cameos in a half-hearted Annihilation cashgrab sequel and getting ripped apart by Knull.

But if you put Black Adam in each of those three situations, I doubt Black Adam fares any better. Frankly, Black Adam gets torn apart by the Void, let alone merged Sentry.

MrMind
tearing ares apart is nothing to be proud of, not everybody is as much of a failure as ares, well maybe thor...

Stoic

DarkSaint85

Delta1938

MrMind
plus

ds sentry is an amped version of sentry that's not applicable to this thread

herpity derp derp

DarkSaint85
Oh yeah.

Current Merged Sentry was choked out by Okoye. Imagine BA-level strength.

qwertyuiop1998
Oh yeah.

Current Merged Sentry was choked out by Okoye. Imagine BA-level strength.

Imagine this level of strength choking out Sentry thumb up

Surprised no one posted this...

https://ibb.co/1fm7VHn

Smurph
Originally posted by ODG
Ima move past what appears to be ulterior motives behind this thread.

I consider merged Sentry to be at least on the same level as the Void.

But after being half the equation of halting Exitar's descent, he hasn't done much beyond cameos in a half-hearted Annihilation cashgrab sequel and getting ripped apart by Knull.

But if you put Black Adam in each of those three situations, I doubt Black Adam fares any better. Frankly, Black Adam gets torn apart by the Void, let alone merged Sentry. But the question isn't whether Black Adam could replicate the Exitar feat or avoid the Carnage rip. The question is whether Black Adam could beat Sentry.

Why does skill not make all the difference here?

ODG
^ Because Black Adam's skill didn't help him against Ultraman. And merged Sentry is far more powerful than Ultraman.

MrMind
Originally posted by ODG
merged Sentry is far more powerful than Ultraman.

based on?

ODG
^ Comics?

MrMind
explain

ODG
Comics is a medium used to express ideas with images, often combined with text or other visual information. It typically takes the form of a sequence of panels of images. Textual devices such as speech balloons, captions, and onomatopoeia can indicate dialogue, narration, sound effects, or other information. There is no consensus amongst theorists and historians on a definition of comics; some emphasize the combination of images and text, some sequentiality or other image relations, and others historical aspects such as mass reproduction or the use of recurring characters. Cartooning and other forms of illustration are the most common image-making means in comics; fumetti is a form that uses photographic images. Common forms include comic strips, editorial and gag cartoons, and comic books. Since the late 20th century, bound volumes such as graphic novels, comic albums, and tankōbon have become increasingly common, while online webcomics have proliferated in the 21st century.

MrMind
so that's why sentry beat black adam?

ODG
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/obvious_sherlock_holmes.gif

MrMind
well if anybody wanna prove why sentry is more powerful
please welcome to do so

abhilegend
Black Adam oneshot koed Pariah with his Shazam bolt. No version of Sentry/Void is that powerful.

Sentry gets vaporized.

abhilegend

Diesldude

Diesldude
Originally posted by ODG
Comics is a medium used to express ideas with images, often combined with text or other visual information. It typically takes the form of a sequence of panels of images. Textual devices such as speech balloons, captions, and onomatopoeia can indicate dialogue, narration, sound effects, or other information. There is no consensus amongst theorists and historians on a definition of comics; some emphasize the combination of images and text, some sequentiality or other image relations, and others historical aspects such as mass reproduction or the use of recurring characters. Cartooning and other forms of illustration are the most common image-making means in comics; fumetti is a form that uses photographic images. Common forms include comic strips, editorial and gag cartoons, and comic books. Since the late 20th century, bound volumes such as graphic novels, comic albums, and tankōbon have become increasingly common, while online webcomics have proliferated in the 21st century.

laughing out loud I earnestly thought you typed this up and then I saw the wiki page.

Diesldude
Originally posted by MrMind
so that's why sentry beat black adam?
laughing out loud this was as good a comeback. thumb up

Diesldude
Originally posted by ODG
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/obvious_sherlock_holmes.gif and this is why I love coming back here. Lol.

Good shit both of you. Proof that We can have a some fun at each others expense without resorting to derogatory personal attacks.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Imagine this level of strength choking out Sentry thumb up

Lmao Nekron bleeding. This event has been amazing.

tkitna
well if anybody wanna prove why sentry is more powerful
please welcome to do so

Honestly, Sentry is just way more versatile. If he brings his A game, BA would have to deal with matter manipulation, telepathy, teleportation, etc. I believe its just to much for Adam to overcome.

Thats my belief and i'm sticking to it.

abhilegend
Honestly, Sentry is just way more versatile. If he brings his A game, BA would have to deal with matter manipulation, telepathy, teleportation, etc. I believe its just to much for Adam to overcome.

Thats my belief and i'm sticking to it.
Or Adam kills him straight up

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
Or Adam kills him straight up

Or vice versa more likely

MrMind
the likes of martian manhunter is versatile like that too, how far did they get

abhilegend
Or vice versa more likely
Unlikely

Sin I AM
I wonder what that means about his fights with Billy.

tkitna
the likes of martian manhunter is versatile like that too, how far did they get

Are you talking about that silly, over bloated, joke of a story WW3? You dont feel the writer didnt take some liberties with that story line? The Sentry was supposedly taken out by Wolverine, Hulkling, and Namor in Civil War too. More comics than not have shown that to be very, very inaccurate so are we supposed to take that one example as gospel? We all know better.

DarkSaint85
Black Adam is far far faster than Hercules. He is also far more skilled than Hercules.

He stomps Sentry hard.

Stoic

Delta1938
Hercules who is slower and less skilled than Adam had used skill against Sentry effectively.

DarkSaint85

Stoic

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Its specifically the Merged Sentry we saw fighting Okoye and Fat Cobra.

ODG
Black Adam is far far faster than Hercules. He is also far more skilled than Hercules.

He stomps Sentry hard. Hercules has nothing to do with this matchup.

ODG
Its specifically the Merged Sentry we saw fighting Okoye and Fat Cobra. Are you suggesting that since his merger during his own mini, that all the showings of Sentry afterwards in Doctor Strange, Annihilation: Scourge and King in Black don't matter?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
Hercules has nothing to do with this matchup.
I am asking Stoic, as in the Hercules thread he asserts that Herc's showings against Sentry are legit and can be replicated in a forum fight.

If Herc can do it, why not BA?
Originally posted by ODG
Are you suggesting that since his merger during his own mini, that all the showings of Sentry afterwards in Doctor Strange, Annihilation: Scourge and King in Black don't matter?

I am suggesting that his showings against skilled opponents are few and far between. The KiB showing had a different costume, no?

tkitna

He stomps Sentry hard.

Lol, Sentry is far far faster than Hercules too. Whats your point? You seem to be all in on the comedy relief aspect of that Hercules and Sentry encounter. So much so that no other feats seem to matter.

DarkSaint85
Lol, Sentry is far far faster than Hercules too. Whats your point? You seem to be all in on the comedy relief aspect of that Hercules and Sentry encounter. So much so that no other feats seem to matter.

Context matters.

The context is that Stoic is adamant (still) that Hercules' showings against Sentry are perfectly valid and usable in a forum setting.

I agree 10,000% with you, tkitna. HOWEVER, I am calling out Stoic's hypocrisy.

tkitna
Context matters.

The context is that Stoic is adamant (still) that Hercules' showings against Sentry are perfectly valid and usable in a forum setting.

I agree 10,000% with you, tkitna. HOWEVER, I am calling out Stoic's hypocrisy.

Gotcha. My bad.

ODG
I am suggesting that his showings against skilled opponents are few and far between. The KiB showing had a different costume, no? What does Black Adam's skill matter against a far more powerful opponent like Merged Sentry? Black Adam's skill proved worthless against Ultraman.

True. If you were to scrutinize Sentry's appearance during King in Black, you could make the argument that was a Voidless Sentry and, therefore, less powerful than Merged Sentry.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
What does Black Adam's skill matter against a far more powerful opponent like Merged Sentry? Black Adam's skill proved worthless against Ultraman.

True. If you were to scrutinize Sentry's appearance during King in Black, you could make the argument that was a Voidless Sentry and, therefore, less powerful than Merged Sentry.

Context is that Stoic is adamant Hercules' performance in a comic against Sentry is valid on a forum.

I bring the skill up as Far Cobra and Okoye were still able to affect Merged Sentry, using their skills.

Stoic

Stoic

carthage
Bane begs the United Nations to stop this fight and then gets blown to smithereens

ODG
Context is that Stoic is adamant Hercules' performance in a comic against Sentry is valid on a forum.

I bring the skill up as Far Cobra and Okoye were still able to affect Merged Sentry, using their skills. Fat Cobra used his chi-manipulating skills to help exorcise the Void. Okoye didn't do sh1t until after Thor attacked Merged Sentry, and all she did was use her vibranium spear to chokehold him for a split second before Fat Cobra did his work. That's as disingenuous as acting like Captain America toppled Ultron because he threw his shield at him once during a fight.

Let's not pretend that Okoye and the rest of the Agents of Wakanda were even able to approach Merged Sentry until Thor sneak attacked him with several Mjolnir shots. That's not speculation, it was explicitly said in the comic itself.

DarkSaint85
And Herc's showing is valid, I suppose.

Enzeru
"Current merged Sentry"

Any version of the Sentry punches a hole through Black Adams chest. Even the World War Hulk Sentry. Merged Sentry would fold Black Adam into a pretzel.

MrMind
The guy who struggles with she hulk is getting one shotted by black Adam

Enzeru is always wrong, so opposite of what he's saying is truth

abhilegend
Originally posted by Enzeru
"Current merged Sentry"

Any version of the Sentry punches a hole through Black Adams chest. Even the World War Hulk Sentry. Merged Sentry would fold Black Adam into a pretzel.
In his dreams, may be

Booya_69
Black adam relives the ultraman treatment

StiltmanFTW
Black Adam shines only when fighting the z-listers from JSA.

MrMind
Jsa is what x men wishes they can be when they grow up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Booya_69
Black adam relives the ultraman treatment
Surfer isn't remotely as strong as Ultraman.

StiltmanFTW
Jsa is what x men wishes they can be when they grow up

No, JSA is Alpha Flight.

MrMind
Originally posted by ODG
What does Black Adam's skill matter against a far more powerful opponent like Merged Sentry? Black Adam's skill proved worthless against Ultraman.

you keep saying far more powerful, yet you are not providing any proofs

Originally posted by Enzeru
"Current merged Sentry"

and which one would that be? the one get owned by wendigo hulk? the one get owned by jim hammond, or the one get owned by helicarrier twice? or the one get owned by she-hulk? or the one get owned by hercules? the one got owned by okoye? the one got owned by fat cobra?

you gotta be more specific my guy

carver9
Sentry stomps.

MrMind
BA stomps

Booya_69
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer isn't remotely as strong as Ultraman.

Your hate for surfer knows no bounds.

abhilegend
Your hate for surfer knows no bounds.
laughing out loud

Surfer fans are delusional.

Old Man Whirly!
Your hate for surfer knows no bounds. Whose sock are you?

MrMind
he's not anyone's sock, he's a marvel fanboy that's been here for a couple years already

whirley, not everyone has been here for more than 15 years

StiltmanFTW
Two years, you mean. Equivalent of two days on this forum, doesn't prove anything.

You would be surprised how many socks there are. Even carver9 is not carver's OG account.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Two years, you mean. Equivalent of two days on this forum, doesn't prove anything.

You would be surprised how many socks there are. Even carver9 is not carver's OG account.

ODG account, you mean.

StiltmanFTW
laughcry

MrMind
darksaint i think you have a sock on comicvine

DarkSaint85
Lol what's it saying

MrMind
Lol what's it saying

im pretty sure it was alberto's doing couldn't find it right now at work

DarkSaint85
Lol yeah he was obsessed with me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.

Booya_69
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Whose sock are you?

Sock? No dirty laundry here, old man.

Old Man Whirly!
he's not anyone's sock, he's a marvel fanboy that's been here for a couple years already

whirley, not everyone has been here for more than 15 years 600-700 posts in 2 years is very low for a "new"active poster MM.Originally posted by Booya_69
Sock? No dirty laundry here, old man. wink thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
600-700 posts in 2 years is very low for a "new"active poster MM. wink thumb up

there's no traffic in cb vs forum but i see your point

Lol yeah he was obsessed with me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.

don't you miss him?

DarkSaint85
No not really, I honestly don't think about him.

Stoic

ODG
^ Well.. by the storyline then Sentry is definitely dead. But he was dead when he was imbued with a Deathseed also. He keeps coming back.

ODG
The Sentry fight was not as exciting as I thought it would be. Seems they just rushed Dr. Strange's return.

MrMind
bump, still black adam

if you search dictionary for the word overrated there will be a picture of fabio with enzeru drooling over him in the background

also im still waiting for scans to prove sentry (the guy who struggled with helicarrier) being much more powerful than ultraman (who lifted book of infinity, drew blood from anti monitor, pushed the moon in superspeed) like odg claimed.

ODG
^ Well, I mean... the easiest way I can think of to confront your challenge is to confirm whether you think merged Sentry should have Void's feats.

So, do you?

MrMind
cough...okoye...cough
cough...fat cobra...cough

i wonder how void taste, bet it taste like Popeye chicken

carver9
Sentry

MrMind
BA beats the crap out of Sentry, my juicy lips flap in the wind

thumb up

carver9
🤣🤣

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.