Hulks new feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Is it better than Kurse boulder throw?
Is it better than Nam-Eks locomotive throw?

The feat

playa1258
Nice feat. I really hope the rumored WWHulk film actually happens.

riv6672
Since the invention of the throw there have been five throws that were rated the most incredible, the most far.
This one left them all behind. thumb up thumb up thumb up

FrothByte
Oh yeah, far better than Kurse's or Namek's throw.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by playa1258
Nice feat. I really hope the rumored WWHulk film actually happens.

Kind of impossible to have a proper WWH film after Taika went full Waititi with Sakaar stick out tongue

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Kind of impossible to have a proper WWH film after Taika went full Waititi with Sakaar stick out tongue

Taika needs to stay away from further MCU movies. He's a one-hit wonder.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Oh yeah, far better than Kurse's or Namek's throw.

It's kind of funny though. So many people (mostly insecure man-children) were crying about Jen showing up Bruce when they were tossing the smaller boulders, ignoring the fact that it was only a snippet and that Bruce literally just flicked his wrist whereas Jen actually used a lot more of her body with her throw. And now those people are very quiet after this clip got released.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's kind of funny though. So many people (mostly insecure man-children) were crying about Jen showing up Bruce when they were tossing the smaller boulders, ignoring the fact that it was only a snippet and that Bruce literally just flicked his wrist whereas Jen actually used a lot more of her body with her throw. And now those people are very quiet after this clip got released.

To be fair, people can only judge what they can see. The first trailer showed She-Hulk pretty much outdoing Hulk in every activity with zero training and experience. So I think it's reasonable that people were worried about her being another Mary Sue.

But now that we've seen more context with the recent trailer, the reasonable thing to do is for people to re-evaluate their previous criticisms and just wait for the show.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair, people can only judge what they can see. The first trailer showed She-Hulk pretty much outdoing Hulk in every activity with zero training and experience. So I think it's reasonable that people were worried about her being another Mary Sue.

But now that we've seen more context with the recent trailer, the reasonable thing to do is for people to re-evaluate their previous criticisms and just wait for the show.

Yeah, but that's why I personally always try to wait before judging. If you think of the context of the scene, it would make sense for Bruce to hold back. His initial aim was to teach. Not compete. I think he did the escape velocity throw just to humble her a bit because she was getting cocky.

The balance and flexibility thing does make sense though. Even among regular humans, women tend to be more flexible than men. And, whereas Jen has the proportions of a muscular woman, Bruce has an unnaturally thick torso, limbs etc. So, if you have those two characters, who are both easily strong enough to support their own bodyweight, Jen is always going to have a huge advantage in that kind of contest.

The only thing I am not looking forward to is the future "Hulk throws them into space" arguments some people inevitably are going to use in matches with him. Though I suppose you could technically argue that he could BFR someone who can't fly or teleport back to the battlefield quickly with that feat.

h1a8
Originally posted by HumbleServant

The feat Yup better than both.
Fiction inconsistency at its finest.

ShadowFyre
Why is it inconsistency? This is the newest version of Hulk who has had time to research himself. We have no idea that he is not more powerful than ever.

ShadowFyre
Final Wars Godzilla still beats the shit out of him. Throwing 33k ton kumonga the same way

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Almost that they don't like him showing up Nameks 50 million ton train car feat.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why is it inconsistency? This is the newest version of Hulk who has had time to research himself. We have no idea that he is not more powerful than ever.

This is true. He was immediately crippled in Endgame before he could do anything physical. And, even then, he did still manage to support a significant chunk of the collapsed Avengers HQ despite having one useless arm. That feat from the trailer is literally the first one we've got from a fully fit current Hulk.

Darth Thor
^ Oh I just realised his arm is completely healed in this! Forgot about that. Russos claimed it was permanent damage, but thankfully Marvel have retconned that.

Hopefully they explain it away with Hulk's (never before confirmed) healing ability.

ShadowFyre
I did the math guys. That rock is maybe a couple hundred kilograms using math I learned here in the movie forums.

I mean, that rock Hulk threw didn't even make it out of my phone, and I've watched it 3 times.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Almost that they don't like him showing up Nameks 50 million ton train car feat. It's more the kurse feat. Kurse is supposed to be significantly stronger than Thor by plot. Hulk is supposed to be a close peer if not a little bit stronger.

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
It's more the kurse feat. Kurse is supposed to be significantly stronger than Thor by plot. Hulk is supposed to be a close peer if not a little bit stronger.

I think it's pretty clear that the MCU has gotten a lot more inconsistent in Phase 4. In fact they started becoming pretty inconsistent towards the end of Phase 3.

Now they're about as inconsistent with power levels as the DCEU is.

riv6672
^^^And yet still way better, on average.

Psychotron
Hardly, the only have 2 good movies out of 30+.

riv6672
Originally posted by Psychotron
Hardly, the only have 2 good movies out of 30+.
^^^ laughing
A great example of over exaggeration & bias.

I get favoring one company over another, and not liking movies based on personal preference, but you should at least be honest about it, instead of making silly claims that cripple your credibility on this, the most important entertainment related online messageboard community active today. laughing

Darth Thor
Quality is subjective. What's an objective fact is the MCU is by far the biggest movie franchise of all time.

Whereas the DCEU is yet to even make a successful sequel.

But this is off topic.

riv6672

Psychotron
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^ laughing
A great example of over exaggeration & bias.

I get favoring one company over another, and not liking movies based on personal preference, but you should at least be honest about it, instead of making silly claims that cripple your credibility on this, the most important entertainment related online messageboard community active today. laughing

I don't favor either company. DC movies are also trash. That's why I torrent all comic book movies instead of paying for them.

NemeBro
Looks fine. I can't remember Kurse's feat but although lighter than the locomotive Nam-Ek threw most likely Hulk appears to have thrown it quite a bit further so not sure which is better.

Robtard
Originally posted by riv6672
Since the invention of the throw there have been five throws that were rated the most incredible, the most far.
This one left them all behind. thumb up thumb up thumb up

https://c.tenor.com/SC14wFp3uUUAAAAC/captain-america-i-understood-that-reference.gif

Robtard
Originally posted by HumbleServant

The feat

While Hulk's rock is smaller and lighter than either that boulder and train, it's the speed at which he threw it that makes it more impressive, and the distance.

The slowest moving particles that ignite in our atmosphere travel at 12km per second or 2,6843 mph: Explainer: why meteors light up the night sky

Now people will say, "but we can see the boulder traveling and it's not that fast!" and they're correct. But the scene is the scene, it's conflicting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.