World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
RUMOR...RUMOR.. RUMOR.. THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR RIGHT NOW.

Allegedly there is going to be a WWH movie in the future.

WWH is one of my fave Hulk stories..

jaden_2.0
8rq8zwNsiSY

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
RUMOR...RUMOR.. RUMOR.. THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR RIGHT NOW.. Allegedly there is going to be a WWH series. WWH is one of y fave Hulk stories..

The rumor isn't a WWH show, it's a MCU WWH movie, as Disney could get the rights to do a solo Hulk movie from Universal sometime in 2023.

Not sure a MCU WWH movie would work, they've already used Hulk being a gladiator on an alien planet for Thor: Ragnarok. Doing it again would seem odd and stupid.

I'd like a direct sequel to Hulk (2008), they could do a lot without stepping on set lore as we don't see the Hulk again until Avengers (2012). They could even potentially bring in Tony/Iron Man for a cameo.

But I suspect they'd want a film set in the current MCU timeline.

Impediment
Ragnarok destroyed and wasted Planet Hulk.

We deserved to see Savage Hulk in Endgame but got Professor Nerf.

World War Hulk is the perfect movie for Mark Ruffalo to retire his role on a bad ass note. Fantastic story with rich cast of characters.

Robtard
How would they segue into WWH, considering they've already used the Planet Hulk story line somewhat and Hulk's already back on Earth?

Any WWH story line we'd get would be as butchered as Ragnarok was to Planet Hulk. Which mind you, I think Ragnarok is one of the best MCU films, but I'd be WWH light.

HumbleServant
Do you guys think Hulk will ever surpass Thanos in strength?

Robtard
If the MCU decides to use Hulk's comic staple of "madder = stronger", sure. But we've not really seen that since The Incredible Hulk (2008).

eg When Hulk was crazy insane frothing mouth buttmad in Avengers: AoE due to having his emotions played with by Wanda, he should have been strong enough to obliterate even the Hulk Buster armor, instead he got KO'd with a punch.

playa1258
Beyond tired of Hulk being used as a punching bag.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
If the MCU decides to use Hulk's comic staple of "madder = stronger", sure. But we've not really seen that since The Incredible Hulk (2008).

eg When Hulk was crazy insane frothing mouth buttmad in Avengers: AoE due to having his emotions played with by Wanda, he should have been strong enough to obliterate even the Hulk Buster armor, instead he got KO'd with a punch.

MCU HulkBuster was capable of self-reforming, unlike its comic counterpart.

And yes, he got KO'd, but only with a sucker punch when the mind-control faded away.

Robtard
Dude, even with the quick-shop repair, a Hulk of that extreme rage, which bordered on nigh mindless rage, should have curb stomped any IM armor Tony had at that point.

Even baseline Hulk shouldn't have been KO'd by an IM sucker punch. Thanos had to exert more effort in KOing Hulk and Thanos is WAY stronger.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos did that in an actual fight.

Tony landed a sucker punch after breaking Hulk's mind-control, which had him all confused and wide open.

9,999,999,999 similar examples in comics.

Besides, it was Veronica's first appearance and it was created by both Stark and Banner. It did its job, as it was supposed to.

Robtard
That rage level of Hulk should have ended the fight long before.

Come on, man. It was a fun and cool fight, but Hulk was a jobber there.

StiltmanFTW
Mind-control is infamous for impeding the performance in the whole superhero genre.

Not to mention that Tony one-shotted Hulk without HB in comics smile

Iron Man #132.

Robtard
The mind spell wasn't impeding Hulk's performance, it was making Hulk more buttmad than we've ever seen him in the MCU and madder = stronger/tougher

You're being a Hulkbag here stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Yes, but mind-control is also known for making its victims sloppy and ineffective. Over 80 years of that shit in both Marvel and DC. 22 years of KMC threads analyzing every panel and caption box, too laughing out loud It's always the same.

The rage boost can't compensate for everything.

Characters tend to fight against the mind-control, too... consciously or not. Even more complicated with Hulk, who has Banner limiting his destructive potential already.

BruceSkywalker
ALL I WANT is for one of my fave comic book stories is to give me what I want

StiltmanFTW
Impossible to have a proper WWH without Planet Hulk... which essential elements were stolen and massacred by Taika.

Robtard
That we agree on, we'll get a re-imagined story with WWH elements tossed in. Which could still be good, but it won't be very faithful to the source material.

StiltmanFTW
Will we?

As Bruce said, it's just a rumour.

There were similar rumours of Immortal Hulk and/or Hulk vs. Wolverine some years back.

Still nothing.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Movie acting as a bridge between TIH and Avengers 1 would be great, yes.

Just too bad William Hurt is no longer with us.

Robtard
General Ross could be recast.

Shit, they even have a main villain with The Leader played by Tim Blake ready to go.

Kazenji
They're gonna have to think of something new before the lead up to this, Since they already botched Planet Hulk up.

roughrider
Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are two separate storylines, really. Planet Hulk got used up by Thor: Ragnarok. But the point of WWH is Hulk getting big scale revenge on a bunch of heroes who wronged him. That is something they could weave into the future, possibly. Just like how they successfully reworked Civil War into the MCU.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are two separate storylines, really. Planet Hulk got used up by Thor: Ragnarok. But the point of WWH is Hulk getting big scale revenge on a bunch of heroes who wronged him. That is something they could weave into the future, possibly. Just like how they successfully reworked Civil War into the MCU.

thumb up

jaden_2.0

Hulk escapes from the MCU universe into our universe to hunt down and kill the Russos for gimping him so badly in Infinity War and Endgame

StiltmanFTW

Anything is possible with a good script.

Just not likely to happen.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Hulk escapes from the MCU universe into our universe to hunt down and kill the Russos for gimping him so badly in Infinity War and Endgame

thumb up thumb up

Robtard

They are, but WWH happened because of the events of PH.

Like I said, we could get a WWH, but it'd likely be what Thor: Ragnarok was to PH. Doesn't mean it will be bad on that merit alone, as I like Ragnarok.

Also can't see heroes wanting to wrong MCU Hulk since Banner has him under control now. Maybe they pull a gangbang on a willing Betty and Banner finds out he still has deep-seated feelings for her and Raaar!, World Breaker Hulk is born and he's fueled by limitless jealous rage.

jaden_2.0
Are you people all mentally retarded? It'll involve the same lazy answer as everything else since the end of the infinity saga.

THE MULTIVERSE

It'll be our universe's gimpohulk finding out that a different Hulk did/is doing all the planet Hulk stuff but he'll be drafted in to stop it. Another excuse to use Krasinski and maybe finally get Iron Cruise.

BruceSkywalker
i also hope a decent actor plays Skaar

rudester
It would be cool. I remember watching it as a teenager. The cartoon that is haha

rudester
Watched She Hulk last night. It was good.

roughrider

Thanos beats Hulk. Just GTFO it.

jaden_2.0
You don't know what GTFO means, do you?

roughrider
You don't know what GTFO means, do you?

Get The F##K Over it.

jaden_2.0
No. It doesn't mate. It really doesn't.

Darth Thor
Thanos beats Hulk. Thor beats Hulk. Ancient One beats Hulk. Iron Man beats Hulk. Scott Lang is stronger than Hulk. And Hulk sits on the bench when the OG Avengers take on Thanos.

So yeah, he was nerfed.

jaden_2.0
And yet if they do WWH we're expected to believe he just beats everyone now because reasons and consistency.

Robtard
Are you people all mentally retarded? It'll involve the same lazy answer as everything else since the end of the infinity saga.

THE MULTIVERSE

It'll be our universe's gimpohulk finding out that a different Hulk did/is doing all the planet Hulk stuff but he'll be drafted in to stop it. Another excuse to use Krasinski and maybe finally get Iron Cruise.

The She-Hulk show teased that Hulk could be going back to Sakaar or having something to do with Sakaar.

BruceSkywalker
Seems Marvel got back the rights to Hulk so a WWH film is now possible

Kazenji
They need to fix up Skaar for the MCU, Needs to look like more like a Conan Hulk hybrid not a metrosexual hulk.

Nemesis X
MCU Skaar made me scream ew when I saw him. Wonder if the director allowed his existence in the show intentionally to get the criticism off She-Hulk and her appearance 'cause I'll tell ya what: mission accomplished.

playa1258
Is this happening? I would love Hulk to beat down Carol lol.

Robtard
Ten bucks MCU WWH is gimped and just gets beat up like Hulk got beat up by Ironman, Thor and Thanos.

playa1258
Hopefully we don't get World War Punching Bag.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.