The greatest potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Out of these characters, who do you think has the highest potential?

1. Frieza
2. Broly
3. Gohan
4. Uub

Ridley_Prime
In before Galan says Uub.

Not really sure who I think has the highest potential ceiling, but curious as to how far Broly and Frieza will go.

Galan007
As of now, I'd say:
1.) Broly
2.) Freeza
3.) Gohan
4.) Oob

Broly has made the largest leap in power in the shortest amount of time, by far. In like 2 hours, he went from being weaker than base Vegeta, to forcing even SSB Gogeta to use his most powerful attack just to drop him... And not only was that the first real fighting/training Broly had ever done, but there was never any indication that he plateaued -- he just kept getting more powerful the entire time(regardless of the 'damage' he took.)

It's hard to say who has more potential between Freeza and Gohan, as they can both make HUGE gains with minimal training. That said, Gohan's major boosts almost exclusively rely on "rage-amp" moments, wherein he becomes super-duper powerful at the time... But then inevitably slacks off again and loses most of the progress he makes.

Freeza, on the other hand, can achieve massive gains by training for relatively short periods of time(as we've seen with his Golden and Black forms), and then just sit on his ass for decades and never weaken.

We've only seen a glimpse of Oob's potential so far, but I fully expect him to get the "most powerful" title one of these days... He ain't there quite yet, though.

Ridley_Prime
The scenes on Beerus planet in Super Hero had Goku and Vegeta go back to calmness, with Vegeta realizing that calmness was part of what made Jiren so strong, though they were just sparring in their normal forms.

Makes me curious how the new Broly will develop as a fighter. They were trying to teach him that lesson of calmness too, but he let a rage moment slip which led to him having to sit out and then watching the mentioned Goku and Vegeta spar.

Being calm is not necessarily having to always fight in normal form. They can still use the powered up super saiyan states, but normal form is the starting point of achieving that fighting calmness, I guess.

NemeBro
Who cares? Watch better anime. thumb down

Ridley_Prime
I do. smile

NotAllThatEvil2

Galan007
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The scenes on Beerus planet in Super Hero had Goku and Vegeta go back to calmness, with Vegeta realizing that calmness was part of what made Jiren so strong, though they were just sparring in their normal forms.

Makes me curious how the new Broly will develop as a fighter. They were trying to teach him that lesson of calmness too, but he let a rage moment slip which led to him having to sit out and then watching the mentioned Goku and Vegeta spar.

Being calm is not necessarily having to always fight in normal form. They can still use the powered up super saiyan states, but normal form is the starting point of achieving that fighting calmness, I guess. Broly also might be like Hulk in a sense... Where he's more powerful unleashed and raging, than he is calm and controlled.

Point him at a target and just let him cut loose.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil2
I don't know if I would call 10 years a relatively short period of time Yeah, a full decade of training is a long time.

But Freeza still went from being a bit above SSB-level, to casually one-shotting Gas+MUI Goku+UE Vegeta. Even though he had a decade to get that powerful, that is still a massive boost.

StiltmanFTW
1. Goku.

2. Vegeta.

3. Everyone else.

Inedian
1.) Uub
2.) Gohan
3.) Broly

4.) Frieza

Ridley_Prime
That's some unusual bias against Frieza, considering recent events. Potential wise he's as gifted as they come compared to most.

NotAllThatEvil2

Galan007
How so?

Freeza went from being weaker than he was during the Namek saga, to SSB-level, with 4 months of mediocre training. When has Goku ever increased his power by that many orders of magnitude in such a short period of time on his own?

But yeah, obviously Broly's growth in the movie absolutely eclipses anything else in the franchise.

Estacado
Uub no doubt.

He has shown massive potentional when he merged with Fat Buu and lost to Baby.

Old Man Whirly!
Goku will always eventually win

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Goku will always eventually win

rsV-Cm5rpw8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.