Phasing Vs Teleporting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Which is better?
Which is better in a fight?

Glorificus
Teleporting has the potential for much day-to-day conveniences, but it's quite a bit more dangerous, if you can't see exactly where you're teleporting to so you don't end up fused with another object at the destination spot.

Phasing... also has the potential to be quite dangerous if you can't control your movement and elevation while phasing, or else you risk sinking into the core of the Earth or floating weightlessly into the atmosphere.

In a fight, assuming you can can control how and where you move while phased, phasing is much better. If you can't, and risk sinking into the ground, or risk floating up into the sky, then teleporting is better.

Target X
Teleport is good for escaping, scouting, instant traveling for convenience. Phasing is better in a fight. It's rather cheap because you'll be untouchable. Teleport is the best.

Sin I AM
Assuming you knew how to fight phasing seems less predictable. Teleporters are always caught bouncing around when their patterns are discovered. Phasing seems more difficult to master though unless the teleporter doesn't have spatial awareness

-Pr-
Practically, I'd choose teleporting for non-fight stuff.

For fighting though, assuming the phasing was fast enough, I'd pick that.

Smurph
Phasing. I'd choose it for everything - RL, battle, etc

Endless Mike
It depends on the various limitations of the powers.

For example, phasing is pretty bad if you can't control it and sink to the core of the Earth whenever you start to use it.

And teleporting is pretty bad if you can't control where you end up and materialize inside a wall or something.

HumbleServant
Thank you guys thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Teleporting should win any fight if you can teleport something inside a person or them somewhere without you going with them. Even if it's just like jumper, it's a far better life than phasing. If it's Warpsmith level you are a god. If it's low level you still become rich as sin easily and are non contaminate. You don't really need patterns if you just pot people in the air and drop them etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.