The Banshees of Inisherin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden_2.0
uRu3zLOJN2c

Martin McDonagh, Director of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri returns with what likely be another bafflingly funny and emotive film with him linking up with Colin Farrel and Brendon Gleeson from In Bruges once more.

Can't wait. All his films are absolute classics.

Robtard
Looks great; something I will see in theaters.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Hm. The trailer didn't do much for me, but I really liked Three Billboards, so we'll see.

jaden_2.0
Saw this tonight. Tbh it's McDonagh's weakest movie so far. It has neither the proper belly laugh moments nor the devastating emotional moments that were in his previous films. It still has some beautiful cinematography and phenomenal performances with Kerry Condon and Barry Keoghan stealing the show even though Farrell and Gleeson are both great themselves.

Can't help but feel disappointed in it though.

Robtard
Damn, been trying to see this but it's not in any local theaters. Now I'm bummed that it's likely not going to be fantastic when I built myself up.

Robtard
Finally got around to watching this, wasn't bad, could even say it was good, but it was dreadfully slow and rather bleak. Agreed with Condon and Keoghan, they were the two highlight characters.

WTF is up with Ireland and no trees?

Patient_Leech
Just watched this.

The dry, dark humor and depressingness was great. I laughed pretty hard several times with the dryly-delivered dialogue. The first confessional scene was absolutely hilarious. Three Billboards... is better, but this is pretty feckin' good, too. Oh, and I absolutely needed subtitles to catch all of the dialogue.. haha. Even then I don't know what they mean by "rowin'". Hmm..

It's a solid 8/10 from me. It scored some extra points for very nice cinematography. And it doesn't even have a nomination for it. Strange.

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch this tomorrow

BruceSkywalker
Finished watching this about a half hour ago. Real nice cinematography. Never knew Barry Keoghan was Irish until now. Pretty good film and I'd recommend,, 7/10

Patient_Leech
What is "rowing"? An Irishism for something?

Jaden_3.0
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
What is "rowing"? An Irishism for something?

Arguing

Patient_Leech
Ah. That makes sense.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/bc201671ada556d8079f00cac0e389dd/1014832be4222910-77/s540x810/01fc5eb80a6377aae3fffcaa0ad61b4788e0f936.gif

Patient_Leech
I watched In Bruges and it was phenomenal. Better than this, I'd say.

Patient_Leech
https://i.gifer.com/EABO.gif

Robtard
Watch 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' next, if you've not already.

That and In Bruges are his two best films, imo.

Jaden_3.0
Don't forget Seven Psychopaths.

Robtard
I need to watch that again, only did it the one time back in 2012.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Watch 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' next, if you've not already.

That and In Bruges are his two best films, imo.

Yeah, I liked Three Billboards a lot, too. The Shape of Water won over it that year. I guess that's a tough call, but those two were definitely the best of the Best Picture nominees that year.

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Don't forget Seven Psychopaths. Originally posted by Robtard
I need to watch that again, only did it the one time back in 2012.

Yeah, I may have to give that another chance, too. I probably wasn't ready for it at the time. I barely remember it.

Jaden_3.0
It's probably the funniest of his movies but doesn't have anything like the emotive parts like the church scene in In Bruges or several scenes in Billboards (the cough scene, the deer scene etc, the letter scene etc)

I remember being the only person in the cinema who burst out laughing at the

"Hey new idea how 'bout we change the title from The Seven Psychopaths to The Seven Lesbians Who Are All Disabled And Have Overcome All Their Spazzy Shit And Are Really Nice to Everybody And Two of Them Are Black. How 'bout that?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.