Light & Magic (Disney+)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
I absolutely love, love, LOVE this documentary miniseries. If you're interested in the history of filmmaking, Star Wars, and how Industrial Light & Magic helped to change the industry and pop culture forever, this is a great watch. I've been reading about these guys in books - John Dykstra, Richard Edlund, Dennis Muren etc. - since the early 1980's, and seeing them interviewed so extensively for this, it's well deserved.

Kazenji
I watched it last month the documentary miniseries, Hell even George Lucas himself got things to change too.

roughrider
I was surprised they could find so much more behind the scenes footage I hadn't seen yet. But that's likely because this is not the history of Star Wars or George Lucas, it's ILM. We get to see how charismatic John Dykstra is, what a renaissance man Richard Edlund is, How Dennis Muren is the father & friend we would all want, and how Ken Ralston, Steven Williams, Rose Duignan and Phil Tippett were such great characters.

If you aspire to something creative, I think you would find this series inspirational.

Patient_Leech
I saw the title and thought "Industrial"?

Cool. May have to check it out. I love behind the scenes stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.