The Weird vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
All out battle

1. In character.
2. CIS off.

Who wins?

abhilegend
Weird already oneshotted him.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
Weird already oneshotted him.

Abhi beat me to it.
Wierd already beat the crap out of MMH casually. His TP wouldn't even work on him (though post resurrection Captain Comet's TP did. To be fair it took 12 clones of pre resurrection Comet to alter a few memories of the Wierd and post resurrection Comet beat them all in TP)

cdtm
MM was jobbing when they fought. He has literally every power Weird used and more, yet did not use them.

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
MM was jobbing when they fought. He has literally every power Weird used and more, yet did not use them.

Really??

Please by all means demonstrate the instances that MMH has shown the ability to manipulate matter? The manipulate any form of energy ? When has MMH EVER been shown ablebto alter the density of other objects (not just himself) How about showing where MMH is an energy based life form who can possess a deceased body (like that of Walter Langley) or simply create a new body for itself to use (like in Mystery in space). Better yet show me when MMH has created a new body for someone else and moved and moving their spirit inside it. That is what the Wierd did for Captain Comet after his classic body was destroyed.

That's at least 2 different powers the Wierd has used that MMH has never been shown to have (2 if you count creating bodies and altering the density of other things part of matter manip and transferring spirit energy manip). Not to mention on a level many others with the same powers have never done.

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
Really??

Please by all means demonstrate the instances that MMH has shown the ability to manipulate matter? The manipulate any form of energy ? When has MMH EVER been shown ablebto alter the density of other objects (not just himself) How about showing where MMH is an energy based life form who can possess a deceased body (like that of Walter Langley) or simply create a new body for itself to use (like in Mystery in space). Better yet show me when MMH has created a new body for someone else and moved and moving their spirit inside it. That is what the Wierd did for Captain Comet after his classic body was destroyed.

That's at least 2 different powers the Wierd has used that MMH has never been shown to have (2 if you count creating bodies and altering the density of other things part of matter manip and transferring spirit energy manip). Not to mention on a level many others with the same powers have never done.

Talking about his first apparence, but johnz has manipulated surrounding matter under Ostrander, and phased Superman into a table under Morrison.

Regardless the Weird that fought Superman and MM was mostly a phase shifting brick. John forgetting he can phase shift too is ridiculous jobbing.

Delta1938

laughing So J'onn jobs every fight he doesn't use all his powers in? The best argument you can make is he wasn't expecting The Weird to be so much stronger than him and a rematch wouldn't go the same now that he knows Weird's strength.....except IIRC he already got a taste of Weird's strength getting shoved and someone (maybe it was J'onn) said in surprise comparing it to Superman.

But on Weird jobbing, are you arguing Guy, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate all jobbed too? Or given this was his first appearance, is it more reasonable Weird was just that powerful?

Talking about his first apparence, but johnz has manipulated surrounding matter under Ostrander, and phased Superman into a table under Morrison.

Regardless the Weird that fought Superman and MM was mostly a phase shifting brick. John forgetting he can phase shift too is ridiculous jobbing.

I don't ever recall him phasing Superman under Morrison. You're probably thinking of Fernus under Waid, and that was explicitly shown to be a different genetic being and it happened off panel so we don't know if he actually did it in a fight or won via telepathy and phased him after. As for manipulating matter under Ostrander, I remember him absorbing Martian soil into himself, but don't think it would work the same way Weird's powers do.

And you act as if J'onn is always phased to avoid getting hit, if that would even be enough against The Weird.

cdtm
Originally posted by Delta1938
laughing So J'onn jobs every fight he doesn't use all his powers in? The best argument you can make is he wasn't expecting The Weird to be so much stronger than him and a rematch wouldn't go the same now that he knows Weird's strength.....except IIRC he already got a taste of Weird's strength getting shoved and someone (maybe it was J'onn) said in surprise comparing it to Superman.

But on Weird jobbing, are you arguing Guy, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate all jobbed too? Or given this was his first appearance, is it more reasonable Weird was just that powerful?

I don't ever recall him phasing Superman under Morrison. You're probably thinking of Fernus under Waid, and that was explicitly shown to be a different genetic being and it happened off panel so we don't know if he actually did it in a fight or won via telepathy and phased him after. As for manipulating matter under Ostrander, I remember him absorbing Martian soil into himself, but don't think it would work the same way Weird's powers do.

And you act as if J'onn is always phased to avoid getting hit, if that would even be enough against The Weird.

Well, Guy, John, and Captain Atom DO tend to job.

Especially Guy. In that era, in the late 80's early 90's JLI era, yeah Guy jobbed all the time.

Put it this way, Superman did better then John because he fought smarter, not because he was stronger. MM fought like a mid tier brick with no versatility imo.

Delta1938
Well, Guy, John, and Captain Atom DO tend to job.

Especially Guy. In that era, in the late 80's early 90's JLI era, yeah Guy jobbed all the time.

Put it this way, Superman did better then John because he fought smarter, not because he was stronger. MM fought like a mid tier brick with no versatility imo.

J'onn got knocked the f uck out in one hit from someone who previously was said to be as strong as Superman over how he treated J'onn with a shove. Superman almost entirely fought hand-to-hand. Your argument is dumb.

And it looks like you're saying they jobbed because you want that to be the case. This was literally the second appearance and first real fight of a character who to my knowledge only appeared in that limited series for 20 years or so. I mean he brat Doctor Fate too, you didn't reply to that nor acknowledge the Justice League being his only fight at the time they all supposedly jobbed.

cdtm
J'onn got knocked the f uck out in one hit from someone who previously was said to be as strong as Superman over how he treated J'onn with a shove. Superman almost entirely fought hand-to-hand. Your argument is dumb.

And it looks like you're saying they jobbed because you want that to be the case. This was literally the second appearance and first real fight of a character who to my knowledge only appeared in that limited series for 20 years or so. I mean he brat Doctor Fate too, you didn't reply to that nor acknowledge the Justice League being his only fight at the time they all supposedly jobbed.

No, call it a job because of each characters power level.

I mean, everyone says Doomsday Wars wasn't jobbing either. Doomsday Brainiac cutting through Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, and f'n ORION like a hot knife through butter is absolutely 100% jobbing. Or when Imperiex Probes did it.

Superman's powerful, but like a half step above Johnz physically at MOST.

Delta1938

I mean, everyone says Doomsday Wars wasn't jobbing either. Doomsday Brainiac cutting through Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, and f'n ORION like a hot knife through butter is absolutely 100% jobbing. Or when Imperiex Probes did it.

laughing

Delta1938

So cdtm, since you have such a high opinion of Martian Manhunter, you want to BZ it after my BZ with carter? Or it's looking like after he backs down from it after accepting it and even making a thread.

Pre-FPASHPOINT obviously since that's what you argued.

We could even make it about just how much stronger Superman is. Though since you claim Superman is barely stronger, you likely think a fight favors you more given J'onn's arsenal outside the Superman style power set.

Delta1938
I guess nah ctdm?

cdtm
I guess nah ctdm?

First off, haven't even checked in on this until now. Surprised to see a challenge, would maybe have taken it for the experience (I'd imagine even Carver could school me, since my memory is shit, never use respect threads because I feel that's plagiarizing, and never did a formal BZ before)

But now? Why? I'm in a hostile environment, you're surrounded by your buddies, there is literally nothing for me to gain by trying except heckling.

Like Saint is doing to H1 right now:

https://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=682092&pagenumber=2

Yeah, seeing Saint outright admit to "having fun with you" makes me want to put myself out there.

Delta1938
First off, haven't even checked in on this until now. Surprised to see a challenge, would maybe have taken it for the experience (I'd imagine even Carver could school me, since my memory is shit, never use respect threads because I feel that's plagiarizing, and never did a formal BZ before)

But now? Why? I'm in a hostile environment, you're surrounded by your buddies, there is literally nothing for me to gain by trying except heckling.

Like Saint is doing to H1 right now:

https://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=682092&pagenumber=2

Yeah, seeing Saint outright admit to "having fun with you" makes me want to put myself out there.

If you don't want to, fine, but you're making the same excuse JLB does when challenged. erm

DarkSaint85
What if cdtm gets to choose the judges?

cdtm
If you don't want to, fine, but you're making the same excuse JLB does when challenged. erm

Yeah, I guess I am. laughing out loud

Truth is, I never saw Smurph and Philo hating on me so hard they want me banned. I mean, being hated for trolling, that I can take. Rando's suddenly loudly telling you're on their shit list when you can't even remember coming at them, that's just confusing.

Like, is everyone here messenger buds and saying "Hey, you see what that cdtm did over in gaming?" Are they getting pissed because I went after a friend?

Did I even do anything to really troll, because like I said my memory is absolutely shit, and I couldn't tell you what I said yesterday, let alone five months ago.

....I'll think it over though. You seem like you're being sincere, and not just setting me up..

Delta1938
Yeah, I guess I am. laughing out loud

Truth is, I never saw Smurph and Philo hating on me so hard they want me banned. I mean, being hated for trolling, that I can take. Rando's suddenly loudly telling you're on their shit list when you can't even remember coming at them, that's just confusing.

Like, is everyone here messenger buds and saying "Hey, you see what that cdtm did over in gaming?" Are they getting pissed because I went after a friend?

Did I even do anything to really troll, because like I said my memory is absolutely shit, and I couldn't tell you what I said yesterday, let alone five months ago.

....I'll think it over though. You seem like you're being sincere, and not just setting me up..

I even messaged you, saying no biggie if you didn't want to, I just wanted confirmation if you don't want to. But you didn't open it(why I bumped this thread). My reaction is to your reason for declining, because we have to agree on the judges.

And I wouldn't know if you did something to deserve your treatment or not. I just recently came back because carter had agreed to the BZ and wanted proof of what I messaged him, and I don't check other forums, so I wouldn't see what you say there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.