Hellraiser (2022 Hulu)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I certainly won't get my hopes up because I found most of the sequels to be pretty mediocre at best (I think I quit at like number 5 or 6, I don't even remember)..

I think this comes out pretty soon, though. Oct 7.

oUlgwJNdu2I

Robtard
I'm going to watch it, as I remember loving the first one as young teen. I know I watched the second and maybe the third, but don't recall what happened.

The actress is getting hate because she's trans and god damn it, Pinhead was a man in the films! Silly people.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm going to watch it, as I remember loving the first one as young teen. I know I watched the second and maybe the third, but don't recall what happened.

The actress is getting hate because she's trans and god damn it, Pinhead was a man in the films! Silly people.

Why shouldn't Pinhead be able to switch genders? That would be cool. I hope (s)he does it in the film. It'll make everyone lose their minds. (Switch in The Matrix was supposed to be a different gender when jacked into the Matrix, but it was nixed by the studio).

Robtard
In the book The Hellbound Heart, Pinhead (who has no name) is androgynous with a girly voice.

So the dudebros had no problem when a man played the role, but now they have a problem with a transwoman playing an androgenous hell spawn being.

Didn't know that about the Matrix.

BruceSkywalker
gonna watch.. i enjoyed the original first 2 films, then it went to shit like the morons and imbeciles of kmc.

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
While a female Pinhead kinda caught me off guard at first (not in a "I'm mad" way but just a "Oh, okay. So that's what they're doing" kind of way), my main concern actually is whether this will be mostly a CG fest like pretty much any other horror reboot I can think of. The original two Hellraiser films had those unique horrific set pieces. My memory of the films after are pretty much nonexistent, but most were made before the CG era.

I'm gonna go out on a limb though and guess it will be CG and thus won't be as disturbing, missing the point of Hellraiser. That gross as hell moment when Frank regenerates? Reverse photography of melting wax? You need that stuff to be as realistic as possible to make it uncomfortable.

Kazenji
Wasn't a big fan of the original movie, I liked the 2nd movie alot more and even enjoyed the 3rd movie which is considered a black sheep

as for this remake i'll be checking it out.

Impediment

steverules_2
For me Doug Bradley was the best Pin head.

Ridley_Prime
Oh, did anyone know that Henry Cavill was in one of the bad Hellraiser sequels as a young victim? If WB was behind that franchise, could've had Superman vs Pinhead: Dawn of Justice.

rudester
After one it kinda went off track. To much weird unrealistic storytelling. I liked the fictional history behind the maker but it just got cartoonish towards the sequels. Was it a space movie? Or was it a hell scenario? Reminds me of Highlander and the quickening---highlander in space. Just ridiculous!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh, did anyone know that Henry Cavill was in one of the bad Hellraiser sequels as a young victim? If WB was behind that franchise, could've had Superman vs Pinhead: Dawn of Justice.

I probably did notice, but forgot because the movie was so forgettable.

Old Man Whirly!
Clive Barker has written far better stories than the Hellbound heart. Weaveworld and Galilee really deserve films.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Clive Barker has written far better stories than the Hellbound heart. Weaveworld and Galilee really deserve films.

Gotta have those 'member berries for an audience, though.

Bashar Teg
I'll check it out. last hellraiser i saw was hellraiser 3 when it came out. it was an abortion and i haven't seen any of the subsequent films. loved the first 2 though

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Gotta have those 'member berries for an audience, though. Weaveworld is almost Stand Level well known and probably, the best stand alone dark fantasy book besides the Stand.

Old Man Whirly!
ColdHeart Canyon should be a movie.

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Robtard
...The actress is trans...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SoupyCarelessKagu-max-1mb.gif

Ridley_Prime
Considering we had this as a Pinhead in one of the bad sequels, I dont feel questioning about the reboot one.

Patient_Leech
Considering we had this as a Pinhead in one of the bad sequels, I dont feel questioning about the reboot one.

Lmao... Jesus Christ, which one was that from? I must have quit before getting to that. laughing out loud

Kazenji

Yeah...after all the shit sequel's this movie franchise has had. it was time for a reboot.

steverules_2
As bad as the sequels were we still got one of the best pinhead lines in Bloodline.

https://i.postimg.cc/L6sFDn0B/F7-A39-A3-F-B194-42-DA-85-FF-60235-CAD8-A7-C.gif

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
As bad as the sequels were we still got one of the best pinhead lines in Bloodline.

https://i.postimg.cc/L6sFDn0B/F7-A39-A3-F-B194-42-DA-85-FF-60235-CAD8-A7-C.gif

Awesome. Yeah, that's a great line.

Do we ever meet "God" or angels of some sort in the books (or the sequels that I didn't watch)?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Awesome. Yeah, that's a great line.

Do we ever meet "God" or angels of some sort in the books (or the sequels that I didn't watch)?

Yes and no. Hellraiser: Judgement there is an angel character, God is mentioned and punishes pinhead when he kills an angel.

Arachnid1
Yes and no. Hellraiser: Judgement there is an angel character, God is mentioned and punishes pinhead when he kills an angel. Meh. Introducing all that to Cenobites lore kind of ignores the point of them. They aren't action demons, and don't tie into any religion.

Anyway, STUPID hyped for this. Hellraiser has been my favorite horror movie franchise for most of my life. I hope they pull this off.

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Yes and no. Hellraiser: Judgement there is an angel character, God is mentioned and punishes pinhead when he kills an angel.

That sounds kind of cool.

I checked and remembered that I stopped after 6. Hellseeker? I think is the name.

Are the ones after that worth checking out?

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Well you're not selling them very well, lol.

Did you skip Hellworld (2005)? How about that one? Still awful?

steverules_2

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Yeah, sorry I didn't mean did you not watch it. I meant you didn't mention it.

Fair enough. The images from it on IMDB don't look too bad.

Is Revelations bad enough to watch with my friends for bad movie night? Is that the one with the Pinhead picture that Ridley_Prime posted??

https://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=17595327

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Thanks. Good to know. Will add it to the bad movie night list.

Yeah, 1 is great. It holds up surprisingly well. I also like 2. After that it's pretty much all a blur of mediocre to crap.. heh. I quit after 6. But yeah, I can see how the first few are guilty pleasures.

Let's hope this new one is a proper horror fantasy.

Patient_Leech
First reactions to this seem positive...

https://collider.com/hellraiser-reactions-reviews-is-it-good-hulu/

Patient_Leech
Oh, shit. I just realized the person playing Pinhead is one of the actors from Sense8. That's awesome...

IMDb bio for Jamie Clayton
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3911870/

Patient_Leech
I probably never would have recognized her...

https://media-prod.fangoria.com/images/FANGORIA_OCT22-Issue17-COVER-newsstand-FINAL-n.width-800.jpg

https://s31242.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Hellraiser.jpg

carthage
This was way better than all of the previous films imo

Galan007
Originally posted by carthage
This was way better than all of the previous films imo I agree. This was great. thumb up

Patient_Leech
I'm looking forward to seeing this when I get the chance.

BruceSkywalker
just got done watching

this is TOTAL AND EFFING DOGSHIT

NOT ENOUGH PINHEAD AND NOT ENOUGH VIOLENCE

Bad and horrid acting

this is a 1/10

Robtard
I didn't care for it either.

Patient_Leech
Hm... so 2 thumb up thumb up and 2 thumb down thumb down

I haven't had a chance to see it yet...

Impediment

Arachnid1
It was just alright. It skimped out on ALL the kills. Literally didn't get to watch anyone get killed off other than the dude in the intro who was blurred out. It broke a lot of lore rules too. It's stupid if you can just stab some innocent rando like her brother have them get taken. The entire point of the cenos is that you sought them out. It's the desire that calls them to you. Not whoever opens the box (so you cant trick someone into opening it for you like what happened in the movie a thousand times), and sure as hell not whoever gets cut by it.

Also, they got reduced to slashers. That ceno that chased them inside the house was retarded. These guys are flat out reality benders. Why would you need to chase your kill when you can just snag them with a hook chain or something? If a ceno is in front of you, you're already dead unless you can think your way out of it somehow.

The only plus was the rich dude. Most interesting character in the movie for sure. Cool motive (if not original; literally same motive as Frank in the first movie), fantastic resolution. New Pinhead wasn't bad. She wasn't as good as the old, but still pretty good.

Good news is it was better than every other HR movie other than the first two. Not hard to do, but still a massive step in the right direction. Lets hope the sequel takes it to the next level.

Bashar Teg
i think only pinhead was able to summon the chains. haven't seen this one yet, but not liking what I'm hearing so far. I'm only assured that it's at least better than an abortion

DeadpoolXXX
i liked this. easily the best hellraiser movie since the first two. definitely worth a watch if you're a fan of the series

Patient_Leech
Sadly I found this ultimately to be another mediocre Hellraiser movie.

Even besides the mediocrity, it just committed cinema sins, like the first 45 min being unnecessarily long with too many characters, bad/confusing editing, poor establishment of lore rules, etc.

Disappointing. 6/10 is my generous rating.

Patient_Leech
If this movie had had any balls it would have done some really juicy and delicious blasphemy. Something more interesting.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/hellraiser-3-788x443.png

I will say that I did at least like when Pinhead pulled out one of her pins and stuck it through her neck. thumb up

Kazenji
^ I liked the 3rd Hellraiser movie, Despite it not going down so well with the movie critics at the time.

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.