Was Gods of Egypt underrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
I thought it was ok, showed many myth and the CGI effect was incredible, many figures were shown.

The biggest problem was Gerard Butler's Set, I think his appearance doesn't resemble the character at all. Also the transformation was a bit silly, it would be better to just change into monsters rather than just humanoid.

Patient_Leech
It's bad, but almost guilty pleasure level. I thought the effects with Jaime Lannister looked too weird to take seriously. But some of the adventure was fun.

But yes, it's a bad movie. However, I think there are FAR worse movies. Cats, for example.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's bad, but almost guilty pleasure level. I thought the effects with Jaime Lannister looked too weird to take seriously. But some of the adventure was fun.

But yes, it's a bad movie. However, I think there are FAR worse movies. Cats, for example.

The plot is overall brainless, especially the fight to reclaim the throne. But it's quite common among blockbusters

But the CGI and those special effects to show Egypt deities/famous scenes were amazing.

Old Man Whirly!
Enjoyed it more than many Marvel films.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Enjoyed it more than many Marvel films.

thumb up

But watch it, Stilt will block.

BruceSkywalker
this was utter shit

Robtard
Gods of Egypt is a bad movie, but it's got a fun/adventure element that works. Apparently they had planned to do a series of these using other ancient pantheons and then maybe a crossover film(s). But this flopping hard killed that.

Like King's Solomon's Mines (1985), which is laughably awful, but still fun to watch. Low budget film that tried to cash in on the Raiders and Temple of Doom ride, though it's loosely based on the 1885 book of the same name.

riv6672

Robtard
Never heard of the Swayze one

riv6672

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Robtard
Gods of Egypt is a bad movie, but it's got a fun/adventure element that works. Apparently they had planned to do a series of these using other ancient pantheons and then maybe a crossover film(s). But this flopping hard killed that.

Like King's Solomon's Mines (1985), which is laughably awful, but still fun to watch. Low budget film that tried to cash in on the Raiders and Temple of Doom ride, though it's loosely based on the 1885 book of the same name.

True, too bad we didn't get to see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.