I think Hollywood has been going downhill since 10 year ago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Tons of old franchise sequels/remake plus Superhero comic movies. Very few brand new franchise. Lack of creativity overall.

Also the woke garbage further ruined some old franchise.

Especially Disney, they are simply grabbing money with their live action remakes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Tons of old franchise sequels/remake plus Superhero comic movies. Very few brand new franchise. Lack of creativity overall.

Franchise movies aside. There's plenty of new original films being made.

Robtard
Remakes have been a thing for decades and decades and decades.

eg Two of my favorite scifi films, The Thing (1982) and The Fly (1986) are remakes of older movies. The Thing got a prequel in 2011 and it was fine. I've been hoping for a modern remake of The Fly.

List of film remakes

As you can see, there's no shortage of remakes.

Patient_Leech
When only one wank gif just doesn't seem like enough...

https://media.tenor.com/_1csi7wsdq4AAAAM/drugs-are-bad-excited.gif

https://media.tenor.com/gavSIKMylxMAAAAM/tom-hanks-alone-tom-hanks-cast-away.gif

https://media.tenor.com/74qR1iFWfjYAAAAC/frog-wank.gif

BruceSkywalker
not another dunce

jeez whats next i wonder

cdtm
When you say downhill...

99.9% of Hollywood has always been barely hidden propaganda. Communist, military, communist, car commercials (Bayformers) communists...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by cdtm
When you say downhill...

99.9% of Hollywood has always been barely hidden propaganda. Communist, military, communist, car commercials (Bayformers) communists...

dur

Lol, a Conservative getting mad about the results of a free market, calling it "communist." I think what you mean is corporate advertising, ie capitalism.

cdtm
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
dur

Lol, a Conservative getting mad about the results of a free market, calling it "communist." I think what you mean is corporate advertising, ie capitalism.

I'm a left wing centrist.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard

. I've been hoping for a modern remake of The Fly.

I remember hearing at one time David Cronenberg wanted to remake it again

looking it up now....It would be more of a sequel to the 1986 film.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji

Hell yeah, that would be awesome. Is he planning it?

Robtard
I'm a left wing centrist.

Also cdtm:

I came out as a Trumper and alt-right, and now everyone in GDF hates me.

So that makes every forum now.

Otherwise not much is new, how's things on your end?

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
I remember hearing at one time David Cronenberg wanted to remake it again

I'd be down for Cronenberg doing a modern version.

1986 film had a sequel, just wasn't very good compared to the first and it wasn't Cronenberg.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
Also cdtm:

I believe that was to.... Frenchie?

What's the French guys name. Whatever, there's the context of everything he and I say to each other as being tongue in cheek, as everything he says to others is tongue in cheek. I think.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hell yeah, that would be awesome. Is he planning it?

Last I heard a couple years ago another Fly movie is in active development, with rumors and that Goldblum could return, but since he died, it's likely he'd play another character. Also rumors that the lead would be a female scientist who gets turned into the fly-monster.

Patient_Leech
I totally forgot about the sequel to The Fly. I remember not hating it, but yeah, it's definitely not Cronenberg.

Yeah, kind of wish Cronenberg would do a belated sequel to his Fly instead of giving us f%#king ear guy... roll eyes (sarcastic)

https://media.gq.com/photos/629a48a1912b92724facb4ad/master/pass/CF_D28_Sc28_00982.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.